2010 Eastern Mass Softball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2010 Eastern Mass Softball

OK Practices begin on Monday so It is time to talk Softball.  With a very talented Class of 2009 now graduated and starting their College games...who are the teams to beat this season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

Re: 2010 Eastern Mass Softball

Icing, we may have to change our pictures, know that were in softball mood.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Is anyone practicing outside yet?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Eastern Mass Softball:
    Is anyone practicing outside yet?
    Posted by Icing-2

Gym, I think someone up stairs is watering down the infield, and the faucet broke. Anyone know a plumber?

Icing, I like your picture.Innocent

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

gym here, still in tryouts, not practicing yet. It's almost the best time of year, sun shining down, clay in your teeth, clay in your hair, clay, clay everywhere...... yay!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

gym here, still in tryouts, not practicing yet. It's almost the best time of year, sun shining down, clay in your teeth, clay in your hair, clay, clay everywhere...... yay!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule

Does your daughter play summer ball? How the softball team? (high school)

If I remember she's a freshman, what position. Answer at will, or not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2848454. Show user_2848454's posts

D1 will Be DR,KP and Norwood. They are all loaded

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Hard to believe there were lots of teams outside today...I can not remember a day this nice in mid-march.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Eastern Mass Softball : Does your daughter play summer ball? How the softball team? (high school)   If I remember she's a freshman, what position. Answer at will, or not.
    Posted by magellann

Yes, she plays summer ball, she's on a team that just does tournaments though. The h.s. players usually do put together a team and play in TVL too though so not sure how that's going to work out for her this summer. She may end up being a very busy girl.   They've been hitting the cages and what not for a couple of weeks now.  She's a catcher and a 1st basemen.  Our softball team has been okay in the past from what I understand, not sure how much noise they'll make though. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Anyone else done with cuts or are you all still going? We finished yesterday.  To my absolute shock, she's made varsity. We shall see how it works out for her as a freshman.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

Anyone else done with cuts or are you all still going? We finished yesterday.  To my absolute shock, she's made varsity. We shall see how it works out for her as a freshman.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule

Varsity, nice job, Playing jv is a waste of time, She may or may not play alot, but varsity softball you get some perts, like better uniforms, better practices, better coaching, and sweatshirts warm ups and a few other, JV- shorts and a t-shirt and sometime that's it.
    Now that she's varsity, I hope she's playing U-16 0r U-18 in the summer, if you have any questions about softball just ask, Icing and I have daughters who have been thru the college showcase tours over the last couple of years, and both daughters are playing softball in college.

Another note, our daughters are also Catcher's for there High school team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

I do not think AC is making cuts until the middle of next week!  I do not believe how deep the pitching staff is going to be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Thanks Mag, yes, I was duly impressed, I was not expecting her to make varsity as a freshman in this sport.  BUT...she also thinks the Jr catcher ahead of her is a little better than she is and she's an upperclassmen so she's not planning on getting too much game time with varsity and thinks most will come with the jv.
    She's okay with that for this year though. She's just happy that she beat out the returning JV catchers and the other freshman catcher for the back up spot at this point. 

Her tournament team is U14, but the TVL team is U17 so she'll be doing Class A U14 tournaments on weekends and Class B U17 league games during the week over the summer.  We'd have a real hard time convincing her to drop from her U14 team, she's been with those girls since she was 10 years old, they are incredibly tight, so we'll let it play out for her and let her enjoy what will probably be her last summer with most of those girls.  That and I think her coach would literally hunt me down for taking away his starting catcher and #4 batter. LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Thanks Mag, yes, I was duly impressed, I was not expecting her to make varsity as a freshman in this sport.  BUT...she also thinks the Jr catcher ahead of her is a little better than she is and she's an upperclassmen so she's not planning on getting too much game time with varsity and thinks most will come with the jv. She's okay with that for this year though. She's just happy that she beat out the returning JV catchers and the other freshman catcher for the back up spot at this point.  Her tournament team is U14, but the TVL team is U17 so she'll be doing Class A U14 tournaments on weekends and Class B U17 league games during the week over the summer.  We'd have a real hard time convincing her to drop from her U14 team, she's been with those girls since she was 10 years old, they are incredibly tight, so we'll let it play out for her and let her enjoy what will probably be her last summer with most of those girls.  That and I think her coach would literally hunt me down for taking away his starting catcher and #4 batter. LOL
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule

There is nothing wrong with 14U Tournament Team...If the 17U is a Middle/essex team don't waste your time.  Play the tournament 14U this year next yr go to 16U and as a Junior go to 18U team that plays majority of showcases, not a gold team...exposure is more than important than championships...IMHO this sport offers many more oppertunities than Ice Hockey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Icing - they play in TVL, against the Hollistons, Milfords, Franklin, Bellingham, Ashland, etc. of the world, competition wise it's a pretty decent league in the A divisions.  Of course once you get below the top 5 or 6 teams it drops considerably, but I think you'll find that in any league that tries to keep its teams to within a certain geographical distance.  

If I were a betting woman, I'd bet that she'll be spending most, if not all of whatever her varsity playing time ends up being, and U17 summer ball, at 1st base this year and next, with a few stints for an inning or two behind the plate.  When she's a Jr she'll get her chance to earn the top spot behind the plate.  She's in the same boat the now Jr catcher was in as a freshman and I can't imagine it playing out any differently.  She'll get her time behind the plate with her tournament team so she'll be all set there in the meantime anyways. 

My personal opinion? She's a more complete ball player and much closer to that "elite" status as a first baseman than she is as a catcher. It's yet to be seen if the h.s. coaches agree and convert her completely, who knows maybe I'm wrong, but she's worked out more at 1st so far than she has behind the plate so I think I'm right. But what do I know? I'm just an old has been who hasn't played competitively in over 10 years as I'm so often reminded of. LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

p.s. does your daughter play for the Boston Batbusters or is that just a random picture you threw up there? Just curious.  My youngest played against their U10's last summer, they had some impressive pitching for 10/11 yr. olds.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

For those following our friends at USM, KD just a hit a line drive triple over the center fielders head in her 2nd college at bat.  1st at bat was a line drive to short. Getting play by play from Mom LOL GO USM!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

p.s. does your daughter play for the Boston Batbusters or is that just a random picture you threw up there? Just curious.  My youngest played against their U10's last summer, they had some impressive pitching for 10/11 yr. olds.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule

Yes, that is  her, we played for the BB showcase team, and spent last summer traveling around the northeast doing the things needed to have the people she wanted  see her. It worked because the school she liked saw her a few times, and that's were she's going.

College coaches never go to regular high school games, they do there work in the summer showcases, and touraments.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Good for her, that's awesome. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeon1985. Show zeon1985's posts

D1 should be wide open D2 look for Concord/Carlisle to take care of things D3 should be a Catholic battle between Austin Prep and St Marys..Do not count out North Reading.
    Posted by ddsahc

Why does St. Marys play way down in D3. They're good enough to play D1 in hockey and have many of the same kids playing softball yet are playing way down in D3. What's up with this.Of course them and Austin are favorites. They can bring in kids from all over the place while their playing all the small town teams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hitandrun. Show hitandrun's posts

division 1 contenders this year: chelmsford, gardner, acton-boxborough, king philip

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

division 1 contenders this year: chelmsford, gardner, acton-boxborough, king philip
    Posted by hitandrun

Do you have reasons why?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hitandrun. Show hitandrun's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Eastern Mass Softball : Do you have reasons why?
    Posted by Icing-2

good bats, defense and pitching.  well rounded teams

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

posts being deleted already and for what?! I don't get it...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hitandrun. Show hitandrun's posts

Have heard a rumor that Concord Carlisle is playing division 1 this year, any truth to this?

Sections
Shortcuts