EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    H- Oldtimer - agree with your post about Courtney White. She is a great player that always gives 100% and clearly from the stats is not selfish with the puck. I would add Michelle Machionne to that great sort of underated player list. Also - I'm not associated with SMH either - my daughter is a few years behind these girls. Also - just a general comment about this blog - seems to be a small group of SMH parents ?? that pounce on any post that in any way implies anything that could be taken as negative towards SMH. I have followed this blog mostly to get the scores and a general idea of what high school hockey might be like next year - but seems the SMH parents on this blog are a bit uptight. I mean Oldtimer's post seemed nothing but positive toward an SMH player and the SMH team - in fact almost went overboard on being politically correct toward them. Anyway - congratulations to all the team players out there that have assisted the "superstars".
    Posted by sugarandice

What do you mean we pounce on any post negative to SMH are you out of your ....

Just kidding. You made an excellent point in your post. You mentioned one of the SMH defensemen. Defense (and goaltending) is a large part of what has made SMH successful over the years. But enough about SMH...

I think in general people put too much emphasis on points  on this blog.  Without solid D your aren't winning anything. Its the defense that keeps the puck in the offense zone so that the forwards can score their points, sometimes they are rewarded with an assist sometimes they are not. But it doesn't matter they were just as instrumental in scoring the goal as the player who put the puck in the net.

Defensemen (women) rarely recieve the praise that they deserve. No write-up in the newspaper, no "hey this players a great" on the blog (<- Notice the bad grammar). So I just wanted to throw a little praise their way.

No, my daughter is not a defensemen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Well, mine is a dman. For what it's worth, she swelled with pride when someone on here noted the difference in her teams GAA this year as compared to last year and prior years.  I didn't comment on it directly at the time specifically because she's the only change in their defensive corps and I knew anything I said would at minimum be perceived as biased.  Whoever it was that wrote it, thank you, you more than made up for her goals and assists not making the paper in her mind so thank you for that.  She knows she's not the only reason for the difference in the quality of their defense, she just doesn't have that mentality, but she does know she's worked her butt off & has contributed to it and does appreciate it being noticed outside of her own circle, even if it doesn't make the paper.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Can you say.. COURTNEY WHITE!!!  If she doesnt speak to just what you say as a supporting cast   ...  8 goals 28 assists!!!!!!  and probably one of the most underated cast of characters on the SM's squad.  I would take a team full of CW's on my team, ANY DAY...  who on the SM's squad benefited from her 28 assists???  Congrats to her..  (and not dig for any other SM girl, just pointing out that in this game of hockey it takes a "CAST" to do the job).
    Posted by hillsideoldtimer

It's as if they clone these girls at SMH. Last year they had a magician with the puck and you feel good that she's gone and then another wizard this CW shows up and steals the show. How do you beat them? One more try I hope.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

behind the scenes, its the slippery guy, g hockey stirring the pot for sure.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dykwiam. Show dykwiam's posts

I could not agree with sugarandice more.  I have been reading this for some time but it is so focused on SMH it is kinda silly to call this a hockey blog - maybe SMH hockey blog and how they have dominated?    Law- I have read many times where your daughter has made D1 for education, not athletics.  Good for her, you must be proud by why the mention it so many times- are you responding to sleeper?   Just ignore him, it wastes so much space.

SMH should be proud of what their girls have accomplished, it is great and I am sure it is a great school.  But if you want this blog to be a general discussion on girls hockey in mass the content needs to change.  

You can count on less than 3 hands the # of people that participate.

I appreciate the comments on the other teams. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

I'm usually the guy that everyone yells at for SMH.  LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dykwiam. Show dykwiam's posts

Law- show me a post from you where you encouraged someone to talk about hockey and you were not responding to sleeper or some other negative comment about SMH?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyc16. Show billyc16's posts

Law- show me a post from you where you encouraged someone to talk about hockey and you were not responding to sleeper or some other negative comment about SMH?  
    Posted by dykwiam

guess where my kids playing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Can you say.. COURTNEY WHITE!!!  If she doesnt speak to just what you say as a supporting cast   ...  8 goals 28 assists!!!!!!  and probably one of the most underated cast of characters on the SM's squad.  I would take a team full of CW's on my team, ANY DAY...  who on the SM's squad benefited from her 28 assists???  Congrats to her..  (and not dig for any other SM girl, just pointing out that in this game of hockey it takes a "CAST" to do the job).
    Posted by hillsideoldtimer

Well Hillsider I couldn't agree with you more on this one. The White girl she is the REAL deal. CW had a great list of girls in his post but he needs to open his eyes and see one of the best 2-way hockey players out there. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Heading out soon for the game. Only have to go to that rats nest across the street. NVO in Boxborough. I hope all of my shots are updates. I'll recap later on. I've been missing you guys. Started a new venture on Monday and it is taking all of my time. Good luck all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

Heading out soon for the game. Only have to go to that rats nest across the street. NVO in Boxborough. I hope all of my shots are updates. I'll recap later on. I've been missing you guys. Started a new venture on Monday and it is taking all of my time. Good luck all.
    Posted by abgirlsfan

C'mon AB........how hard is to to remember to ask "u want fries with that?"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : guess where my kids playing
    Posted by billyc16

LOL BILLY........great logo !!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbySchmatz. Show BobbySchmatz's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : It's as if they clone these girls at SMH. Last year they had a magician with the puck and you feel good that she's gone and then another wizard this CW shows up and steals the show. How do you beat them? One more try I hope.
    Posted by LARRY1990

Dont look now but SMH has two freshman with 50+ combined points flying under the radar.  Not to mention and already rock solid goalie that will just keep getting better that is also a freshman!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeon1985. Show zeon1985's posts

I could not agree with sugarandice more.  I have been reading this for some time but it is so focused on SMH it is kinda silly to call this a hockey blog - maybe SMH hockey blog and how they have dominated?    Law- I have read many times where your daughter has made D1 for education, not athletics.  Good for her, you must be proud by why the mention it so many times- are you responding to sleeper?   Just ignore him, it wastes so much space. SMH should be proud of what their girls have accomplished, it is great and I am sure it is a great school.  But if you want this blog to be a general discussion on girls hockey in mass the content needs to change.   You can count on less than 3 hands the # of people that participate. I appreciate the comments on the other teams. 
    Posted by dykwiam

For crying out loud. Enough of this " my daughter is going to D1. " Name the schools from now on. Some D1 schools are great and some are not. Some D3 schools are much better and some are not. Name the damn school and be done with it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymomof3. Show hockeymomof3's posts

for all you "nay sayers"

Beverly 3
    Billerica 0

Beverly came to play and they played well!

Next: winner of AB/Austin

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hcky2. Show hcky2's posts

ghockey fan:

Great post about defensemen!  I agree 100%-many times they're not given the  credit they deserve. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

Final : Arlington- 2 vs Reading- 0

Good luck to Arlington !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

From Tonight
    Division 1
    Game 2 (17) Marblehead 2 (16) Andover 3  SO
    Game 6 (20) Arlington Catholic 4 (13) Lynn/Winthrop  0
    Game 8 (21) Algonquin/Hudson 2 (12) Waltham  3
    Game 11 (26) Austin Prep 1(7) Acton/Boxboro 2
    Game 12 (23) Billerica 0 (10) Beverly 3
    Game 15 (27) Reading 0 (6) Arlington 2
    Game 16 (22) Woburn 3 (11) Barnstable 1

Division 2
    Game 6 (10) Walpole 3 (7) Dedham 2

Thursday 2/25 games
    Division 1
    Game 18 (8) Braintree @ (8) Framingham 3:40 Loring

Is anyone else surprised by the closeness of the games  I believe the the only score was the AC game that was one sided.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Just wondering what are peoples impressions of the Lynn coop team....I have mine now but wanted to know what some of you had to say.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dykwiam. Show dykwiam's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : LOL BILLY........great logo !!!!
    Posted by Paycheck4

yea it is bright and red I am very impressed.   My kid does play in D1. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ih8u2. Show Ih8u2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010  Posted by billyc16

Tacky.Just like your last one. You have to actually win that third to wear it.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Final score  AB 2    AP 1

Kind of a sloppy game, you could see the rust falling off as we haven't played in almost a week. Scored a power play goal with about 3 minutes to play. AB goalie played very well. Next up Beverly, Saturday night back at the Rat Hole.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymomof3. Show hockeymomof3's posts

Andover 3
    Marblehead 2
    in shootout

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymomof3. Show hockeymomof3's posts

AB...
    Do you know when the game is and what rink exactly on Saturday?

Icing...
    Lynn/Winthrop is a rough, dirty team and god forbid you get near the goalie all hell breaks loose.. but its ok for them to turn around and literally attack the opposing goalie...Very bad attitudes!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

AB... Do you know when the game is and what rink exactly on Saturday?
    Posted by hockeymomof3

Kid told me Saturday night at 7:30 pm at Nashoba Valley Olympic Rink in Boxborough. I do not have confirmation on that yet, but that's what coach told the girls and that's what time the ice has been reserved for, i'll let you know if I hear anything different.