SMH- 1
    FBA-1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyc16. Show billyc16's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

yikes------

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

Good effort by Fonty.....they found the secret formula:
    3 crossbars, 3 posts, 6 missed open nets, at least 6 saves ?where is the puck, O I have it,

.......they did not quit, played all 45 minutes and only needed 1.  Congrats to them, they are a nice team, good girls and have great coaches.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from plainjane55. Show plainjane55's posts

CONGRATULATIONS DUCKS/TAYLOR SHEPHERD & HER LAST SECOND HEROICS! 

That being said, an even bigger congratulations to the St. Mary's Spartans and the official Massachusetts longest winning streak at 69! You are well respected by all of us in the MA girls hockey world! Keep your heads up because you have nothing to be ashamed of, an unbeaten streak to continue, and a state championship to defend! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

Very surprising. Physical game, shots on net totals, even played or one sdie dominate. Anybody who was there

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from plainjane55. Show plainjane55's posts

Even played through two with Fontbonne having the better chances in my opinion. SMH goal was pretty flukey. SMH had edge in third, including the entire minute up until the goal. The goal was Fontbonne's only shot in the period.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

So were's all the sm's postings???? I was hoping to read story upon story about how this game played out and to my dissappointment... NOTHING???  You all must have something to say...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nicmcg. Show nicmcg's posts

The better team Tied last night. Is SMH the better team? Yes, but certainly not that night. Fontbonne should be very proud for how hard they played and how supportive their parents and supporters are.  I hope SMH learn that ANYTHING can and will happen, you cannot take anything for granted. We shall see how quickly they rebound.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Some scores of note

Arlington 5  Acton Boxboro 5
    Ursuline Academy 5  Arlington Catholic 2
    Lexington 2  Burlington 0
    CC 4  Newton South 3
    Winchester 3  Woburn 1
    Sandwich 2  Duxbury 2

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

Final from tonight - Reading 1 vs Stoneham 2
    Congrats to Stoneham for making the tournament

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    The better team Tied last night. Is SMH the better team? Yes, but certainly not that night. Fontbonne should be very proud for how hard they played and how supportive their parents and supporters are.  I hope SMH learn that ANYTHING can and will happen, you cannot take anything for granted. We shall see how quickly they rebound.
    Posted by nicmcg
    Now you say the better team tied last night. Was the shot totals correct? SMH-27 Fontbonne - 13. Was it 12-1 in favor of SMH in last period with Fontbonne scoring on its only shot? This sounds more like Fontbonnes goalie was great. Who was there. Did Fontbonne really outplay them with just 13 shots? The papers say they dominated SMH. I guess I'm the bad guy on here but how do you dominate a team with just 13 shots? I'm dying to hear some answers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyc16. Show billyc16's posts

give the goalie credit. she stood on her head and held them in the last period and they made their 1 shot count. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

lol:
    repost:

Good effort by Fonty.....they found the secret formula:
    3 crossbars, 3 posts, 6 missed open nets, at least 6 saves ?where is the puck, O I have it,

.......they did not quit, played all 45 minutes and only needed 1.  Congrats to them, they are a nice team, good girls and have great coaches.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

I'm horrified how our game turned out. 'Nuff said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

As icing said Final  AB 5    Arlington 5
    Qucik recap. not exactly the game everyone thought we were going to see. Looked like the final would be 9-8 and a win by who ever had the puck last. Both goaltenders have had better nights, let's leave it that way. Defenses finally settled down in the second. Strange game all around, Arlington D get tossed after receiving her 4th penalty. Arlington takes lead with about two minutes on a bad goal. AB pulled goalie with 1:35 and scores about 10 seconds later to tie it. Arlington takes another penalty with with about 1:15 left and AB pounded the net with shots, wouldn't you know it, they couldn't put it home for the first time all night. Last shot of the gmae missed by inches. Both goalies will have to play much better for either of these teams to make any noise in the dance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymomof3. Show hockeymomof3's posts

Everyone seems to be a little too quiet going in to the home stretch this week.
    Beverly/Gloucester won the league title last night.
    Happy hockey for the rest of everyone's games this week.
    Cant wait to see the seedings!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fmd. Show fmd's posts

would agree with the coach. Girls HS hockey talentwise is down IMHO. There are some outstanding players out there, but many of the teams I watched this year are shadows of their former selves.

With more girls playing hockey every year and starting from a younger age, I think what we are seeing  is that most teams can now  at least play sound positional hockey as HS coaches can teach their whole team more than basic fundamentals. Fewer of the "stars" can just skate around everyone and their own teamates know that is not how the game is played or won. The same or fewer girls are heading to prep( same amount of prep squads/some schools in North New England have almost half the rosters they had before) So perhaps the "bottom up" improvement is creating different results than what's been expected. Goalies on the other hand are in very short supply in the publics. There are a few in pubs but because they are at such a premium, the preps swoop in the rest grab them

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone seems to be a little too quiet going in to the home stretch this week. Beverly/Gloucester won the league title last night. Happy hockey for the rest of everyone's games this week. Cant wait to see the seedings!!!!
    Posted by hockeymomof3[/QUOTE]

Congrat's to the Beverly Co-op nicely done!
    Maybe We can get a rematch ?
    Good luck going forward

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

Ursuline 5  AC  2  Yowser!!!! After early in the year a 6-1 AC victory what happened here? Magellan gone since Fontbonne 1-1 tie , no icing report on game. Is everyone sulking again? At least ABfan reported on his tie game with Arlington even though he was dying to avenge their earlier loss to Arlington. What about the Framingham 15 goal onslaught on Brookline. Is that this years record?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyrocks. Show hockeyrocks's posts

[QUOTE]Ursuline 5  AC  2  Yowser!!!! After early in the year a 6-1 AC victory what happened here? Magellan gone since Fontbonne 1-1 tie , no icing report on game. Is everyone sulking again? At least ABfan reported on his tie game with Arlington even though he was dying to avenge their earlier loss to Arlington. What about the Framingham 15 goal onslaught on Brookline. Is that this years record?
    Posted by jzhiphop07[/QUOTE]

Pretty simple. Ursaline came to play and AC did not. Ursaline outplayed AC overall and had multiple odd man rushes on one end and played good D at the other. Ursaline goalie played extremely well. AC did have multiple chances in the offensive zone but did not play well in their own end. AC had too many defensive breakdowns and couldn't overcome a 3-0 deficit...Down 3-1 after 2, AC allowed another 2 quick goals in the 3rd. Ursaline wanted this one more. Hats off to Ursaline.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

Who will win big game tomorrow #1 SMH with their balance or AB with #1 line in State with 3 players over 40 points. Before year I predicted big victory for AB in this game but have now changed mind for they're giving up too many goals in their big games and that won't work against SMH. Never mind the streak is over and the Saints are hungry to start another one. I like Saints 5-1.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

[QUOTE]Ursuline 5  AC  2  Yowser!!!! After early in the year a 6-1 AC victory what happened here? Magellan gone since Fontbonne 1-1 tie , no icing report on game. Is everyone sulking again? At least ABfan reported on his tie game with Arlington even though he was dying to avenge their earlier loss to Arlington. What about the Framingham 15 goal onslaught on Brookline. Is that this years record?

I'm still here, FB played well. Should be good game against AB.

AB check messages

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Who will win big game tomorrow #1 SMH with their balance or AB with #1 line in State with 3 players over 40 points. Before year I predicted big victory for AB in this game but have now changed mind for they're giving up too many goals in their big games and that won't work against SMH. Never mind the streak is over and the Saints are hungry to start another one. I like Saints 5-1.

You know I would love to disagree with you but cannot in my right mind or even my left one. We are giving up to many goals in big games to hang with them tomorrow. We should have won that big game last night 4-2. Offense was fine, but again all the goals came from first line or power play, which includdes first line. I thin kyour prediction is not too far off, I'm afraid.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PassMeThePuck. Show PassMeThePuck's posts

Hey, the USA Womens Hockey team beat China 12-1, someone shoud write to there coach and tell him that he needs to back down a little. Maybe skate the 4th line more or practice passing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Pretty simple. Ursaline came to play and AC did not. Ursaline outplayed AC overall and had multiple odd man rushes on one end and played good D at the other. Ursaline goalie played extremely well. AC did have multiple chances in the offensive zone but did not play well in their own end. AC had too many defensive breakdowns and couldn't overcome a 3-0 deficit...Down 3-1 after 2, AC allowed another 2 quick goals in the 3rd. Ursaline wanted this one more. Hats off to Ursaline.
    Posted by hockeyrocks[/QUOTE]

All true.  Some important notes about the AC AD. He should be ashamed at what he has done to this team over the past week. First, Arlington given home team status over scheduled AC home team start??? Not sure what happened, something about money for refs, hope that isnt true but certainly was tilting game in AHS's favor, this rink is home for both teams and last year AHS was home???  Not very fair.  At least we ended in a tie. then he reschedules a game at 8:45pm and somehow forgets to confirm the trainer to show up, so a delay of 1/2 hour.  The game didnt start till almost 9:15, that is very late for BOTH teams and hats off to Urseline for sticking it out and not taking a forfeit and winning with some excellent execution.

Again, no excuses, Urseline came to play.  It just really is frustrating to watch the AC AD do this over and over again to this group of girls.  I hope he reads this blog!