Who's heading to The City By the Bay?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Who's heading to The City By the Bay?

Which BCI fans (nee BC) who post here are packing for the trip to San Francisco for the January 9th bowl game?

Don't be shy about demonstrating your commitment to alma mater - speak up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Re: Who's heading to The City By the Bay?

I can't go.  Sorry.  Make of that what you will, but it does not mean that I do not support the university or the program.  It just means that I cannot go to San Francisco this January. 

As I and others have asked before, please remove most of your tag line.  It's obnoxious, pointless, and pointlessly lengthens what could be decent, short discussions into columns of drivel.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

So LP ignores all the post directed at him and tries to start more trouble by asking if the 15 BC fans on there are going. 

So predictable....and boring.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eaglehockey. Show Eaglehockey's posts

I'm Going....Always wanted to see San Fran.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Momort . . . and long because he refuses to shorten his signature.

He claims to want to participate in debate but runs away and starts a new topic when he actually should be responding.

To me he has responded a few times by saying, what is this 20 questions?  And then proceeds to not answer any of the questions that would help move the debate and discussion forward.

To me the interesting thing is that he wanted BC to move to the Patriot League and on weekends run big seminars in Alumni Stadium.  He should understand that BC has a huge number of events like that already and they are often open to the public either free or for a nominal fee.  None of them would fill the stadium.

Is this what schools in the Patriot League already do?  No, and they do not fill their stadiums for football either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

And congratulations to coach Spaziani on his contract extension through the 2015 football season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Yes, great news!  This seems like better treatment than that being afforded Coach Freidgen at Maryland.  In an era of easy bowl appearances, just getting there is no longer enough for the lads in charge at Md.

http://www.umterps.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/122010aab.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

No, that was not a Christmas concert in preparation that you saw this morning along the shoulder of the westbound MA Pike near Newton.

What was it, then?

Perhaps the BC Eagles Band hitching their way to San Francisco, since the school won't send them?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

What?  Are you drunk LP?  I have to scroll all the way through you absurd profile to read that? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

LP,

Typical . . . post something negative without responding to others.  You have asked for reasoned debate a number of times.  In order to get it you need to participate.

And to not be ignored by many people going forward you need to shorten your signature.  It is ridiculous, adds nothing to the conversation and is childish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Tampa or Cape Cod, which one?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

The crazy part is, I think his signature is actually getting longer.  It's like the more and more he says stupid crap, his signature grows.  He's the Pinoccio of boston.com's college blogs...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from athos16. Show athos16's posts

In Response to Re: Who's heading to The City By the Bay?:
    [QUOTE]The crazy part is, I think his signature is actually getting longer.  It's like the more and more he says stupid crap, his signature grows.  He's the Pinoccio of boston.com's college blogs...
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from athos16. Show athos16's posts

In Response to Re: Who's heading to The City By the Bay?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's heading to The City By the Bay? :
    Posted by athos16[/QUOTE]
    Actually Momar, you are far from being wrong. I used to come here fairly often to read up on Boston area college programs. What I always got was LP mentally playing with himself. After a while it just got to be too much. I had to give up. When I left he only had about 22 names on the list, he has just become more obnoxious during my absence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVee. Show MrVee's posts

I am.  OK, I live in Northern California so it's not a hardship.  But I know I'll see a good number of BC alumni there.

I can't understand why the Globe is so silent on college, and particularly BC, athletics.  The men's and women's basketball teams are doing well, the women's soccer team is outstanding, the men's hockey team is beyond outstanding, the women's hockey team ain't too shabby, yet there appears to be more off-season coverage of the Red Sox than of BC or the other Boston area college teams.

I read a number of sports blogs, and nowhere do I find so many doofus comments as in the Globe.  That "putter" guy has worn out his welcome.