EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25) AND TOURNEY SOCCER CONVO.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25)

In Response to Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25):
    Norwell may have a good record, but come playoff time they will fold in the first round just like last year when Medfield blew them out 5-0.  Wow Sandwich is the real deal with a big win.  They should go far in D2. 
    Posted by ohreallly

Might be between them and Canton for the south right now. Even if Sandwich gets by Canton, I think they run into trouble assuming they play Con-Carl. I'm guessing Nauset just doesn't matchup well against Sandwich. Fortunately for Nauset they are in D-1 .....or is it unfortunately they are in D-1?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Re: Div 1 North

In Response to Div 1 North:
    what does the seeding for Div 1 North look like? 1. Madison Park 12-0-1 (excluded 2 new bedford matches and somerville) 2. Lexington 3. St. John's Prep who else?
    Posted by soccerfan12

My predictions as of a week ago, a couple of games have not gone as predicted, but this might give you an idea for now.

1. Madison Park       16-1-1      .917
    2. Masconomet        16-1-1      .917
    3. Lexington            14-0-4      .889
    4. Peabody              13-2-1     .844
    5. Lynn English        13-2-1      .844
    6. Lincoln-Sudbury   12-2-2      .813
    7. East Boston        13-2-3      .806
    8. Chelmsford          15-3-2     .800
    9. Chelsea               9-2-2      .769
    10. Acton-Boxboro   11-2-4      .765
    11. St. John's Prep   11-2-5      .750
    12. Medford            12-2-6      .750
    13. Brookline           11-3-4      .722
    14. Revere              11-4-3      .694
    15. Somerville          11-5-2      .667
    16. Cambridge           9-4-5      .639
    17. Brighton              9-6-0      .600
    18. Hyde Park           9-6-1      .594
    19. Newton N.           7-5-6      .556
    20. Westford             8-7-1      .531
    21. Woburn               9-8-1      .528
    22. Lowell                 7-7-2      .500
    23. Everett               7-7-2      .500

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

You have 11 and 12 seeded teams with a .750 winning percentage. It's going to be almost impossible to predict where they'll fall until maybe the last game or two before the end of the regular season.

The MIAA reported Madison Park 1 New Bedford 1 on the site. As of a few days ago, it's been changed to NB 1 MP 0. Therefore, the records have been changed as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Braintree currently at 6-6-5.

Potential loss against Weymouth. Wonder if they are reconsidering that matchup with CM to close out the season right now?

If Braintree can get 2 points, it's very likely all 6 Carey teams get in to the playoffs. Needham at .500 has a very favorable schedule to close out the season.

6 teams in the CAL have only combined for 12 total losses, Masco, HW, N. Andover, Wilmington, Rockport and Pentucket.

Cardinal Spellman last 6 games

defeated ABP Williams 3-2.
    defeated Nantucket 4-3.
    defeated Austin Prep 4-2.
    lost to Bp. Fenwick 3-2.
    defeated Coyle and Cassidy 2-1.
    defeated Bp. Stang. 1-0.

How many of those games are losses in the BSL or DCL?

I think SJP is slowly sneaking their way into the discussion to contend for D-1 N.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Checking into the bubble teams.....or at least the teams people care about.

Falmouth 8-7-1  Sandwich, @Westport
    Needham 7-7-2 @Newton North, Dedham, Bridgewater-Rayn
    Braintree 6-6-5 Weymouth, CM
    South Boston 6-5-0......oops forgot see above.
    Georgetown 6-6-2 Wilmington, @Ipswich
    N. Reading...inconsistent records between sites, not available.
    Malden Cath 5-7-2 Cambridge, @Chelmsford, @Bp. Fenwick
    Westford 7-6-3 @Newton S., Waltham
    Arlington 6-8-2 @Bedford, Weston
    Everett 5-5-1 @Haverhill, @Hingham, Chelmsford
    Somerville already punched ticket in.
    N. Attleboro 6-5-5 @Stoughton, unannounced game vs ?
    Billerica 7-7-3 @Medford, Wilmington, @Methuen
    Haverhill 6-6-2 Everett, @Gloucester
    Andover 7-6-3 Malden, Danvers
    Tewksbury 4-3-8(nice record) @Metheun, @Wilmington, Bedford
    Lowell? No clue. Around .500
    Burlington 7-7-3 Winchester, Lexington
    Stoneham and Melrose, probably both on bubble.

got to Middlesex League, will try to do rest tomorrow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Also of note, Durfee is about 9-6-1.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

Also of note, Durfee is about 9-6-1.
    Posted by AlexFilides

The Madison Park NB game was changed by the MIAA from a tie to a loss for MP because they accumulated 5 yellow cards and therefore forfeit the match.  I wonder if MP are in card trouble, 5 in one game is quite a bit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SPORTSRGOOD. Show SPORTSRGOOD's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25) : Might be between them and Canton for the south right now. Even if Sandwich gets by Canton, I think they run into trouble assuming they play Con-Carl. I'm guessing Nauset just doesn't matchup well against Sandwich. Fortunately for Nauset they are in D-1 .....or is it unfortunately they are in D-1?
    Posted by AlexFilides

Nauset is a fine program, well coached with many good players including the leading scorer in the league.  Unlike their past teams though, this one does not have nearly enough speed and Sandwich ran them off the field yesterday.  Their goalie is a Freshman and he is not up to par with their past ones who were outstanding. Maybe he will be in the future as he gets more experience.

Nauset plays Harwich and Bishop Stang for non-league games.  Both D3?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Masco tied this afternoon, therefore Madision Park might control their own destiny in regards to getting the #1 seed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortho777. Show Ortho777's posts

Does anyone know if there is a web site with past D1 State Champs? From MIAA and google I could find:
    2009: Catholic Memorial (Eastern Mass)
    2008: Ludlow (Western Mass)
    2007: St. Johns (S) (Central Mass)
    2006: St. Johns (D) (Eastern Mass)
    2005: Algonquin (Central Mass)
    2004: Algonquin (Central Mass)
    2002: St. Johns (S) (Central Mass)

Would be curious to know. Gee, Eastern Mass doesn't seem so dominant.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tictac1211. Show tictac1211's posts

Arlington beat Bedford on Wednesday, so their game against Weston tomorrow night will be the deciding game.  It's at arlington high at 7 pm.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

Does anyone know if there is a web site with past D1 State Champs? From MIAA and google I could find: 2009: Catholic Memorial (Eastern Mass) 2008: Ludlow (Western Mass) 2007: St. Johns (S) (Central Mass) 2006: St. Johns (D) (Eastern Mass) 2005: Algonquin (Central Mass) 2004: Algonquin (Central Mass) 2002: St. Johns (S) (Central Mass) Would be curious to know. Gee, Eastern Mass doesn't seem so dominant.
    Posted by Ortho777

D1 has some really good programs out there.  I always remember Ludlow being tough, they seem to win D1 West everytime.  I would love to know if there is a place where I could find past winners.  MIAA has some of them.

D-2
    2009 - CCHS (Eastern, north)
    2008 - Mt Greylock (West)
    2007 - Hampshire Reg. (West)
    2006 - CCHS
    2005 - Stoneham (Eastern, north)

D-3
    2009 - Weston (Eastern, north)
    2008 - Bromfield (Central)
    2007 - Bromfield
    2006 - Bartlett (Central)

It's all about beating the cold, staying focused, and keeping your head.  A lot of great teams have bit the dust during the late playoff stages because they couldn't do those things.  CCHS had a team in 2007 that never shoud have lost to Sharon, but they fell to a hungrier side, opening the door for Hampshire Reg.

There is some good soccer in the west and central. It's usually not as strong or deep as the east, but when a team doesn't bring their A game into these things they are going down.

On a side note, some of those western boys are putting up monster numbers. Jaytoe Teh (Putnam) has 38 goals, and Commerce has 2 players with more than 40 points.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

Does anyone know if there is a web site with past D1 State Champs? From MIAA and google I could find: 2009: Catholic Memorial (Eastern Mass) 2008: Ludlow (Western Mass) 2007: St. Johns (S) (Central Mass) 2006: St. Johns (D) (Eastern Mass) 2005: Algonquin (Central Mass) 2004: Algonquin (Central Mass) 2002: St. Johns (S) (Central Mass) Would be curious to know. Gee, Eastern Mass doesn't seem so dominant.
    Posted by Ortho777

I think there was one of those years when Algonquin shared the title with BC High.  Don't remember which year.  I agree that there are some good teams from the West and Central.  They may benefit from less games to win and represent their region.  Three or four wins and you win the group. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

Don't discount the fact that EMass teams play at least 6 games to win a title while Western Mass teams play at most 5 games.  Late in November, when rest is at a premium, this is a huge factor.  Unequal brackets.  Absurd tourney structure.  Should take all teams in a particular division and divide those teams into 4 equal brackets.

D1 winners from a list I had....1980 Wellesley
    1981-1982  No Finals.  Prop 2 1/2
    1983  Chicopee
    1984  Wachusett
    1985  St. John's (s)
    1986  Plymouth-Carver
    1987  Springfield Cathedral
    1988  Silver Lake
    1989  Wakefield
    1990  Springfield Cathedral
    1991  Weymouth
    1992  Framingham
    1993  Springfield Cathedral
    1994  St. John's Prep
    1995  Ludlow
    1996  Weymouth/Cathedral cochamps
    1997  Weymouth/Ludlow  cochamps
    1998  Marshfield
    1999  Ludlow
    2000  Ludlow
    2001  St.  John's (s)
    2002  St.  John's (s)
    2003  Ludlow
    2004  Algonquin/BC High cochamps
    2005  Algonquin
    2006  St. John's Prep
    2007  St. John's (s)
    2008  Ludlow
    2009  CM

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Not sure where you pulled that up from scrapa, but thanks a bunch...good info! I read somewhere that maybe about a couple of years ago even the MIAA couldn't even get all of this information, some of the files were lost or something to that nature.

In 1995, I remember Somerville beating Weymouth, 4-1 in the EMass final. Obviously Somerville then fell to Ludlow.

I went to the Marshfield vs. Milford game in 98, boy was it freezing! I believe Marshfield won the game, 1-0, as soon as they scored that first goal in the second half, I got up outta there and left, there were a few minutes left in the game.

Sometimes, although the west wins the state championship they have a much much easier road than team's in the east. By the time an east team gets to that point, they are usually beaten up, unless you have the depth of a Concord-Carlisle. Another reason why depth is important.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Don't discount the fact that EMass teams play at least 6 games to win a title while Western Mass teams play at most 5 games.  Late in November, when rest is at a premium, this is a huge factor.  Unequal brackets.  Absurd tourney structure.  Should take all teams in a particular division and divide those teams into 4 equal brackets.
    Posted by scrapa-

I vote for scrapa as head of the MIAA.....anyone want to second that motion? All in favor?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Anyone remember the old Old Colony League before Weymouth switched over?

Weymouth, Sliver Lake, Bridgewater Raynahm, Plymouth North, Plymouth South, Falmouth, Taunton, Quincy and North Quincy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

On a side note, some of those western boys are putting up monster numbers. Jaytoe Teh (Putnam) has 38 goals, and Commerce has 2 players with more than 40 points.
    Posted by Kipmaster24

I can't even begin to imagine how weak some of those teams must be...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

I got the list from an article in the Herald a few years ago.  I tore it out and just threw it in a drawer in my desk.  I came accross it a few weeks ago and it seemed pertinent to the topic.  
    Division 2...
    1980  Duxbury
    1981-1982  No Finals
    1983  Duxbury
    1984  Duxbury
    1985  Rockland 
    1986  Winchester
    1987  Winchester
    1988  Duxbury
    1989  Framingham North
    1990  Nashoba
    1991  Wellesley
    1992  Westford
    1993  Shepherd Hill
    1994  Duxbury
    1995  Needham
    1996  Masco
    1997  Wakefield
    1998  David Prouty
    1999  Duxbury
    2000  Woburn
    2001  Groton Dunstable
    2002  L-S
    2003  Westboro
    2004  Somerset
    2005  Stoneham
    2006  Concord-Carlisle

Article ended at 2006, fill in the rest.  I'll post D3 later

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25) : I vote for scrapa as head of the MIAA.....anyone want to second that motion? All in favor?
    Posted by AlexFilides

Maybe someday Alex.  Just as an example, here's how D1 broke down last year...North 20 teams
    South  22 teams
    Central  12 teams
    West  11 teams
    That's 65 teams, almost a perfect scenario for 4 equal brackets of 16 teams.  Have one prelim , just like the NCAA hoops tourney and it's on.  Take the 16 westernmost teams, then take the next 16 weserntmost teams...that's your Central and West.  Simply divide the remaining teams between North and South.  It would take literally 5 minutes to do this, but you can bet your life the Algonquins Ludlows and St. John's of the world want nothing to do with Framingham, AB and LS potentially being in the Central bracket.  Sadly, the MIAA is one of the most political/ingrained org.s in Massachusetts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

That would be a fairer way to do it.  Thanks for the information Scrapa, that's awesome.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

Anyone remember the old Old Colony League before Weymouth switched over? Weymouth, Sliver Lake, Bridgewater Raynahm, Plymouth North, Plymouth South, Falmouth, Taunton, Quincy and North Quincy.
    Posted by AlexFilides

Even remember when Plymouth was Plymouth Carver, Weymouth was Weymouth North and South, Marshfield was in there, as were Hingham and Silver Lake.  Don't remember if it was still the OCL but there was a lot of stiff competition.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

Division 3 Champs...
    1986  Bromfield
    1987  Bromfield
    1988  St Mary's/Bromfield cochamps
    1989  Bromfield
    1990  Medway
    1991  Monson
    1992  D-S
    1993  Medway
    1994  Nipmuc
    1995  Mt. Greylock
    1996  Bromfield
    1997  Gateway
    1998  Medway
    1999  Groton-Dunstable
    2000  Medway
    2001  Wayland
    2002  Stoneham/Sutton cochamps
    2003  Grafton
    2004  Stoneham
    2005  Bromfield
    2006  Bartlett

I don't even know where Bromfield is, but they have a good thing going out there.  (also runner up in '92 and '04)

Anyone know if Braintree is in yet?   Do they have to beat CM to get in?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

Bromfield is in Harvard.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Anyone know if Braintree is in yet?   Do they have to beat CM to get in?
    Posted by scrapa-

Yeah, they need to beat CM to get in, tie won't cut it. They are currently at 6-7-4. If you want my opinion they should get in automatically because of strength of schedule, playing Weymouth(2x), Newton N.(2x), Framingham(2x), Needham(2x), Brookline(2x), Catholic Memorial(2x) Walpole, Natick, Lowell, Wellesley. The tie against Milton hurt a bit. There are very few teams if any that have had a tougher schedule.

Sections
Shortcuts