Bay State League teams in d1 south...
    Weymouth  7-1-4
    Natick  6-4-2
    Needham  5-6-2
    Braintree  5-3-4

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer

In Response to Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer:
    [QUOTE]Division 1 South: (Not all the teams, let me know more records if you know them) Nauset                                            9-1-1      19pts Greater New Bedford                   9-2-1      19pts New Bedford                                  8-1-2      18pts Franklin                                          5-2-4      14pts Durfee                                            6-3-1       13pts Brockton                                        6-1-1       13pts    ( Not Updated) BC High                                          4-1-5       13pts    (Not Updated) Falmouth                                       6-4-1       13pts King Phillip                                     5-1-3       13pts Attleboro                                       5-3-2       12pts North Attleboro                            4-4-3       11pts Barnstable                                    4-4-2       10pts Oliver Ames                                  3-4-4       10pts  Mansfield                                     3-4-3        9pts DR                                                  4-7-1        9pts Taunton                                        3-5-3        9pts Dennis Yarmouth                       4-6-0        8pts Dartmouth                                   3-6-1       7pts BR                                                 1-9-0        2pts Games on 10/14/10 King Phillip @ Mansfield Brockton @ BR Falmouth @ Plymouth South Dennis Yarmouth @ Plymouth North Dartmouth @ New Bedford Durfee @ Taunton
    Posted by RJC17[/QUOTE]

BC High is 5 -1 - 6
    Brockton is 8 - 1 - 2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

It's a shame about Burlington, they started off 3-0-0, but have fallen fast and out of the playoff picture. Too bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohreallly. Show ohreallly's posts

How about #4 Sandwich playing to a tie against Marshfield.  Final 4-4.  Nice win for New Bedford too. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RJC17. Show RJC17's posts

Nauset                                            10-1-1     21pts

Greater New Bedford                   9-2-1      19pts
    New Bedford                                  8-1-2      18pts
    Brockton                                        8-1-2       18pts
    Weymouth                                    7-1-4       18pts
    BC High                                          5-1-6       16pts
    Durfee                                            7-3-1        15pts
    Falmouth                                       7-4-1       15pts
    Franklin                                          5-2-4       14pts
    Natick                                             6-4-2       14pts
    Braintree                                       5-3-4       14pts    
    King Phillip                                     5-1-3       13pts
    Attleboro                                       5-3-2       12pts
    Needham                                      5-6-2        12pts
    North Attleboro                            4-4-3       11pts
    Barnstable                                    4-4-2       10pts
    Oliver Ames                                  3-4-4       10pts
     Mansfield                                     3-4-3        9pts
    DR                                                  4-7-1        9pts
    Taunton                                        3-6-3        9pts
    Dennis Yarmouth                       4-6-0        8pts
    Dartmouth                                   3-6-1       7pts
    BR                                                 1-9-0        2pts

Games on 10/14/10

King Phillip @ Mansfield????
    Brockton @ BR????
    Falmouth 2 Plymouth South  0
    Plymouth North 4 Dennis Yarmouth 2
    Dartmouth @ New Bedford????
    Durfee 5 Taunton  0
    Nauset 3  Bishop Stang 0

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RJC17. Show RJC17's posts

Nauset                                            10-1-1     21pts

New Bedford                                  9-1-2       20pts
    Greater New Bedford                   9-2-1      19pts
    Brockton                                        8-1-2       18pts
    Weymouth                                    7-1-4       18pts
    Silver Lake                                    7-2-4        18pts
    BC High                                          5-1-6       16pts
    Durfee                                            7-3-1        15pts
    Falmouth                                       7-4-1       15pts
    King Phillip                                     6-1-3       15pts
    Franklin                                          5-2-4       14pts
    Natick                                             6-4-2       14pts
    Braintree                                       5-3-4       14pts    
    Attleboro                                       5-3-2       12pts
    Needham                                      5-6-2        12pts
    North Attleboro                            4-4-3       11pts
    Barnstable                                    4-4-2       10pts
    Oliver Ames                                  3-4-4       10pts
    Mansfield                                     3-5-3        9pts
    DR                                                  4-7-1        9pts
    Taunton                                        3-6-3        9pts
    Dennis Yarmouth                       4-6-0        8pts
    Dartmouth                                   3-7-1       7pts
    BR                                                 1-10-0        2pts

Games on 10/14/10

King Phillip 1 Mansfield 0
    Brockton 2 BR 1
    Falmouth 2 Plymouth South  0
    Plymouth North 4 Dennis Yarmouth 2
    New Bedford 2 Dartmouth 1
    Durfee 5 Taunton  0
    Nauset 3  Bishop Stang 0
    Silver Lake 1 Duxbury 0

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Madison Park/East Boston

Madison Park play East Boston in Boys Soccer today at 330 at East Boston Stadium out near the airport -- this is for the # 1 seed in Div 1 North as after today neither one will lose again until they hit the city final -- there is controversey brewing because the match is going to be played on the old astro turf at the stadium and not the brand new field turf right next door -- what do people think about that?  game is on despite the rain -- rain will be light by 2 PM today...

thoughts?  discussion?  you are talking about 2 of the at worst 7 best teams in the state playing today... huge match

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUsoccer. Show RUsoccer's posts

Marshfield   6-5-1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aksjh. Show aksjh's posts

Everett 2 Somerville 1

Thoughts? What do GBL Standings look like, anyone know?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

There was a bit of confusion over the score on the first game, but New Bedford and Madision Park, actually played to a 0-0 tie, not the 1-0 victory the Globe posted for NB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcellosilva10. Show marcellosilva10's posts

Hey Alex I was just wondering, what high school did you graduate from?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slowbutquick. Show slowbutquick's posts

Medfield Westwood tie, I am a little shocked by that, any game reports

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmazaika. Show rmazaika's posts

[QUOTE]Medfield Westwood tie, I am a little shocked by that, any game reports
    Posted by slowbutquick[/QUOTE]

I'm good friends with a parent of one of the Medfield captains - his report. Medfield came out flat didn't get going until well in the first half. Most of the game was played in the Westwood end of the field. Westwood pretty much packed it in and played for the tie.

My comments - Westwood is close to making the tournament so picking up a point in this game was a great result for them - they are currently 6-5-3 overall. They have Norton, Hopkinton and Dover Sherborn left for their last 3 games - 3 of the 4 top teams in the TVL this year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

[QUOTE]Medfield Westwood tie, I am a little shocked by that, any game reports
    Posted by slowbutquick[/QUOTE]

No surprise at all - Westwood is a big athletic team which plays a very physical game. They're capable of beating anybody in the TVL on any given day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Alex I was just wondering, what high school did you graduate from?
    Posted by marcellosilva10[/QUOTE]

Malden my good man. I coached Everton M and Sam W way back in youth soccer when I was living in Mass.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I've never seen this before.

Westport 16 Tri County 0 reported on Tuesday 10/5 by the MIAA website.

Maybe the coach was angry with his team for lack of effort from their 9-0 victory the first time they played.Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Was watching a clip of the King Phillip vs. CM playoff game last season. CM scored from 25 yards out on a direct kick. The CM kicked caught the netminder off guard as he was doing his little jumps before the kick, nice shot into the top left hand corner. He was actually caught on his way down, otherwise, it's possible he may have been able to get a hand on it to knock it away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecu_dHZf-FQ&feature=related

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Who wins if these matchups occur?

Lexington vs. Lincoln-Sudbury
    Concord-Carlisle vs. Winchester
    Weston vs. Rockport or Hamilton-Wenham
    Weymouth vs. Brockton
    Sandwich vs. Canton
    Dover Sherborn vs. Card Spellman, Westport or Hanover

No reason D-S shouldn't take D-3S with ease this year, they need to make it happen. This is their year.

CS is not really close to the same team as last year, they actually had a good team in 2009. Westport, well in the Mayflower League, however fared okay last year and played Falmouth tough this year. Hanover, really depends which team shows up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohreallly. Show ohreallly's posts

Lexington
    Winchester
    Weston
    Weymouth
    Canton
    DS

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

[QUOTE]Who wins if these matchups occur? Lexington vs. Lincoln-Sudbury Concord-Carlisle vs. Winchester Weston vs. Rockport or Hamilton-Wenham Weymouth vs. Brockton Sandwich vs. Canton Dover Sherborn vs. Card Spellman, Westport or Hanover No reason D-S shouldn't take D-3S with ease this year, they need to make it happen. This is their year. CS is not really close to the same team as last year, they actually had a good team in 2009. Westport, well in the Mayflower League, however fared okay last year and played Falmouth tough this year. Hanover, really depends which team shows up.
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

LS, CC, Weston, Brockton,  Sandwich, DS, Westport

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Interesting, predictions were different between jason and ohreally.

Right now, I'm going with experience in the tourney and picking Lexington. However, if L-S is going to win the North, this will have to be the year.

Concord-Carlise has lost a couple of players, but think they will be fine. They take out Winchester.

Cape Ann League team over Weston. Weston has been really struggling in the second half of the season. Not sure which CAL team will make it, but it will be between Rockport, Hamilton-Wenham and Lynnfield being a darkhorse.

I think this is Weymouth's year, one loss so far this season. Only concern would be who would have the advantage on the penalty kicks? Do they have 5 strikers and a good enough goalie to hold off all the teams? They do have 7 ties this season.

There have been games where Canton has struggled to score. Sandwich has 35 goals in the last 6 games. Although it might not be an offensive matchup, I'm going with the better offensive team and picking Sandwich here.

Dover-Sherborn should win over Westport.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Other teams that have a chance to win the sectional.

Brookline-if they can get back to playing as they had earlier in the year, they have an outside shot.

St. John's Prep-it wouldn't entirely shock me to see them sneak up and take the north. There are years they are very solid in the tourney.

New Bedford-if only they can somehow avoid playing Brockton. Odds are long, team not as strong.

BC High-like Weymouth, need to find a way to get it done in OT or penalty kicks. If they lose, it most likely won't be in regulation.

Medfield-hard to say, league doesn't play outside their conference very often. The 1-0 loss to Canton is an indicator they will challenge.

Madison Park-if they show up like they did against New Bedford each and every game and avoid playing a DCL team, it's still a very long shot. However, we all know that probably won't happen, not to mention the City League championship will probably take a bit out of them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

[QUOTE]Other teams that have a chance to win the sectional. Brookline-if they can get back to playing as they had earlier in the year, they have an outside shot. St. John's Prep-it wouldn't entirely shock me to see them sneak up and take the north. There are years they are very solid in the tourney. New Bedford-if only they can somehow avoid playing Brockton. Odds are long, team not as strong. BC High-like Weymouth, need to find a way to get it done in OT or penalty kicks. If they lose, it most likely won't be in regulation. Medfield-hard to say, league doesn't play outside their conference very often. The 1-0 loss to Canton is an indicator they will challenge. Madison Park-if they show up like they did against New Bedford each and every game and avoid playing a DCL team, it's still a very long shot. However, we all know that probably won't happen, not to mention the City League championship will probably take a bit out of them.
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

Alex, would have to agree with you regarding the dark horses.  BC High could end up coming out of the South.  Not necessarily because they have the best team but because they have such tenacity and fight in those boys.  They have a good size keeper and if he gets hot, could be lights out for their opponents.  BC High plays Weymouth at home tomorrow night 6 pm.  Should be a good battle, I'll try to give my game analysis after.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Jason/Alex

your thoughts are solid as usual, I think -- watch out for BC High, all those ties means they are playing good teams tough and SJP Danvers is always a tough out -- they are consistently 2 of the best teams in D 1 -- Madison Park should be able to get the final in D 1 North, but you are right, schools like L-S, A-B are just so good and so consistent...

I don't think the city championship will take anything out of Madison Park, it is just that those damn DCL teams are so cohesive and so good...

what do people think about A-B, Lexington and Masconomet's chances in the tournament?

and agreed, Weymouth is always a tough out...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Re: Jason/Alex

In Response to Jason/Alex:
    [QUOTE]your thoughts are solid as usual, I think -- watch out for BC High, all those ties means they are playing good teams tough and SJP Danvers is always a tough out -- they are consistently 2 of the best teams in D 1 -- Madison Park should be able to get the final in D 1 North, but you are right, schools like L-S, A-B are just so good and so consistent... I don't think the city championship will take anything out of Madison Park, it is just that those damn DCL teams are so cohesive and so good... what do people think about A-B, Lexington and Masconomet's chances in the tournament? and agreed, Weymouth is always a tough out...
    Posted by soccerfan12[/QUOTE]

A-B's tournament history has been win the games their supposed to and fall to the Lexington's and Lincoln-Sudbury's. If they get the right draw they can win a couple of games  in the tournament, maybe even beat a SJP or Masco if they meet up. A-B needs to find a way to get it done defensively when they go up against the better teams, they allowed 6 goals to L-S in 2 games.

Masco's road will be tough, they didn't have that luxury of playing a good team on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but when they needed a win and played a Wilmington or N. Andover during the week, they could rise to the occaision. I think a necessary component is to be able to play good team's when tired. This is one luxury the BSL and DCL's have. However, too much of a good thing can wear down on you.

You have to look at the tournament history with the schools and the coaches, sometimes it will give you an indication of which coaches have the experience to get their team's to peak at the right time.

Sections
Shortcuts