York for AD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eaglehockey. Show Eaglehockey's posts

York for AD

Maybe my spelling and sentence structure S....s, however so does the BC athletics program. If not for hockey  it would be BC who ??
    Just another dumb hockey jock !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Re: York for AD

Amen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

What have you got against Jerry York?

Why would ANY person in his right mind agree to be AD under Dear Leader?

I have too much fondness toward Jerry to ever want him in that position.

Peace.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eaglehockey. Show Eaglehockey's posts

If York could bring the Pride of BC Hockey to the other program, that would be a reward in itself. BC alums seem to make better coaches, managers etc.at BC, than others. We have a different structure at this school...not to say better or worse than other...just unique. Bc aklums seem to " get it" when it comes to athletics. Maybe my view is through Maroon glasses, but I feel they should look for an AD with school history. Maybe an ex jock like Cronin or Ruth.
    Just thinking outloud.

Putt away

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eaglehockey. Show Eaglehockey's posts

My typing S... s too

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I am not sure about that

Skinner was the winningest coach in the history of the program; Jags had a pretty good tenure for his short time here; TOB was a Navy grad.  It may be truer in hockey, but that is kind of a very close and closed community.

I also think in lookin at minor sports (soccer and baseball) we have had great success over the past few years because in those league, they are among the top if not the top level in those sports.

Hockey is a sport where we have a natural advantage; we should be glad of that and hope the rest of the sports are competitive and provide good entertainment

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Provpats wrote:

"Skinner was the winningest coach in the history of the program; Jags had a pretty good tenure for his short time here; TOB was a Navy grad."  

Gee, and now they are all gone.

Way to go, Flippo and Dear Leader!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

If you notice I did not say anything about the correctness of their departure

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: York for AD:
    [QUOTE]Provpats wrote: "Skinner was the winningest coach in the history of the program; Jags had a pretty good tenure for his short time here; TOB was a Navy grad."                                   Gee, and now they are all gone. Way to go, Flippo and Dear Leader!                                     
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

LP, you act as if they kicked those guys out.  Tom OB and Jags wanted out and they got their wish.  Skinner is a different story, but to blame the AD for guys leaving who WANTED to leave?  that doesn't make any sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

Jags was FIRED.

So was Cathy Inglese.

So was Dan Henning.

So was Jim O'Brien (no new contract), a pre-Flippo victim of Dear Leader's temper tantrum when his agreement to lower athletes admission standards became public.

So, of course, was Coach Skinner.

TOB saw the handwriting on the wall and beat them to the punch.

Get real, MO, these two are walking terminators.

No wonder they have the reps around the country that they do.

Peace

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Jags was fired because of the showdown he precipitated by interviewing with the Jets breaking an agreement that he was at BC for at least three years. If you talk about integrity Jags move left GDF with no choice.

Kathy had a nice run of 15 years at BC; things do end you know

Again as with skinner if the working conditions were so bad why did skinner and ingelese stay for so long

Henning had to go due to the scandal pure and simple

It has already been proven that Leahy and GDF's record in coach retention is not unusual in the world of D1 sports; we do not want to go back and dig those threads out that as usual you insipid coward refuse to respond to.

Now go start another thread

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]Mo , Jags was FIRED. So was Cathy Inglese. So was Dan Henning. So was Jim O'Brien (no new contract), a pre-Flippo victim of Dear Leader's temper tantrum when his agreement to lower athletes admission standards became public. So, of course, was Coach Skinner. TOB saw the handwriting on the wall and beat them to the punch. Get real, MO, these two are walking terminators. No wonder they have the reps around the country that they do. Peace

Are you seriously implying that Henning and O'Brien should not have been fired?

Henning should have been fired because the betting happened on his watch. And for the record it happened before Gene D took over.

O'Brien was fired for defying the administration and making promises to players before they got through the BC admissions offices. It was O'Brien who had the temper tantrum when admmissions told him his recruits didn't have the grades to qualify for BC

But as usual you ignore the facts if they don't fit your agenda of hate

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

'
    Provpats wrote:

"It has already been 'proven that Leahy and GDF's record in coach retention is not unusual in the world of D1 sports "

Yup, and Dewey beat Truman, too.

Screennamegoeshere wrote:

"O'Brien was fired for defying the administration and making promises to players before they got through the BC admissions offices. It was O'Brien who had the temper tantrum when admmissions told him his recruits didn't have the grades to qualify for BC"

Good thing you were not a history major - unless it was revisionist history.

You probably still believe that The Institute is a Catholic school.

Dream on, my son. Don't let facts get in the way.

Hard as it is for you to face this truth, but Dear Leader is the one who got caught in saying one thing and doing another (once again), and that is why JOB left The Institute!

Peace, mes amis.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

okay LP so you paid no attention to those posts that had the record of a number of other schools and their coaching retention record?

it is time for you to start another thread

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]'  Screennamegoeshere wrote: "O'Brien was fired for defying the administration and making promises to players before they got through the BC admissions offices. It was O'Brien who had the temper tantrum when admmissions told him his recruits didn't have the grades to qualify for BC" Good thing you were not a history major - unless it was revisionist history. You probably still believe that The Institute is a Catholic school. Dream on, my son. Don't let facts get in the way. Hard as it is for you to face this truth, but Dear Leader is the  one who got caught in saying one thing and doing another (once again), and that is why JOB left The Institute! Peace, mes amis.

I know I'm wasting my time but....

Please provide evidence that Fr Leahy said or did anything dishonest during the Jim O'Brien tantrum over BC academics and admission policies

Please provide evidence that the basketball program is "quickly plunging to the bottom" (Your exact words) FYI: the team won more games this year than last, and made the NIT tournament - something they didn't do last year.

Please provide evidence that Fr Leahy and Gene D have some sort of widely held bad rep among their peers

Please provide evidence that Steve Donahue was "regulary out-coached" (Your exact words again) FYI: He won 21 games this season. Pretty good for someone who is "regularly out-coached"

Please provide evidence that "Damage has been done to the place - big time. Others see it - especially outsiders. " (Your exact words again) What is the damage and who are the mysterious outsiders that see it?

YOU ARE A PHONY THAT DEALS ONLY IN THE SUBJECTIVE, DRIVEN BY YOUR AGENDA OF HATE AGAINST PEOPLE AT BC. YOU REFUSE TO SUBSTANTIATE ANY OF YOUR ACCUSATIONS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In case all you BC puck heads back in the block with your Jody haven't heard, I offer the following:

Minnesota Duluth vs. Notre Dame - 5 p.m. ET on ESPN2 HD/ESPN3.com

No. 1 North Dakota vs. Michigan - 8:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2 HD/ESPN3.com

The National Championship game will take place Saturday, April 9 at 7 p.m. EST, and will be shown on ESPN HD/ESPN3.com.

Tough year fellows with all your failures in the NCAAs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

ScreenNameGoesHere (the latest incarnation of this same soul)

Read the Blaudschun article.

Watch tapes of the MANY games where Stevie Wonder mindlesslly ordered a fusillade of threes, rather than going at the opp's big men.

Ask around the community of administrators in the Big East.

As to the program spiraling into free fall, look at what little he was able to do with a solid cadre of Al's kids, that Reggie talks about leaving early (something that NONE of Al's players who went to the NBA did, by the by), that there are rumors that Elmore may bolt this sinking ship, and that Stevie Wonder so turned off the "fans" that less than 2800 of them showed at Conte for the final NIT game.

But, if y'all are enthralled by the machinations of The Gang of Two, by all means hop right on down to Conte and put up your homes for the right to buy season tickets. THEN pony up for the ducats.

They are a bargain: there will be no one within 5 rows of your seats all season. 

And it's quieter there than in Bapst.

Peace.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

[QUOTE]ScreenNameGoesHere (the latest incarnation of this same soul) Read the Blaudschun article. Watch tapes of the MANY games where Stevie Wonder mindlesslly ordered a fusillade of threes, rather than going at the opp's big men. Ask around the community of administrators in the Big East. As to the program spiraling into free fall, look at what little he was able to do with a solid cadre of Al's kids, that Reggie talks about leaving early (something that NONE of Al's players who went to the NBA did, by the by), that there are rumors that Elmore may bolt this sinking ship, and that Stevie Wonder so turned off the "fans" that less than 2800 of them showed at Conte for the final NIT game. But, if y'all are enthralled by the machinations of The Gang of Two, by all means hop right on down to Conte and put up your homes for the right to buy season tickets. THEN pony up for the ducats. They are a bargain: there will be no one within 5 rows of your seats all season.  And it's quieter there than in Bapst. Peace.

More lies from the King of Lies.

Sean Williams did not leave Boston College early, really?

As to your rant about ticket prices....tickets to Boston College football and basketball are not expensive. Where did you get the idea that it costs alot to see a Boston College game?

Specifically for football. You keep claiming that you have to pay a PSL for season tickets. Not true. I have had season tickets for six years now and I have never paid or been asked to pay at PSL.

Keep fulminating into the wind, the world ignores you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Gatzie,

Once again, you show why your report cards reveal a D- for accuracy performance, but an A for uninformed persistence.

Sean Williams was EXPELLED from The Institute. Dear Leader's pals even got a restraining order barring him from campus, and he was later arrested on the grave charge that he tried to to go Conte to see a game, thus violating that order.

He did NOT leave early to go to the NBA.

Got it now?

As you no doubt know, NOT ALL football or hoops tickets come with a PSL. But the better ones do. AND, unlike the NFL, The Institute hits you with an ANNUAL PSL. So, for someone holding 4 of the best seats, he/she must pony up $4000 each year for the right to then buy those tickets.

That's not expensive? 

Must be nice to have a rich daddy, my son.

Got that one, too?

Oh, and re the 1960 election: you may learn something by reading this: 

THEN tell me what happened, in both Illinois and Texas my son.

Finally, there MUST be some help available at your school to cure you of your addiction to base name-calling. At least this time, you did not label me once again as a "bad Catholic" or a homosexual.

Thank God for small favors, I guess.

Peace.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?
    How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?
    How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?
    How about the facts on RJ?
    What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which noone in the College was associated with?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

[QUOTE] Oh, and re the 1960 election: you may learn something by reading this:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A36425-2000Nov16?language=printer THEN tell me what happened, in both Illinois and Texas my son.  PeacePosted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

LP, you have repeatedly posted that "Chicago" and the nefarious business there caused John F. Kennedy to be elected President.

After I posted three times about the electoral college it finnally sunk in that you were totally wrong and now are dragging up some rumors about Texas as well.

I know you are in your 70s so you were probably alive when JFK was elected.

So for 50 years you have been spouting off  about "Chicago" and you had apparently never even bothered to look at the electoral college results?

Your committment to ignorance is truly inspiring.

Oh here is another take:

http://www.slate.com/id/91350/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

LP, you are exhausting.  You claim other have revisionist history?  Are you really being serious? 

You are not worth the trouble.  You are 100% one-sided and thus that makes you well that would make you a fine politician.  You know, someone who cares not about the actually truth that is always somewhere in the middle or trying to see things from both sides, rather you have your head so far up your own A that you refuse to actually engage in any intelligent back n forth convo.

You should run for office, you'd fit right in.

and i do not mean that as a compliment....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: York for AD : LP, you have repeatedly posted that "Chicago" and the nefarious business there caused John F. Kennedy to be elected President. After I posted three times about the electoral college it finnally sunk in that you were totally wrong and now are dragging up some rumors about Texas as well. I know you are in your 70s so you were probably alive when JFK was elected. So for 50 years you have been spouting off  about "Chicago" and you had apparently never even bothered to look at the electoral college results? Your committment to ignorance is truly inspiring. Oh here is another take: http://www.slate.com/id/91350/
    Posted by JamesGatz1[/QUOTE]

You overwelm all with your lack of knowlege of polical science, now please go on Racheal Maddow, or the Laura Ingram blogs so these two liberal, and conservative gay extemists can point out many corrections to your much maligned "rants"! Now onward with UCONN the parade was simply awesome!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]LP, you are exhausting.  You claim other have revisionist history?  Are you really being serious?  You are not worth the trouble.  You are 100% one-sided and thus that makes you well that would make you a fine politician.  You know, someone who cares not about the actually truth that is always somewhere in the middle or trying to see things from both sides, rather you have your head so far up your own A that you refuse to actually engage in any intelligent back n forth convo. You should run for office, you'd fit right in. and i do not mean that as a compliment....
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]
    I guess you had a brain freeze and are referiing to yourself here?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: York for AD : You overwelm all with your lack of knowlege of polical science, now please go on Racheal Maddow, or the Laura Ingram blogs so these two liberal, and conservative gay extemists can point out many corrections to your much maligned "rants"! Now onward with UCONN the parade was simply awesome!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]
    you really should not write or post after inhaling too much car exhaust

Sections
Shortcuts