Where is Skinner When You Need Him!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him!

You're comparing Harvard BB with Rhode Island?  Clearly you don't follow College Hoops.  (I had some BC needling in here initially, but BC fans aren't instigating this, just another lame troll, so sorry if you caught it before the edit).

Rhode Island returned most of their 26 win team from last year.  That team went all the way to the NIT Final Four, and the only reason they didn't get to the final game was that the refs gave UNC the game at the very end.  URI has been beating tough OOC teams for several years now. If not for folding up during A10 action they would have been dancing.

Oh yeah, that same URI team also gave BC a double-digit loss last season. And took them down to the wire the meeting before that. This wasn't necessarily a bad loss for BC. It certainly was far from a shocker.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenneyc. Show kenneyc's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him!:
    [QUOTE]You're comparing Harvard BB with Rhode Island?  Clearly you don't follow College Hoops.  (I had some BC needling in here initially, but BC fans aren't instigating this, just another lame troll, so sorry if you caught it before the edit). Rhode Island returned most of their 26 win team from last year.  That team went all the way to the NIT Final Four, and the only reason they didn't get to the final game was that the refs gave UNC the game at the very end.  URI has been beating tough OOC teams for several years now. If not for folding up during A10 action they would have been dancing. Oh yeah, that same URI team also gave BC a double-digit loss last season. And took them down to the wire the meeting before that. This wasn't necessarily a bad loss for BC. It certainly was far from a shocker.
    Posted by SlimPickensII[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenneyc. Show kenneyc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him! :
    Posted by kenneyc[/QUOTE]
    URI really isn't that good this year. They lost already to Providence (Who BC beat!) and Quinnipiac---Quinnipiac!! BC played hardy but not focused at times. Too many turnovers. This is the same team that beat Maryland and took Wisconisn down to the wire. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

Is that right?  And what do you know about this opponent?  You realize folks like bigman Outerbridge sat out the first semester and are now back?  That Richmond was hobbled with a leg injury for a while?  These are their two key players. 

They've been wildly inconsistent, they also took #4 Pitt right down to the wire to open the season.   And Quinipiac, while not exactly playing a murderers row, is 9-2 this season. Not too shabby. If we're talking eggs, and all teams lay them, especially early, then let's talk about Yale. 5-6 Yale.   What? Speak up,  I can't hear you!

BC really smoked Providence, didn't they.  What was the margin of victory again?  Oh yeah, 2 whopping points.  On BC's vaunted home court.  URI lost at Providence, by a double-digit margin, sure.  But this is their number one OOC rival, not a normal game, and Providence had lost 2 or their last 2 meetings.  I'm not sure BC understands the concept of a rival, not in BB.  Do you even have one?

The point remains, your comparison of Harvard and "Little Rhodey" as you put it, doesn't hold any water.

But have it your way.   BC lost to URI - URI!!!!  

For the real BC fans,  all 8 of you, you have a decent squad there, better than most expected.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

11-3 is fine, no matter how you slice it.  I suspect they will struggle against some of the more athletic and bigger teams in the ACC.  That said, no one expected much out of this season anyway, so a good start is all we can ask for.  Anything else is gravy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenneyc. Show kenneyc's posts

[QUOTE]Is that right?  And what do you know about this opponent?  You realize folks like bigman Outerbridge sat out the first semester and are now back?  That Richmond was hobbled with a leg injury for a while?  These are their two key players.  They've been wildly inconsistent, they also took #4 Pitt right down to the wire to open the season.   And Quinipiac, while not exactly playing a murderers row, is 9-2 this season. Not too shabby. If we're talking eggs, and all teams lay them, especially early, then let's talk about Yale. 5-6 Yale.   What? Speak up,  I can't hear you! BC really smoked Providence, didn't they.  What was the margin of victory again?  Oh yeah, 2 whopping points.  On BC's vaunted home court.  URI lost at Providence, by a double-digit margin, sure.  But this is their number one OOC rival, not a normal game, and Providence had lost 2 or their last 2 meetings.  I'm not sure BC understands the concept of a rival, not in BB.  Do you even have one? The point remains, your comparison of Harvard and "Little Rhodey" as you put it, doesn't hold any water. But have it your way.   BC lost to URI - URI!!!!   For the real BC fans,  all 8 of you, you have a decent squad there, better than most expected.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenneyc. Show kenneyc's posts

[QUOTE]You're comparing Harvard BB with Rhode Island?  Clearly you don't follow College Hoops.  (I had some BC needling in here initially, but BC fans aren't instigating this, just another lame troll, so sorry if you caught it before the edit). Rhode Island returned most of their 26 win team from last year.  That team went all the way to the NIT Final Four, and the only reason they didn't get to the final game was that the refs gave UNC the game at the very end.  URI has been beating tough OOC teams for several years now. If not for folding up during A10 action they would have been dancing. Oh yeah, that same URI team also gave BC a double-digit loss last season. And took them down to the wire the meeting before that. This wasn't necessarily a bad loss for BC. It certainly was far from a shocker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenneyc. Show kenneyc's posts

Hey Slim!! You really do have a thin skin. I'll bet I have seen more BC basketball than you are old...Of course, I initiated my posting tongue in cheek hoping it would get under someone's skin and "guess what" ..it did!! Thank you for the entertainment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Well, Stevie Wonder has made it clearer to us all.

Not only, thus far, are we unable compete in the Ivy League, but now the A10 is added to the unbeatables.

And that two-point thrashing of the Friars, coupled with the four-point massacre of Bucknell were impressive, were they not?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]Well, Stevie Wonder has made it clearer to us all. Not only, thus far, are we unable compete in the Ivy League, but now the A10 is added to the unbeatables. And that two-point thrashing of the Friars, coupled with the four-point massacre of Bucknell were impressive, were they not?
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct putter.
    BC lost to an Ivy league team so they can't compete in the Ivy league. BC also lost to an A10 team so they can't beat any team in the "unbeatable" A10.
    Would you also conclude that Uconn can't compete in the big east because they lost to Pitt?

And where is our beloved Al? I must have missed the press release announcing his hiring. Is he coaching at Duke now? Ohio State?
    Surely such an outstanding coach must be employed by one of the top basketball programs. Which of the many job offers did he accept?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Didn't Al get some trial time w/Doc Rivers as a defensive assistant?  They are friends, but somehow Doc has entered the season without Al.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

LP, let's be clear on one thing and one thing only.  No matter what you say or think or do you are a huge, repeat HUGE a*ole.  After everyone asks you to please shorten your profile to make this blog easier to use, you go ahead and continue to make it long.  You are a sad bitter man.............Crappy New Year to you.

Happy New Year to everyone else!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

momort,

Stop the whine, my son.

The signature remains a constantly updated catalyst for necessary change at alma mater.

Read and ye shall learn, my boy.

P.S. 
           Coach Skinner seems to be enjoying a well-paid (thanks to The Gang of Two) time off from coaching.

Don't know his plans, but why should he not make that truth-challenged pair pay the full $3.3 million they owe him over the 3 years left on his contract?

And it must grate y'all that the bill for that will be footed by the person you see in the mirror each morning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Nope

doesn't bother me at all.  We thank Al for his contributions but it was time to go.  he is showing the same kind of motivation in this enforced retirement that he did in his last three years at the helm of the program.

Even a sad sack program like St John's wouldn't sign him.  If he is motivated only by the money paid him to sit, what other school will take the chance that it has not become a permanent situation with him?  He can have the money; it doesn't bother me as excellence and resurrection comes with a price

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Earth to moron, NO ONE READS YOUR STUPID PROFILE.  Delusional moron.

PS-Skinner has no current job because he was turned down for each on he interviewed for.  So while he is happy collecting his $$, he is owed this money, it's not because he chose this way.  HE CAN'T GET ANOTHER JOB...

you moron

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Looks like another former BC coach has found sucess after leaving:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2011/01/03/jagodzinski_fired_as_coach_of_ufls_omaha_team/?p1=Well_Sports_links

To sum up, Skinner can't get a job, Jags has been fired twice, and Tom OB has a .500 record since leaving. 

Meanwhile, our very young football team just won their last 5 games with 23 freshman and sophmore including a LB that had the most tackles in the country and a QB who played very well as a true freshman.  And a hoops team playing very very shorthanded gaining national attention for their play, espn even saying they will make the dance (to be seen though).....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Come to Dixie and Duke awaits, come to Dixie my son and the Yankees always meet their fate!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

82ab - if you really are down south somewhere, why do you care so much about BC football?

Some bad news for you; the Civil War is over and WE WON!

Get lost!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

Maybe our lil' friend ND "king" changed his name to 82nd AB.  Looks similar in the attempt to bait and the lack of any nuance.  Maybe a kid?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Harvard          78
    BCi (nee BC)    69

And this before another surging  "crowd"  of 4,129!

What's to say?

Not much - this speaks for itself, does it not?

Our crack new coach, Stevie Wonder, and his all-Ivy staff have now lost 100% of their games against Ivy teams this year.

Whew, we all must rejoice that Dear Leader and Flippo dismissed the winningest hoops coach in school history and brought in this wizard!

Is there a tournament below the level of the NIT?

Hopefully there is, so the Eagles have somewhere to go in March.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenneyc. Show kenneyc's posts

Sure I'm disappointed as are the BC players. Obviously, Harvard is good.Can the BC players rebound and have a credible ACC season--we will see..Too bad we cannot have "adult" conversations on this posting and the Globe continues to provide LP with space to vent his mis-spent youth!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

LP must have been waiting under the covers in the basement bedroom, listening to Meter on the radio in anticipation of the game ending last night with BC on the losing side so he could resume posting and enjoy jumping on the opportunity to attack Donahue.
    Yes, the team sucked again, and will have these problems on occasion, but do LP & the Haters need to release a rehashed old tune every time? 
    Has anyone seen LP & Skinner together at the same time?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VBats. Show VBats's posts

First time poster/BC Graduate 

My take is that there is a reason that the new Coach "Stevie Wonder" was .513 for his career in the Ivy League. The IVY LEAGUE.  Now we have witnessed it twice.

0-2 against Harvard and Yale is inexcusable and totally embarrassing for BC. PERIOD.

These losses will be magnified if the Eagles don't make the NCAA 65. National ridicule is in full-effect already.

Gene the Egomaniac is a small time AD who repeatedly fails to land a big-time coach when presented with the opportunity.  Apathy for basketball and football are in large-part, his fault by the mandates he orders.

The only sport he can't screw up is hockey because York is a Hall of Famer who simply won't allow him to cancerize the program.

Sad but expected day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

[QUOTE]First time poster/BC Graduate  My take is that there is a reason that the new Coach "Stevie Wonder" was .513 for his career in the Ivy League. The IVY LEAGUE.  Now we have witnessed it twice. 0-2 against Harvard and Yale is inexcusable and totally embarrassing for BC. PERIOD. These losses will be magnified if the Eagles don't make the NCAA 65. National ridicule is in full-effect already. Gene the Egomaniac is a small time AD who repeatedly fails to land a big-time coach when presented with the opportunity.  Apathy for basketball and football are in large-part, his fault by the mandates he orders. The only sport he can't screw up is hockey because York is a Hall of Famer who simply won't allow him to cancerize the program. Sad but expected day.
    Posted by VBats[/QUOTE]

I would love for some of the bashers to define "Big Time" coach. When in the history of BC has a sport attracted a Big Time coach? It has never happened, no matter who was in charge.

This idea that Roy Williams, John Calipari, Rick Pitino, Coach K or Jim Boheim would show up on BC's campus if only we had a different AD is preposterous. That's not how it works.

Most reviews of Coach Donahue have been quite positive and he was able to bring his Cornell team to the Sweet 16 - a feat no other Ivy had accomplished since 1979. Heck, how many times has BC gone to the Sweet 16 in the past 15 years? Once, I think.

Not to mention that Coach Donahue's recruits for next year are now blowing up on the national recruiting landscape, especially Ryan Anderson.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]First time poster/BC Graduate  My take is that there is a reason that the new Coach "Stevie Wonder" was .513 for his career in the Ivy League. The IVY LEAGUE.  Now we have witnessed it twice. 0-2 against Harvard and Yale is inexcusable and totally embarrassing for BC. PERIOD. These losses will be magnified if the Eagles don't make the NCAA 65. National ridicule is in full-effect already. Gene the Egomaniac is a small time AD who repeatedly fails to land a big-time coach when presented with the opportunity.  Apathy for basketball and football are in large-part, his fault by the mandates he orders. The only sport he can't screw up is hockey because York is a Hall of Famer who simply won't allow him to cancerize the program. Sad but expected day.
    Posted by VBats[/QUOTE]
    was 0-2 inexcusable for Skinner against the Ivy?  How about a loss to main?  Why do Al's kids lose to the Ivy all the time?

name me a big time coach who came to BC to coach?  Please do not include those who has later success but someone who was a nationally acclaimed coach when they showed up on Campus?

BTW Jerry became a HOFer because of his success at BC; he was not nationaaly acclaimed and accoplished when he showed up

Sections
Shortcuts