EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25) AND TOURNEY SOCCER CONVO.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25) AND TOURNEY SOCCER CONVO.

1. Lincoln-Sudbury
    2. Lexington
    3. Concord-Carlisle
    4. Brockton
    5. Brookline
    6. East Boston
    7. New Bedford
    8. Framingham
    9. St. John's Prep
    10. Attleboro
    11. Masconomet
    12. Weymouth
    13. Needham
    14. Canton
    15. Sandwich
    16. Somerville
    17. Westford
    18. Nauset
    19. BC High
    20. Acton-Boxboro
    21. Madison Park
    22. Medford
    23. North Andover
    24. Weston
    25. Falmouth

Others receiving votes: Wellesley, Hanover, Hingham, Woburn, Wayland

League Rankings
    1. Dual County League
    2. Bay State League
    3. Catholic Conference
    4. Middlesex League
    5. Hockomock League
    6. Atlantic Coast Conference
    7. Greater Boston League
    8. Patriot League
    9. Cape Ann League
    10. Old Colony League

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25)

the only thing i disagree with is i think somerville should be higher, they made the north semi finals, lost to LS in ot, and they are returning 8 of 11 starters. They also have arguably one of the best players in the state, Homero Morais, who plays for the U19 revs. If they can rattle off a few wins to gain some confidence in the beginning of the year, with great coaching look for them to make a deep playoff run

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25):
    [QUOTE]the only thing i disagree with is i think somerville should be higher, they made the north semi finals, lost to LS in ot, and they are returning 8 of 11 starters. They also have arguably one of the best players in the state, Homero Morais, who plays for the U19 revs. If they can rattle off a few wins to gain some confidence in the beginning of the year, with great coaching look for them to make a deep playoff run
    Posted by hssoccer10[/QUOTE]

Also keep in mind the last 2 games in the tournament, they allowed 5 goals against Westford and Lincoln-Sudbury. Basically the defense and goaltending this season are the only thing standing in the way of a D-1 state championship. They will need to somehow mask that weakness or it could be an early exit. A smart coach will try to exploit that. The GBL really hasn't had a top 10 team over the past 6-8 seasons, since Medford's run.

I'm not sure who the better player is between DeNormandie or L-S or Homero Morias, however with the talent and depth of L-S DeNormandie becomes a much more effective player where if you double and triple team Morias you may be able to shut the offense down. One player alone will be hard pressed to break through a very strong defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emasssoccer2010. Show emasssoccer2010's posts

Don't see how Woburn can be in the "received a vote" category and Winchester not in there and not even in the top 25... They tied L-S 3-3 in a scrimmage and beat Billerica, Wilmington and Austin Prep

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]Don't see how Woburn can be in the "received a vote" category and Winchester not in there and not even in the top 25... They tied L-S 3-3 in a scrimmage and beat Billerica, Wilmington and Austin Prep
    Posted by emasssoccer2010[/QUOTE]

My bad, I was changing some teams around and forgot to readd them, I was trying to find a spot for Attleboro and they accidentally got left out of the mix. Thanks for the note.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emasssoccer2010. Show emasssoccer2010's posts

so woburn? 0-2 at the moment... lost to belmont today

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Week 2

1. Lincoln-Sudbury
    2. Lexington
    3. Concord-Carlisle
    4. Brookline
    5. Brockton
    6. New Bedford
    7. East Boston
    8. St. John's Prep
    9. Attleboro
    10. Winchester
    11. Wellesley
    12. Masconomet
    13. Canton
    14. Sandwich
    15. Needham
    16. Weymouth
    17. Medford
    18. Holliston
    19. Westford
    20. Somerville
    21. Nauset
    22. BC High
    23. Madison Park
    24. Acton-Boxboro
    25. North Andover

Others: Hingham, Hanover, Silver Lake, Falmouth, Wayland, Everett, Danvers.

*Only taking scores from Boston.com, MIAA and occasionally local newpapers for ranking purposes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Alex
    how could Madison Park drop after drawing the # 6 team?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]Alex how could Madison Park drop after drawing the # 6 team?
    Posted by soccerfan12[/QUOTE]

Sorry, the score was never reported and couldn't find it anywhere. As mentioned the criteria for being ranked is getting the official score, which never happened. Even if I took into consideration, they would only move up a couple of spots. Tying the #6 team doesn't give you leverage over every other team that is between 6-23.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

The #1 team went down to Weston this afternoon, 1-0. Acton-Boxboro tied Concord-Carlisle as well. I'm not sure any league comes close to the DCL this season, they are loaded.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GatesGotSteez. Show GatesGotSteez's posts

a bit questionable that weymouth makes the list with a record of 0-1-1 with no goals scored

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohreallly. Show ohreallly's posts

Nauset beat Falmouth today 3-1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]a bit questionable that weymouth makes the list with a record of 0-1-1 with no goals scored
    Posted by GatesGotSteez[/QUOTE]

I suppose so, it's still early, but Weymouth has traditionally been in the 8-16 ranking range over the past several years, so it would be hard for me to drop them too far down for just one loss. Prestige plays a bit of a part in the rankings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from emasssoccer2010. Show emasssoccer2010's posts

Winchester @ Lexington: 2-2 tie

Winchester's Ryan Connolly scored first about 10 minutes in. A free kick from half was floated in the box, headed to the 18 by Tom Ballenthin (Lexington) where it fell to Connolly's feet. A couple of touches later it was into the back of the net.

Lexington responded with two breakaway goals within 5 minutes of each other about 10 minutes after the Winchester goal. In both cases Winchesters' offsides trap was beaten badly, and the forward had about 15 yards of room to run in on the net. Winchester played a very high trap.

With about 15 minutes to go in the first half, Connolly scored again with a shot from 18. The rest of the game was back and forth, with both teams having several scoring opportunities.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Thanks! Great report EMS2000! Do you normally scout the Middlesex League games? I certainly look forward to hearing more reports in the future, I know the Globe can't cover all the games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from emasssoccer2010. Show emasssoccer2010's posts

I usually try and cover 2-3 games each week. The league is looking very interesting early on. Surpringinsly BURLINGTON is sitting in first place at 3-0, and have yet to conceive a goal (although they haven't exactly been tested - Melrose has been there toughest opponent). They don't play Winchester and Lexington until the last 2 games of the first half of the season. Belmont is sitting in 4th at 2-1, and they play Winchester today - a good test to see if they're an actual contender or not. Melrose seems strong as well, but don't have too much depth.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Something in the back of my mind based on last season's results said Burlington is going to be dangerous this season. In fact, I may have mentioned they could contend for third place this season. Still don't think they beat out Lexington and Winchester. Melrose is actually supposed to be pretty good, as long as they stay healthy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Don't forget Burlington tied Lexington and Reading last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from emasssoccer2010. Show emasssoccer2010's posts

True, Burlington also tied Winchester at Winchester last year. Their defense is definetly going to be formidable, especially on their home field (very small). They've only managed to score 3 goals in those 3 games though. Woburn and Reading are also sitting at 0-3, which is surprising because although both lost a lot of talented seniors they still were supposed to have some good young players.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Rankings coming up.

I thought Boston.com actually did a good job for once with the Top 20 rankings, though probably wouldn't have CM and Cardinal Spellman in there, but under the circumstance with their success from last season, can't really fault them too much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Alex's Top 25 Rankings Week of 9/26/10

1. Lexington              3-0-1
    2. Concord-Carlisle     4-0-1
    3. Brockton               4-0-1
    4. Brookline               5-0-1
    5. New Bedford          3-0-0
    6. Winchester            3-0-1
    7. Masconomet          4-0-1
    8. Sandwich              6-0-1
    9. Lincoln-Sudbury      2-2-0
    10. Canton                5-0-0
    11. East Boston         3-0-0
    12. Weymouth           4-1-2
    13. Nauset                5-0-1
    14. Madison Park        3-0-0
    15. St. John's Prep     3-1-2
    16. Acton-Boxboro     3-0-2
    17. Wayland              4-0-1
    18. Attleboro             3-1-1
    19. Walpole               5-1-0
    20. Natick                 5-1-0
    21. Pentucket            6-0-0
    22. Weston               4-1-0
    23. Hingham              3-0-3
    24. Braintree             3-1-3
    25. King Philip            2-1-0

Others to watch: Hanover(4-0-1), N. Andover(4-1-1), Hamilton-Wenham(3-0-2), Peabody(4-0-0), Chelmsford(4-0-1), Danvers(3-2-0), Hopkinton(5-1-0), Medfield(5-2-0)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

your 11th ranked team lost to Malden 1-0, the worst team in the GBL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

Not bad, but I think you underestimate the Tri-Valley league...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from riksed. Show riksed's posts

In Response to EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25):
    [QUOTE]1. Lincoln-Sudbury 2. Lexington 3. Concord-Carlisle 4. Brockton 5. Brookline 6. East Boston 7. New Bedford 8. Framingham 9. St. John's Prep 10. Attleboro 11. Masconomet 12. Weymouth 13. Needham 14. Canton 15. Sandwich 16. Somerville 17. Westford 18. Nauset 19. BC High 20. Acton-Boxboro 21. Madison Park 22. Medford 23. North Andover 24. Weston 25. Falmouth Others receiving votes: Wellesley, Hanover, Hingham, Woburn, Wayland League Rankings 1. Dual County League 2. Bay State League 3. Catholic Conference 4. Middlesex League 5. Hockomock League 6. Atlantic Coast Conference 7. Greater Boston League 8. Patriot League 9. Cape Ann League 10. Old Colony League
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from riksed. Show riksed's posts

Nice to see you added Pentucket. Now 7-0-0. Their record before tonight wasn't good enough to warrent even an "others to watch"? Now 2 goals against, for 7 games, they are in 21st? WOW! Those top 20 teams must be something!

Sections
Shortcuts