What does Donahue have to do to keep his job?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

What does Donahue have to do to keep his job?

I'm just starting this to give WHR, DONNN, CHEEROH, and UOFNDKING a chance to rant against BC in another discussion. Let's hear it, boys. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedBaron. Show RedBaron's posts

Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job?

I don't think that Donahue has any worries yet. If he doesn't start to produce W's by the time this years freshmen are juniors, then the heat may turn up on him.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Thanks for the opportunity ... BC is dead in all things considered relevant in athletics! Why bringthem up?

Go Justin Tuck!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job?:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the opportunity ... BC is dead in all things considered relevant in athletics! Why bringthem up? Go Justin Tuck!!!!!
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]
    Relevant athletics is an oxymoron. Ironic that you love the Giants, since they have more BC grads on the roster than any other college, plus a former coach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

He's at least a point guard and a small forward away from having a decent team.  He may have recruited the point guard this year (no one knows) and of course no one knows about next years class.  They are so young and physiclly immature they really don't have a chance this year.  There was a picture of a BC player and a power forward from another ACC school where their arms were locked up going for a rebound.  One arm was a toothpick and the other arm was easily twice as big.  It's boys against men this year but a year or two with a strength and conditioning coach will will even up that disparity.  He's got two full years to show marked improvement.  I like him as a coach but it's still too early to tell if the players are any good. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : Relevant athletics is an oxymoron. Ironic that you love the Giants, since they have more BC grads on the roster than any other college, plus a former coach.
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

Justin Tuck is not a BC grad idiot ...
    Victor Cruz is not a BC grad ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE] He's at least a point guard and a small forward away from having a decent team.  He may have recruited the point guard this year (no one knows) and of course no one knows about next years class.  They are so young and physiclly immature they really don't have a chance this year.  There was a picture of a BC player and a power forward from another ACC school where their arms were locked up going for a rebound.  One arm was a toothpick and the other arm was easily twice as big.  It's boys against men this year but a year or two with a strength and conditioning coach will will even up that disparity.  He's got two full years to show marked improvement.  I like him as a coach but it's still too early to tell if the players are any good. 
    Posted by bc64jg[/QUOTE]

This couldn't have been said any better...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : This couldn't have been said any better...
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

After seeing what this BC team accomplished this year, one would ponder where your abilities lie. It certainly isn't ingenious? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : What kind of Kool Aid are you drinking?  The team lacks one important thing that a few years in the gym won't help-  TALENT.  These kids aren't D1 talent and honestly, I think a lot of the d2 teams are more talented.
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    I guess I must be on the Kool-Aid too, because I remember that Jim O'Brien's team with Curley, Huckaby, Eisley, and Gerrod Abram as freshmen won something like 9 games and didn't win a Big East game. When they were sophomores, they were a .500 team. By the time they were seniors, with the addition of Danya Abrams, they knocked off Indiana and then #1 UNC to get to the final 8. I'm still hopeful for the current team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : Justin Tuck is not a BC grad idiot ... Victor Cruz is not a BC grad ...
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]
    I  guess you missed my point, but that's to be expected. Hopefully you'll eventually outgrow this impairment. To paraphrase SNL: "This is the life. To be young, stupid, and have no future at all. I love South Bend!"

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : I  guess you missed my point, but that's to be expected. Hopefully you'll eventually outgrow this impairment. To paraphrase SNL: "This is the life. To be young, stupid, and have no future at all. I love South Bend!"

you know indian, it was a very difficult point to understand.  HA!  While I was able to see that you said there may be some talent, but as they are all young freshman it was "too early" too tell the actual talent level and we will have to wait and see, I can understand how that very complicated point would go over some heads....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : none of this current crop of players had the skill level of curley, huckaby, eisley or Abram's.  That latter group would be pretty upset if you compared the 2 groups. That was in the BE, this team plays in a VERY weak league in the ACC with many cupcakes (wake, gtech, clemson, etc...). Wow, you really are on the Kool Aid!  I can't believe you really made that statement.  by the way, I have some some land to sell you....
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    The Kool Aid is a powerful elixir. As for the land, as long as it's not too close to Storrs . . .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]Devine Intervention and, that's a tall order for these junior high scrubs he has assembled! BC will not win 10 games with 5 left in the well!
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]
    Another oops? I think you made a "typo," not to be confused with a factual error. They actually have 10 games left.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : sounds like you need to convince yourself and not me that this current crop of freshman remind you of that other group.  WOW.  we have hit an all time low of stupidity and overly optimistic aspirations for these boards.  What's next?  comparing BC hoops to the Fab Five?
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    Donnnn, I merely express opinions in these "discussions" and would never attempt, with my feeble brain, to try to convince you of anything. WOW. You take yourself way too seriously.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : sounds like you need to convince yourself and not me that this current crop of freshman remind you of that other group.  WOW.  we have hit an all time low of stupidity and overly optimistic aspirations for these boards.  What's next?  comparing BC hoops to the Fab Five?
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    Fab Five? I was thinking more like UCLA, 1964-1973.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

BC again not good enough!

Perhaps the wost team in the Nation in NCAA Division 1 Basketball!

Congrats BC you finally accomplished something in your obsecuity. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from neobserver. Show neobserver's posts

Prtetty easy; keep doing his job. I'm sure he's not wasting his time reading idiotic comments from mom's basement boy cave dwellars.  The guy took an Ivy League team to the Sweet Sixteen for heaven's sake. He dominated Penn & Princeton for several years. He's about the only thing this BC AD has done right, although it doesn't make up for the way he treated the ex-coach.  He will be competitive sooner rather than later.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : Donnnn, I merely express opinions in these "discussions" and would never attempt, with my feeble brain, to try to convince you of anything. WOW. You take yourself way too seriously.
    Perhaps this is why we consider BC athletics a joke and not "too seriously."

Sections
Shortcuts