EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

It was a great game, the game was tilted  a little bit SM way, SM had more shots, but not by a big margin. Hingham had many good chances and either SM D broke them up or the goalie stopped them. Hingham had there chances, twice they had 5-3 for more than a minute each time and came away with nothing. the crowd had a lot of young ladyies from many different youth programs.

Great game

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

hey ddsahc  wat about the law ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Woburn 2 Wakefield 2:

Woburn again played nine and ran out of gas giving up two goals late in the third.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymomof3. Show hockeymomof3's posts

Rocketfan:
    I agree with your opinion of the Reading/Beverly game
    .I thought both teams were physical, had some friends with me who have young daughters in Reading program first HS game for them they were not expecting that style of game. Depends on teams and what refs let go.
    I also agree that Reading outskated us most of the game. We came off a rough 3 week haitus without any quality games played. I thought this was going to bite us worse than it did we picked it up in the third, just not enough shots on your net. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

Score from tonite:  Reading 2 Vs Winchester 2
    Ok here I go with all do RESPECT.....this game was one of the worst officiated game I seen in a long time!  These two ref's thought they were doing a boys game! letting far too much contact and stick work.One Ref's favorite signal (for a no call) was to clap his hands (to signal incidental contact) which he did quit a bit of, I bet he had blisters on his hands at the end of this game! The Ref's have to be taught there's a difference between the two games and with regards to our fellow Middlesex team Winchester, let me say that you play a dirty style of hockey and you will push the envelope and that's where the officials have to know the rules of girls hockey. Winchester is IMHO is second next to Andover when it come to that style... ABGF, i've seen Andover play for the last seven years and I agree with you about that type of play....  We all ( I'm one of them now!) complain about the officials doing these games what is the FIX ?? For the record  before the start of this game I thought we would lose this game, but the girls step up and got a much needed point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

rocketfan:  grassroots is what its all about.  Its time for the people in this blog to put their money where there pens are.  This is a big enough forum to put together a group of people and request a meeting with the MIAA.  I know most will have negative statements about dealing with the MIAA but before you discount it, realize that whether we like it or not, THEY are the people in charge, making the decision to send unqualified refs to games, which are now putting the skaters at risk. 

If done correctly, it will work.  The MIAA has to start to listen, but the key is in the numbers.  2 people sitting with the commitee wont work, they need to see large crowds of people, that is when they listen.

A first step would be to have a person at each rink, during practices, asking parents to sign a petition expressing they agree that the refs are a problem.  That way the MIAA will see that its not just a few loud mouths upset they lost a game, its about safety. 

As the girls game continues to grow, whether by numbers or talent, it is necessary to have the MIAA grow with it.  They are still treating girls hockey as if it was a few club teams who don't care.  They need a wake up call...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Good morning all.  Just wanted to change it up a bit.  I totally agree the refs can poorly officiate girls games and I like what hillsideoldtimer is preaching but I am staying away from ref talk.  There are about two weeks left of conference/league play and there are some nice battles shaping up.

Bay State - Framingham V Braintree should decide it as Braintree has no tough opponents left but Framingham still has to travel to Walpole.

GBL - Springfield and Shrewsbury are the leaders, Springfield should win out but Shrewsbury still has Medford on the schedule and that could be a game.

Merrimack/Dual Large - Arlington V AB could be the spot where AB makes their move.  Both teams still have a tough Bill team and Arlington has Andover who has been playing good hockey.

Merrimack/Dual Small - This one could be real interesting.  LS and Waltham are the leaders and both have easy roads ahead except they both have Newton South, yes I said it Newton South.  South has taking care of league business and still have both LS and Waltham left on their schedule.  At the very least they could be a spoiler but if they find a way to win out...

North Cape - Bev v Lynn should crown the champ, I believe the tied first meeting.  Lynn does have a gritty Everett team left.  If Bev and Lynn faulter, Everett is not far behind.

Southeastern GHL South - Duxbury V Sandwhich, the winner should get the league.  Sandwhich does have WH left but I feel they will get by them.

As far as the D1 tourney is shaping up, 23 teams have a .600 or better winning percentage.  Reading, LS and Wake I think will make it.  The question, does AP make it?  They are 5-7-3 and should win their next two (7-7-3) and then have Mary's, Woburn and Winchester.  Playing the 7th toughest schedule in the state, I hope they find a way to get in.

AC V Wakefield tonight.  I'm not great with predictions but I like AC in this one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

First: 11/24/2009
    Last: 2/1/2010
    I BELIEVE ITS TIME FOR 3 DIVISIONS.

NO TEAM SHOULD BE 0-XX. iT JUST DISCOURGES GIRLS FROM THE SPORT

Sleeper, I agree going 0-XX is not fun.  I actually played for an 0-20 boys hockey team some time ago.  I will say we were not discouraged.  We gave 110 percent every night and were close to winning some games.  The one thing that did upset us was when teams ran it up on us.  We lost 18-0 in a game, I've never seen a score that high in girls or boys since or before then.  We shook off the loses and I enjoyed playing even when we lose.  Again, when teams ran it up, it was not much fun.  I see the same with the girls team I follow now, never get real down on loses and never too high on wins.  There is something to be said for being part of a hockey team, that is more than the scores of the games.  The locker room, the bus to away games, game day in school, practice.  I think its doing something you like or love with your friends. 

I do not think D3 is the answer, I feel that 73 teams is too few to go to a third division.  I think a more realist move is for those 0-xx teams to either go independent and schedule teams more their skill level or move down to JV till their program takes off.  I have no doubt that in the next 5-10 yrs we will see a D3, I just feel we need more teams to support a third division.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

AB
    I ventured out to the BL @Andover  game last week as it was close to my current  neck of the woods and I am originally from Boston. 
    Very physical, several non calls of boarding, checking etc. BL lost 4-2. Refs did a very poor job, as if it were a boys game. Not overly impressed with Andover although if they are allowed to play physical, they will cause problems for teams. Their D did do a good job. Latin had a 5 on three pwer play, but couldn't convert. Hard to get a read on Andover goalie as latin didn't get many quality chances

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greatestfan. Show greatestfan's posts

FYI: Chrissie Bowler from Hingham is 9 points away from scoring her 200th point in 4 years at Hingham High School.  She led Hingham to the D2 championship in her sophomore year, scoring 4 out of 6 goals in the game against Milton on a severly sprained ankle.  She was the high scorer for the entire tournament. She has led her team in points every year, but usually has more assists than goals due to her unselfish play.  She has been one of the strongest all around players in high school hockey since her Freshman year! She has 35 points thus far with 7 games and playoffs to go.  Definitely a contender for any Superteam!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Final Score from today

AB 5
    Boston Latin 1

I'll quickly recap it later on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

How about Maloof over in Norwood? I would think she should be in the mix for consideration at minimum.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

AC 5  Wakefield 4

Very fast paced game.  Thought that Wakefield played with great passion.  They Wakefield players seemed to execute the play their coach put forth.  AC won this game because of their depth and experience (staying calm throughout the game)  They did do some chasing a bit at the end of the first. Wakefield has several played with good skill and speed and proved to be a formidable opponent for everyone, should they get into the dance, by my observation they need 6 points with 6 games left with a difficult schedule ahead.

SMH 5  WHP 0
    Shrewsbury 5  Wilmington 0
    MAtignon/MSJA 6  BLA 4
    AB 5  BLA 1 (As previously reported by ABGF)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

First: 11/3/2009
    Last: 2/1/2010
    In 12 games this year Winthrop/Lynn have scored 44 goals. 23 of those goals have been scored in 2 games against Peabody. WOW
    As of right now they are 4 wins 0 losses and 5 ties in their confrence!
    Imagin being undefeated in your league and have no shot at winning it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bb257. Show bb257's posts

corrosive
    you have got to be kidding me.  besides the issues with the time keeper that game was called clean... as you stated BL got a 5-3 opportunity... I believe late in the game.

you are completely wrong in your observation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bb257. Show bb257's posts

ABGF
    someone once said " I want to play Andover because they play a very physical    (" not dirty") game and it will prep us for the tourney."
    that was your coach....  BF........   ugh !!... caveman...... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

To JZ hiphop

Superteams:

G Riley
    D Woodward

F Winters

These are a given.

I would not base selections strictly on points. The player you mentioned is a good one, but not superteam material IMHO.

In the running:

Soar AB F
    Sullivan AHS D
    Several SMH forwards
    Forward from Hingham( apologies as I can't remember her name at this time)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

To bb257

Opinions are just that. IMHO there were several boards/ slashes that were let go. BLS was not blameless either. There is a huge difference between angling  someone against the boards and a body check with hands around head level. That is the way I saw it. The 5-3 was actually poorly handled by the official as I thought it was deserving of only a single minor. Again MHO. The clock was let run too long in both the second and third period. Latin did not deserve to win as they made turnovers at key points in the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

BB257,

what is the cavemman comment for? Is this a Geico commercial?
    Reffing/timekeeping, so simple even a  caveman can do it.

We are all entitled to our opinions just as you are yours. As a neutral observer, I have no horse in the race. I have heard from several people about rough play by Andover

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

Hingham Forward is Ms Bowler, my apologies

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

Superteam Forwards - Bowler , Winters , Soar , Woodward , 

Defense - Sullivan , Macchione

Goal - Riley

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

Looks good Larry 1990, apologies again to Ms Bowler

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Don't you think it is a bit too early for this discussion there is still over a month left in the season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

hats off to WHP for keepiing it very clean in the SM game, same goes to HHS, even though both teams had several penalties, not many were direct intentional BS plays.

its interesting to see.......so many teams ask to get on the SM schedule, that out of the league/ range of ............??

as per the past several years, the coach and AD puts everyone on the sched, and gives them the game.  the score is up by 4-5 goals, then they start slashing and checking.  the coaches just stand there with a blank expression; no reprimand.    thats when I say.....you invited us ? now your gonna pull this ?  ok kids....see how you like losing by 9.

never have this problem with AB, HHS, Woburn, Fonte, the big teams.....ironic; yet disappointing to see.

Come to some of the blow out games and watch the parents behavior....and cheering the hard slashing and hits.....pathetic.

.........and what makes it more amazing is that the better players on all these teams all skate togather on teams in the off season, and mostly are pals.  Rarely see those cheap shots on thier pals, its the "parental hyped up" "children that are the infractors......

and in these blowouts, all the time, SM is rolling out the 3rd, 4th, and 1/2 fifth line.......while the studs are on the bench..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

JZHIp.

I see your point.
    I haven't seen every player, but I've seen alot and the waltham player would be more of an all star as opposed to super team. No disrespect to her . IMHO she is not in the top 3 forwards which uis what the super team should be.

SMH in addition to talent has class which reflects directly on the coach