EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

I'm not sure who's gonna knock off St Marys.. but I was wondering, I heard there's seems to be a lot of head Coaching jobs available in Girls HS hockey????  (Reading,Woburn,Arlington?) maybe a few more.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8chik. Show sk8chik's posts

another year with the sin city selects.go play with the preps where you belong and leave the town teams alone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ponderspy. Show Ponderspy's posts

Arlington will contend this year with the a solid core of veteran players returning who play at Charles River on the U19 1 and U16 1 teams. Solid goaltending and defense and if a few scorers find the net, they will be a top 5 team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

How many coaching jobs are out there... ??
    I think captains practice starts this week for most teams (let the fun begin)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Has Reading sorted through their coaching situation?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZZINGO. Show ZZINGO's posts

Fontbonne will be a dark horse, goaltending will be their only concern(new goalie)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    Fontbonne will be a dark horse, goaltending will be their only concern(new goalie)
    Posted by ZZINGO
    They will be the favorite in Division 2 if that's where they still are or are they going to try their luck in D1 again? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

Has Reading sorted through their coaching situation?
    Posted by Sportsdad23

Yes, Reading did hire a new coach, hired last week. I was told that the new coach is Mike Golden??? not sure who he is ??? Reading is such a big hockey town so he should have the #'s. I don't think they have the co-op waiver w/lynnfield anymore. Did Woburn's coach return or did he leave??. What about Lexington's coach is he back behind the bench ??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Woburn's coaching team is back for another season. I have not heard anything on Lexington.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Change-Up. Show Change-Up's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Is Taylor Sheppard returning this year. Last I heard (at Hockey night in Boston) she was history and heading to Prep school. Any truth to that? If she is gone, forget it.
    Posted by abgirlsfan

I had also heard that she went the Prep School route, I know there are Fontbonne people out there that can shed some light on the subject.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Change-Up. Show Change-Up's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Iciing-2   My operatives tell me that MacCurtain at Woburn will be back. Things were not all that lucky at the Shamrocks. I hear he went with certain expectations and they didn't happen. Too bad, a very good coach and a good guy.
    Posted by abgirlsfan

I am not sure that coach MacCurtian was ever not coming back to Woburn. The Shamrocks never said he was coach, he has always been listed as the Director of Coaching and Player Development if I recall correctly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Yes, Reading did hire a new coach, hired last week. I was told that the new coach is Mike Golden??? not sure who he is ??? Reading is such a big hockey town so he should have the #'s. I don't think they have the co-op waiver w/lynnfield anymore. Did Woburn's coach return or did he leave??. What about Lexington's coach is he back behind the bench ??
    Posted by rocketfan

Mike Golden on HockeyDB:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=1950

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

Just a few weeks before the puck drops, it appears many contributors have moved on due to graduation with so few posts at this juncture. Hopefully, once the season kicks in, we will have our fill of reports, banter and fun during the season.
    Posted by boarding
    The Saint Marys crowd will fill this forum up as usual but everyone else appears to realize there just is no way of beating them they are totally loaded.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8chik. Show sk8chik's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : The Saint Marys crowd will fill this forum up as usual but everyone else appears to realize there just is no way of beating them they are totally loaded.
    Posted by jzhiphop07

nobody can beat the sin city selects.go get those weak town teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ponderspy. Show Ponderspy's posts

Not enough pucks to go around for St. Mary's and many expect them to crash and burn. Dissension amongst the ranks will keep them from another crown.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

Some of you new posters have a lot to learn. When the old veterans decide to get off the sofa they will eat your lunch, trust me. You should think before writing. Just a bit of advice from an old veteran. On another note, just a word of advice from a veteran of the recruiting wars. If you have a daughter that has plans to or might like to play in college, you'd btter start now, especially if she is a junior. You should spend the next two summers travelling to whatever showcases you can afford. That is the only way its going to happen. We are very close to making a committment after a long process. We have been to some recent college games and seen some of the top "dream teamers" from last year struggling to meet the demands of the college game, even at the DIII level. We had some DI looks from smaller schools and have decided against that. From waht I've seen you'd better be the best player or at least in the top two or your high school team or you have little shot at a roster spot. Here's a bit of data from the DI ranks. Committments for the 2010-2011 season are just about over, so far of those that have been reported, there are exactly 1 kid from a public school in MA playing DI hockey, my daughter would have been the 2nd. There could be one or two more form schools that haven't reported them. I'm just telling you that the competition is fierce, even at the DIII level, Take it for waht it's worth. Good luck this season to all!
    Posted by abgirlsfan
    Aren't you the old veteran who posted about 500 times last year bragging you'd be the team to upset Saint Marys only to be humiliated 5-0. I don't think anyone on here could possibly eat their lunch anymore than you did last year!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

This thing was a pickle to find. Why is it not in the sports area, I'll call Monday.

SMH has had three caption's practices, alot of young lady, but as we know we didn't have to many opening. Fire power is still there, there young D now has a year under there belt, and the goalie looks good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

Also I agree with the post about public schools, It's not fair that SMH plays public schools, but what can be done.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : are you one of the old veterans on here. we've been told they'd be coming and show us how to do this blog. is the team as good as i think they are. someone on here said theres dissention in the ranks and not enough pucks to go around. i say they are crazy. what do you think.
    Posted by billyc16

Yes I'm old,  SMH will be fine, there coach will put an end to that, not saying there is a problem.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

What's the Bay State League looking like this year? Who's reloading with the strongest freshman class? Who lost the most?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ponderspy. Show Ponderspy's posts

Arlington High will be a top 10 team with with solid goaltending and possibly the best defense in the state with a few very experienced defensemen. They will be tough come tournament time if a few goal scorer's step up. I do not know much about Arlington Catholic other than their long time coach was replaced and lost their top scorer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Congratulations to the Lexington/Bedford girls on winning the Mass State U19 Title beating Reading in the Championship game 2 to 1 yesterday in Taunton.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Need to get more teams at that age level entering the tournament.  Looking through the standings of the Varsity Upper Division L/B finished the season 7th and Reading finished 10th, of 13 teams.  Wonder if it's a communication thing from Mass Hockey and these towns don't realize there is a tournament for their girls U19 teams?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Need to get more teams at that age level entering the tournament.  Looking through the standings of the Varsity Upper Division L/B finished the season 7th and Reading finished 10th, of 13 teams.  Wonder if it's a communication thing from Mass Hockey and these towns don't realize there is a tournament for their girls U19 teams?
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule

These were Tier 3 State play down Finals - not MYCGL games. All of the town teams had lots of girls wearing club gear (Assabet, Wizards, etc.) and those players probably miss many MYCGL league games, making the MYCGL standings meaningless for this tournament.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Pretty much all of the teams in the Varsity Upper division are in the same position, with 1-2 lines worth of players playing on club teams (we had CR, Wizards, Flames and AV ourselves) as well as for their town. MYC does a pretty good job of keeping as many of their games on Saturdays and late Sunday afternoons so the teams don't run into too many situations of being short players.  At least that's how our schedule ended up working out.  I think we only had 2 or 3 games where we were short at least a lines worth of players. Our coach had no idea that there was even a Tier III State Tournament for the girls at that age bracket. Daughters team held their own for a team that didn't practice and did games only.  Would have been  interesting to see how they did in the tournament.  All I was trying to say is that it's too bad that the District reps don't get the info out better to all of the programs to get more towns involved.  

Sections
Shortcuts