EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

Hey BB

Why don't you actually watch an Andover game then maybe you can comment on something. Others on this forum have made the same comment that I have, so I guess we're all mistaken and you are all knowing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

AB

any recap of yesterdays game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Corrosive,

The game was of those 530 pm games at Matthews Arena. A long bus ride after school so I guess I expected them to come out sluggish, which they did. Neither team out much together in the first period. AB controlled the play the rest of the game. Scored three power play goals and the AB goalie again played very well stopping about 24 of 25. That is a bit concerning that we gave up that many shots in the past two games. She is used to seeing less that 10 per game. Second line played pretty well yesterday getting 2 of the 5 goals. So maybe the scoring slump is over. An interesting thing about the game yesterday, the normal Latin goalie did not play and was not on the bench, don't know if she was sick, but i did see her father there, although I did not speak with him yesterday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherhockeydad. Show anotherhockeydad's posts

Stupid question from a newbie

how many points or what is the formula to see if a team makes the state tournament?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerheightshigh. Show summerheightshigh's posts

abgirlsfan

something must not have registered, because the normal goalie for latin was on the bench and on the ice, if what i saw was correct, she actually scored the goal against your goalie.. number 30 ring a bell? ...

you also neglected to mention that the last 3 goals of the game were scored in the last 3 minutes of the game, when BLS had many confusing things going on with their players stepping out too early and playing the puck, and two penalties called on #20 when BLS had a 5-3 .. AB was only up 2-1 for most of the game

your girls should be so proud that they could ONLY score 5 goals on an 8th grade goalie ... she was the only reason BLS was kept in the game, she played a fantastic game, but im not surprised by your bias when giving the report

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Hey summer,

The way I see it is that AB controlled most of the play in that game, you cannot deny that. We have had trouble of late putting the puck into the net. Yesterday we beat a team that we are supposed to beat this year. For a couple of years you guys had the upper hand, it has turned as of now. As for the goalie, I did not know that was her out there, you'll have to forgive me for not noticing her without all of the goalie equipment on, but everyone out here knows of her as a goalie! The one thing that we can agree on is that there was some pretty strange officiating decisions late in that game, the refs seemed to have no idea whether it was 5 on 3 or 5 on 4. Does it really matter that the last 3 were in the last 3. The Latin girls were in the box and AB made them pay for it. I'll have to take exception with your comment about the 8th grader in goal. It doesn't matter what grade she's in, if some team scored 12 would you say the same thing? I doubt it, you'd be saying they ran up the score on an 8th grader.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

to AB,

I have heard from Latin supporters that the senior goalie has skated out the last few games and has done pretty good. I saw BL play Andover and she skated well and scored in that game. I assume she played yesterday?

To summer heights high.

I did not see yesterdays game as I try to avoid city traffic. If as you say it was 3-1 for most of the game, then Latin must have made a few strides towards being more competitive. I have no idea whether AB 's analysis is correct, but I have no reason to doubt him. He is usually very candid about whether his team plays well or not. 
    Again, I did not witness the game so I can't comment on the officiating.
    As for the 8th grade BL goalie, great for her. Her predecessor has been keeping them in games for a number of seasons having started every game since seventh grade( or so I am told). I do not see AB fan gloating etc. Do you think teams should go lightly depending on the age of the goalie? Not sure  of your point. Not sure of your anger towards AB? You yourself stated that Latin had too many players and one played the puck. Too many men , where's the beef

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Anotherhockeydad

It takes a minimum of 20 points to secure a berth in the tournament.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

BL's regular goalie has been going back and forth for the past couple of seasons on whether she wants to continue in net or skate out.  She's been fortunate in her club program that there are enough goalies in her age bracket that are solid that she's been able to pick and choose which games she plays net and which she skates out.  The 8th grade goalie plays for the same club program and sees many more shots during her club games so she's used to it and is adjusting to the higher level of play expected from her now that she is getting game time at BL. She like the Sr. goalie has been on varsity since 7th grade, but has only played minimal time until this year. She'll be fine, she's a horse and loves what she does, if anything she puts too much pressure on herself and can be her own worst enemy at times.  Love that kid though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Corrosive

Let me fill you in on the caveman comment. In the first place it really made no sense unless the is such a thing a reverse cavemanism.
    It came from bb when I was praising these two women refs we had four our game last week. They did the best job I have seen in a long time at a girls hockey game. I also made the comment they played the game and ref it at the ECAC level and that's why they worked so good together and even suggest that the MIAA use them in the finals at the Garden. I said that I would much prefer ot have them in a game than the 75 yr old guy what can't skate. BB decided on his/her own the referring a girls gme is harder than a boys game and in indeed the hardest thign to do in hockey. Then threw out the caveman thing whatever it was suppose to mean, it made no sense and had no relevance, which I why I haven't commented on it up to this point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bb257. Show bb257's posts

Corrosive - would have to disagree on the 5 - 3.  There were two separate calls made.... a hook.. down low and a body check as BL came up ice..... but just MHO

the caveman comment was for ABGF.... he wants to go back to the days of segregation and only have women ref ....women's games... just poking a little fun.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bb257. Show bb257's posts

Hey BB

Why don't you actually watch an Andover game then maybe you can comment on something. Others on this forum have made the same comment that I have, so I guess we're all mistaken and you are all knowing

ABGF   that is soo funny i fell off my dinosaur.
    and as SGT Shultz woiuld say "I know nothing!"
    chill out big boy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Whatever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyc16. Show billyc16's posts

larry you got it right on those defenseman. machionne has filled the shoes of smith and taken over the defense leadership role on smh and should be recognized for it. its about time someone opened there eyes. also the sullivan girl is great.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Anotherhockeydad:
    here is the way you qualify for the tournament
    95.3 Qualification: For all team tournaments utilizing winning percentage

95.3.1 A team must have a minimum winning percentage of fifty (50%) of games played with any and all MIAA member schools and out of state schools that are members in good standing of their own state high school association.

95.3.2 In leagues where a team's schedule is comprised of more than seventy percent (70%) of higher division schools, and there is no small and large breakout, all league and non-league contests played against equal and/or lower divisions may solely be considered in the fifty percent (50%) qualifying criteria. Schools may also access the 70% tournament qualifying opportunity if a league is aligned by enrollment BUT the league requires cross-scheduling to the extent that at least 70% of the school’s total required opponents are in a higher tournament division.

95.3.3 All league champions, regardless of winning percentage. This includes co-championships.

95.3.4 Runner-up or multi-runners-up in leagues of five or more teams, provided the league has a single champion. In the case of multi-champions, no runner-up will automatically qualify.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Light schedule tonight
    Austin Prep 2  Notre Dame Academy 0
    Ursuline 6  Archbishop Williams 2
    Dover/Sherborn 2  Medway 1
    Newton North 3  Weymouth 0

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

I think the debate about superteam players based on goals and points is not quite accurate........one needs to take into account opponents and goals/assists in those games.  ie:  Winters scored 5 goals v Hingham.....those were pretty tough goals against the best opponent; surely they have to have added value.  other players...Soar from AB, those goals are coming against high quality competiton.....so here is what I propose:

similar to the BCS rankings,

Icing 2 should break down each top 50 scorers, and assign weight to the goals and assists based on ranked quality of the opponent.  If u scored v SM, HHS, or top 10 teams based on thier strenght of schedule, not you have some meaning towards those points.

Same thing for top 20 rankings.  I would love to see the strenght of schedule used to rate the........at least  top 10. 

please get this done by Sunday night...tks Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

me also thinks Ghockey needs to work some OT after tonight...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Icing-

I agree with paycheck, that looks like a nice easy project for you!!Sealed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

here is a lot of what you are looking for on this spreadsheet...what is interesting is everyones record against each other in the top 10
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tX21ydvYehLZHrmyPT_5IqQ&output=html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

.......Peabody slipped 3 spots last week...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Icing-

Damn paycheck seemed to make it too easy for you. That was a really quick solution.

AB vs Billerica   3:15 pm Valley Sports in Concord.

The rematch and the revenge. The girls are fired up for this one, the believe there is no way they should have lost last week against this team. I expect a completely different outcome this time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from big-fat-liar. Show big-fat-liar's posts

First: 12/17/2008
    Last: 2/2/2010
    Superteam Forwards - Bowler , Winters , Soar , Woodward , 

Defense - Sullivan , Macchione

Goal - Riley
    great team but you forgot-  forwards McAndrews,White ,Ianetti and Defense- Spurling

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

That is a really good list but keep in mind, the Dream Team Awards are traditionall given to seniors. Last year Winters made it as a junior and was well deserving of it, but it is mostly a senior award.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from above-the-law. Show above-the-law's posts

FYI McAndrews was on the Dream Team last year.  Last year she had better numbers; but this year is taking on more of a leadership role doing more defense work on power plays and forechecking and assisting for other players.  Last year was a great year for her; but this year it is just a different role.

White is also having a great year and well deserving.  Iannetti still has another year but is a very, very talented player.  I expect Div. I for her when it is her turn.

Sections
Shortcuts