EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    AP 6 Winchester 4...........27 team field for tourney
    Posted by BobbySchmatz
    What the heck happened to the Middlesex? 9-2 pasting of Wakefield last night by the Saints and now a down and out Austin beating Winchester. Seems the Catholics still rule. Saints favorites to win D1 again with Fontbonne favored again in D2. Can Lexington or Winchester upset either of them?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaRocket. Show DaRocket's posts

Not a complete shock.  The AP team that beat Winchester is much better than the one that lost 2-0 to them two months ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Ok D1 27 Teams qualify and only 11 seeds are set.
    D2 12 Teams qualify and 10 seeds are set.

Like to be a bug on the wall at the seeding meeting tomorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

two quick things.

1. Lynn's L to put them even with Waltham so its a coin flip for 12 and 13 seeds

2. Spoke with Jim Clark of the Herald and he has been at the MIAA for the selections.  Two teams tied is a coin flip but more than two is usually out of a hat as these guys don't want extra work of coin flips for three or four teams in a round robin.

Coin flip on the D2 side is a real big one.  Norwood or Dedham gets Winchester first.  I know coach Johnson will have his ladies ready.  Norwood must really be steaming from that Walpole game.  1-1 with 1:30 left, Maloof takes a Maloof like penalty and Walpole pulls goalie with 45 seconds left and scores with 6.5 left to win 2-1 and share the Bay State Herget crown.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cager. Show cager's posts

Be patient, the seeding meetings start at 1pm.  The brackets are published as soon as they are done.  But, that covers the match-up's, not the date/place/time.

The Preliminary and First round games are hosted by the higher seeds, so the date/place/time requires input from the host schools.

D1 has a number of prelims.  Plus, there is talk those will not start right off the bat.
    D2, starts with First round games.  With Marshfield out, top four seeds have byes.

In answer to other comments/questions:

While the majority of the crowd in attendence is at the 1A selection meeting, there are coaches that attend the other sectional seedings.  They often are the ones to flip the coins/pick out of the hat.  This is an open process and not done in secret. 

From the perspective of the teams involved, the interesting part of their (D2 Girls) coin flip between Norwood and Dedham is which of the Bay State rivals hosts Walpole, not who hosts Winchester.....

As one of the people that saw the Arlington vs Canton scrimmage, IMHO, Canton is a very, very good team and a legit favorite for D2. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Cager

Great point regarding playing Walpole, they are playing well right now.  4-0 to finish season against Framingham, Milton, WH and Norwood.  I think both Dedham and Norwood have better goaltending and better star players.  Dedham has Parr and the Celata's and Norwood has the entire Maloof line (Donners and Coskren).  It should be a tight played game.  None of the teams have a tough non league schedule and I think Winchester is tourney ready playing in the ML.

As far as the prelim round, it will be done by Wednesday.  Higher seeds have three days in which they can secure home ice, if not its neutral site and if the higher seed can not pull that off, the lower seed can pay for the ice and host.

You are also spot on regarding the meeting being open.  My issue is that they have no define procedure for breaking three or more team tied in winning percentage.  It is stated that 2 teams tied in winning percentage is a coin flip.  I would just like them to follow the same process year over year regarding three or more teams and publish what method they will be using.

I wonder if Arlington is just a bit ticked off that AP won.  A 6 seed and a bye in the Shrewsbury bracket sounded great but now their prelim game may be the toughest they see till the semi's.

Are both girls games going to be played back to back on the 14th in the morning prior to the boys D3, D2, D1 and 1A??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

DISCLAIMER:  the following is the opionion of hillisdeoldtimer, there are no actual statistics to support his/her thoughts, just a meaningless paragraph for those that care:

For what its worth... I feel AP is for real (but I wasn't saying they might be one of the "last 2 standing at TD Garden").  They need to learn to hold on, as do many teams.  AC had dominated the 1st but in the few shots AP had they scored.  By late season they will show much improvement, in my humble opinion.  They also seem to have a knack for getting up for their big games so the top teams will need to bring their A games against them (to me thats "real")... thats all I'm saying, and I shouldn't have to explain every post.

HEY JZ... above is my post from December.  Remember... the one where you threw all kinds of statistics at me and really showed me..  memba the Brewsky comment? (can't find that now, did you delete???).. hmmmm  I just love an I TOLD YOU SO MOMENT, and this is one I couldn't wait to post. 

As I said then and I'll say it now, this is a much improved team from game 1.  Bottom line here, you can look at "numbers" all year, but they only tell some of the story. This time of year is all that counts.  Every team has a shot, no matter where they stand on the "books".  ONE and OUT...  we all play by that rule.  

So JZ, I guess AP was "for real", just ask Arlington... nough said... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Brackets are Up, here we go.... Good Luck to all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Upset Alert>>>>>> Braintree, AB, Barnstable, Lynn and Beverly.

AP is hot and played a tough schedule just for this reason.  Sneak into the tourney and explode.  AB's tie to Woburn got them a AP reward.

Wakefield's first line is great.  Downside, their goalie.  If Braintree can get enough shots they may pull this one off.  Braintree probably wishes they beat Framingham now.  But they may get a chance in the first round if both teams can win.

Woburn is tourney tested and played a tough schedule.  I will be picking them to win this game.

AC and Billerica are good teams.  I think if they play their game they can beat Lynn and Beverly. 

Other than that I think the higher seeds win out in the prelim. round.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Off to Barnstable...where is their rink, and how is the afternoon traffic on Monday or Tuesday?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oltimhocee. Show oltimhocee's posts

Where are the seedings, web site please, panic is setting in

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

DISCLAIMER:  the following is the opionion of hillisdeoldtimer, there are no actual statistics to support his/her thoughts, just a meaningless paragraph for those that care: For what its worth... I feel AP is for real (but I wasn't saying they might be one of the "last 2 standing at TD Garden").  They need to learn to hold on, as do many teams.  AC had dominated the 1st but in the few shots AP had they scored.  By late season they will show much improvement, in my humble opinion.  They also seem to have a knack for getting up for their big games so the top teams will need to bring their A games against them (to me thats "real")... thats all I'm saying, and I shouldn't have to explain every post. HEY JZ... above is my post from December.  Remember... the one where you threw all kinds of statistics at me and really showed me..  memba the Brewsky comment? (can't find that now, did you delete???).. hmmmm  I just love an I TOLD YOU SO MOMENT, and this is one I couldn't wait to post.  As I said then and I'll say it now, this is a much improved team from game 1.  Bottom line here, you can look at "numbers" all year, but they only tell some of the story. This time of year is all that counts.  Every team has a shot, no matter where they stand on the "books".  ONE and OUT...  we all play by that rule.   So JZ, I guess AP was "for real", just ask Arlington... nough said... 
    Posted by hillsideoldtimer

Well oldtimer I guess you got me on this one. The only thing worse that can happen now is if Lexington wins the tourney and I have to hear it from Mudwife. OUCH!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oltimhocee. Show oltimhocee's posts

Thanks, the seedings look great, every opponent are new to all teams in the 1st rd. Can't wait for the drop of the puck, wish I could see all of these games!!

Good luck to everyone

in Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : MIAA website. Look for the hockey than girls.
    Posted by magellann

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

Congrats to AB for winning the toss and moving off Saints side. Looks to me like the Saints will cruise to the semifinals and then will have to battle Hingham again. AC may win a couple but after that good luck. AB must get by Hillsideoldtimers flying high Austin team and hopefully will make it interesting for Lexington. I see Woburn and Arlington facing off in a big game to make it to semis in the other bracket.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oltimhocee. Show oltimhocee's posts

in Div. 2, if Winchester gets by Norwood. The next game vs. Canton should be one of the best. Worth the $ at the door,

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oltimhocee. Show oltimhocee's posts

I'm going to skate on the edge and pick the 1st round winners.
    Andover
    Framingham
    Wakefield
    AC
    Waltham
    Lincoln-Sudbury
    AB
    Billerica
    Franklin or Medway-(I just don't know, maybe I'll toss a coin!)
    Arlington
    Woburn

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

Why has the D1 tourney have 27 teams in it and the D2 tourney just 12. Spread them out something like 21-20 and give everyone a fair chance to make garden. Why let Fontbonne after winning d2 last year just have to win 2 games to make garden again? They knew they could beat most of D1 teams and should have moved up like past d2 champs , SMH,Hingham and Barnstable but instead signed up for the kiddie tournament again. Shame on them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Why has the D1 tourney have 27 teams in it and the D2 tourney just 12. Spread them out something like 21-20 and give everyone a fair chance to make garden. Why let Fontbonne after winning d2 last year just have to win 2 games to make garden again? They knew they could beat most of D1 teams and should have moved up like past d2 champs , SMH,Hingham and Barnstable but instead signed up for the kiddie tournament again. Shame on them.
    Posted by LARRY1990
    It is simple the D1 teams load up with the weaker D2 teams and you get 27 and 12.  As to moving up...well....maybe some teams do the right thing and some do not...Your program IMHO has done it the right way!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Off to Barnstable...where is their rink, and how is the afternoon traffic on Monday or Tuesday?
    Posted by Sportsdad23

I Believe Barnstable plays at the brand new Hyanis Youth Center a very nice facility!  just good luck on the wonderful ride from Woburn to the Cape!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyc16. Show billyc16's posts

Posted by LARRY1990

listen larry once you win d2 you move up to be in the big boys tourney. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : listen larry once you win d2 you move up to be in the big boys tourney. 
    Posted by billyc16

I think that is his point  that Fontbonne did not more up to D1...As I recall they were given grief last year as well for not moving up when ALL of girls hockey was re-aligned and schools like SMH, AP, AC, Arlington, Hingham all moved up immediately!!  It is dissapointing that they didn't.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Does anyone remember how that "Prediction" bracket got started on masshockey.com? Was it something that they put up or did someone else get it going and they hosted it?

It made things a little more interesting....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Does anyone remember how that "Prediction" bracket got started on masshockey.com? Was it something that they put up or did someone else get it going and they hosted it? It made things a little more interesting....
    Posted by ghockeyfan

Nevermind I figured it out. In fact, its already up and running.
    If you want to make your predictions go to the tournament bracket
    link below and look for the "Predict it" link in the top left corner of
    the page.

If you had an account last year its still good (I tried mine and it works).
    If not you have to register.

http://masshshockey.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=351602

Good luck to all you predictors but more importantly to all the Girls in the tournament.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyc16. Show billyc16's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : I think that is his point  that Fontbonne did not more up to D1...As I recall they were given grief last year as well for not moving up when ALL of girls hockey was re-aligned and schools like SMH, AP, AC, Arlington, Hingham all moved up immediately!!  It is dissapointing that they didn't.
    Posted by Icing-2

well you get all that extra press and a trip to the garden for just a 12 team tourney plus you get a free #2 ranking in the globe at end of year even though you played all the weak teams. i guess they didn't want to do it the hard way like mostly everyone else is trying to do. its a shame for seeing they stopped smh's winning streak they would have made the d1 tourney even better. somebody better force them to move up if they win it again for its doubtful theyll do it on their own.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaRocket. Show DaRocket's posts

A note about the AP - Winchester game.  It was actually 7-4, and was not as close as that.  AP outshot Winchester and blew them off the ice in the first period, leading 5-1 after one and cruising in from there.  Cassie Hanlon had a hat trick in the first period, and four overall.  AB may be in for a tougher game than they figured in their tournament opener.