6 Arlington

7/8 Braintree and Framingham coin flip

9 AB

10 Lynn or Barnstable coin flip if they both win, otherwise Lynn 10

If Braintree lose and AB and Beverly win

6/7 Arlington and AB flip coin

8/9 Framingham and Braintree flip coin

10 Beverly

I have looked if games end in a tie but I won’t bother you with that info just yet. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    MIAA Girls D1 Projections 1-10 Seeds   1-5 are locked  Mary’s Lexington Shrewsbury Springfield Hingham   If Braintree, AB and Beverly win   6 Braintree 7/8 Arlington and AB flip coin 9 Beverly 10 Framingham   If Braintree, AB win and Beverly loses   6 Braintree 7/8 Arlington and AB flip 9 Framingham 10 Lynn or Barnstable coin flip if they both win, otherwise Lynn 10   If Braintree and Beverly win and AB loses   6 Braintree 7 Arlington 8/9 AB and Beverly flip coin 10 Framingham   If Braintree wins and AB and Beverly lose   6 Braintree 7 Arlington 8 AB 9 Framingham 10 Lynn or Barnstable coin flip if both win, otherwise Lynn 10   If Braintree loses and AB and Beverly win   6/7 Arlington and AB coin flip 8/9 Framingham and Braintree coin flip 10 Beverly   If Braintree and AB lose and Beverly win 6 Arlington 7/8 Braintree and Framingham coin flip 9/10 AB and Beverly coin flip   If Braintree and Beverly lose and AB wins   6/7 Arlington and AB flip coin 8/9 Braintree and Framingham coin flip 10 Lynn or Barnstable flip coin if they both win, otherwise Lynn 10   If Braintree, Beverly and AB lose   6 Arlington 7/8 Braintree and Framingham coin flip 9 AB 10 Lynn or Barnstable coin flip if they both win, otherwise Lynn 10   If Braintree lose and AB and Beverly win   6/7 Arlington and AB flip coin 8/9 Framingham and Braintree flip coin 10 Beverly   I have looked if games end in a tie but I won’t bother you with that info just yet.      
    Posted by goodtime19

holy crap dude, that is some good work there!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

okay, here is the bottom seeds, a lot more clustered.

Reading and or AP coin flip for 27/26 or Reading is 26 and AP is out

Woburn, Wakefield and Everett are underdogs in their last games.  Woburn has only shot in my eyes to win or tie.  If all LOSE its coin flip for 25-23.

Hudson should lose to Shrewsbury meaning they finish with .575 and tied with Billerica, guess what... its a coin flip for 22 and 21

AC is alone at 20 and unless Woburn or any other team in that cluster win AC will have no coin flip

Medford, Marblehead and Andover coin flip and if Medway LOSES to Dedham they join the coin flip.  I think Dedham will win so 19 - 16 coin flip

LS should be alone at 15

Waltham should be 14

If Franklin beats Marshfield and I am going with they will they are 13

I think Barnstable wins their last game and Lynn is a toss up V Beverly

Waltham could move up if their is an upset or Lynn loses to Beverly

What does all this mean???

NOTHING, ITS ALL COIN FLIPS.  You can only get 4 or 5 possible opponents from this.  Oh well, gave me something to do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

Goodtime19 is a maniac !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Holy crap, my brain is mud now after reading all the scenarios. Good luck to everyone!

On another note, finaly got the recap of the MSC game from the kid.  She said it was actually a really, really good game. One of those games where the score doesn't tell the real story. It was 1-0 going into the 3rd with play going back and forth.  MSC girls pass incredibly well and took advantage of about a 2 minute breakdown in the 3rd to score 3 quick goals making it 4-0.  Framingham girls got their heads back together and got back to it defensively to hold them off from scoring any more, but just couldn't put the puck in the net when they had their chances.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

My daughters team played in that tournament in 2007 (with Austin and St Mary's)  It actually could of played havoc on the MIAA seeds eventhough the game was not played inder MIAA rules (3-12 minute periods).  It was laid out funny, They try to do a nice job and you got to love the chain link side walls. IMHO it would be a better tournament if it was Sat Sun and championship on Monday.  Anyway my .02 cents, glad you enjoyed it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

My daughters team played in that tournament in 2007 (with Austin and St Mary's)  It actually could of played havoc on the MIAA seeds eventhough the game was not played inder MIAA rules (3-12 minute periods).  It was laid out funny, They try to do a nice job and you got to love the chain link side walls. IMHO it would be a better tournament if it was Sat Sun and championship on Monday.  Anyway my .02 cents, glad you enjoyed it.
    Posted by Icing-2

Chain link side walls, do they play that thing in a prison?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

Goodtime19 is a maniac !!!
    Posted by Paycheck4

I second that!  I've got a popsicle headache trying to figure this out.
    Strap your selves in were going for a ride. Nice job Goodtime19

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Icing - yes, the chain link side walls instead of glass was an interesting 1st for her.    Agree that Sat/Sun with Championship on Monday would be a much better set up, but overall as far as my daughter was concerned anyway, she had a great time, played 2 competitive games of hockey, had a nice lunch and a nice dinner and spent 2 days with her team.  In her world, it was perfect. 

Don't understand either how it affects the MIAA seedings when they aren't playing MIAA teams or rules, but it somehow does and only depending on if the MA teams play certain teams, not necessarily all that are entered. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Icing - yes, the chain link side walls instead of glass was an interesting 1st for her.    Agree that Sat/Sun with Championship on Monday would be a much better set up, but overall as far as my daughter was concerned anyway, she had a great time, played 2 competitive games of hockey, had a nice lunch and a nice dinner and spent 2 days with her team.  In her world, it was perfect.  Don't understand either how it affects the MIAA seedings when they aren't playing MIAA teams or rules, but it somehow does and only depending on if the MA teams play certain teams, not necessarily all that are entered. 
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule

Do these games using the RI rules count toward your record or your MIAA point total? That's the only way I could see that it would matter. Games are shorter, MIAA might have an issue with that along with teams that do not comply with MIAA rules? Who knows, and does it really matter? I'm more concerned about pace plants into the chain link fence! Who was the ref Cool Hand Luck!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Do these games using the RI rules count toward your record or your MIAA point total? That's the only way I could see that it would matter. Games are shorter, MIAA might have an issue with that along with teams that do not comply with MIAA rules? Who knows, and does it really matter? I'm more concerned about pace plants into the chain link fence! Who was the ref Cool Hand Luck!
    Posted by abgirlsfan

Well AB you need to win this next game and then need to win that coin flip or get some help. Either way you gotta get out of that 8 spot or your facing an early encounter with the Saints , then Hingham if you got lucky, then Lexington. WOW. Even the 9 spot is a disaster.

What about the Saints. Should the coach pull a COLTS and rest his starters. Let the JVS have the game with Wakefield and a tie or loss would shoot you away from Hingham into the easier bracket. Is that really wrong? The COLTS did it for they said the final Championship game was their only goal. If that's the Saints main goal then over to the other side and let Hingham and Lexington battle it out for the other spot in the Garden.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 :  Well AB you need to win this next game and then need to win that coin flip or get some help. Either way you gotta get out of that 8 spot or your facing an early encounter with the Saints , then Hingham if you got lucky, then Lexington. WOW. Even the 9 spot is a disaster. What about the Saints. Should the coach pull a COLTS and rest his starters. Let the JVS have the game with Wakefield and a tie or loss would shoot you away from Hingham into the easier bracket. Is that really wrong? The COLTS did it for they said the final Championship game was their only goal. If that's the Saints main goal then over to the other side and let Hingham and Lexington battle it out for the other spot in the Garden.
    Posted by jzhiphop07

I know. I am a huge Framingham fan today. I wish that game was not at about the same time as ours. hockeymom could you text me and let me know whats going?

hockeymom, please check your messages. Thanks

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

AB would ya believe I left my flipping phone on the kitchen counter this morning? I feel so lost without it. Best I can do is get back home after the game and let ya know what the outcome was on here or via email.  Will be getting to the game about mid-way through the 1st period as it is by the time I get from town back to Framingham.  Well okay, I could go home 1st, but that would mean missing the whole 1st period and I don't wanna. LOL If I manage to sneak out of here earlier than my boss said I could than I'll swing by the house and pick up the phone before going to the rink.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Do these games using the RI rules count toward your record or your MIAA point total? That's the only way I could see that it would matter. Games are shorter, MIAA might have an issue with that along with teams that do not comply with MIAA rules? Who knows, and does it really matter? I'm more concerned about pace plants into the chain link fence! Who was the ref Cool Hand Luck!

Framingham's RI games DO COUNT toward MIAA seeding as do Hingham's and Duxbury's.  Framingham's games were 3-15 min periods.  In RI, half of the girls teams votes for 12 min periods and the other half 15 so when teams that votes for the 15 play each other, its 15 and when a 12 plays a 15 its 12 min periods.  Do not know why that is but I know some refs in RI.  As far as the MIAA, teams playing out of state teams need to submit a form to the MIAA and then they decided prior to the contest if they will accept it as a MIAA recognized game.  I have no idea what the MIAA considers when making these decisions.  But I have been informed both Framingham games count as well as Hingham and Duxbury's games with Bay View.

It is funny that ABfan you are pulling for Framingham as I think Framingham fans are pulling for a Woburn win so that they have a coin flip chance at 7 seed if they win and would not have to see Woburn in prelim rounds as Woburn would move up to 20 or 21.

Good luck to all today.  The Cougar Classic should have some great games today, I plan on catching a D2 gem between Sandwich and Milton.  D2 bubble teams  D-S and Marshfield have their work cut out as D-S gets Medfield and Marshfield has Branstable.  Nice win by Marshfield over D1 Franklin to even make this possible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slowbutquick. Show slowbutquick's posts

saw arlington play Canton in a scrimmage yesterday.  Thought Arlington was just going to roll over the Div 2 Canton.....Other way around...  Good wake up call for Arlington so they should be ready to play...surprised by Canton who was able to skate at times easily around Arlingtons best Defense....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Do these games using the RI rules count toward your record or your MIAA point total? That's the only way I could see that it would matter. Games are shorter, MIAA might have an issue with that along with teams that do not comply with MIAA rules? Who knows, and does it really matter? I'm more concerned about pace plants into the chain link fence! Who was the ref Cool Hand Luck! Framingham's RI games DO COUNT toward MIAA seeding as do Hingham's and Duxbury's.  Framingham's games were 3-15 min periods.  In RI, half of the girls teams votes for 12 min periods and the other half 15 so when teams that votes for the 15 play each other, its 15 and when a 12 plays a 15 its 12 min periods.  Do not know why that is but I know some refs in RI.  As far as the MIAA, teams playing out of state teams need to submit a form to the MIAA and then they decided prior to the contest if they will accept it as a MIAA recognized game.  I have no idea what the MIAA considers when making these decisions.  But I have been informed both Framingham games count as well as Hingham and Duxbury's games with Bay View. It is funny that ABfan you are pulling for Framingham as I think Framingham fans are pulling for a Woburn win so that they have a coin flip chance at 7 seed if they win and would not have to see Woburn in prelim rounds as Woburn would move up to 20 or 21. Good luck to all today.  The Cougar Classic should have some great games today, I plan on catching a D2 gem between Sandwich and Milton.  D2 bubble teams  D-S and Marshfield have their work cut out as D-S gets Medfield and Marshfield has Branstable.  Nice win by Marshfield over D1 Franklin to even make this possible.
    Posted by goodtime19

Thanks for all of the good information the past couple of days. I appreciate all of the work. I am pulling hard for Framingham, but of course, none of it really matters much if we don't win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

Here are my knee jerk reactions to all of the info posted above. Some are stating the obvious

1. Good teams get penalized for playing a strong schedule in the seeding

2. In some cases , teams seem to qualify by playing a weak schedule or by being in a weak league.

3. A couple of teams who won't qualify would do well against a good portion of the qualifying field( Not the elite teams)

4. I predict a few of the higher seeds will exit early, based on their weak schedule.

Again nothing new here. I have no child playing so I try to be as neutral as possible. Just seems wrong when teams who play all comers get lower seeds.
    I would like to resurrect my tier system idea. If you finish 1-4in  D-2 or you move up to d-1.  The last 4  schools recordwise in D-1 move down( are relegated to D-2.) If they have a successful year in D2 they have a chance to move back up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

It's going to be a long ride out to West Springfield for Hingham don'tcha think? How long of a ride is that any ways.....They (Hingham) have played the toughest schedule and they (maybe) would have to travel the furtherest.. do I have that right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from above-the-law. Show above-the-law's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 :  Well AB you need to win this next game and then need to win that coin flip or get some help. Either way you gotta get out of that 8 spot or your facing an early encounter with the Saints , then Hingham if you got lucky, then Lexington. WOW. Even the 9 spot is a disaster. What about the Saints. Should the coach pull a COLTS and rest his starters. Let the JVS have the game with Wakefield and a tie or loss would shoot you away from Hingham into the easier bracket. Is that really wrong? The COLTS did it for they said the final Championship game was their only goal. If that's the Saints main goal then over to the other side and let Hingham and Lexington battle it out for the other spot in the Garden.
    Posted by jzhiphop07

Knowing this coach - I don't think he will sit the starters.  For one thing it is senior night and should be a big crowd.  Secondly, they are playing Wakefield where he use to coach.  From being around this coach for 5 years - he doesn' take any games off.  Senior night he usually plays all seniors at the end of the game and those are most of your premier players.  I could be wrong; but I would be very surprised.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Knowing this coach - I don't think he will sit the starters.  For one thing it is senior night and should be a big crowd.  Secondly, they are playing Wakefield where he use to coach.  From being around this coach for 5 years - he doesn' take any games off.  Senior night he usually plays all seniors at the end of the game and those are most of your premier players.  I could be wrong; but I would be very surprised.
    Posted by above-the-law

Well he certainly isn't going to sit them but looking at how your seeding is going to end up it would be foolish not to want to end up on the other side. The way I look at it only 2 teams have the best chance of knocking off SMH. That's Hingham and Lexington. Hingham has played SMH tough and a 3rd time around sometimes is the magic number. One thing for certain is SMH's bracket now will have Hingham and may also have AB too so it's going to be the toughest bracket for sure. Could this year end up with Hingham playing Austins past role and knocking off SMH and Lexington playing AC's old role of beating Hingham and winning the title without ever facing SMH? It's quite possible....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

AB - text should be on your phone by now.

Framingham did their part.

Framingham 3
    Braintree 0

I'm thinking the Braintree coach may be regretting his words in their article the other day. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bb257. Show bb257's posts

saw arlington play Canton in a scrimmage yesterday.  Thought Arlington was just going to roll over the Div 2 Canton.....Other way around...  Good wake up call for Arlington so they should be ready to play...surprised by Canton who was able to skate at times easily around Arlingtons best Defense....
    Posted by slowbutquick

i think there is a little bit of a discrepancy here.... but i could be wrong cause i rec'd my pompous a@@ degree from BHCC and not university of caveman, anyway... Arlington approached  this game  exactly for what  it was... "a scrimmage"  they played everyone.. 4-lines... seemed like Canton thought it was the 7th game of the stanley cup
    .... Arlington will be fine...... ugh ugh

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Thanks Framingham for doing you part we appreciate it, too bad we couldn't follow it up with a strong win. Final score AB 3   Woburn 3   AB gave up the tying goal with 40 secs left in the game. Un F*%&*(*% believable. I'll have to go look up what goodtime did and see if ties were in the mix.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

MIAA Girls D1 Projections 1-10 Seeds   1-5 are locked  Mary’s Lexington Shrewsbury Springfield Hingham   If Braintree, AB and Beverly win   6 Braintree 7/8 Arlington and AB flip coin 9 Beverly 10 Framingham   If Braintree, AB win and Beverly loses   6 Braintree 7/8 Arlington and AB flip 9 Framingham 10 Lynn or Barnstable coin flip if they both win, otherwise Lynn 10   If Braintree and Beverly win and AB loses   6 Braintree 7 Arlington 8/9 AB and Beverly flip coin 10 Framingham   If Braintree wins and AB and Beverly lose   6 Braintree 7 Arlington 8 AB 9 Framingham 10 Lynn or Barnstable coin flip if both win, otherwise Lynn 10   If Braintree loses and AB and Beverly win   6/7 Arlington and AB coin flip 8/9 Framingham and Braintree coin flip 10 Beverly   If Braintree and AB lose and Beverly win 6 Arlington 7/8 Braintree and Framingham coin flip 9/10 AB and Beverly coin flip   If Braintree and Beverly lose and AB wins   6/7 Arlington and AB flip coin 8/9 Braintree and Framingham coin flip 10 Lynn or Barnstable flip coin if they both win, otherwise Lynn 10   If Braintree, Beverly and AB lose   6 Arlington 7/8 Braintree and Framingham coin flip 9 AB 10 Lynn or Barnstable coin flip if they both win, otherwise Lynn 10   If Braintree lose and AB and Beverly win   6/7 Arlington and AB flip coin 8/9 Framingham and Braintree flip coin 10 Beverly   I have looked if games end in a tie but I won’t bother you with that info just yet.      
    Posted by goodtime19

You may please bother me with that info now concerning ties as my head is spinning and cannot look at any more numbers! Thanks

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slowbutquick. Show slowbutquick's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : i think there is a little bit of a discrepancy here.... but i could be wrong cause i rec'd my pompous a@@ degree from BHCC and not university of caveman, anyway... Arlington approached  this game  exactly for what  it was... "a scrimmage"  they played everyone.. 4-lines... seemed like Canton thought it was the 7th game of the stanley cup .... Arlington will be fine...... ugh ugh
    Posted by bb257

Arlington played only two lines in the third period and scored once, I only watched 1/2 the second and third...Canton played two and a half lines the whole game, they shortened the bench but not by that much...I would hope the girls played hard, its the time of the year to play hard....taking a team for granted is not a good sign, hopefully they learnt their lesson...

Sections
Shortcuts