EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymomof3. Show hockeymomof3's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

we have a 4th and 5th line that barely play, the third does play in rotation, the
    4th and 5th cant compete at a competetive level. They just are not there. It is VARSITY and coaches are playing to win. It is frustrating for the lower lines because some of them can play to an extent,  I have heard a few are going to quit next year, then that puts the program back to where we can barely put 2 competetive lines together, its a no win situation in girls hockey. People seem to accept this much easier in boys hockey, I have been on both sides and can relate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    ...This coach will play the 3rd, but hardly plays the 4th, all his focus is pretty much on the 1st, some on the 2nd. I believe if he showed the same interest and CONFIDENCE with the the other lines he would have such a powerful team instead of having the "pay your dues" attitude or whatever he's thinking. I'm frustrated with this type of coaching, not looking at the big picture, .... Thanks
    Posted by hedmanthepuc

As hockeymom said, most of us have been on both sides...

I think there is a lot to be said for "paying ones dues". However, just because you ride the bench one year doesn't mean you are all set for the next year.

For a hockey team to be successful they need to skate their best players first and foremost, I think this includes the 3rd line if the team is fortunate enough to have 3 lines that can compete. 4th line players are not there to make a big impact in the game. They are there to gain experience and gain confidence, when appropriate. If they are good enough their time will come.

This is not pay-to-play hockey not everyone will get the same amount of icetime.

There are some Juniors and Seniors that are on 4th lines of some teams who still rarely see ice time.

As far as leaving the team is concerned, that needs to be the decision of each individual player. Not every team is for every player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

I grew up playing multiple sports, played varsity all 4 years at my h.s. and at college.  I've been there, done that and I know what it's like to be the "superstar" h.s. athlete and then get to the big kids DI playground and go "hmmmm, not so much of a superstar am I now?!" and to be relegated to those games your freshman year where the team is blowing out the other team.  Maybe that's why I don't have a hard time understanding what these coaches are doing.  It's h.s. sports, whether Mom and Dad and Player like it or not, it's all about the W now.  It's not about equal playing time/equal development for all anymore.  It's a hard reality for some family's to deal with.  Those that aren't willing to look at themselves honestly and put in the extra outside work that is needed to get themselves to the level they need to be to get that playing time aren't going to last.  If you want it badly enough, you'll work your butt off to get it and you will be rewarded for your effort.  You are not going to get instant gratification from your hard work though, it's going to take time, it's going to take the player out playing, out muscling, out skating, etc. at least the 2nd line players on a regular basis in practice before they're going to be given a shot at more time in a game.  That's just the reality of high school sports.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

I grew up playing multiple sports, played varsity all 4 years at my h.s. and at college.  I've been there, done that and I know what it's like to be the "superstar" h.s. athlete and then get to the big kids DI playground and go "hmmmm, not so much of a superstar am I now?!" and to be relegated to those games your freshman year where the team is blowing out the other team.  Maybe that's why I don't have a hard time understanding what these coaches are doing.  It's h.s. sports, whether Mom and Dad and Player like it or not, it's all about the W now.  It's not about equal playing time/equal development for all anymore.  It's a hard reality for some family's to deal with.  Those that aren't willing to look at themselves honestly and put in the extra outside work that is needed to get themselves to the level they need to be to get that playing time aren't going to last.  If you want it badly enough, you'll work your butt off to get it and you will be rewarded for your effort.  You are not going to get instant gratification from your hard work though, it's going to take time, it's going to take the player out playing, out muscling, out skating, etc. at least the 2nd line players on a regular basis in practice before they're going to be given a shot at more time in a game.  That's just the reality of high school sports.  
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule

Excellent post! You hit the nail on the head. Hard work and honest assessment of your own skills.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

Any updates/score from Framingham  ??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BAUER920. Show BAUER920's posts

1. i think i am confused if u mean sacred heart the school or university.. if school it clearly means your from Lynn.. and maybe a little bitter? there is 2 teams in Lynn and they should be treated with the same respect... if the university what are u saying... that is inappropriate and just plain childish.

Everyone who raggs on St.Mary's for their education needs to stop.. if its not the recruiting its the location or education.. whats next .. u are taking away from these girls accomplishment by finding fault in everything they do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

FOR ANYONE THAT THINKS SMH IS NOT GOING TO WIN- I'LL BET A STACK OF 9TH GRADE MATH BOOKS THAT THEY USED AND DONATED TO THE 5TH GRADERS AT SACRED HEART. THEY ARE STACKED FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. LEXINGTON WILL GIVE THEM A BETTER GAME THAN WOBURN DID LAST YEAR BUT SMH WON'T BE FLAT THIS TIME AROUND. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE TEAMS. IT IS THE BEST TIME OF YEAR.
    Posted by sleeper3

CRAWL BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK,

WT

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

Hockeymomsrulethats an awesome post, if you don't mind I'm going to have my daughter read it. Maybe it'll give her a little inspiration plus a shot of reality,

WT

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oltimhocee. Show oltimhocee's posts

I knows its a late comment but I'm staring at the brackets and its absolutely nuts that AP, Woburn, Reading, AC, Billerica and Wakefield are ranked so high, and Medford,Barnstable, Bev/Gloust,Withrop/Lynn and Algon/Hudson are low. Ya I know its all about there record, not anything else.

SORRY, Just had to get that off my chest,

whew.....thanks,

OTH

Let me know asap about Medford vs. Lincoln/Sudbury(go LS!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

An we are underway

results From 2/2
    2/10
    Division 1
    Game 4 (9) Braintree 4  (24) Wakefield 3
    Game 3 (8) Framingham 4 (25) Everett 3
    Game 10 (15) Lincoln/Sudbury 1 (18) Medford 0
    Division 2
    Game 4 (5) Medfield 1 (12) Stoneham 5
    Game 8 (6) Milton 2 (11) Wellesley 5

Tuesday's Games
    Division 1
    Game 14  (14) Franklin vs (19) Medway 8:15pm in Franklin

Division 2
    Game 2 (8) Norwood vs (9) Winchester 6:30 in Canton at Rt 138

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

icing2- That score you have for the Milton vs wellesley is it correct ?? because masshshockey has the score milton 2 & wellesley 5......just checking, also any updates from Stoneham vs Medfield ?? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

icing2- That score you have for the Milton vs wellesley is it correct ?? because masshshockey has the score milton 2 & wellesley 5......just checking, also any updates from Stoneham vs Medfield ?? 
    Posted by rocketfan

From Boston.com

Wellesley 5, Milton 2

Monday, Feb. 22, 2010, at Wellesley

Sophomore forward Lauren Bishop scored a hat trick to help the Raiders to advance to the second round. Freshman Ellie DiCaprio added two goals and senior captain Kathryn Kelley handed out three assists.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Any updates/score from Framingham  ??
    Posted by rocketfan

From Boston.com

Framingham 4, Everett 3

Monday, Feb. 22, 2010, at Framingham

Senior captain Suzanne Friedman scored a power-play goal with 2:26 left to push the Flyers past the visiting Crimson in the preliminary round of the MIAA Division 1 tournament. Everett's Nicole Florez scored the opening goal and helped her team keep the lead until Framingham junior Courtney Wilder scored the tying goal with 3:50 remaining.

Updated: Monday, Feb. 22, 2010, 9:54 p.m

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Thanks ghockey and wt, use it as you wish. 

As for our game, not sure I would classify it as a great game as a whole but our girls did manage to recover themselves and revert back to their fast, aggressive play in the 3rd period to come back from a 3-1 deficit. I don't know if it was nerves or what but there was a lot of 2nd guessing and hesitation going on early that created chances for Everett that they never should have had.

Heard the Braintree girls had a bit of a hiccup and had to turn things around after almost blowing a 3-1 lead themselves.  Sounds like the winner of Fridays game is going to come down to which team fully gets their act together for a complete game with no hiccups.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bb257. Show bb257's posts

Posted by Hockeymomsrule

not bad hockeymom.... its that little league mentality everybody plays and everybody gets an atta'boy and a trophy.....plus the delusion of grandeur effect....my kid is the best so why isn't he/she playing.
    That slap in the face of reality is tough for most of these parents to take.
    And as much as a coach promotes we instead of me....the cancer rears its ugly head and spreads.
    College is a whole other level.....for some of these kids they just can't take the disappointment

Hey how about the physical play in the olympics..... sheeesh our refs don't look so bad now

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

BB - I spent enough hours in my h.s. gym in the fall and winter throwing 50-75 throws each from behind the plate to 1st, 2nd and 3rd from my knees every day of the week in the off season to still feel a phantom ache in my arm just thinking about it. LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

I'm kinda liking how they are letting them play in the Olympics.  Calling the outright intentional penalty's and blatent interference attempts, letting the incidental body contact and legal body contact go, on both sides.

As for the ref's at our game yesterday, am still trying to figure out how when an Everett player is holding one of our defensemans stick over against the boards and the other one in front of our net is literally punching our other defenseman in the face OUR player ends up in the box with a hooking call. Boggles the mind. Coach blew a gasket on that one, don't blame him a bit though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

I'm kinda liking how they are letting them play in the Olympics.  Calling the outright intentional penalty's and blatent interference attempts, letting the incidental body contact and legal body contact go, on both sides. As for the ref's at our game yesterday, am still trying to figure out how when an Everett player is holding one of our defensemans stick over against the boards and the other one in front of our net is literally punching our other defenseman in the face OUR player ends up in the box with a hooking call. Boggles the mind. Coach blew a gasket on that one, don't blame him a bit though.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule

Not to drag the attention away from the states, but since its been commented on...  the reffing has been excellent in the Olympics, except for one call they blatently missed last night.  Did anyone see Team Canada's Gillian Apps take out the girl in the right corner?  It was horrible, flattened her on the ice and no call.  I guess thats what they mean by home team advantage.  Watch her to be a factor against Team USA on Thursday, she's was "dirty" all night.

With that said, I've found the mens side just as interesting.  Its exciting hockey, lots of tuff hits, BUT NO FIGHTING.  The scuffles out in front of the net lead to players actually skating away.  I find it interesting to watch these guys hold back, plus provide us some exciting hockey. They still were intense and still had an "edge of your seat performance" without the stupid gloves off and boxing dances that we are used to seeing in the NHL now. Just something to think about. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching both the mens and womens games.  The mens games though have done nothing but make me wish that the NHL goes back to the old playing rules.  Excellent, fast back and forth hockey, it's been awesome to watch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

I'm almost 100% sure that they are playing on the NHL regulation size rink.
    I wonder how it would be if they played on the Olympic size rink.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

I dunno WT, but in my opinion between the NHL sized rinks combined with the Olympic rules it's been some fantastic hockey that even the casual fan with a pulse would enjoy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Above -the- law and nicmcg, I wouldn't even bother to respond to this fool any longer. Can't you see that he/she/it is just baiting you. I have hit the "ignore Sleeper3" button in my forum page. I suggest you do the same.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

So anywhoooooooooo....any updates from today's games? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nicmcg. Show nicmcg's posts

J/K= Just kidding, jeez.. you have no problem dishing it out but when someone actually put's you in your place you cower.. It's one thing to post an opinion, it's another to flat out insult students and their school. Please don't even try to defend yourself, 98% of what you post is pure antagonizing rubbish starting from your very 1st post. Where have you added any insight into any games being played??? How is your daughters team playing this year??? You actually have to have an opinion to have an argument. Flat statements mean nothing. If your opinion is that the education at a particular school is not up to your standard, you could of stated it that way;  but no you then add your nasty snide remarks at an attempt to be funny, It's not even close. Jealously is rearing it's ugly head. Kick around.. really?? Buddy you have NO clue.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

? when do the olympics start ?

Sections
Shortcuts