EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

GHockey posted
    "The Hingham v. Barnstable game should be interesting on Saturday. Barnstable hasn't lost a game yet and Hingham will be playing back to back games. I would normally give Hingham the clear edge in this game but we'll have to see if there is any gas left in the tank from Friday night. Of course, Friday night could just serve to fire them up even more"

I agree late night back to Hingham

Other good match ups include:
    Woburn vs Stoneham --Woburn looking to revenge a 7-4 thumping.
    Lincoln-Sudbury vs Arlington-A must game for L/S if they want a shot in the DCL

Who is going to Recap the SMH vs Hingham game

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Icing,

The first meeting resulted in a 7-4 Stoneham win.

The rematch is a 5-2 Woburn win - next up Lexington.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Final Score form this afternoon

AB  7
    Chelmsford  3

After a bti of a slow start the girls poured it on and played the way they are and were supposed to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Arlington Catholic 7  Andover 1
    Braintree 7 Weymouth 1
    Springfield Cath 2  Lynn 0
    Beverly 4  Everett 2
    Medford 3  Wilmington 1
    AB 7  Chelmsford 2
    SMH 6  Ursuline 2
    Duxbury 3  MArshfield 3
    MV 4  Scituate 2
    Falmouth 3  WHP 1
    Newton South 0  Billerica 0
    Winchester 5  Burlington 2
    Schrewsbury 3  Marblehead 2
    Woburn 5  Stoneham 2
    Reading 4  Wakefield 2
    Canton 7  Quincey 1
    Hinghm 2  Barnstable 1
    Boston Latin 10 Weston 3
    Cambridge 8  Peabody 0
    Wellesly 6  Natick 3
    Lexington 10  Belmont 0
    Shawsheen 1  Masco 0
    Arlington 4  Lincoln/Sudbury 1
    Norwood 2 Walpole 2
    Hingham 2  Barnstable 1

Any surprises??

In the for what it is worth department! By my math Shrewsbury is the first team to punch their post season ticket. Smh also got their 10th win tonight but is playing 22 games so they need 2 more points.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Icing-

Can you please explain how SMH needs two more points, I thought that a team may play 22 games but only the first 20 count toward point you point total.

As for surprises, I think the Hingham v Barnstable game is a bit of a surprise to me. I thought Hingham would really take care of business in this one. They must have have a bit if a let down from the big game last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from iced-t. Show iced-t's posts

ABGF:

Last year there were teams whose schedule had fewer than 20 games and teams with more than 20 games.  The seeding is based on (total points) / (total posible points) for all teams I think (at least so it semed last year).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

What everyone expected last night over here.  Framingham 9, Brookline 3.  Was actually fun to watch the 2nd and 3rd periods as JV girls got to come up for this game and got some good playing time during those two periods, 1 even got her first goal, and the JV goalie/back up also got to play in the 3rd period.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

iced-t wrote: ABGF:

Last year there were teams whose schedule had fewer than 20 games and teams with more than 20 games.  The seeding is based on (total points) / (total posible points) for all teams I think (at least so it semed last year).

Exactly, you need to have a win percentage of .500 or better to qualify. Other restrictions apply. See page 7 in the following document.

http://miaa.net/IceHockey-09-10-format.pdf

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

Suprises from last nite..... Reading 4 - Wakefield 2 - Reading pretty much shut a
    good team & once again Readings goalie played very well.

Could someone help me understand the Mass Hockey.com Rankings/Jim Clarks RPI.
    The Jim Clark poll rankings has a Legend and I would like to know what is the SOS column. is it the strength of schedule??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greatestfan. Show greatestfan's posts

The Hingham team dominated the game and outshot Barnstable 40 to 10 last night.  It was one of those games when the puck just would not go in the net.  The Barnstable goalie did everything but stand on her head for her saves.  The officiating was horrendous and Hingham had numerous questionable penalties, including at least 3 with two girls in the box at the same time, giving Barnstable three 5 on 3 opportunities.  Hingham did look a bit tired after the late night against St. Mary's on Friday.  With regard to that game, with a little more experience and now that the younger girls know what to expect from the relentless lines of St. Mary's forwards, Hingham should look forward to the rematch on their own turf on Jan 30th.  The Harborwomen can definitely keep up with and possibly beat that team this year!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cager. Show cager's posts

Teams are allowed to play 20 games.  You may play two more, but you must play at least two "exclusion" schools.   

Exclusion schools are those that have applied, and recieved this status as they have difficulty getting other schools to play them.  The list is posted on the MIAA site.

When you play an exclusion school, you choose prior to the season if you want those games to count, when you submit your offical schedule.  This, and the coin flips, are the two reasons "arm chair" fans can't predict tournament match-up's.

BTW, 3/14 is the finals at TD Garden.   6 games starting at 9am.  Presently, the 2 girls games are not "back to back".  Let's hope that changes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Change-Up. Show Change-Up's posts

Cager:
    Are there not some teams that will qualify under the Murphy Rule that if you do not know who they are would be difficult to qualify?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Change-Up. Show Change-Up's posts

First: 12/17/2009
    Last: 1/15/2010

Coin Flip I believe. Do you think the Catholics get to use a loaded coin too?

They have devine intervention

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

Rockerfan

Yes SOS is Strength OF Schedule

You'll see Hingham at #1 taking on all comers this season with the Saints , Arlington, Lexington  and more added to their schedule. Arlington at #2 adding Saints also. Now it will be almost impossible for these teams to keep up with Lexington in some polls with their #15 SOS. That's why these RPI polls though not perfect are better than other polls that are looking at just wins and losses. A tough 3-1 loss against Saints , actually only 2-1 without empty net goal, should not drop Hingham down as much as the Globes poll that's just looking at wins losses.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

Hey Larry,

I thought the SMH-Hingam game was played well on both sides,not sure if you were at the game? One observation  to me was the first period there were maybe 6-8 whistles, the two teams came out flying and they were going 4-5 shifts between whistles, at least in the first period.
    Hingham had a great chance to do more damage when SM got back to back penaltys (2nd was to many women on the ice) there Penalty units were running out off gas. And because Higham pp unit is good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

I thought the Saints took it to Hingham a little early on and then Hingham picked it up. Saints 1st goal was a little flukey off d's leg - whose up there looking over these girls? ,  but shorthanded goal was a highlight film. Hingham came back strong with the next goal and should be ready for a great rematch. C ya

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Another big game day on Monday

WHP vs Braintree
    Wellesley vs Duxbury
    Fontbonne vs A/Boxboro
    Arlington vs SMH-Can anyone verify the time of this game it is posted on the masshshockey site as 8 and I have seen it posted 2 other places as TBA and 5 which time is it??

Any others??

Thoughts?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Icincg:

SMH Arlington tomorrow at 5:00.

http://www.smhlynn.org/page.cfm?p=72&show=team&teamID=31

Rocketfan: 

Welcome back!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

First: 5/29/2008
    Last: 1/17/2010
    Another big game day on Monday

WHP vs Braintree
    Wellesley vs Duxbury
    Fontbonne vs A/Boxboro
    Arlington vs SMH-Can anyone verify the time of this game it is posted on the masshshockey site as 8 and I have seen it posted 2 other places as TBA and 5 which time is it??

Any others??

Thoughts?

I think Braintree gets past WH.  WH looks a bit down from the team they were last season.  I must be honest I don't know much about them other than what the schedule and results show.

Wellesley V Duxbury will be an interesting game.  Take a 2-0 early season setback to Framingham and they would have no loses.  Duxbury had a nice win V. LS and there lose to Barnstable is respectable.  I think that the Bay State is a touch above the GHL South so I will pick Wellesley 3-1.

AB takes care of business.  It could even be a bit lopsided.

Arl V Marys.  Not sure on the start time either but should be a good game.  I thought Hingham should be the number 2 team in state and Arl beat Hingham so I will be interested to see how they play.  In the end though Marys does not lose.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

cager wrote: .....

BTW, 3/14 is the finals at TD Garden.   6 games starting at 9am.  Presently, the 2 girls games are not "back to back".  Let's hope that changes.

Hi Cager,
    Where did you find this info, I've been searching and I can't locate it.

Thanks,
    G

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

SMH vs Arlington 5:00pm at Connery Rink in Lynn

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

GH--Have Magellann check his FB account, I he has info for you about your 10:27am post today

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Icing2 wrote:
    GH--Have Magellann check his FB account, I he has info for you about your 10:27am post today

Thanks, will do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Magellan-

SSSHHH   on the cancellations!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

First: 11/3/2009
    Last: 1/17/2010
    Screwsbury finally gets a little respect from Globe moving into the 20th spot behind Beverly at #19. Funny Screwsbury beat Beverly 6-0 this year and has better record.Ouch!!! Arlington beat both Hingham and AB but still can't move past either one in poll. Icing they need your help --------

Bruce Lerch to the rescue
    http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/high_school/index.php/2010/01/17/girls-hockey-super-eight-2/

Sections
Shortcuts