Who's really #1?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devannd. Show devannd's posts

Who's really #1?

Looking at the preview for the Div 1A playoffs. Barnstable is in at 8-0 with 2 games left. Lincoln Sudbury is in at 8-1 with 2 games left. Masconomet at 7-2 should win CAL with 2 games left and Everett 8-1 will win GBL with 1 game left. Looking stictly at strength of schedule Everetts opponents are a combined 49-45, Lincoln Sudburys are 43-54 Masco opponents are 46-48 and Barnstables opponents are a shockingly combined 32-52. Thats 20 games below .500.  Barnstable has only beaten two teams with a winning record this season. Everett has beaten 4. LS beat 5 and Masco 3 with a possible 3rd. Sorry Raiders come playoff time my moneys on Lincoln Sundbury to roll over Barnstable with Everett beating Masco setting up a rematch from last years Div1A Super Bowl.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Who's really #1?

Any team ever won TWO state championships in the same season?  Barnstable, with football and volleyball has a very good chance this year!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devannd. Show devannd's posts

I agree that Barnstable has a shot. But sorry you better hope for volleyball because Lincoln Sudbury will derail that train.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Don't really care about football........and they will win in volleyball, just like 14 times before!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from milodee. Show milodee's posts

Re: Who's really #1? - Eastern Mass

My guess is that Barnstable is about the get throttled Saturday by Everett which moves to #1 by a whisker over SJP which shut down a high scoring Andover team in round 1.  My logic is that Barnstable had to rally late to beat a very mediocre Billerica team that got waxed by Burlington which in turn got outclassed by Beverly (if you have not caught #33 Flaherty on film at Burlington try to find some) on their home field in the D 2A semis.   Reading may also be a bit overrated but I could be proven wrong on Saturday.  So here is my best stab at the final top 5 for the 2012 season heading into the Super Bowls.

1. Everett

2. St. Johns's Prep

3. Beverly

4. Reading

5. Barnstable

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devannd. Show devannd's posts

EHS defeated Barnstable HS today 20-19 to win the Div 1A Super Bowl. They also defeated earlier in the season St Johns Prep, Leominster and Springfiled Central who all BTW won their DIV 1 Super Bowls. Everett High School truly is the 2012 Massachusetts State Champions!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In response to devannd's comment:

EHS defeated Barnstable HS today 20-19 to win the Div 1A Super Bowl. They also defeated earlier in the season St Johns Prep, Leominster and Springfiled Central who all BTW won their DIV 1 Super Bowls. Everett High School truly is the 2012 Massachusetts State Champions!!!

I'm not too sure that Everett would have beaten St. John's Prep a second time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from devannd. Show devannd's posts

In response to jalvis' comment:

In response to devannd's comment:

I'm not too sure that Everett would have beaten St. John's Prep a second time. We will never know. But I'm looking forward to the 2013 season and I will say this. If Everett is to finally be dethroned in GBL this should be the year. Cambridge should be strong this tiem around.

Sections
Shortcuts