Where is Skinner When You Need Him!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VBats. Show VBats's posts

Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him!

In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him!:
    Vbats , good luck trying to deal with momort and his idiot friends.  He's all talk and wouldn't even accept an invitation to meet @ Conte. By the way, Mo it's refreshing to see you still can't spell.  I side with V on being an educated poster.  And today you ALLEDGED that you went to BC? With your grammar, you are delusional yet amusing.  This is a gem of a comment "Doesn't he deserve an onslaught of negativity for them?  No he does not" trbow , good for your objectivity.  See sheep, someone else knows the ramifications of those embarrassing losses. It's 2011, why not improve yourselves and make this a better forum.
    Posted by ernieafdamo

Thanks for the advice

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Yes, yes once again just because big boy ernie says I didn't go to BC it must mean that I didn't.  That's how this works, what he says is true no matter what.  So no, I didn't go to BC because Ernie said I didn't.

I have zero time to discuss grammar and spelling.  If that's what you are looking for in a sports forum, then scram.  Seriously, we are here to discuss sports.  We are all more than likely typing these posts as fast as we can.  So if spelling and the such aren't prefect, who cares.  Seriously, who cares?

So if you want to talk about spelling and grammar do us a favor and don't.

I'll put you in the same boat as the others, if you are 'embarrassed' by these losses than those are your own issues that you should deal with in private, please leave us out of it. 

Lastly, you didn't "invite" to meet me at Conte dude.  You threatened and then backtracked.  So spare me....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Cheeroh, if you don't like BC then why are you in this forum?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VBats. Show VBats's posts

Posted by momort

Here here Momort.  Glad to agree with you!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Oh but wait, I didn't go to BC because Ernie said I didn't.....darn.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Ernie, I want to go post on a forum of the college I went to.  Will you please do me the favor of letting me know what that is?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

As for a more legit chat, is Reggie an NBA player?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

My error

His first three year record is listed below:

SeasonOverallConference
    1997-98 15-166-12. 
    1998-99 6-213-15  
    1999-00 11-193-13 

My error was not referring to the conference record which in one year was worse than I quoted.  I did note in an earlier post he was 32-56 in his first three years.

In talking about records one should always try to reference something relevant. I certainly do not understand the "obsession" that you ascribe to me, but whatever. I use it only for comparison that it does take a new coach a while to get going   BC hung in with Skinner for those rough three years and was rewarded

Whose record should I refer to at BC?  Chuck Daley?  How does he have more cache when BC was his first coaching job?  The others came from low-level D1 schools and BC was a considerable step up for them.  Better WPs yes.  better coaches?  It wil be seen

In your opinion, who should GDF gone after?  Do you know the list of candidates?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him! : Facts are straight SNGH.  I said "all of the applicable names that I referenced had better than a .513 winning percentage when they came to BC" That clearly means anyone who had coached before.  Yes, Cousy and Daly were first-time coaches @ BC but they still had more name cache and better credentials than a .513 Ivy League coach.  Are you disputing that? I'm not pompous by nature.  You're the one with comprehension issues. PS Beware sheep, looks like new blood is coming to invade "your" forum
    Posted by VBats

Sorry genius, but your original statment was

"...Gary Williams, Bob Cousy, Chuck Daly, Tom Davis, Jim O'Brien and yes even the banished Skinner came to the Heights with better resumes, winning percentages and name recognition"

Notice the word in bold.
    Please explain how Cousy had a better winning percentage and coaching resume when his 1st job after retiring was coach at BC.
    Please explain how Daly had a better winning percentage, resume, OR name recognition since he was a career assistant coach before BC.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him! : No LP wanna be, winning percentage (wins and losses) was the only issue on the table.  Nothing more. And once again, yes ALL were better than .513 even by a minute amount.
    Posted by VBats

Meh. You set up a very limited definition of success only to justify your argument. 

Gary Williams coached at American U, no trips to NCAA.
    Jim O'Brien coached at St. Bonnaventure, no trips to the NCAA.
    Tom David coached at Lafayette, no trips to the NCAA.

Coach Donaue had three trips to the NCAA with one trip to the Sweet Sixteen.

The idea that the three above had far more impressive resumes than Coach Donaue before they came to BC is absurd.

All four coached at below mid-major programs and all four had some success. Coach Donahue had better success if you define success as performance in the NCAAs.

Coach Donahue's last three years at Cornell he had a 78% winning percentage which was better than all three above.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ernieafdamo. Show ernieafdamo's posts

I'm sure that it is whichever college that your defective brain spits out today, now etc. :)  Glad you and the new guy are bonding.

to Vbats et al, this is what I typed to momort...........

Since you crack wise, so often and with the full protection of your screen name/computer, I'd like to invite you to meet me at a game and then you can try to be a tough guy in person. 
    Posted by ernieafdamo 12/9/10

Instead of the expected "no", he rambled as usual and then got one of his sheep, or alter ego JamesGatz 1 to side with him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Ok, so let me ask you, how was I being a tough guy?  I never said I could beat you up, or wanted to, or that if you disagreed wtih me I'd pummel you.  Simply I said that you were saying was garbage....

For the record, I do not want to meet you.....thanks for the offer. 

I'm sure Vbats is pumped you got him up to speed though...well done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

I'm sure that it is whichever college that your defective brain spits out today, now etc. :)  Glad you and the new guy are bonding. to Vbats et al, this is what I typed to momort........... Since you crack wise, so often and with the full protection of your screen name/computer, I'd like to invite you to meet me at a game and then you can try to be a tough guy in person.  Posted by ernieafdamo 12/9/10 Instead of the expected "no", he rambled as usual and then got one of his sheep, or alter ego JamesGatz 1 to side with him.
    Posted by ernieafdamo

Of all the internet tough guys, Ernie is by far the toughest.

By the way aren't you 70? (Ernie D Adams, class of 1965...that's you, right?).

It is just so cute when you get all tough. It is absoutely adorable!

Now remember if you don't take your geritol no canasta for you!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ernieafdamo. Show ernieafdamo's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him! : Meh. You set up a very limited definition of success only to justify your argument.  Gary Williams coached at American U, no trips to NCAA. Jim O'Brien coached at St. Bonnaventure, no trips to the NCAA. Tom David coached at Lafayette, no trips to the NCAA. Coach Donaue had three trips to the NCAA with one trip to the Sweet Sixteen. The idea that the three above had far more impressive resumes than Coach Donaue before they came to BC is absurd. All four coached at below mid-major programs and all four had some success. Coach Donahue had better success if you define success as performance in the NCAAs. Coach Donahue's last three years at Cornell he had a 78% winning percentage which was better than all three above.
    Posted by LongPotter

Hey LP imposter, I’m going to help the rookie out.  Whatever his definition was, his facts back them up.  Winning percentages don't lie or tell stories.  Don’t try to pick a set year or years.  Donahue did not have a better win % than the others.  PS Tom DAVIS not David.

Vbats I'm sorry to say that Cousy and Daly never had coached college before but I got your meaning.  Cousy was a legend and had more appeal as did Chuck D who got credibility by being with Cousy and having his endorsement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VBats. Show VBats's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him! : Sorry genius, but your original statment was "...Gary Williams, Bob Cousy, Chuck Daly, Tom Davis, Jim O'Brien and yes even the banished Skinner came to the Heights with better resumes, winning percentages and name recognition" Notice the word in bold . Please explain how Cousy had a better winning percentage and coaching resume when his 1st job after retiring was coach at BC. Please explain how Daly had a better winning percentage, resume, OR name recognition since he was a career assistant coach before BC.
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere

I am an honorable man and stand corrected Screen.  That is exactly why I used the word "applicable" in the next post.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

Whatever his definition was, his facts back them up.  Winning percentages don't lie or tell stories. 
    Posted by ernieafdamo

Trips to the NCAAs and trips to the Sweet Sixteen also don't lie or tell stories, either.  Far more important than regular season. None of those coaches took their teams to the Sweet Sixteen prior to BC. That the definition of success most people pay attention to, not the meaningless regular season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him! : Hey LP imposter, I’m going to help the rookie out.  Whatever his definition was, his facts back them up.  Winning percentages don't lie or tell stories.  Don’t try to pick a set year or years.  
    Posted by ernieafdamo

Ernie, I can do whatever the hell I want to do. You are not King of the Internet.

Aren't you missing an episode of Murder She Wrote? Or one of those Andy Griffin shows you old folks love so much? Or is it Wilfred Brimley? I can't keep you geezers straight.

There is no one way to define "success", there are multiple. Coach Donahue built his program his first few years and ended up with a 78%+ winning percentage over his last three years, a level of success that none of the above three ever got to prior to arriving at BC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Posted by momort

It's called the 1st Amendment of the 27 moron! Also included in the Bill of Rights, something they did not teach you at BC ....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him! : Meh. You set up a very limited definition of success only to justify your argument.  Gary Williams coached at American U, no trips to NCAA. Jim O'Brien coached at St. Bonnaventure, no trips to the NCAA. Tom David coached at Lafayette, no trips to the NCAA. Coach Donaue had three trips to the NCAA with one trip to the Sweet Sixteen. The idea that the three above had far more impressive resumes than Coach Donaue before they came to BC is absurd. All four coached at below mid-major programs and all four had some success. Coach Donahue had better success if you define success as performance in the NCAAs. Coach Donahue's last three years at Cornell he had a 78% winning percentage which was better than all three above.
    Posted by LongPotter

BC as usual shot themselves in the foot and should have jumped on Sienna's coach, as he is having a fabulous 1st year at IOWA! Again, IOWA paid him $1.5 mln/yr and Donohue is lucky he clears $500K!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

BC will regret releasing Al Skinner .... jasper, or shucks, and golly gee Donohue  accomplished nothing in the IVY!  The Quakers & Tigers have dominated the league the past 20 years!  Jimmy Calhoon would eat Donohue alive with his experience and NCAA National Championships!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Hey Cheeboy, Steve D won the Ivy league at Cornell the last 3 years.  Not sure what your definition of accomplishment is, but I'd say he did pretty well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Trbow, no logical BC hoops fan expects them to make the touney this season with this team....so what are you talking about?
    Posted by momort

I'm saying that if they win 10 ACC games, combined with their non-league record, they'll make the tournament despite the 2 Ivy losses. 10 is a tall order for this group, but it's only 9-6 for the rest of the season, so not impossible.

Nope, I never expected much from them either.  Now however, they're very reliant on outside shooting that's streaky and unpredictable, so you never know.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

ok tbrow, I agree.  If this team make the NCAA it will be a huge surprise.  I actually wish that Raji and Reggie were younger so Steve D had more time with them.  They were wasted by the Skinner-corpse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him! : Facts are straight SNGH.  I said "all of the applicable names that I referenced had better than a .513 winning percentage when they came to BC" That clearly means anyone who had coached before.  Yes, Cousy and Daly were first-time coaches @ BC but they still had more name cache and better credentials than a .513 Ivy League coach.  Are you disputing that? I'm not pompous by nature.  You're the one with comprehension issues. PS Beware sheep, looks like new blood is coming to invade "your" forum
    Posted by VBats

In what way did Chuck Daly have "more name cache and better credentials" than a coach who was the first in 30 years to bring an Ivy League team to the Sweet Sixteen?

Prior to his stint at BC Chuck Daly never played in the NBA, never much of a college player and had never been a head coach. He had zero name cache and credentials. Career assistant unless you cound his head coach experience at Punxsutawny High!  Ha! If Chuch Daly saw his shadow we would get four more weeks of winter....some cache.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

Nope doesn't bother me at all.  We thank Al for his contributions but it was time to go.  he is showing the same kind of motivation in this enforced retirement that he did in his last three years at the helm of the program. Even a sad sack program like St John's wouldn't sign him.  If he is motivated only by the money paid him to sit, what other school will take the chance that it has not become a permanent situation with him?  He can have the money; it doesn't bother me as excellence and resurrection comes with a price
    Posted by provpats

I guess you would not condider BC a sad sack program which has never accomplished much of anything in NCAA Basketball? Terrible blog, filled with BC neo-Catholics raving about their experience at some all Jesuit high school athletic program back in Beanytown!

Sections
Shortcuts