EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

SM will not lay down, if there is a hint of that happening, heads would roll.  That coach has way too much integrity to even let something unsavory enter the picture....

.....ah...it senior night, they have not lost in 3 years, the whole school will be there, lets throw the game ???  for seedings.......

I would rather have a seperate division with the real top 8, and have to beat the best in a row to win.

************* anything can happen, not looking forward for another month to play down 27 teams.  seems long and excessive.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

27 teams is a weekend event at NESC Sealed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

here is the update.

Arlington get the 6th seed with a .800

AB, Framingham and Braintree coin flip for 7, 8, 9 seed.  The 7 seed is the big one as it is in the Lexington Bracket and could see the 10 seed in the first round.

Regarding the coin flip for three teams, not sure how they do it.  I think it is A v B flip, A v C flip, then B v C flip and then tally the results.

If Beverly wins or ties against Lynn they get the 10 seed.  If they lose then Lynn is 10.

So bellow is assuming Mary's beats Wakefield.  Bev v Lynn and Barnstable's last game are not factored in.  This is 02_18 updates again assuming Mary's wins.  If there are multiple seeds next to a team it means coin flip and they could be any one of those seeds.

Records

Overall

TEAM

WON

LOST

TIED

Seed

Coin

Flip

Win%

St Marys Lynn

Lexington

Shrewsbury

Springfield Cathedral

Hingham

Arlington

Braintree

Acton-Boxboro

Framingham

Beverly/Gloucester

Winthrop/Lynn

Barnstable

Waltham

Franklin

Lincoln-Sudbury

Andover

Marblehead/Swampscott

Medford

Medway/Ashland

Arlington Catholic

Algonquin/Hudson

Billerica

Woburn

Wakefield

Everett

Reading

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

I saw the scrimmage and Arlington did play all 4 lines the WHOLE game, and it was a playoff atmosphere, at least on the Canton side of the rink. Not your every day scrimmage! But as far as the Canton girls they played a great game, the fans/parents kind of went over board for just a scrimmage. 

WT

Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Arlington played only two lines in the third period and scored once, I only watched 1/2 the second and third...Canton played two and a half lines the whole game, they shortened the bench but not by that much...I would hope the girls played hard, its the time of the year to play hard....taking a team for granted is not a good sign, hopefully they learnt their lesson...
    Posted by slowbutquick

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

Goodtime19,
    i know I'm asking a lot but what would the brackets look like with these seedings?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

Goodtimes19, Again great job !
    what if AP get in on friday ? there will be 27 teams qualified, does that mean the top 5 teams get byes? and both AP & Reading will flip a coin for the 26 & 27 seeds correct.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bb257. Show bb257's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Arlington played only two lines in the third period and scored once, I only watched 1/2 the second and third...Canton played two and a half lines the whole game, they shortened the bench but not by that much...I would hope the girls played hard, its the time of the year to play hard....taking a team for granted is not a good sign, hopefully they learnt their lesson...
    Posted by slowbutquick
    i hope they did....but not sure there is a lesson except learnt is not a word..... anyhoot...isn't Canton the team who jumped down to D2 because they couldn't compete in D1... or wanted to win win win........i seem to remember somewhat of a heated discussion about that... 2 years ago.

will there be a pool this year?
    I think a death pool... pick a winner and continue...lose and you are done.... the only wrinkle would be that you can't pick SMH to win only pick against them..... and that is only if you have been drinking....
    ugh ugh ugh
    well left my dinosaur running so have to go.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hcky2. Show hcky2's posts

hockeymomsrule:

How was the game against Braintree/details?  Did they play very physical?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

If there is a pool,

I like Hingham, lotsa heart in that team, they are physical and strong.

Second pick if you get two, is Arlington, because for some reason most don't like them, plus they will peak at the right time, like next week!

Quick one and dones;

A/B, Talented team, but don't play as a team.

Shrewsbury, not sure why they are rated so high,but they won't last.

St. Marys (ya in my dreams!!)

WT

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

Thanks Framingham for doing you part we appreciate it, too bad we couldn't follow it up with a strong win. Final score AB 3   Woburn 3   AB gave up the tying goal with 40 secs left in the game. Un F*%&*(*% believable. I'll have to go look up what goodtime did and see if ties were in the mix.
    Posted by abgirlsfan

Man alive AB you had it in the palm of your hands. #7 seed probably playing Beverly in the 1st round and at worse just playing Lexington. If you guys don't win that darn flip you be facing all your pals from St. Marys sooner than you'd like with Hing and Lex next if your lucky. You might be on the Southern Maine Express sooner than you'd like. Only kidding please everybody!! You better find Mudwife and ask her for her lucky 2 headed coin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Thanks Framingham for doing you part we appreciate it, too bad we couldn't follow it up with a strong win. Final score AB 3   Woburn 3   AB gave up the tying goal with 40 secs left in the game. Un F*%&*(*% believable. I'll have to go look up what goodtime did and see if ties were in the mix.
    Posted by abgirlsfan

AB:
    Woburn missed an open net shot wide left in the first which cost them the game!
    Hope we play again in the tournament.

Hockeymom:
    Depending on the coin toss we may meet in the first round.

Good luck to all!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : AB: Woburn missed an open net shot wide left in the first which cost them the game! Hope we play again in the tournament. Hockeymom: Depending on the coin toss we may meet in the first round. Good luck to all!
    Posted by Sportsdad23

As a matter of fact, they missed tw open nets, and we missed many opportunities at the other end, all in all it was a pretty sloppy game. We'll just have to see what happens I guess.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Hcky2 - it was a great game.  The type of game that should have been played against them the 1st time around but we just didn't have the enough healthy players to get it done. Not an excuse, just a fact, 1st time we played them we had 1 just back from mono, 1 back from pnuemonia, 1 with the flu and 1 with a sinus infection/strep and I think there was a sprained ankle in there somewhere too-when you only have 13 skaters to start with, having a full lines worth of players not even close to 100% is huge.  They played us physical but our girls had the health/strength to be able to play them physical back yesterday.  They came out fast and aggressive and got Braintree into the box within the first 10 seconds of the game and then scored in the first 20 seconds of the power play. They just kept at it from there, game was 2-0 going into the 3rd, once we got the 3rd you could see the air coming out of Braintree's sails, they were done and they weren't going to come back in this one.

Baystate still goes to Braintree though, they got it by 1 point. Makes 2 of those 3 ties that should have been wins hurt a little more when looking back at them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

sportsdad - yes that we could.  Could be interesting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

I left with Mary's up 7-2 going into 3rd so I have them down as a win v Wakefield.  I will put up a bracket this afternoon, you will probably see multiple teams on the same line.  That will represent the coin flip.  But for those itching while having their morning joe...

I will break it down now, I will name the top four seeds and then refer to it by the name of the school. Marys, Lexington, Shrewsbury and Springfield are 1-4 all with bye in Prelim.

Prelim round Mary's Bracket 1 seed
    16 seed Andover, Marblehead, Medford or Medway
    17 seed same teams above. 

8 seed AB, Braintree or Framingham
    25 seed Everett or Wakefield

9 seed AB, Braintree or Framingham
    24 seed Everett or Wakefield

Prelim Round Lexington Bracket 2 seed
    15 seed LS
    18 seed Andover, Marblehead, Medford or Medway

7 seed AB, Braintree or Framingham
    26 seed Reading

10 seed Beverly (has gm today)
    23 seed Woburn, Hudson or Billerica

Prelim Round Shrewsbury Bracket 3 seed
    14 seed Franklin
    19 seed Andover, Marblehead, Medford or Medway

6 seed Arlington
    Bye

11 seed Lynn (has game today)
    22 seed Woburn, Hudson or Billerica

Prelim Round Springfield Bracket 4 seed
    13 seed Waltham
    20 seed AC

5 seed Hingham
    Bye

12 seed Barnstable (has game today)
    21 seed Woburn, Hudson or Billerica

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

If AP makes tourney.  It is coin flip b/w AP and Reading for 27 and 26 seed.  Arlington DOES NOT get a bye and plays seed 27.

Also for what it is worth.  MIAA 100 percent coin flips for 2 teams tied in win percentage.  But more than one team....... Well, from what I have heard it is up to the guys that are there.  They could pick names out of hat, have a round robin of coin flips as I mentioned above or do something I don't know about.  I wish they had something published, maybe they do but I don't see it in the handbook.  I have talked to other school administers, coaches and refs.  I have received ten different answers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymomof3. Show hockeymomof3's posts

Goodtime..
    so are you saying win or lose Bev vs. Lynn
    will just flip spots from 10 to 11 vise versa?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Yes, a L gives Beverly a .0700 win percentage, win .750
    Lynn with a win finishes .722 and would take the 10 seed

A Lynn lose and a Barnstable win gives Lynn the 12, Barnstable the 11 and Bev. the 10.

Beverly can not finish lower than 11 seed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bb257. Show bb257's posts

I left with Mary's up 7-2 going into 3rd so I have them down as a win v Wakefield.  I will put up a bracket this afternoon, you will probably see multiple teams on the same line.  That will represent the coin flip.  But for those itching while having their morning joe... I will break it down now, I will name the top four seeds and then refer to it by the name of the school. Marys, Lexington, Shrewsbury and Springfield are 1-4 all with bye in Prelim. Prelim round Mary's Bracket 1 seed 16 seed Andover, Marblehead, Medford or Medway 17 seed same teams above.  8 seed AB, Braintree or Framingham 25 seed Everett or Wakefield 9 seed AB, Braintree or Framingham 24 seed Everett or Wakefield Prelim Round Lexington Bracket 2 seed 15 seed LS 18 seed Andover, Marblehead, Medford or Medway 7 seed AB, Braintree or Framingham 26 seed Reading 10 seed Beverly (has gm today) 23 seed Woburn, Hudson or Billerica Prelim Round Shrewsbury Bracket 3 seed 14 seed Franklin 19 seed Andover, Marblehead, Medford or Medway 6 seed Arlington Bye 11 seed Lynn (has game today) 22 seed Woburn, Hudson or Billerica Prelim Round Springfield Bracket 4 seed 13 seed Waltham 20 seed AC 5 seed Hingham Bye 12 seed Barnstable (has game today) 21 seed Woburn, Hudson or Billerica
    Posted by goodtime19

great job....... my final 4 standing will be (1)  SMH  (2) Lex  (3) Hingham (4) arlington...... the two teams from out west seem to have very weak schedules and that will hurt them when they play the average teams from around here .600 win %
    I think lex and hingham are pretty equal
    I hope none of these 4 end up in the same bracket  that would be aweful

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbySchmatz. Show BobbySchmatz's posts

AP 6 Winchester 4...........27 team field for tourney

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Start banging our heads on our desks and just wait until the MIAA sends it out tomorrow night? Might have a few bruises by then though...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

THAT THROWS A WRENCH INTO ALL OF THE PAST BRACKETS. NOW WHAT?
    Posted by sleeper3

It doesn't really change anything except that the 6th seed (Arlington ?) now has to play the 27th seed instead of having a "bye". Everything else is still muddled as before.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : It doesn't really change anything except that the 6th seed (Arlington ?) now has to play the 27th seed instead of having a "bye". Everything else is still muddled as before.
    Posted by ghockeyfan

Which will be a coin flip! (tied at 26)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

So if you are a higher seed who do you not what to see.....

AP - very hot right now
    Woburn - team is sneaky good
    Reading - extremely good defensive team
    Wakefield - Offense is great (first line)! 85 goals against.  Can you say 9-8 score

And if you are a lower seed who do you want to see in prelim:

Well, there are 5 teams you don't want to see
    Mary's
    Lexington
    Arlington
    Hingham
    AB

If you are a low seed then I say bring on Shrewsbury, Springfield, Framingham and Braintree

Will AC make any noise????

Probably about 22 hours till seeds are announced.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymomof3. Show hockeymomof3's posts

Beverly 2
    Lynn 1

Sections
Shortcuts