EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25) AND TOURNEY SOCCER CONVO.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Madison Park New # 1 -- No Argument

Madison Park killed New Bedford today 5-2 and it could have been 15-2...

MP is clearly now the number 1 team in the state after annihilating the # 2 team...  I mean they absolutely killed them...

Madison is now the favorite in Div 1 North, hands down

Discussion?  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Re: Madison Park New # 1 -- No Argument

In Response to Madison Park New # 1 -- No Argument:
    [QUOTE]Madison Park killed New Bedford today 5-2 and it could have been 15-2... MP is clearly now the number 1 team in the state after annihilating the # 2 team...  I mean they absolutely killed them... Madison is now the favorite in Div 1 North, hands down Discussion?  Thoughts?
    Posted by soccerfan12[/QUOTE]

I'm the first one on here that will admit I was wrong, didn't see that coming.

We'll see how they fare come tournament time against the Lexington's, Lincoln-Sudbury's and Brookline's. Maybe a Top 10 team right now, not ready to put them as #1.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25)

Holy smokes, Framingham beat Brookline 83 - 25.  Is this score correct?  I heard both teams pulled their goalies early in the game and played with the man advantage. 

Madison Park seems to be legit.  But they have a history of having great players and finding a way to screw it up, usually in act of poor sportsmanship.  This could be their year, got to go check them out, scoring 5 against NB hasn't happened for quite some time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In the history of following high school soccer, I can't remember New Bedford ever yielding 5 goals to another team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from doublea399. Show doublea399's posts

In Response to Madison Park New # 1 -- No Argument:
    [QUOTE]Madison Park killed New Bedford today 5-2 and it could have been 15-2... MP is clearly now the number 1 team in the state after annihilating the # 2 team...  I mean they absolutely killed them... Madison is now the favorite in Div 1 North, hands down Discussion?  Thoughts?

The number 1 ranking is going to stay with Concord Carlisle for a while. I don't see anyone taking them down especially with having watched them play in the toughest league in the state. They possess better than anyone and they give up no goals. Could win the d1 championship, no question.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In the history of following high school soccer, I don't ever remember New Bedford yielding 5 goals to any team.

However, it is soccer and a number of factors come into play. New Bedford may have been tired after the long drive, couple of tough bounces between 3-2 and 5-2. MP was motivated and NB came out flat. Players hurt. You could have dozens of factors that played into that result, so really at this point I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Keep in mind NB did beat MP 1-0 earlier in the season.

I remember back in the late 90's, Saugus had an unbelieveable team, they went 15-0-3. They also clubbed Danvers 5-0 in two matchups during the season. Once the playoffs came in the second round Saugus ended up losing to Danvers by a goal.

As mentioned there is a reason they play an 18 game schedule instead of 1.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HSsoccermaster. Show HSsoccermaster's posts

Brookline 83 Framingham 25 ???? is that a typo by the globe because this looks unreal. anyone have any ideas on what occured?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25):
    [QUOTE]Brookline 83 Framingham 25 ???? is that a typo by the globe because this looks unreal. anyone have any ideas on what occured?
    Posted by HSsoccermaster[/QUOTE]

And in a remarkable set of events of days filled with upsets and extremely high scores, Bp Stang knocked off Coyle Cassidy oops ahem I meant Concord-Carlisle 5-0.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Alex
    nobody respects your hs soccer knowl more than me, but MP completely dominated...

factors:
    nb is a touch down this year
    best mp team since Souto and Co.
    it was closer to 22-2 than 3-2...
    mp is for real, talentwise

all it proves is that the talent in the city is no different than anywhere else -- it is the makeup of the players that is different and the type of commitment that different kids have to the game -- the cape verdean kids at madison worship the game, but in their own way -- it is tied to their cultural identity and thus they take it very personally -- playing at a high level is seen as a requirement of playing the game and thus, they are hard on themselves...  this sometimes creates uneven performances... plus the state tournament is an uneven crapshoot and a good draw is helpful -- city teams typically are not structured to make deep runs (sometimes talent takes over) -- madison may not win it all or even a match in the tournament, but this just proves that talent is not the issue -- they really put on a display yesterday...

[QUOTE]In the history of following high school soccer, I don't ever remember New Bedford yielding 5 goals to any team. However, it is soccer and a number of factors come into play. New Bedford may have been tired after the long drive, couple of tough bounces between 3-2 and 5-2. MP was motivated and NB came out flat. Players hurt. You could have dozens of factors that played into that result, so really at this point I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Keep in mind NB did beat MP 1-0 earlier in the season. I remember back in the late 90's, Saugus had an unbelieveable team, they went 15-0-3. They also clubbed Danvers 5-0 in two matchups during the season. Once the playoffs came in the second round Saugus ended up losing to Danvers by a goal. As mentioned there is a reason they play an 18 game schedule instead of 1.
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

In Response to Re: Madison Park New # 1 -- No Argument:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Madison Park New # 1 -- No Argument : The number 1 ranking is going to stay with Concord Carlisle for a while. I don't see anyone taking them down especially with having watched them play in the toughest league in the state. They possess better than anyone and they give up no goals. Could win the d1 championship, no question.
    Posted by doublea399[/QUOTE]

I have an argument to make.  No. 1 ranking for a while? Toughest league in the state?  They possess better than anyone and give up no goals?  These must all be typos and you're not exactly Nostradamus.  Not saying CC couldn't win d1 but a 5-0 drubbing from Bishop Stang isn't something you tout on your resume.  The good thing it was only one game and that is all it is.  The bad thing, it was 5 without a response.  The Bishops look have some good results this year, Stang and Feehan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

[QUOTE]Alex nobody respects your hs soccer knowl more than me, but MP completely dominated... factors: nb is a touch down this year best mp team since Souto and Co. it was closer to 22-2 than 3-2... mp is for real, talentwise all it proves is that the talent in the city is no different than anywhere else -- it is the makeup of the players that is different and the type of commitment that different kids have to the game -- the cape verdean kids at madison worship the game, but in their own way -- it is tied to their cultural identity and thus they take it very personally -- playing at a high level is seen as a requirement of playing the game and thus, they are hard on themselves...  this sometimes creates uneven performances... plus the state tournament is an uneven crapshoot and a good draw is helpful -- city teams typically are not structured to make deep runs (sometimes talent takes over) -- madison may not win it all or even a match in the tournament, but this just proves that talent is not the issue -- they really put on a display yesterday... In Response to Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25) :

Went to check out Madison Park's soccer schedule and results at the school website, looks like a fourth grader put their website together over night.  Anyone know where to get some results and schedule for MP.  They caught my attention and would like to see this talented group.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slowbutquick. Show slowbutquick's posts

Isn't CC Div 2?  I will have to take alook at MP when I have a chance.  Ihope the attitude is there. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Madison Park

MP plays at East Boston Stadium at 3:30 October 15 -- that is the marquis match in the city this year...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]Alex nobody respects your hs soccer knowl more than me, but MP completely dominated... factors: nb is a touch down this year best mp team since Souto and Co. it was closer to 22-2 than 3-2... mp is for real, talentwise all it proves is that the talent in the city is no different than anywhere else -- it is the makeup of the players that is different and the type of commitment that different kids have to the game -- the cape verdean kids at madison worship the game, but in their own way -- it is tied to their cultural identity and thus they take it very personally -- playing at a high level is seen as a requirement of playing the game and thus, they are hard on themselves...  this sometimes creates uneven performances... plus the state tournament is an uneven crapshoot and a good draw is helpful -- city teams typically are not structured to make deep runs (sometimes talent takes over) -- madison may not win it all or even a match in the tournament, but this just proves that talent is not the issue -- they really put on a display yesterday... In Response to Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25) :

I agree with everything you've said, especially when you said city teams are not structured to make deep runs. Sometimes it's lack of tough scheduling, sometimes talent and other times style of play. MP may be one of the toughest teams in the state and I'm glad to see them play teams like Somerville and New Bedford.

I think what hurts MP the most is not from lack of talent, but the ability to play against tough competition on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The Boston City teams hasn't had the skill of learning how to play against good teams when tired.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I also neglected to mention that MP has been one of my favorites to follow. I mention I take the result with a grain of salt, only because they have gotten to the North semis once or twice since 1993. However, I would really like to see them go far in the tournament.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

In Response to Re: Madison Park New # 1 -- No Argument:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Madison Park New # 1 -- No Argument : I have an argument to make.  No. 1 ranking for a while? Toughest league in the state?  They possess better than anyone and give up no goals?  These must all be typos and you're not exactly Nostradamus.  Not saying CC couldn't win d1 but a 5-0 drubbing from Bishop Stang isn't something you tout on your resume.  The good thing it was only one game and that is all it is.  The bad thing, it was 5 without a response.  The Bishops look have some good results this year, Stang and Feehan.
    Posted by jason12343[/QUOTE]
    What are you talking about.  Concord Carlisle has not played Bishop Stang. And the DCL is year in and year out one of the toughest leagues in the state, fact.  They have been cruising, although the match against Weston on Monday should be a test.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I thought I would throw some sarcasm around at the Globe's expense.

Bishop Stang beat Coyle Cassidy, however the paper said BS defeated Concord-Carlisle. It could have been correct by now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

It's a nice way for Madison Park to come back from an early season bump.  But I don't rate New Bedford highly.  They for me maybe the most overated team in the Top 25.

It would be nice to see a good city team make some post season noise, but lets be honest.  These teams get swatted out of the playoffs like flies against teams from stronger leagues.  If history teaches us anything we all know MP will implode.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]It's a nice way for Madison Park to come back from an early season bump.  But I don't rate New Bedford highly.  They for me maybe the most overated team in the Top 25. It would be nice to see a good city team make some post season noise, but lets be honest.  These teams get swatted out of the playoffs like flies against teams from stronger leagues.  If history teaches us anything we all know MP will implode.
    Posted by Kipmaster24[/QUOTE]

The only team that appears to have a shot of making any noise is Madison Park. East Boston is really struggling with the GBL teams. Before the season, thought they would run away with the division, but it's not looking anything like that right now. Somerville destroyed Burke yesterday. Hyde Park, Dorchester, O'Bryant, Brighton and Boston Int. have decent teams, but still don't have much of a shot in the tourney. However, the league overall is definitely an upgrade from 10 years ago.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

How about some mock D-1N seedings? Just trying to have fun with this and maybe some anticipated matchups, so don't kill the messenger if the seedings appear to be incorrect. For obvious reasons, I won't post the records of each team.

1. Masconomet
    2. Madison Park
    3. Lexington
    4. Peabody
    5. E.Boston
    6. Chelmsford
    7. Lynn English
    8. Acton-Boxboro
    9. Revere
    10. Lincoln-Sudbury
    11. Medford
    12. St. John's Prep
    13. Chelsea
    14. Brookline
    15. Cambridge R+L
    16. Brighton
    17. Andover
    18. Newton N.
    19. Somerville
    20. Westford
    21. Framingham

Preliminary
    Andover over Brighton
    Newton N. over Cambridge
    Brookline over Somerville
    Framingham over Chelsea

1st Round
    Masco over Andover
    Acton-Boxboro over Revere
    St. John's Prep over E. Boston
    Framingham over Peabody
    Lexington over Brookline
    Medford over Chelmsford
    Lincoln-Sudbury over Lynn English
    Madison Park over Newton N.

2nd Round
    Acton-Boxboro over Masconomet
    St. John's Prep over Framingham
    Lexington over Medford
    Lincoln-Sudbury over Madison Park

Semi's
    Acton-Boxboro over St. John's Prep
    Lincoln-Sudbury over Lexington

Finals
    Lincoln-Sudbury over Acton-Boxboro

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HSsoccermaster. Show HSsoccermaster's posts

[QUOTE]How about some mock D-1N seedings? Just trying to have fun with this and maybe some anticipated matchups, so don't kill the messenger if the seedings appear to be incorrect. For obvious reasons, I won't post the records of each team. 1. Masconomet 2. Madison Park 3. Lexington 4. Peabody 5. E.Boston 6. Chelmsford 7. Lynn English 8. Acton-Boxboro 9. Revere 10. Lincoln-Sudbury 11. Medford 12. St. John's Prep 13. Chelsea 14. Brookline 15. Cambridge R+L 16. Brighton 17. Andover 18. Newton N. 19. Somerville 20. Westford 21. Framingham
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

You have cambridge a little too high there alex. They tend to slack against easy teams and lost games they should have won. I think they're probably going to drop from this list. Anyone have any information on them though because their results does not really say everything. What about chelmsford? they have a good team this year? Brighton too? because their team was extremly bad last year. I also disagree with framingham because I feel like they're going to end up with a better record than most of the teams ahead of them. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25) : You have cambridge a little too high there alex. They tend to slack against easy teams and lost games they should have won. I think they're probably going to drop from this list. Anyone have any information on them though because their results does not really say everything. What about chelmsford? they have a good team this year? Brighton too? because their team was extremly bad last year. I also disagree with framingham because I feel like they're going to end up with a better record than most of the teams ahead of them. 
    Posted by HSsoccermaster[/QUOTE]

Sorry about Cambridge, just going with the current records I have right now.  Chelmsford has a good team against the MVC, I see them going out in the 1st round. Brighton will go out in the first and will probably get slaughtered. Framingham could very well be that .500 team that will sneak up on some opponents in the tournament, Avery will have them ready if they can get to .500. It won't be easy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Everett is another near .500 team that could sneak in.

I don't know about Lowell, Haverhill and the rest of the Merrimack, not much in the way of results posted. It doesn't appear any team from the Merrimack has much of a shot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RJC17. Show RJC17's posts

Division 1 South: (Not all the teams, let me know more records if you know them)

Nauset                                            9-1-1      19pts

Greater New Bedford                   9-2-1      19pts
    New Bedford                                  8-1-2      18pts
    Franklin                                          5-2-4      14pts
    Durfee                                            6-3-1       13pts
    Brockton                                        6-1-1       13pts    ( Not Updated)
    BC High                                          4-1-5       13pts    (Not Updated)
    Falmouth                                       6-4-1       13pts
    King Phillip                                     5-1-3       13pts
    Attleboro                                       5-3-2       12pts
    North Attleboro                            4-4-3       11pts
    Barnstable                                    4-4-2       10pts
    Oliver Ames                                  3-4-4       10pts
     Mansfield                                     3-4-3        9pts
    DR                                                  4-7-1        9pts
    Taunton                                        3-5-3        9pts
    Dennis Yarmouth                       4-6-0        8pts
    Dartmouth                                   3-6-1       7pts
    BR                                                 1-9-0        2pts

Games on 10/14/10

King Phillip @ Mansfield
    Brockton @ BR
    Falmouth @ Plymouth South
    Dennis Yarmouth @ Plymouth North
    Dartmouth @ New Bedford
    Durfee @ Taunton

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Madison Park/East Boston

today at 330 at East Boston Stadium out near the airport -- this is for the # 1 seed in Div 1 North as after today neither one will lose again until they hit the city final -- there is controversey brewing because the match is going to be played on the old astro turf at the stadium and not the brand new field turf right next door -- what do people think about that?  game is on despite the rain -- rain will be light by 2 PM today...

thoughts?  discussion?  you are talking about 2 of the at worst 7 best teams in the state playing today... huge match

Sections
Shortcuts