2010 Eastern Mass Softball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Re: 2010 Eastern Mass Softball

In Response to Re: 2010 Eastern Mass Softball:
    Have heard a rumor that Concord Carlisle is playing division 1 this year, any truth to this?
    Posted by hitandrun

According to the MIAA website
    http://www.miaa.net/softball-10-13-alignment.pdf
    They are division 1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Actually there are some others that have moved as well...
    North Reading is now D2
    Central Catholic is now 1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruland. Show ruland's posts

Actually there are some others that have moved as well... North Reading is now D2 Central Catholic is now 1
    Posted by Icing-2

Heard the same. CC is in D1 this year. Not sure how that happens. Isn't based on the size of the student body?
    Anyways went to the scrimmages in Concord today. My thoughts:
    - Acton-Boxboro looks very strong. Deep pitching. 
    - Concord-Carlisle very strong as always. Junior pitcher (GM) looked virtually unhittable against Ashland. First baseman might be best in State. 
    - Ashland looked ordinary and young without D'Argento.
    - Danvers, well coached. Good all around team. No dominant player. 
    - Central Catholic is a hitting machine. Sophomore pitcher throws extremely hard. Could be team to beat. 
    Any other feedback?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Eastern Mass Softball : Why does St. Marys play way down in D3. They're good enough to play D1 in hockey and have many of the same kids playing softball yet are playing way down in D3. What's up with this.Of course them and Austin are favorites. They can bring in kids from all over the place while their playing all the small town teams.
    Posted by zeon1985

We already brought all the "kids from all over the place" for hockey. The school isn't big enough to bring the "kids from all over the place" for softball too. That's a lot of "kids from all over the place"

Oh nevermind... I going back over to the hockey forum and wait for next season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Eastern Mass Softball : Heard the same. CC is in D1 this year. Not sure how that happens. Isn't based on the size of the student body? Anyways went to the scrimmages in Concord today. My thoughts: - Acton-Boxboro looks very strong. Deep pitching.  - Concord-Carlisle very strong as always. Junior pitcher (GM) looked virtually unhittable against Ashland. First baseman might be best in State.  - Ashland looked ordinary and young without D'Argento. - Danvers, well coached. Good all around team. No dominant player.  - Central Catholic is a hitting machine. Sophomore pitcher throws extremely hard. Could be team to beat.  Any other feedback?
    Posted by ruland

Was in North Reading Saturday nd can offer this
    Tewksbury and Arlington Catholic looked to be ahead of the other teams that were there....Swampscott, Amesbury and North Reading were all about even and looks like Triton is going to have a total rebuilding year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubsc. Show bubsc's posts

Nine days and no comments!  What's going on?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Eastern Mass Softball : We already brought all the "kids from all over the place" for hockey. The school isn't big enough to bring the "kids from all over the place" for softball too. That's a lot of "kids from all over the place" Oh nevermind... I going back over to the hockey forum and wait for next season.
    Posted by ghockeyfan

I heard the school ran out of money, after the hockey team, the softball team got all the left-overs from the Catholic schools. Cool

I'm kidding.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AmazedCitizen. Show AmazedCitizen's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Eastern Mass Softball : Was in North Reading Saturday nd can offer this Tewksbury and Arlington Catholic looked to be ahead of the other teams that were there....Swampscott, Amesbury and North Reading were all about even and looks like Triton is going to have a total rebuilding year.
    Posted by Icing-2

Triton  5  Amesbury 1, what's up with that?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AmazedCitizen. Show AmazedCitizen's posts

North Reading is going to be tough this season.  Their pitcher is on the Globe's players to watch and leadoff hitter is unstopable.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Eastern Mass Softball : Was in North Reading Saturday nd can offer this Tewksbury and Arlington Catholic looked to be ahead of the other teams that were there....Swampscott, Amesbury and North Reading were all about even and looks like Triton is going to have a total rebuilding year.
    Posted by Icing-2

Well, the tournament is underway, still no posts. Maybe we can get something going now. Who looks good in D1, D2 and D3?

I know the North Division teams better than the South or Central so I will confine my predictions to the North:

D1 Finals: Concord Carlisle vs Central Catholic - CC wins it Tongue out
    D2 Finals: Arlington Catholic vs Stoneham - Stoneham wins a close game
    D3 Finals: St. Mary's vs Austin Prep - St. Mary's takes a close one.

Just my predictions, what are yours?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeon1985. Show zeon1985's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Eastern Mass Softball : Well, the tournament is underway, still no posts. Maybe we can get something going now. Who looks good in D1, D2 and D3? I know the North Division teams better than the South or Central so I will confine my predictions to the North: D1 Finals: Concord Carlisle vs Central Catholic - CC wins it D2 Finals: Arlington Catholic vs Stoneham - Stoneham wins a close game D3 Finals: St. Mary's vs Austin Prep - St. Mary's takes a close one. Just my predictions, what are yours?
    Posted by ghockeyfan

Never thought anyone would ever come back on here. CC has to win D1 seeing Concord Carlisle and Central Catholic are both CC's. Stoneham will roll in D2. St. Marys captures D3 due to lack of competition. They should have been moved up after last season....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AmazedCitizen. Show AmazedCitizen's posts

All your picks are right on.  You are right about St. Mary's moving up, they are having a cake walk this season.   Hockey plays in D1.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

It's been a long time between post, I forgot my password. Go St. Mary's, I'm cheering for you.

Wow SMH-AP-AC  all going to Lowell, maybe after the games we can go over to the ice rink and skate a few laps.Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

It's time for the MIAA to come up with a seeding system that related to a team's strength of schedule and not just by record. Examples.

Softball

#16 Georgetown defeating #1 O'Bryant 20-3
    #25 Weston defeating #8 Dorchester 25-0
    #22 Mt Alverina defeating #11 Monument 22-0
    #11 Blue Hills defeating #6 Maimonides 16-1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

It's time for the MIAA to come up with a seeding system that related to a team's strength of schedule and not just by record. Examples. Softball #16 Georgetown defeating #1 O'Bryant 20-3 #25 Weston defeating #8 Dorchester 25-0 #22 Mt Alverina defeating #11 Monument 22-0 #11 Blue Hills defeating #6 Maimonides 16-1
    Posted by AlexFilides

Great examples, but in the end the best teams seem to be there. Well in most cases.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Eastern Mass Softball : Great examples, but in the end the best teams seem to be there. Well in most cases.
    Posted by magellann

I agree. What would have changed if it was #1 Georgetown defeating #16 O'Bryant?
    The stronger team moved on. That said, I do think that the division alignment needs to be adjusted year to year. Not a small task, considering that player turnover could change a team entirely. SMH is losing 7 seniors this year, all of them starters. So how do you know if next years team should stay in D3 or try to move up?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

I think that there is little doubt that the CCL is the Best Girls hockey confrence I think we make a claim that it is also the best Softball Confrence
    T1st-SMH in the D3 North Finals
    3pl-AC in the Div 2 North Semi Finals
    4pl-AP in the Div 3 North Finals

The only other confrence is the DCL but it is split into 2 leaguers but they have both AB and CC in the Borth D1 finals

The middlesex league also has Stoneham in the D2 North Finals
    and
    Lexington in the D1 Finals

Also I agree that SMH and AP along with Shawsheen Tech should NOT be in D2. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

It's time for the MIAA to come up with a seeding system that related to a team's strength of schedule and not just by record. Examples. Softball #16 Georgetown defeating #1 O'Bryant 20-3 #25 Weston defeating #8 Dorchester 25-0 #22 Mt Alverina defeating #11 Monument 22-0 #11 Blue Hills defeating #6 Maimonides 16-1
    Posted by AlexFilides

They tried it in Girls Lacross and went over very well maybe it will become a part of the future!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeon1985. Show zeon1985's posts

I think that there is little doubt that the CCL is the Best Girls hockey confrence I think we make a claim that it is also the best Softball Confrence T1st-SMH in the D3 North Finals 3pl-AC in the Div 2 North Semi Finals 4pl-AP in the Div 3 North Finals The only other confrence is the DCL but it is split into 2 leaguers but they have both AB and CC in the Borth D1 finals The middlesex league also has Stoneham in the D2 North Finals and Lexington in the D1 Finals Also I agree that SMH and AP along with Shawsheen Tech should NOT be in D2. 
    Posted by Icing-2

I don't think because the CCL has 2 teams in the D3 finals that can be used as a claim to being one of the top conferences. St. Marys beat a 6 -12 team to get into the finals. How many conferences even put a team in D3? At minimum SMH and AP should be in D2 and the fact that there playing in a tourney well below there talent is ruining it for these below average teams. St. Marys won it last year and should have been moved up if there not going to do it on there own. Why does AC play up every year and SMH plays down.Tell me do you really think thats fair?/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

They play where the MIAA Puts them, is there a glitch in the system, YES.  I also think they shouls be in D2, but there are schools like Shawsheen, Greater Lowell and others that also should be playing in a higher division, but for now they are playing where they were put.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeon1985. Show zeon1985's posts

They play where the MIAA Puts them, is there a glitch in the system, YES.  I also think they shouls be in D2, but there are schools like Shawsheen, Greater Lowell and others that also should be playing in a higher division, but for now they are playing where they were put.
    Posted by Icing-2
    In 2 games Austin in tourney outscored Shawsheen and Greater Lowell by something like 25 to 5.Murdered all the teams by about a plus 50 runs. Add St. Marys 25-1 in there game and a half to get to the finals and i'd have to say the MIAA needs to step in and force these teams to move up for after 3 straight trips to the finals for both these teams its obvious there coaches and schools are not going to do the right thing and move up and give there kids a challenge. If there JV teams had played in this tournament both these teams still would have been playing each other in the finals. whats taking the MIAA soo long to fix this problem. Are they blind....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

If it helps, both SM and AP are graduting huge senior classes in softball, and many impact players in that mix.
    More Shawsheen, the last 3 years they have had a very high seeding and some how they have been beaten by AP twice and Sm once.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Summer tournament season finally over in this neck of the woods.   Hope you all had a great summer and for those with Sr.'s about to head off for their freshman years best wishes to you all and good luck.  The rest of you I'll see you around here, the hockey board and the rinks soon enough! 

Sections
Shortcuts