EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : What the heck is that ranking? Did someone roll the dice?
    Posted by magellann

Hello Mr. Magellan,
    I believe the EMASS Girls Hockey ranking is based on strength of schedule and games played. Since there is no game data, it does look a bit silly. After a few games have been played it should start to take shape.

G

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from iced-t. Show iced-t's posts

OK I wanted to post this before the season got underway but I missed by 2 games but here it is Division 1 1- St Mary's   2- Lexington ...
    Posted by Icing-2

Could you tell us how you determine your rankings?  In particular, what goes into them now before the season has gotten going?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : You can't skate and your eyesight is bad. You qualify perfectly for the position, in the spring you can also umpire. I see a whole new career opening up for you. Are you going to watch any games tonight?
    Posted by abgirlsfan

Looks like AB beat me to it, I guess I'm getting slow and old.

I'll be watching the Ursuline Game but only because their in Lynn Tongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Framingham: 2  Newton North: 1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Ursiline should be an improved team but it will not be much of a game.  Look for like a7-0 game.
    Posted by Icing-2

Good guess. actual 9 -0

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddsahc. Show ddsahc's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Ursiline is a better team this year, they have a few young player, and a new goalie as well. they seem to have improved in the skating, which will keep them in more games. First two lines ( for SM ) sat out the 3rd period, so we got to see some of the newer and younger girls, and they looked good, with a year or two to learn and mature, the sky's the limit.
    Posted by magellann
    Guess they went out and recruited another good class!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Guess they went out and recruited another good class!
    Posted by ddsahc
    Two things you can count on here in Lynn. 1. They stock the ponds with trout 2. They stock St. Mary's with girl hockey players. Yahoo!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MACK85. Show MACK85's posts

Two things you can count on in lynn.1 You're gps will get stolen in the parking lot.2The coach will run up the score on a weak team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : She is a very capable goalie, she must have stood on her head last night. Does anyone haave any info on that game?
    Posted by abgirlsfan

Woburn controlled the game 26 to 6, and the Lincoln keeper is amazing - fun to watch!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sleeper3. Show sleeper3's posts

why are there teams that show 0-0-0 in the standings when they have played 2 games?

do they have to report them to EMASS Hockey's website or does the website research the scores?

We're moving up the food chain.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime91. Show goodtime91's posts

why are there teams that show 0-0-0 in the standings when they have played 2 games? do they have to report them to EMASS Hockey's website or does the website research the scores? We're moving up the food chain.
    Posted by sleeper3

EMASS Hockey checks the newspapers and relys on people to email them the scores of games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime91. Show goodtime91's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : I don't see it going real well for AC tonight. SMH already has two games under their belt, while this will be AC's first real game, keep in mind AC doesn't have Lepore on that team anymore, it's hard to replace all of those goals. People were talking about the Braintree game possibly being a good one, SMH handled them rather easily.
    Posted by abgirlsfan

absgirlsfan, where you at the game?  I was not able to attend but heard from a coach scouting the game that it was a pretty good game.  I believe he said Mary's was up 2-0 going into the third.  Mary's is hands down the best team in the state far and away.  5-0 scores may actually look better as the year goes on and Mary's piles up more wins.  I think only AB has a shot to knock them down a peg.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bb257. Show bb257's posts

SMH vs BRAINTREE First Braintree is a good team , they are big, they can skate, the two goalies are ok and the coach seem to know what he's doing, being he was screaming what they should be doing the whole game. Total shots on SM was only 8. I think what they may not have are goal scorers, there are so many teams that fall into this area, most teams are getting the number of skaters up year to year, and the % of good skaters are going up, the goalies over the last 5-6 years are getting better and better every year. BUT what most school (not-prep) lack are finisher, snipers, girls that have the HANDS an MOVES to find the back of the net Most of the better teams have a least one girl they that team counts on for a large % of there point,(she doesn't score they don't win ) We know some teams have some of these girls ( no names)AB-Lexington-Higham-Woburn-Arlington-AC-fontbonne and I'm sure there a few more like them, the diffence with SMh is they have more than one snipper, maybe as many as 4. My whole blog is only what I think and I'm not the brightest bulb as some of you have mention in the past, I also think SMH or the CCL should not be playing pupic schools, It's can be an advantage to have girls come from different towns to go to that school for what ever reason. I also don't have the answer. I don't mean to throw knifes at any teams. the truth is I  have love the growth in all high school girls hockey teams.And this is the last year for me as my daughter moves on to college, and she is leaning to play another sport in college.
    Posted by magellann

SPOT ON "M"...watch any top team in high school skate around and you think wow these girls are pretty good.... put a puck on the stick or ask them to play a system and watch the wheels fall off!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Wednesday 12/16:

Framingham 2  Wellesley 0

Great game played by both sides, Wellesley goalie did everything but stand on her head.  Wellesley almost got one with a couple minutes or so left in the 3rd with their goalie pulled, Wellesley girls thought they had it but the puck never crossed the line. Framingham missed the empty netter by a foot at the end on a zone clearing icing while shorthanded (6 on 4 with penalty on Framingham and goalie pulled).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirdmanin. Show thirdmanin's posts

SMH--6 AC---2 The game tonight had all the energy of a playoff game. This game was 2-1 with 4 seconds left in the 2nd period with AC winning, then from the reaction of the crowd at the game everything changed depending on which side you rooted for. A SMH player pulled down on a break away and received a penalty shot. Here is were most of the disagreement begins, was it a penalty shot or a hooking penalty, both sides will agree to disagree, the SM player was hurt and couldn't take the shot, so another player took the shot for her, which happened to be last years scoring champ, lucky for SM - unlucky for AC.  Again, a point of disagreement.  (maybe AC should be able to pick the player to shoot?) well the player scored and tied up the game. They clean the ice and all the players play in the 3rd period, even the girl that got hurt on the penalty, some think because she was hurt and couldn't shoot that maybe she should be out of the game? Well game go on and SM scores 4 times in the 3rd. I hope the officials got everything right, because it was a GREAT game otherwise. Two things, I told the story as I saw it from a SM parent, 2nd to the rest of the schools, all I'll say is AC IS BACK and they were kicking some SM a## tonight.
    Posted by magellann

Well put...Both teams worked very hard and it was a GREAT game. I think AC may have surprised a lot of people tonight. They lost their top scorer from last year but had a coaching change and look like a different team. More disciplined, quick shifts, and smart play.  They have some great young players who can put the puck in the net in addition to strong goaltending. They seem to be a much improved team over last year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onrust. Show Onrust's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Goodtime , I'm with you , I too believe AB is the only team that has a chance against St. Marys. Woburn lost too many players from last year and Hingham with all the talent they lost should also be a breeze for St. Marys. The Arlingtons lost all their scoring with Quinn and Lepore gone and the only other team I thought had a chance to beat them was Lexington and they are afraid to play them. ABFAN it's all up to you!!!
    Posted by jzhiphop07

Saturday's game vs. Hingham should be interesting - Hingham's incoming class and new junior more than make up for the talent they lost last year.  If anything Hingham matched every departing senior with talent equal to or better than what departed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

OK Kind of a Wierd night of scores Beverly 5  Wilmington 1 Newton S 5  Wayland 1 Arlington 3  Waltham 3 Braintree 3  Walpole 2 Dedham 2  Needham 0 Framingham 2  Wellesley 0 Milton 10  Brookilne 1 Marblehead 6  Shawsheen 0 NDA 4  Urseline 3 Lexington 8  Belmont 0 Stoneham 7  Woburn 4 Wakefield 5 Reading 4 Sandwich 7 MV 0 Westwood 3  N Quincy 0 Billerica 2  Concord/Carlisle 0 Medford 3  Masco 0 Watertown 4  Medway 0 L/S 3  Chelmsford 1 WHP 5  Scituate 0 SMH 6  AC 2 AB 7  Andover 5 Winchester 6  Burlington 1 Both the NDA/Ursuline game, Medford/Masco game and the Woburn/Stoneham game seem to jump right off the page game
    Posted by Icing-2

I agree that the Stoneham win over top ranked Woburn jumps off the page.What happenend ? Was it just a team (Woburn) over looking an opponent (that it has not lost too in seven years) or has Stoneham sent a message to the Middlesex league. Some other thoughts..... does Chemlsfords second loss in a row mean anything ? Lexington putting up a big number should mean that SW & NR will be tough to defeat this season.The Wakefield vs Reading game was back and fourth right down to the final seconds.Wakefield has some speedy skaters both on offense & defense but will need some help between the pipes this season. Reading has had a coaching change this season and it will take sometime for the new style to take hold but they will be competitive.

Good luck to all the teams and may they all stay healthy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : I agree that the Stoneham win over top ranked Woburn jumps off the page.What happenend ? Was it just a team (Woburn) over looking an opponent (that it has not lost too in seven years) or has Stoneham sent a message to the Middlesex league. Some other thoughts..... does Chemlsfords second loss in a row mean anything ? Lexington putting up a big number should mean that SW & NR will be tough to defeat this season.The Wakefield vs Reading game was back and fourth right down to the final seconds.Wakefield has some speedy skaters both on offense & defense but will need some help between the pipes this season. Reading has had a coaching change this season and it will take sometime for the new style to take hold but they will be competitive. Good luck to all the teams and may they all stay healthy.
    Posted by rocketfan

Woburn came out slow giving up four goals on Stoneham's first six shots, and after that the hole was too deep to climb out of.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

SMH--6 AC---2 The game tonight had all the energy of a playoff game. This game was 2-1 with 4 seconds left in the 2nd period with AC winning, then from the reaction of the crowd at the game everything changed depending on which side you rooted for. A SMH player pulled down on a break away and received a penalty shot. Here is were most of the disagreement begins, was it a penalty shot or a hooking penalty, both sides will agree to disagree, the SM player was hurt and couldn't take the shot, so another player took the shot for her, which happened to be last years scoring champ, lucky for SM - unlucky for AC.  Again, a point of disagreement.  (maybe AC should be able to pick the player to shoot?) well the player scored and tied up the game. They clean the ice and all the players play in the 3rd period, even the girl that got hurt on the penalty, some think because she was hurt and couldn't shoot that maybe she should be out of the game? Well game go on and SM scores 4 times in the 3rd. I hope the officials got everything right, because it was a GREAT game otherwise. Two things, I told the story as I saw it from a SM parent, 2nd to the rest of the schools, all I'll say is AC IS BACK and they were kicking some SM a## tonight.
    Posted by magellann

It was a most exciting game all around.  Very proud of our AC girls, many who have played over the fall with some of the SM players!  They lapsed a littlein the 3rd but I agree, the wind was gone after the penalty shot.  This was a newly revived group of girls, who in the past, would hold their heads low after such a call.  They came out ready to play in the 3rd, no low heads, no "feel sorry for themselves attitude". St'm's scored quickly in the 3rd which seemed to deflate them even more but they NEVER gave up, even behind by 4...  It was what hockey is all about.  SM deserves a pat on the back for not giving up also and coming back big in the 3rd.  They have many girls who could have taken that penatly shot and scored.  Once the call is made, there's no going back, and it should be your best taking it, even if I don't like it, it is what it is.  Rematch should be fun!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Woburn came out slow giving up four goals on Stoneham's first six shots, and after that the hole was too deep to climb out of.
    Posted by Sportsdad23

Sportsdad,
    This in my eyes is a huge upset!  Usually Woburn (BM teams) are in every game and are well coached & conditioned even if they come out slow they battle back and out work there opponent (s). 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rogerde. Show rogerde's posts

Lets not be fooled by the Woburn/Stoneham score. Woburn plays Lexington this Saturday and BM will have his team ready. I would not want to be Lexington playing Woburn off their loss to Stoneham! They will come out snorting fire. BM dose not make very many mistakes when it come to coaching, and he's got the Lexington's coach's number!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

Lets not be fooled by the Woburn/Stoneham score. Woburn plays Lexington this Saturday and BM will have his team ready. I would not want to be Lexington playing Woburn off their loss to Stoneham! They will come out snorting fire. BM dose not make very many mistakes when it come to coaching, and he's got the Lexington's coach's number!!
    Posted by rogerde

Fooled i'm not, just saying.... if you are Stoneham and you are usually at the bottom of the Middlesex league (most years) this has to feel pretty good and a great way to start off your season! as I said in my last post BM always has his team(s) ready and this Sat. game vs Lex should be a good one. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

I know most of you are going to laugh at this and think it's just me being a "homer" but I'm telling you, keep an eye on Framingham over the next few years.  They just may surprise a few people if they can retain their players and not lose them to the prep's. They surprised Wellesley yesterday afternoon beating them for the first time in 6 years. They are 3 lines deep for the first time and will continue to be for the next few years with the incoming freshman replacing those that graduate and also have a freshman goalie coming up next year that has experience and is coming along very nicely.  Will they ever give the SMH's and A/B's of the world a run for their money? More than likely not, but they will definately have the potential of going much deeper into the tournament than the 1st or 2nd round exits they historically make.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Sportsdad, This in my eyes is a huge upset!  Usually Woburn (BM teams) are in every game and are well coached & conditioned even if they come out slow they battle back and out work there opponent (s). 
    Posted by rocketfan

With the loss on Defense of KD, Woburn is bound to struggle defensively until they get someone in there that can hold that blue line the way she and her linemate did for so long.  They have a solid goalie coming up next year in KD's little sister too so I wouldn't be too worried about Woburn, if they don't bounce back this year, they will be a contender again in the very near future.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : With the loss on Defense of KD, Woburn is bound to struggle defensively until they get someone in there that can hold that blue line the way she and her linemate did for so long.  They have a solid goalie coming up next year in KD's little sister too so I wouldn't be too worried about Woburn, if they don't bounce back this year, they will be a contender again in the very near future.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule

Hockeymom,
    I not "worried " about Woburn. It seems that each year they role out good teams (better than good)  and I can't remember when they have had a down year.....
    so I'm just suprised that all ! but lets be careful that this season is so young and one game means nothing in the big skeem of things. I'm glad that Your team looks good and will hopefully continue to do so.

Sections
Shortcuts