2010 EMASS High School Soccer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Alex

I almost never disagree with you -- you are the Dali Lama of this stuff, but I would be very surprised to see a bunch of cards today at MP... both teams have a lot of class and solid coaching staffs -- George Scarpelli and Joao Gomes are two of the classiest guys in high school football...  should be a very entertaining matchup -- I encourage everyone in the area to stop by, 3:30 at the back field at Madison Park -- just Google Map it and the field is right on Ruggles Street near the Whittier Street Housing Projects...  Homero Morais for Somerville is good, but a finesse Brazilian player, I expect MP to get physical with him -- also #21 a small, but sneaky Brazilian gets up and down on the left flank -- S-ville has some good players in attack -- on paper, MP should win 1 or 2 nil, but should be a fascinating match... then off to Brighton/Medford at 530 on a rainy soaked beat up patch of dirt at Murray Field... anyone who wants to come, come find me, I'll have a hot chocolate waiting for you... ;-)  and Alex, I'll give you full updates after both matches...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer

In Response to Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately these things do happen a lot. The city kids are label by referees as trouble makers, that's not the reason why city teams don't win vs. suburban teams, but It does affect players in a way when they realize the referees are not being fair with them. I went to scout the AB vs Malden game and what I saw was the referees "yelling" at Malden players on every foul for no reason the entire game (telling them to control themselves).In the other hand when an AB player committed a foul to the same degree as the Malden foul, he would call the foul and walk away. In my opinion referees should be there to judge calls, not players because of what school they go to. I seriously feel bad for those kids.
    Posted by walthamsoccer[/QUOTE]
    I've seen the same thing.  I'm not exactlty sure why this takes place.  I think the referees may be trying to take preventitive measures in seeing that the inner city kid doesn't lose control, but there is definately a bias towards inner city kids.  The private school kid commits the same foul twice and gets called for it twice.  The inner city kid commits the same fouls, gets a yellow card and berated by the official.  I'm not saying its racial prejudice or even bias, even though it could be in some cases.  I think in many cases it may be an official trying to be proactive but the result is counterintuitive to what he or she is attempting to do.  The aggressiveness of some of the officials is also a concern, why is an official getting so emotional about officiating the game?  Just make the calls, leave the emotions at home.  You're not there to win or lose a game, if you want coaches and players to "just play the game" leave you're emotions at home and biases if you have them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walthamsoccer. Show walthamsoccer's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer : I've seen the same thing.  I'm not exactlty sure why this takes place.  I think the referees may be trying to take preventitive measures in seeing that the inner city kid doesn't lose control, but there is definately a bias towards inner city kids.  The private school kid commits the same foul twice and gets called for it twice.  The inner city kid commits the same fouls, gets a yellow card and berated by the official.  I'm not saying its racial prejudice or even bias, even though it could be in some cases.  I think in many cases it may be an official trying to be proactive but the result is counterintuitive to what he or she is attempting to do.  The aggressiveness of some of the officials is also a concern, why is an official getting so emotional about officiating the game?  Just make the calls, leave the emotions at home.  You're not there to win or lose a game, if you want coaches and players to "just play the game" leave you're emotions at home and biases if you have them.
    Posted by jason12343[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, leave your emotions at home. I do understand that some schools are harder to handle the players, but because of one school you can't just every city school as the same. The reason why I think those things happen is the fact that every league has their own referees, so during the state tournament games a referee get a game between city school vs rich school
    and he referees in a private school league he doesn't have the experience to handle that certain, and that's the things that should never happen a referee is not there to judge people

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvsoccermom. Show luvsoccermom's posts

No Game - BC High v King Philip PP till tomorrow -

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goalazzo. Show Goalazzo's posts

LS Beat Andover 3-2 in OT. LS was up 1-0 off a #23 free kick. Andover tied it on proabably the best free kick I have seen in high school soccer, #13 crushed it from outside the box. It was still on a line and rising when it hit the back of the net. Andover went up 2-1, then LS tied it with 12 seconds to play in regulation on #23's second goal. LS dominated OT, but Andover had it's moments. LS scored with a minute or two remaining in OT for the win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

Sounds like one heck of a game.  Brookline vs L-S should be another good one Wed.

Sections
Shortcuts