EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanners1111. Show tanners1111's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

I'm sure the Hingham girls are happy to only travel to Stoneham this year and not all the way to Lowell. Kind of a down grade in terms of rink because the Tsongas is a much nicer arena, but I think Stoneham will have a much better atmosphere and will certainly fill up more easily. Hopefully Watertown and the quarterfinals finally treat us well tonight. The Qs have never proven to be easy. Last two have been decided by shoot-outs and the year before that an SMH player dove on the ice for the gamewinner and we had to watch it on boston.com for months afterward.. Hopefully the 4th time goes more smoothly. Lets go Tanners!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanners1111. Show tanners1111's posts

Also, read that there were two ejections for SC last night. If this is true how are the penalties assessed seeing as their season is over? Does it carry into their spring sport or do they have to sit a game next year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    Also, read that there were two ejections for SC last night. If this is true how are the penalties assessed seeing as their season is over? Does it carry into their spring sport or do they have to sit a game next year?
    Posted by tanners1111

Not sure if there were 1 or 2 but here's the MIAA rule:

72.13 An Ice Hockey player or coach who is ruled out of an MIAA tournament game for a game misconduct or a game disqualification will be ineligible for the remainder of the tournament. If it is the last game of the tournament for that team, the player or coach will be ineligible for at least the first two hockey games of the next season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Last night a Cathedral player received a game DQ and a 4 min major for checking with about 5 minutes left in the game.  With less than 2 minutes left a Cathedral player and a Hingham player received 7:30 min misconducts and 1:30 min roughs.  Since there was so little time left they were sent to the lockerooms however they did not get a DQ or a game misconduct
    Posted by Onrust

Im confused, you first line says a game DQ for the first girl, which is what I heard which carriers over to next year.  I did hear that the 2nd girl didn't get the DQ and therefore was just sent to lockeroom because of time and wouldnt have the carry over..  that is why I said it was 1 or 2, I heard 1.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanners1111. Show tanners1111's posts

I read it as 1 DQ and another separate incident with 2 game misconducts with little time left, so both just got sent to the lockerroom. The Hingham girl is eligible to play the entire game on Saturday even though she only served 2 of the 7.5 minutes, correct? Doesn't matter to me either way. Just curious and trying to kill time until tonight.

Girl DQed was a senior according to the paper, so that rule won't affect her.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ih8u2. Show Ih8u2's posts

Guess you would have to find out if it was a misconduct or not. If yes, she's out. Lynn basketball player 2 teq fouls= out for next semi game. Hope not, that's a pretty shtty way to end your HS career if a senior.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

Guess you would have to find out if it was a misconduct or not. If yes, she's out. Lynn basketball player 2 teq fouls= out for next semi game. Hope not, that's a pretty shtty way to end your HS career if a senior.
    Posted by Ih8u2

what# was the SC player? I'd have to guess# 15. A complete goon. Coaches sister. She's also 19
    Don't say I didn't tell you a week ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : what# was the SC player? I'd have to guess# 15. A complete goon. Coaches sister. She's also 19 Don't say I didn't tell you a week ago.
    Posted by endofroad

I heard it was #11, not confirmed.  BUT you were correct about #15, she was the capt too I believe.  Between her and #11 it was a tough night for AC last week, BUT I have to say I agree that Lynn/Winthrop was worse, BUT only because I believe the refs for the Springfield game did a credible job in the first period to control the game.  By period 2 #15 had 3 penalties so she was very careful from that point on.. everything at that point was "away from the puck".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : I heard it was #11, not confirmed.  BUT you were correct about #15, she was the capt too I believe.  Between her and #11 it was a tough night for AC last week, BUT I have to say I agree that Lynn/Winthrop was worse, BUT only because I believe the refs for the Springfield game did a credible job in the first period to control the game.  By period 2 #15 had 3 penalties so she was very careful from that point on.. everything at that point was "away from the puck".
    Posted by hillsideoldtimer

That's too bad because they are a good team and don't have to play that way.
    the male coach at SC is a moron anyway. It all starts with him. Teams have said they aren't going to schedule them next year because of the one-sidedness of the refs...good to hear they were fair in your game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

Girl DQed was a senior according to the paper, so that rule won't affect her.
    Posted by tanners1111

Then the coach should have to serve it for her!  I'm sure that's not in the rules, but it should be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

It was a really good game. All in all I would have to say that Lexington probably had a slight edge in the overall game. The difference tonight was goaltending and defense but not the way everyone thought it would go. Shots on goal Lex 32-23. The AB goalie played very well, and yes, she got lucky a couple of times, especially when Lex missed the net on a couple of great chances. Seemed like the Lex coach knew he was beat when with 1:30 left to play AB got called for a penalty and the Lex coach opted not to go for the 6 on 4. Who knows why. Come on Woburn and Sportsdad, let's play again.
    Posted by abgirlsfan

Congrats AB on the victory. Sad to see such a poor amount of press in the Globe today for such a big upset. Your girls deserved better. Please beat Woburn in your next game for I don't think I could stand watching a final game with Woburn playing their trap. It just isn't fun to watch. That said I believe the best 2 teams the Saints and Hingham are facing off in the semis and should be a doozy. Hingham after 4 straight close defeats to the Saints can they finally pull one out. I'll have to go with the Saints 3-2.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : That's too bad because they are a good team and don't have to play that way. the male coach at SC is a moron anyway. It all starts with him. Teams have said they aren't going to schedule them next year because of the one-sidedness of the refs...good to hear they were fair in your game.
    Posted by endofroad

My moles tell me that they petition the "CCL" each year for entry, situations like this will continue to make it tough for them to be let in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

AB, Congrats too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Thank you all !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

AB, Congrats too.
    Posted by magellann

To the Saints

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HARBORWOMEN99. Show HARBORWOMEN99's posts

Saw this guy standing outside St. Mary's this morning.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyc16. Show billyc16's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : To the Saints
    Posted by LARRY1990

you can count on it pal. we will be ready to fight

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

Saw this guy standing outside St. Mary's this morning.
    Posted by HARBORWOMEN99

If that guy is from Higham and he's looking for #18- She has 24 hr security on her from now to the end, and were using a fake bus with the soccer team.  LOL

18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18

Just having some fun.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HARBORWOMEN99. Show HARBORWOMEN99's posts

18, 18, 18.. We're using her magazine to block the top corners. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Woburn 5 Shrewsbury 2:

AB,

See you Saturday!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from greatestfan. Show greatestfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : I heard it was #11, not confirmed.  BUT you were correct about #15, she was the capt too I believe.  Between her and #11 it was a tough night for AC last week, BUT I have to say I agree that Lynn/Winthrop was worse, BUT only because I believe the refs for the Springfield game did a credible job in the first period to control the game.  By period 2 #15 had 3 penalties so she was very careful from that point on.. everything at that point was "away from the puck".
    Posted by hillsideoldtimer

Both #15 and #11 were looking for trouble all night.  #11 took on more than she could handle when she went for #13 Bowler.  The collision sent #11 sprawling across the ice, stopping the game while she recovered.  She seemed to get even more physical with other players after that incident. Finally by the third period, the refs had enough too.  #11 was thrown out  after intentionally slamming a Hingham forward into the boards at mid-ice.  #15 followed with just a few minutes left in the game.  The Hingham player, a Freshman defenseman who has spent VERY little time in the penalty box, was given a roughing penalty with one minute to go, nothing more.  Overall, even with the warnings posted about SC on this site, it was hard to believe what we were seeing.  The higher the score went in Hingham's favor, the more vicious SC became.  The actions of their players were a real embarrassment for their school.  The only good things were that they went home as losers, and no one was seriously hurt.  Glad to have that one behind us!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

Surprise ! Surprise ! Congrats & Goodluck Sportsdad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

Woburn 5 Shrewsbury 2: AB, See you Saturday!
    Posted by Sportsdad23

You gotta admit that there is something wrong with the tournament seedings when the #22 seed was coming into a game against the #3 seed as heavy favorites. Did anyone think Woburn could lose this game?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

Great point. Another reason why records/point totals  don't always tell the whole story. I think AB has been a trick or treat team at times this year. It looks like they are peaking at the right time. AnD Woburn always makes a run in the playoffs. Should be a great game

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

I am going to go with the upset special and pick Hingham on saturday. just a hunch.

I think AB will win, but it would not shock me if Woburn upsets them as well.

Hope I can attend