EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

Framingham: 2
    Milton: 2

Great game played by both teams, 2 of the 3 sick ones were able to play, goalie was sick too and if we had a back up with experience she probably wouldn't have been in net.  Next year she'll have that luxury at least.  Could have easily been 2-0 Framingham, both goals by Milton were soft ones that had our goalie not been in such a fog she would have been reacting much quicker than she was and would have had both shots stopped.  Was a great game though, the a couple players had to step up into rolls they're not used to having to fill due to the player that wasn't able to play and the 2 that were playing not being able to play their regular minutes. It was nice to seem them all pull together and play the way they did.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Ouch A/B sounds like a tough one.  Hopefully you're right and it's a lesson learned for the girls.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Icing- get better soon!

Woburn 7 Belmont 1, but Woburn played a very uneven game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustup4. Show dustup4's posts

hold on whilst I pat thy self on said back:

posted at 1/22/2010 12:45 AM EST

First: 1/15/2010
    Last: 1/22/2010
    Sat night:  HH 7, AC 1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeon1985. Show zeon1985's posts

Is there anywhere to get a complete page of the individual stats for every team. Middlesex Conference has no stats for the kids in the Globe's online section. Many other teams not included also. Does Herald have them in their paper anymore? Coaches give the kids their day in the sun as some of the other teams do.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

zeon1985 wrote:
    Is there anywhere to get a complete page of the individual stats for every team. Middlesex Conference has no stats for the kids in the Globe's online section. Many other teams not included also. Does Herald have them in their paper anymore? Coaches give the kids their day in the sun as some of the other teams do. 

Hi Zeon,
    http://www.emasshockeyonline.com/
    has some stats under some of the leagues but not others. I don't know where they get the stats but you might drop them an email and ask about the Middlesex League. They are really good guys and usually respond.

here is the email address:
    info@masshshockey.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Ghockey-

You new picture is very good!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

OT - If any of you on here with legitimate experience with Assabet would please friend me or whatever it is you do on here to have a private conversation it would be greatly appreciated.  Have 1 of my 2 asking about possibly making a switch next season and want to get some accurate advice/information before giving her an answer. 

Thanks!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

Where is everybody? Just my luck Hingham is on the rise and everyone is sulking. Cry me a river!!!!!!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Any score from tonight’s AC game?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hcky2. Show hcky2's posts

Fontbonne 5 AC 2

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Nope, no sulking over here, just been dealing with multiple sick kids & trying desperately to keep myself from getting infected with their plague. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

AB - done, thanks!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from above-the-law. Show above-the-law's posts

St. Mary's has two big games this week - Woburn on Wednesday and then to Hingham on Saturday night.  Any thoughts on the game?  Playing at Hingham is definetely an experience.  Last year I think they brought the entire south shore to the game - there wasn't even standing room available.  That is a great atmosphere and shows a lot of team spirit.  There are some games at SMH where you might find 20-30 people there.  I don't think we ever filled a rink like Hingham does.  Congratulations for that!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

Any more penalties on them I suggest we decline. No more shorthanded goals for that superstar of theirs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Final from tonight
    AC 2  NDA 1

Hats off to the NDA goalie who made somewhere north of 50 saves tonight

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

fifty saves! Yikes. I thought that 42 by the billerica goalie the other night was a lot. Good job kid! That is impressive.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

Boarding,
    Right on about the SM goalie, she has seen alot more action then she even thought, she has played great so far, remember SM hasn't been killing teams the first two periods, so some tough games not seen on the final score card.

Hingham goalie has the advantage .What's that old saying, to get to the goalie you have to go Thu the forwards and the defence first.

SM goalie get to practice with there big guns everyday, doesn't hurt to see those shots everyday.

Going to be a great game!

Nice to see life back in the board. I almost starting looking for my softball glove.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Magellan--

You looking for some yearly cash in that softball glove?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustup4. Show dustup4's posts

SMH 5 Woburn 0
    SMH 5 HHS 1

*ck AC game predict 7-1Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

The SMH goalie played Woburn Youth Hockey growing up with many of the Tanners, which should bring out our A game. The girls will step it up against the former WYH Tanner star.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

We shall see. I will say that it seems like you guys are playing better hockey these days, don't know if it will be good enough though or if you even have enough firepower to get into a scoring dual with SMH.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

Sportsdad23,
    Good luck tonight, of all the games SM plays we all wonder what the Woburn coach will come up with to tip the scares Woburn way, then in Frank SM thrust.

These two coaches know each other like brothers, I think when one looks for an advantage the other see that and sends in counter attacks.

Many of the SM girls know BM from different camps in Wilmington or even the  Shamrocks program.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Magellann/AB,

Tonight's game is a learning opportunity for Coach M's young team. Last year in Lynn the game did not go well, and at the Garden we could not generate many shots on net. Woburn lost many quality seniors, and this season started slow, but our game has improved, and tonight we will know how far we have to go.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cager. Show cager's posts

Sometimes the two sides of this sport don't cross over to see what the other side is doing.

Thought this should be brought to the attention of the Girls side.  Check the Heralds     In the Slot    blog for details on the Injury to Norwood's Matt Brown.

For further updates, check the Facebook page      Pray For Matt Brown #3

The support from the hockey community has been awesome. 

Finally, an example of why Character may be the most important element in a coach;

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/view/20100127this_tragedy_had_no_bad_guys/srvc=home&position=1