Boys' Basketball 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Re: Boys' Basketball 2010-2011

Just mentioning some teams that aren't in the Top 20 that may make some noise this season.

Charlestown 4-0
    Brighton 2-0
    Bp. Feehan 4-0
    Attleboro 3-0
    Lawrence 2-1
    Watertown 4-0
    Medway 3-0

Any opinions on any of these teams? Probably not much of a surpise Charlestown is in the mix? Where is the great John O'Brien nowadays?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Brighton is off to a good start 3-0, but have played nobody -- we will learn a lot more when they play Fitchburg in Brockton Rotary Tourney tomorrow night at 6 at Staff Gym... also when they play Mission and Westie, more will be revealed -- I will post those games on here -- CTown is good, and Jack O'Brien is gone, unfortunately, Alex -- his CTown teams were the most exciting and fun clubs to watch in the last 10-15 years of HS Hoop in this area... CTown has a lot of talent:
    Akosa M, Omar Orriols, CJ Dowdell, Tyrik Jackson and Rony Fernandes and they are well coached by 3rd year man Edson Cardoso *former Eastern Nazarene and Lexington Christian Star... Lawrence with Jaylen Alicea and Jesse Hiraldo should be strong as should Watertown with the gifted Marco Coppolla... Medway I think is playing in the Franklin Tournament or is that Medfield?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

also folks:
    the good boys high school basketball discussions are found on :

google: "emass boys hoop" and a great chat board comes up -- Alex: I put this response on there too...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In Response to Re: Boys' Basketball 2010-2011:
    Brighton is off to a good start 3-0, but have played nobody -- we will learn a lot more when they play Fitchburg in Brockton Rotary Tourney tomorrow night at 6 at Staff Gym... also when they play Mission and Westie, more will be revealed -- I will post those games on here -- CTown is good, and Jack O'Brien is gone, unfortunately, Alex -- his CTown teams were the most exciting and fun clubs to watch in the last 10-15 years of HS Hoop in this area... CTown has a lot of talent: Akosa M, Omar Orriols, CJ Dowdell, Tyrik Jackson and Rony Fernandes and they are well coached by 3rd year man Edson Cardoso *former Eastern Nazarene and Lexington Christian Star... Lawrence with Jaylen Alicea and Jesse Hiraldo should be strong as should Watertown with the gifted Marco Coppolla... Medway I think is playing in the Franklin Tournament or is that Medfield?
    Posted by soccerfan12

I remember way back when the Boston City League teams had 7 in the Globe Top 20 by the end of the year. This was a good 10+ seasons ago. Latin Academy was #1 and think they fell in the quarters of the Boston City Championship. Charlestown was just beginning their dynasty, South Boston was still on top, Bill Loughnane(somethink like that) leading his troops. West Roxbury, Burke and who could forget Boston English's uptempo offensive teams. The seventh team may have been E. Boston, but not sure.

So far in the north, Charlestown, East Boston, South Boston, Madison Park, Latin Academy, Snowden and Fenway in that order. In the south, New Mission, Brighton, West Roxbury, either of these 3 could win the south, with the advantage going to NM. Then Boston English, Dorchester, Burke, O'Bryant and Hyde Park.

*Edited to add, just found out Loughnanae is at BC High.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In Response to Re: Boys' Basketball 2010-2011:
    also folks: the good boys high school basketball discussions are found on : google: "emass boys hoop" and a great chat board comes up -- Alex: I put this response on there too...
    Posted by soccerfan12

Think I found it, thanks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I'm hearing some rumor Catholic Memorial is playing 3rd ranked St. Anthony's of New Jersey. Would've like to see SAoNJ play St. John's Prep.

St. Anthony's wins by destruction. CM lost to L-S by 16 already, no way this game is close.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctown4life. Show ctown4life's posts

Just track the AAU teams and who coaches and who they know and you'll start to understand the unethical nature of HS basketball in Mass

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaRocket. Show DaRocket's posts

I stand corrected.

Andover 55  Central Catholic 52

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Brighton defeating Fitchburg and Brockton on consecutive days, so far they look like the real deal.  Wonder how they will match up against Charlestown and New Mission?

Medway losing to Charlestown by 14 doesn't seem all that bad for a school with an enrollment on par with a D-3 school. Medway could be dangerous in the tourney.

Anyone have a chance to see the CM/St. Anthony's game? St. Anthony's is coached by Bob Hurley Sr., father of former Duke standout Bobby Hurley. If you get the chance, read Miracle at St. Anthony's, it's quite a book.

New Bedford gave SJP a good run, but fell just short. The Big 3 battle between Brockton and NB should be interesting.

I'm liking a lot of these nonleague matchups early on, it's distinguishing which conferences are the strongest.

Right now, Acton-Boxboro and Westford are the teams to beat in the DCL.

Sections
Shortcuts