Division 2 State Finals Melrose VS Longmeadow (Volleyball)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocky_ronaldo. Show rocky_ronaldo's posts

Division 2 State Finals Melrose VS Longmeadow (Volleyball)

This was a great game today. A rematch of a game a little over a year ago in the State Semifinals, Melrose and Longmeadow went at it again. Melrose got on top early with a win in game 1 (I think it was 25-17). It looked like Melrose dominated, but Longmeadow got off to a 6-0 lead in game 2. Melrose started to chip away at them and they eventually tied the game at 24s. But Longmeadow was able to pick up the next two points to hold off Melrose as they went on to win 26-24 in a thriller. Game 3 was as expected. A back and forth game where no team could go on a run. In the end though, Melrose's defense and serving was the difference in game 3 as they went on to win, I believe it was 25-21, but I'm not 100% sure. It was close though. Game 4 was very interesting. Melrose jumped off to a huge lead and never looked back and won the title! I believe the score was 25-9, but it was a blowout.

For Melrose to come back from a loss last year at Algonquin Regional was amazing to watch. Being on the end of a 3-1 defeat last year, Melrose ended on the same side of the court this year receiving their finalist medals. Not this year! From 2005 to 2012 (this season), Melrose has been in 3 State Championships (2005, 2011, 2012). In 2005, they lost to Medfield 3-2 in '05 and lost to Marlboro 3-1 last year. Melrose showed that they deserved to be there and showed that they could win in big games in their 3-1 win today over Longmeadow.

Don't take Longmeadow out of the picture though... They were highly underrated after being in the State Semifinals the last 6 seasons. Losing their first 5 semifinal matches, they finally overcame Fairhaven in a 3-2 thriller in this years state to win their first semifinals. Their outside attacking was amazing along with their back row, but they were just overpowered today by a mix-it-up Melrose attack. Overall, Longmeadow was a very good team. No question about it.

Rocky Ronaldo

P.S. How is/did Barnstable and Newton North do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Division 2 State Finals Melrose VS Longmeadow (Volleyball)

Barnstable, naturally, won  3-1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocky_ronaldo. Show rocky_ronaldo's posts

Re: Division 2 State Finals Melrose VS Longmeadow (Volleyball)

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Barnstable, naturally, won  3-1

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I figured. Thanks for the score.