EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : #8 is captain and got thrown out for too many penalties first time we played them, she should NOT be capt. flat out punching people...too bad coach couldnt control team...maybe anger managment classes would help....captains should be ROLE models to entire team and play with integrity and represent team/town they play for, when they get on the ice..EVERY time they play.
    Posted by hockeymomof3

You're team (Beverly) is one of the "cheap" teams that kept running her. She's a big girl now playing with older kids. She can certainly handle herself...but don't come on this blog and try to say that a specific player for another team is dirty when you have 2 of the dirtiest players in EMASS along with a coach that specifically told the players to run her. I still haven't seen a glass house on the north shore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymomof3. Show hockeymomof3's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : You're team (Beverly) is one of the "cheap" teams that kept running her. She's a big girl now playing with older kids. She can certainly handle herself...but don't come on this blog and try to say that a specific player for another team is dirty when you have 2 of the dirtiest players in EMASS along with a coach that specifically told the players to run her. I still haven't seen a glass house on the north shore.
    Posted by endofroad

First, I will reply to your first post stating not all girls on the team play dirty and to not lump them all in the same category. You are right, there is only a "handful" of dirty players on your team. Every team has a few of those. Most of my comments were related to the "attitudes" of your players more than the fact that they play dirty.

Second,our coach or any coach (I would hope) would never tell their players to run a goalie. That is the most ridiculous statement made. It certainly is not true.

Third, this is HIGH SCHOOL hockey! If you want to play with the big girls then do it and dont complain about players running into the goalie. This happens to every goalie on every team. In scuffles in front of the net or going in with any kind of speed this is BOUND to happen. Mostly not intentional.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BreakOut. Show BreakOut's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : I believe Masshockey got these list from the programs that were at the all star games this weekend Beverly goalie also named MVP of conference! Big accomplishment from all these players, from ALL teams. My daughter played with Sullivan girls...great players
    Posted by hockeymomof3

I saw that both Sullivan's are going to Holy Cross to play next year in the Globe today. http://www.boston.com/sports/schools/hockey/articles/2010/02/25/ice_chips/
    So far i have

Brittany Soar to Southern Maine
    Nina Riley to Providence
    Courtney Winters to St. Anselms
    Emily Sullivan to Holy Cross
    Kylee Sullivan to Holy Cross
    Sammy Woodward to Brown

i am curious - who else??  - these kids are all good students, athletes
    Congrats to all of them and continued academic and athletic success

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : First, I will reply to your first post stating not all girls on the team play dirty and to not lump them all in the same category. You are right, there is only a "handful" of dirty players on your team. Every team has a few of those. Most of my comments were related to the "attitudes" of your players more than the fact that they play dirty. Second,our coach or any coach (I would hope) would never tell their players to run a goalie. That is the most ridiculous statement made. It certainly is not true. Third, this is HIGH SCHOOL hockey! If you want to play with the big girls then do it and dont complain about players running into the goalie. This happens to every goalie on every team. In scuffles in front of the net or going in with any kind of speed this is BOUND to happen. Mostly not intentional.
    Posted by hockeymomof3

Your HOPE would be best used for a win because she did tell them to run her...I know for a fact. So did the Springfield, Cambridge and Marblehead coach becase the girls heard it from the bench. I didn't complain that she gets run. I said she is a big girl now playing with older girls. She can certainly handle herself on and off the ice. Do you think I would sit around and let her get pummled if I diddn't know it was part of the game? You obviously don't know me. All I did state is that the coach told her players to do it. She's a goalie for a reason. 

As much as it pains me I do wish Beverly good luck going forward...you're the only one left from our conference.

We'll see how things shake out next year. Maybe you can come up and introduce yourself instead of hiding behind a screenname.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

I do want to point out a really cool thing from the AC @ Winthrop/Lynn game...It was all of the little elementry aged kids running arround with their "Dawgs" shirts on with the mascots on banners from some of the schools.

Here is the local write up...I do not know if I believe the shot total thought.
    http://www.thedailyitemoflynn.com/articles/2010/02/25/sports/sports03.txt

What shoud AC expect to see from Springfield Cathederal?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]I do want to point out a really cool thing from the AC @ Winthrop/Lynn game...It was all of the little elementry aged kids running arround with their "Dawgs" shirts on with the mascots on banners from some of the schools. Here is the local write up...I do not know if I believe the shot total thought. http://www.thedailyitemoflynn.com/articles/2010/02/25/sports/sports03.txt
    Posted by Icing-2[/QUOte

it was 54-8

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

I do want to point out a really cool thing from the AC @ Winthrop/Lynn game...It was all of the little elementry aged kids running arround with their "Dawgs" shirts on with the mascots on banners from some of the schools. Here is the local write up...I do not know if I believe the shot total thought. http://www.thedailyitemoflynn.com/articles/2010/02/25/sports/sports03.txt What shoud AC expect to see from Springfield Cathederal?
    Posted by Icing-2

those kids are too much. Winthrop is full of girl hockey players..partly beacuse of what happened last year. They will be playing in about 8 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

AB... Do you know when the game is and what rink exactly on Saturday? Icing... Lynn/Winthrop is a rough, dirty team and god forbid you get near the goalie all hell breaks loose.. but its ok for them to turn around and literally attack the opposing goalie...Very bad attitudes!
    Posted by hockeymomof3

Hockeymom-

Change of plans, I told you they were sketchy at best. Game moved until Sinday night at 650pm @ Valley Sports in Concord, Rink 1 which is the front rink.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Hockeymom- Change of plans, I told you they were sketchy at best. Game moved until Sinday night at 650pm @ Valley Sports in Concord, Rink 1 which is the front rink.
    Posted by abgirlsfan

That is a horrible venue for a tournament game.. The ice is better than the NVO but for the specators is is terrible!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : That is a horrible venue for a tournament game.. The ice is better than the NVO but for the specators is is terrible!!
    Posted by Icing-2

Ice is better, spectators get it bad and we won't even start to discuss the management, another rat hole at best.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

I do want to point out a really cool thing from the AC @ Winthrop/Lynn game...It was all of the little elementry aged kids running arround with their "Dawgs" shirts on with the mascots on banners from some of the schools. Here is the local write up...I do not know if I believe the shot total thought. http://www.thedailyitemoflynn.com/articles/2010/02/25/sports/sports03.txt What shoud AC expect to see from Springfield Cathederal?
    Posted by Icing-2

as for Springfield, they can play. they have almost as as much talent as AC but for some reason like to throw cheap shots. If you go I will bet my house that the penalties will be 11-2. Springfield will have 2 and AC 11. A few parents will be thrown out by the refs because they will be so upset they will start yelling. Bring some ringer fans that will take one for the team. they can get thrown out and the parents can sit there wondering what happened. It is awful. I'm not exaggerating al all.

the warm up rap song has the f word as well as the n word all through it. I can't believe this goes on at a catholic school.

I hope AC makes it out of there with a win and in one piece. #15 I'm told is 19...coaches sister. She pitch-forks everyone she can. #11 is super fast with an edge. The goalie is average at best. The coach will tell their player to run the goalie right from the bench.

We lost to them there 2-0 which should have been 1-0 as the ref didn;t see a crosscheck to the head on a defensman. Kind of like last night.

GEt ready for a ride like you've never seen before. Refs, music, cheap shots, ejections, fights.

Make sure they do the ice between both periods...you have more skaters than they do. The rest will help you more.

Good Luck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from iced-t. Show iced-t's posts

I'm not a SMH parent, but I do agree with superstar, that this blog is pretty much SMH folks. I realize that I'm new to this site, but I've reread a few pages back and I just have to shake my head. There can't be that many people gloating about a private school playing in a public school league! Come on,get a sense of reality people, its like a CLUB team playing in a town youth league. I admit I'd rather play a game or two vs. SMH during the year, it only helps build a little intensity. But to hear people brag over and over how great this team is, I gotta laugh, of course they are the best, of course they have depth look at their choices. Teams like Hingham, Arlington, Lexington and A/B have depth but for  only a few years if they are lucky, then it might be another TOWN team that is lucky enough to have depth. I bet in a year or so, AC will be a strong MAGNET for OUTSIDE hockey players, do you understand the word magnet, this is a foreign word to the public 'cause they get what they get "intown" only. Thats reality, private has a better chance of becoming a power house then public, so stop your freaking gloating. Someone said it earlier, renaming this blog, instead of "EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010", maybe something like "let me know how good SMH is, so my head will swell" or "don't knock SMH or I'll blog you to death"! Get a life, folks!
    Posted by hedmanthepuc

Amen.

I learned last year that stating the obvious fact that SMH has a built-in advantage over almost all the teams it plays is taken by SMH fans as a malicious attack on their daughters' characters and callous insensitivity to their feelings.

The notion that the girls on town teams may have bad feelings about never having any real chance to win the title for the last 2 years (and counting) never bothers them.

My daughter told me last year told me that she wouldn't want to play on SMH because they never had any real opposition.  I mentioned that here and was told by some SMH parent that either I was lying or that my daughter was a loser because she didn't want to win.

I think the SMH people protest too much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Ice is better, spectators get it bad and we won't even start to discuss the management, another rat hole at best.
    Posted by abgirlsfan

Get a big stick of dynamite and blow the 5 rinks to ruble!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

I know Cager is out there, or will be....Who assigns the officials in the tournament..the local assigners or does the MIAA take care of that??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Did anyone see MassHockey.Com list of All-Stars?  Congratulations to Kylee Sullivan of Arlington for being named Player of the Year!  Not sure where this list was generated from.
    Posted by above-the-law

Law-

Where did you find that list at masshshockey,com, I cannot find it under any of the headings. Thanks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Law- Where did you find that list at masshshockey,com, I cannot find it under any of the headings. Thanks.
    Posted by abgirlsfan

I can't find it also. Ab how's the new job? I thought this was going to make your life easier.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

I'm not a SMH parent, but I do agree with superstar, that this blog is pretty much SMH folks. I realize that I'm new to this site, but I've reread a few pages back and I just have to shake my head. There can't be that many people gloating about a private school playing in a public school league! Come on,get a sense of reality people, its like a CLUB team playing in a town youth league. I admit I'd rather play a game or two vs. SMH during the year, it only helps build a little intensity. But to hear people brag over and over how great this team is, I gotta laugh, of course they are the best, of course they have depth look at their choices. Teams like Hingham, Arlington, Lexington and A/B have depth but for  only a few years if they are lucky, then it might be another TOWN team that is lucky enough to have depth. I bet in a year or so, AC will be a strong MAGNET for OUTSIDE hockey players, do you understand the word magnet, this is a foreign word to the public 'cause they get what they get "intown" only. Thats reality, private has a better chance of becoming a power house then public, so stop your freaking gloating. Someone said it earlier, renaming this blog, instead of "EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010", maybe something like "let me know how good SMH is, so my head will swell" or "don't knock SMH or I'll blog you to death"! Get a life, folks!
    Posted by hedmanthepuc

nice one hed.....u figured out the whole scenario, thanks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : I can't find it also. Ab how's the new job? I thought this was going to make your life easier.
    Posted by magellann

going pretty well, in the long run it will make my life easier, thanks for asking.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : I saw that both Sullivan's are going to Holy Cross to play next year in the Globe today.  http://www.boston.com/sports/schools/hockey/articles/2010/02/25/ice_chips/ So far i have Brittany Soar to Southern Maine Nina Riley to Providence Courtney Winters to St. Anselms Emily Sullivan to Holy Cross Kylee Sullivan to Holy Cross Sammy Woodward to Brown i am curious - who else??  - these kids are all good students, athletes Congrats to all of them and continued academic and athletic success  
    Posted by BreakOut

heard one of last years Super Teamers is heading for NS Communites new D-1 team...Undecided

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

and another one is riding shotguy with the gas attendant...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

AB needs to watch out.....huge connection with key Beverly cog and SM/AC.....If AB lets up 3 goals, they're goin down...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyc16. Show billyc16's posts

its time to nominate blogger of the year by way of picture...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedmanthepuc. Show hedmanthepuc's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : nice one hed.....u figured out the whole scenario, thanks
    Posted by Paycheck4

Hmmm, I smell sarcasm. I'm not stating this as a war of words, I'm stating this as fact. Its the same with CM on the boys side, reality and so obvious. But there is no where else for you and those like you to play so here we are. I said what I said because most are "gloating" and it just gives me a headache, too much aspirin is not good for you!!!
     As far as running the goalie, why is it stricter in the Olympics, NHL and in Youth hockey, you just can't do this at these levels. I guess the girls get second rate ref's,

Go USA!

; )

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

Hey, play along with me....... If you were in charge of the MIAA ( the grand phoobaha) next year, what are some of the changes that you would implement going forward and what would the priorities be ?
    Since I no longer have a kid playing HS Hockey (after eight seasons) so I'm gonna have some extra time on my hands..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeon1985. Show zeon1985's posts

its time to nominate blogger of the year by way of picture...
    Posted by billyc16

I nominate-

Sections
Shortcuts