EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

Just picked up my outfit for tomorrow night. I'll be coming thru the gates at 7:30. Same refs for tomorrow night I hope. It's going to be a war.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

I might actually have to venture out to Lynn tomorrow night for this one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unemployed3. Show unemployed3's posts

If you plan on wearing that drop me off at the corner please!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from passthepuck. Show passthepuck's posts

Just my opinion - hockey is a physical game.  The play was scary and I was concerned for the player.  My daughter has been boarded and thrown into the boards and was out for a few weeks with a shoulder injury and the girl was thrown out of the game - you didn't see me wanting to hang the girl. 

You made my point. Thank you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

We can go together. I have some Marine buddies of mine coming along, I'll be glad to share the protection with you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Watch out or else I'll bring out your nun's Boss again!! He'll put her in her place.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nicmcg. Show nicmcg's posts

Icing,
    Ok, HOW MANY penalties has AC had this season??? Seems like JZ had made a valid statement about the play over at AC, When a team is having trouble in a game keeping up and by the sounds of it, this is not the first game where this has been a problem, the losing team often gets frustrated and starts to lose focus and play desperate. Last night may have been just that. No excuse for the poor girl who was hurt, we all agree. The comments on "cheap video and college"  is where as a parent you have stepped a bit over the line. Remember she is 16 your ???    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnotherOneBitesTheDust55. Show AnotherOneBitesTheDust55's posts

ICING,

use this to hide behind when you venture to lynn tomorrow night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BAUER920. Show BAUER920's posts

After reading a couple of the posts, i am severely upset with the behavior of some of the people. Hits from behind is an unfortunate event, but it is part of hockey. I have recently gone though it with my daughter who dislocated her shoulder, and then her teammate a week later from hits from behind. This was with a well know team and everyone saw the hits, and  they were both not ejected, but no one came on the blog saying bad things and ridiculing a 16 year old girl for making a mistake.

i know that the girl who committed this act was very sorry and was almost in tears in the box saying that she didn't mean it and that they were both going for the puck. There is no need to say anything about the hit this is not what this blog is about.  The fact is a SMH player also was sent to the hospital for A PUNCH?? SINCE WHEN IS THAT JUSTIFIED, but u don't see anyone from SMH complaining.

simple its hockey and sh%^%t happens u signed up for a contact sport... life must go on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from iced-t. Show iced-t's posts

Are AB and Hingham scheduled to play a game?

That's seems like the only fair way to decide which of these two teams that AHS has already beaten is the legimate #2 behind the #1 Zip Code Allstars!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Nothing exciting on tap this weekend for us, Brookline on Saturday.  I think we have Milton coming up on Wed., though? Or maybe that's next week. I dunno.  Too many schedules to keep track of between the 3 kids and hubby, I can only keep one day in my head at a time.

On the Braintree game: Got some feedback from a Braintree parent on the game the other night.  1st period it was looking like it was going to be a great game, good back and forth play, shots coming from both teams, goalies making some great saves.  Then he went on and basically just told me what I and many others already know, the system our coach has these girls use doesn't work against stronger teams.  He keeps his 1st line D out for too long throughout the 1st & 2nd.  He said by the end of the game he was amazed that they could even skate off the ice, he was waiting to see if the EMT's would have to go out and help them off. He wasn't joking. 2-3 minute shifts continually throughout the game, off for 30 seconds, back out again. He was more impressed with our 2nd line of forwards that night than our 1st, understandable taking into account that 2 of our 1st line forwards are just getting back from the flu.  Daughter felt they were beatable, but they needed to have everyone at 100% and giving 100% in order to do it and that just wasn't the case the other night. They didn't have enough legs to hang for more than the first period. This team has the talent to do things, especially over the next few years when the middle schoolers come up, they just don't have the coaching.  He has good intentions, he just doesn't have the experience or knowledge to take these girls to the next level.  However far they make it, it will be despite their coaching staff, not because of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Iced- T-

Hingham and AB do not have a regularly scheduled game this season. The could always meet up again later as they did last year.

This weekend.

AB vs Chelmsford on saturday afternoon.
    Monday should be a good one  AB vs Fontbonne 5:45 pm Valley Sports, Concord

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unemployed3. Show unemployed3's posts

Iced-t- Forget about the wins number 2 is going to be decided by which fans post the most on this blog. Looks like ab is going to win by a landslide! You and Larry can battle out for number 3 though..

I was going to say Lex will probably stay at 2 all year, but I don't want to get the hiphopper stirring!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from changeitup. Show changeitup's posts

Maybe Lexington’s lack of a system (can anyone see it) is their system!! Brilliant!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

billy-

That is just plain wrong!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

good news for the blog. icing and magellan have repaired their friendship. time to move onward they say...

Oh thank goodness, all is back to normal now, my day is complete. Yay!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

Heh AB
    I am predicting two wins for you guys. I think if your team comes out reday to play from the start, you will handle Chelmsford  fairly easily. I think Fontbonne will be tougher, but if you get pucks on the net you will have a good chance. Fontbonne has good D men, will #22 cover #8. That would be fun

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from iced-t. Show iced-t's posts

unemployed:

If I were to be serious I would say that the only team limited to a fixed set of ZIP codes that has a chance of being undefeated is Lexington.  Who's the top seed if two teams end the regular season with 1.000 records?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unemployed3. Show unemployed3's posts

Coin Flip I believe. Do you think the Catholics get to use a loaded coin too?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

I wholeheartedly agree that AHS is the clear #2 at this point based on who they have played. I would have Hingham#3 Lexington at #4, AB at #5, after that, AC, Shrewsbury, Woburn and a few others are bottlenecked. I would like to see AB pick it up a bit( AB Fan you yourself they 've had a few lackluster outings) I think they can do some damage if they play solidly in their own end and help out their goalie who will improve as the year goes on.
    Braintree is a mystery to me. I think they are well coached and can play with most teams. I wonder if they have enough depth for the long haul.

i I would like to propose a ban on the Boston Globe top 20, absolutely farcial. Clueless doesn't begin to describe it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from passthepuck. Show passthepuck's posts

magellan and icing? who knew! so happy they've moved on.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

The Hingham v. Barnstable game should be interesting on Saturday. Barnstable hasn't lost a game yet and Hingham will be playing back to back games. I would normally give Hingham the clear edge in this game but we'll have to see if there is any gas left in the tank from Friday night. Of course, Friday night could just serve to fire them up even more.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyc16. Show billyc16's posts

looks like blog is over. everyones bailing out. down with the ship

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

jzhiphop07

I have been at RI rinks all day, and I will miss tomorrow's game chasing younger skaters; but I am sure Coach will have the girls spitting fire against Stoneham at home!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

SMH 3  Hingham 1 (ENG)
    Dover/Sherborn 5  Jatin Academy 1
    Fontbonne 10   Mount/Matignon 1

Sections
Shortcuts