Where is Skinner When You Need Him!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him!

In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him! :   I did not see his post because I clicked "ignore longputter" a while ago, as I had long since tired of his childish nonsense, and the way that others have enabled his moronic ramblings by continuing to respond and try to engage him in debate, which he clearly avoids.  I highly recommend this approach-makes these blogs much more enjoyable to read.
    Posted by eaglebeagle1[/QUOTE]

and we ignore your garbage also ... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Veritatissplendor. Show Veritatissplendor's posts

Too painful to repeat his words Jamesgatz but clearly this LP guy appears to be happy with his demise.  All of you might think this to be a joke but for many of us its not.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him! : BC will never be anything more, in the annals of collegiate basketball   as a want a bee school whose dreams are delusional. Their Basketball program can never attract top tier coaching, or quality Black athletes who would chose a Jesuit College in lieu of an institution i.e. Kentucky, which is a pipeline to the NBA. The fact that BC recruiting is not a "guarantee" to the NBA, in which these   five star studs  coming out of the  Oak Hill Academy (VA) , DeMatha(DC) , Gonzaga(DC) , Rice (NY), Lincoln (NY)  & St. Benedicts (NJ) Power Memorial (NY) desire to achieve their fortune is BC’s   problem ...  If BC was a truly supportive institution, it would attract more that 2,800 at the Conte Gym on a good ACC night for a potential recruit and have paid some lucrative money to attract a top tier Coach, not a Cornell troll, who has accomplished   nothing which   Walter Naismith would be proud of ... dream on BC grads and enjoy the dance from the NIT again!
    Posted by googleboy[/QUOTE]

Googleboy, please inform us of the highest level of education you have obtained.

With no confirmation we can only assume you are a high-school dropout who somehow boosts his self esteem by hating on BC, a school you could never dream of attending.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him! : and we ignore your garbage also ... 
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

Aww, you're not upset 'cause I called you on those consecutive Irish losses after you predicted a BC losing streak, are ya now?  Fair is fair, after all.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him! : BC will never be anything more, in the annals of collegiate basketball   as a want a bee school whose dreams are delusional. Their Basketball program can never attract top tier coaching, or quality Black athletes who would chose a Jesuit College in lieu of an institution i.e. Kentucky, which is a pipeline to the NBA. The fact that BC recruiting is not a "guarantee" to the NBA, in which these   five star studs  coming out of the  Oak Hill Academy (VA) , DeMatha(DC) , Gonzaga(DC) , Rice (NY), Lincoln (NY)  & St. Benedicts (NJ) Power Memorial (NY) desire to achieve their fortune is BC’s   problem ...  If BC was a truly supportive institution, it would attract more that 2,800 at the Conte Gym on a good ACC night for a potential recruit and have paid some lucrative money to attract a top tier Coach, not a Cornell troll, who has accomplished   nothing which   Walter Naismith would be proud of ... dream on BC grads and enjoy the dance from the NIT again!
    Posted by googleboy[/QUOTE]

here is an analysis I did on attendance for the prior season; it would certainly seem to indicate attendance is higher than 2,800

2-3K 3x
    3-4K 1x
    4-5K 5x
    5-6K 2x
    6-7K 2x
    />8K 4x  all ACC games

Their lowest attendance this year was 3,652.  They have attracted over 3K 4 times, over 4K twice and over 5K 3 times.  So I do not know where the 2,800 figure comes from

BC has never attracted a top name coach in either hoop or football; it is rightly seen as a career advancement post and has been over the last 30 years.  This is what it is.  I do not want the school to be UK or Louisville as just a stopover on the way to the pros; I like it being like Duke or UNC where people stay.  BC becomes an alternative to those schools for bright kids who want an education.  OK with me.  We all cannot rech that pinnacle

And by the way it is James, not Walter Naismith

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

All,

This excellent statistics site projects BC to finish the year at 18-12.  They project each game and say the Eagles will win the next game against Virginia then lose 7 in a row to ACC opponents. 

The interesting thing is that they also provide stats on the probability of winning.  Of those 7 in a row there appears to be a reasonable chance they win the two home games in the middle of that string of games.  Those games are February 1 and 5 against UNC and VT.

I am with EverToExcel, no one thought they would do well this year.  Finishing at 18-12 would be respectable and perhaps point toward a more rosy future.  If they can steal a few more wins they may even go to the NCAAs, which would not be bad for a first year coach who had to recruit a player or two from the Rec Complex.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flypt. Show flypt's posts

Well we beat Virgina tonight, and Billy Donovan's Florida lost to South Carolina at home tonight. We dominated South Carolina in their builing and then lost to Harvard in our building. If anyone here really thinks they understand college basketball, well they don't.

Next three games decide if we make th NCAA's imo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Big boys coming up for the trolls FSU & DUKE away from Conte! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]Well we beat Virgina tonight, and Billy Donovan's Florida lost to South Carolina at home tonight. We dominated South Carolina in their builing and then lost to Harvard in our building. If anyone here really thinks they understand college basketball, well they don't. Next three games decide if we make th NCAA's imo.
    Posted by flypt[/QUOTE]

Who is we troll; are you on the Team? Yea right FSU and Duke start your mourning period!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]All, This excellent statistics site projects BC to finish the year at 18-12.  They project each game and say the Eagles will win the next game against Virginia then lose 7 in a row to ACC opponents.  The interesting thing is that they also provide stats on the probability of winning.  Of those 7 in a row there appears to be a reasonable chance they win the two home games in the middle of that string of games.  Those games are February 1 and 5 against UNC and VT. I am with EverToExcel, no one thought they would do well this year.  Finishing at 18-12 would be respectable and perhaps point toward a more rosy future.  If they can steal a few more wins they may even go to the NCAAs, which would not be bad for a first year coach who had to recruit a player or two from the Rec Complex.
    Posted by Eagle79[/QUOTE]

BC do that well? Come on man 18-12 with URI, Harvard & Yale+++? BC Troll dude the ACC SU*k* this year!  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

UofNDKing,

Very uncreative response.  Did you actually go to the stats site?  I suspect not.  While BC has lost to Harvard, Yale and URI they have also beaten Texas A&M, South Carolina and Maryland.  Interesting that the stats site projects that Maryland will beat BC the next time they play them on BC's court.

Here is the link for ND this year.  They project them as 21-9.  But I knew that because I use the site to actually get a clear analytical picture of what is going on.

Now go take a logic class and figure out that an ad hominem argument like you just made in your post does not actually prove your point . . . whatever that actually is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]UofNDKing, Very uncreative response.  Did you actually go to the stats site?  I suspect not.  While BC has lost to Harvard, Yale and URI they have also beaten Texas A&M, South Carolina and Maryland.  Interesting that the stats site projects that Maryland will beat BC the next time they play them on BC's court. Here is the link for ND this year .  They project them as 21-9.  But I knew that because I use the site to actually get a clear analytical picture of what is going on. Now go take a logic class and figure out that an ad hominem argument like you just made in your post does not actually prove your point . . . whatever that actually is.
    Posted by Eagle79[/QUOTE]

Cowboy up BC; we'll see how great thou art after FSU and Duke away for the Troll Gymnasium. The nobody ACC's are no match for the UNDKing's 15th Fighting Irish or for that matter any team in the Big East! With Harvard, URI, and Yale, Wisconsin and the U losses & coming up FSU & Duke, BC's JV season looks about the same as their stinker of a Football season! For the trolls at BC; no dancing in March, RPI has bottomed out beating up and losing to nobodies ... Sorry BC dude! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Last night's 16 point drubbing at FSU shows a few things:

1. It once again proves that Stevie Wonder's reliance on the three-pointer is a mistake. Going 8 for 23 beyond the arc is no way to win. Good teams don't do that.

2. ACC teams (though in a weak conference) have learned that the Eagles can be stymied by solid defense, as the Seminoles demonstrated.

3. The new "recruits" contributed a total of 3 points. Coach Skinner's kids did the rest.

4. The full-house attendance of 11,604 shows, by comparison, just how indifferent the Eagle community is to their basketball program.  Fine job, Dear Leader and Flippo!

Peace, and enjoy today's NFL playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

If the team plays well, attendance and atmosphere will improve.   As for relying on the 3 pointer, there are many coaches taking this route, so I'm willing to let Donahue put his players and program in place to see how it plays out over a few seasons.  He doesn't have the defense or the depth to rely on 3's, but he may within 1 or 2 recruiting classes.  Otherwise, you make some reasonable points and it's an improved sig.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Could be coaching women's team who are getting all the ink now

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Yes, much improved LP, thank you...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him! : Googleboy, please inform us of the highest level of education you have obtained. With no confirmation we can only assume you are a high-school dropout who somehow boosts his self esteem by hating on BC, a school you could never dream of attending.
    Posted by JamesGatz1[/QUOTE]

Googleboy has it right on the button. Seen by all except brainwashed Jesse James'

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

UofNDking,

Still an uncreative response, an ad hominem attack and provides no insight into what is actually happening.  Apparently you did not read the link I posted.  It is analytical and basically says that BC could very well lose the next seven games.  Of those 7 games they have the best chance to steal the two games at home.

Apparently you are not in the honors program at ND . . . perhaps we need to explain what "ad hominem" means.  It is latin and someone that goes/went to ND should understand it.  If you took a logic class while there they would even test you on it.

All I said was that this stretch of 7 games would show what type of team BC is.  They have lost some games they shouldn't have and won some they shouldn't have.  For a team that lost players to transfer and did not have many/any recruits this year people should not expect much. 

Kind of like when you get a new football coach you need to give them time to implement their program.  Something you should understand very well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

Dear Al,

Please come back to Amherst. Your contribution will be greatly appreciated here, even if you did coach two of out biggest "rivals". Even if you get us to the NIT it's a success.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

Wasn't the complaint about Big Al that he was too laid back, or worse, lazy?  That's hardly what's needed to inject new life into the moribund UMass BB program.  We need a type A kind of guy.  Plus we tried a BCS coach who had been run out of his previous job, and Lappas failed miserably.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

This is the time of year when college basketball fans savor the memory of epic games over the yars against traditional foes, and look forward to upcoming battles against those teams.

But, Oh, snap! 

We at Behead Coaches Institute (nee BC) can't do that - all our historic rivals are in the Big East!

Thanks, Dear Leader and Flippo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigZ. Show BigZ's posts

Boy, there are a real bunch of yahoos on this one aren't there.  Verbosity = stupidity.

Sections
Shortcuts