2010 EMASS High School Soccer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopah9. Show poopah9's posts

Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer

Framingham 0 Weymouth 0
    Walpole 2 Natick 0
    Brookline 2 Needham 0

Some crazy scores out of the BSC.  Framingham and Weymouth both 0-1-1 after 2 games.  Thought this was supposed to be Weymouths year.  Anyone know of injuries or anything? Surprising to see.  Walpole must be pretty good after 2-0 result against Natick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohreallly. Show ohreallly's posts

Weymouth has a very good team with a lot of returning starters.  Of course everyone knows about lynch, but they got a bunch of really talented players.  Canton will also be strong again and from what I am hearing Hingham will be winning a lot of games. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer:
    In Response to Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer : CC beat Wellesly 3-0. It was a dominate victory. CC had about 85% of the possession.
    Posted by doublea399

Concord-Carlisle over Wellesley 3-0? Not too surprising really. CC had a lot returning from their D-2 state championship run. Was this regular or preseason?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Re: Madison Park

In Response to Madison Park:
    very very impressive early season result as Madison Park goes to New Bedford and gains 1-1 draw...  what do people think?  results for the Boston City League continue to impress and improve... Madison lost 4-2 at NB in 08, and 2-1 in 09 and this year nil nil, next year could Madison beat NB at their house??? what do people think -- it instantly vaults Madison Park into top 5 ranking, right?
    Posted by soccerfan12

Madison played New Bedford twice in "08" and tied them 1-1 in the other game. It's a bit early to say, could just be a case of Madison being on their game and New Bedford not playing well. I would be interested to see if East Boston has any tough nonconference opponents on their schedule this season and how they end up faring against Madison Park. In my opinion, EB has been hurt too many times scheduling a weak nonconference schedule, while they will get the #1 seed, it's often at the expense of playing a .500 team from the DCL.

Madison hasn't been a top 5 team since maybe '99", they had an amazing team with Hermann Suoto, Nuno Fernandes and Christian Bodden leading the way. An amazing offensive talent, but the defense and goaltending was very subpar. They ran into a very loaded Newton North team in the tournament with Pfeiffer.

The way Madison gets into the Top 5 is if:

*they have more tough nonconference opponents scheduled.
    *run the slate clean in the BCL.

Nothing in their tournament history that would suggest they are a Top 5 team. Honestly, I'm not even sure they are the best team in their division, though we're in agreement the BCL has gotten better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

somerville 7 marblehead 0

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmazaika. Show rmazaika's posts

Holliston also with an impressive 3-0 win against Weston. Weston was supposed to be pretty good this season as well. 
    Posted by AlexFilides

Holliston beat WESTWOOD - not Weston. Correct score though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer : Holliston beat WESTWOOD - not Weston. Correct score though.
    Posted by rmazaika

I'll have to reconsider that ranking for Hollison now.....ugh. Hopefully the MIAA will put up the schedule soon, so I can verify the team's that are playing.

What a beat down on Marblehead, 7-0 by Somerville.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Wow, really Medford? Losing 5-1 to Danvers? Is Danvers really that good this year? Nobody ever seems to mention them. Finally a good NEC team since the Gloucester days.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HSsoccermaster. Show HSsoccermaster's posts

wow the GBL is looking really crapy this year. Medford losing 5-1 to Danvers? and MOST SURPRISINGLY SOMERVILLE LOST 7-0 to MARBLEHEAD? and Cambridge losing 2-1 to Burke? these teams are not looking as good as they've looked in the past. Although it's the start of the season it doesn't mean they should go out and lose 7-0, that's unacceptable. Somerville is definitely looking like a big BUST this year. It might be Cambridge or Everett's year to take the GBL home. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I thought Somerville defeated Marblehead 7-0?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HSsoccermaster. Show HSsoccermaster's posts

I thought Somerville defeated Marblehead 7-0?
    Posted by AlexFilides

I did too but on highschoolsports.net and on boston globe it says somerville lost 7-0

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

the somerville game must be a misprint because i personally spoke to george and he told me they won 7-0.

as for medford i think it was a case of not being ready to play, on tuesday the first half of the game was played and medford was winning 2-0 and then the lightning started and the game got suspended. the next day the whole game was re-played and medford was not ready and allowed 4 goals from either long throws or corners. I think it was just a fluke game and a case of thinking your going to walk all over your opponent 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Pentucket looking pretty good out of the gate.

Masconomet 2 Danvers 1

Falmouth losing toe Dennis-Yarmouth.

Acton-Boxboro might be the real deal this year. 3 of the best 10 teams in EMass might reside in the DCL, with CC and LS being the other two.

In the Atlantic Coast, it looks like Sandwich, Nauset and Marshfield in that order.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from doublea399. Show doublea399's posts

Pentucket looking pretty good out of the gate. Masconomet 2 Danvers 1 Falmouth losing toe Dennis-Yarmouth. Acton-Boxboro might be the real deal this year. 3 of the best 10 teams in EMass might reside in the DCL, with CC and LS being the other two. In the Atlantic Coast, it looks like Sandwich, Nauset and Marshfield in that order.
    Posted by AlexFilides

Look for Weston to be in the top tier of the state. They play in the DCL which makes them over shadowed by CC, LS, AB, but these past few years you can't ignore their play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HSsoccermaster. Show HSsoccermaster's posts

Cambridge 5 everett 1. it was a blowout 4-0 by the half.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Check out Walpole, wins over Braintree, Natick, Newton North and now Wellesley this afternoon.They're 4-0.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopah9. Show poopah9's posts

Walpole 1 Wellesley 0
    Weymouth 2 Newton North 2
    Brookline 0 Braintree 0

No weak teams in the Carey dvision this year.  Walpole, Natick, and Welleseley all strong out of the Herget as well.  Very stacked league this year.  No easy games with exception of Milton, Norwood, and Dedham.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RJC17. Show RJC17's posts

Attleboro 4 Franklin 1.      Attleboro improves to 1-1-1   3pts

Greater New Bedford 3  Old Rochester 0.   GNB improves to 5-0  10pts

Dartmouth 2  Somerset 0.   Dartmouth improves to 1-2    2pts

Canton 3 Oliver Ames 0.   Canton improves to 2-0 and OA drops to 1-1.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 11100423. Show 11100423's posts

How is Concord Carlisle not in your top four for the DCL they tied AB and beat Westford 3-0 all with out there best forward. Now with the lead forward back they have a very good chance at beating LS. With three games played the defending division 2 state champs have scored 6 and given up no goals they have a great shot at winning the DCL this year.

GBL Predictions                                      BSL Brookline Somerville                                                   Framingham Cambridge                                                  Weymouth Medford                                                     Needham Malden Everett no Debona means last place                Catholic Conference                                                                  St Johns prep                                                                   BC High Middlesex league                                            CM Lexington                                                      MC Winchester                                                   Xaverian Reading                                    Northeastern Peabody Danvers Salem Dual county Lincoln Sudbury Westford Acton Boxboro and ALEX the two kids from lynn classical are the castros miguel and salvadore and i believe miguel castro graduated and sal is a senior
    Posted by mrsports13

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from burgundy854. Show burgundy854's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer : Look for Weston to be in the top tier of the state. They play in the DCL which makes them over shadowed by CC, LS, AB, but these past few years you can't ignore their play.
    Posted by doublea399

Weston did not look strong against Wayland. Wayland has a strong striking force that has already scored many goals it seems. Led by Mcgrail Pascual-leone and D'Amico. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

medford 4 malden 0
    somerville 1 cambridge 1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HSsoccermaster. Show HSsoccermaster's posts

medford 4 malden 0 somerville 1 cambridge 1
    Posted by hssoccer10

Did you see the games if so how did cambridge and somerville look, also how did medford look. 
    Does cambridge look like a good contender for the GBL this year?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

i saw the medford game, they dominated throughout and missed several chances in the first half. they played a good game. I talked to someone that saw the somerville vs cambridge game. they said somerville had far more chances but cambridge hung around and thats all that mattered. I see no reason as to why cambridge cant challenge medford and somerville for the GBL. As of right now from the scores i know the GBL looks like this: 

Medford 4 pts
    Somerville 3 pts
    Cambridge 3 pts
    Everett 2 pts 
    Malden 0 pts 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GatesGotSteez. Show GatesGotSteez's posts

brookline 2 walpole 0

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfollower56. Show soccerfollower56's posts

Personally, I'm not convinced by any of the GBL teams this year. By the looks of it all of them have played sub-par teams to get the wins that they have. Malden is looking weak this year and the 4-0 win by Medford doesn't surprise nor impress me. Somerville looks like it has taken a steep decline from last year's success, having lost a couple of key players. Medford's poor season last year means that they should probably improve this year, but I doubt they will make any significant noise. I hope to catch some GBL games to maybe prove me wrong, but having seen different leagues play, I think the entire GBL is out for this season.

Sections
Shortcuts