EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : seems since championship season ac has been on a decline as smh keeps getting better and better. their poor play against the lynners has probably frustrated parents and brought about the change. the program must get better to compete for the better players and slow down the flocking to smh. its become a 1 team catholic conference and people want better....
    Posted by billyc16[/QUOTE]

Good Point billyc.  Usually when a coaching change happens its clear there are issues.  Since they are AC's issues, commenting on them would be irresponsible.  The team started a rebuild last year with the old coach's.  The talent is there waiting to be tapped into. The next several years looks very promising for this young team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddsahc. Show ddsahc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : seems since championship season ac has been on a decline as smh keeps getting better and better. their poor play against the lynners has probably frustrated parents and brought about the change. the program must get better to compete for the better players and slow down the flocking to smh. its become a 1 team catholic conference and people want better....
    Posted by billyc16[/QUOTE]MAybe SMH has done more...shall I beg to say...done more recruiting..all be it something as innocent as wantching club teams play and simply saying you should look at SMH or parents actively out there trying to bring in better players year after year or a combo of both or even somthing I may of missed...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rogerde. Show rogerde's posts

2-1 Lexington. Both played hard. Woodward was great!. Her goal was typical for her,fast and low.Few goalies will stop her. She has  commited to Brown I hear! Riley was the difference in the goaltending department, also commited to Providence. SMH and Lexington played even the first period and then Lexington started to take over and controlled the game to the end. Seems as though SMH got tired and was unable to skate with Lexingtons speed. Only a scrimage though, so take it for what it is

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

[QUOTE]2-1 Lexington. Both played hard. Woodward was great!. Her goal was typical for her,fast and low.Few goalies will stop her. She has  commited to Brown I hear! Riley was the difference in the goaltending department, also commited to Providence. SMH and Lexington played even the first period and then Lexington started to take over and controlled the game to the end. Seems as though SMH got tired and was unable to skate with Lexingtons speed. Only a scrimage though, so take it for what it is
    Posted by rogerde[/QUOTE]
    Just what I expected a Lexington scrimmage victory against SMH. How can SMH have trouble keeping up with Lexingtons speed when it has all the speed back from the team that dominated Lexington in last years playoffs. I'll take it for what it was/ scrimmage. If Lexington is as good as SMH they certainly blew a great opportunity to end their great streak by not playing them in a game this season. I find it hard to believe the SMH coach wouldn't have given them a game if they wanted it. I may be wrong on that but I don't think so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rogerde. Show rogerde's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Just what I expected a Lexington scrimmage victory against SMH. How can SMH have trouble keeping up with Lexingtons speed when it has all the speed back from the team that dominated Lexington in last years playoffs. I'll take it for what it was/ scrimmage. If Lexington is as good as SMH they certainly blew a great opportunity to end their great streak by not playing them in a game this season. I find it hard to believe the SMH coach wouldn't have given them a game if they wanted it. I may be wrong on that but I don't think so.
    Posted by jzhiphop07[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rogerde. Show rogerde's posts

You are right 100%!! Lexington was the one that did not want to play in a regular NC game. You know that Frank always plays to win. He did't just tell the girls to take the day off. Lets face it, SMH may not dominate as much as they used to, not because they are not as good, rather other teams are getting better. Lets just say that SMH had an off weekend and see how the rest of the games play out.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from above-the-law. Show above-the-law's posts

[QUOTE]You are right 100%!! Lexington was the one that did not want to play in a regular NC game. You know that Frank always plays to win. He did't just tell the girls to take the day off. Lets face it, SMH may not dominate as much as they used to, not because they are not as good, rather other teams are getting better. Lets just say that SMH had an off weekend and see how the rest of the games play out.......
    Posted by rogerde[/QUOTE]

First remember it was just a scrimmage and try-outs for many players.  All JV players were there and SMH played 4 lines.  They also played a back-up goalie.  These scrimmages are just what they say they are - SMH was juggling lines trying to find chemistry but the coach is also playing a lot of new faces to see if anyone fits in with the team.  As for the Winchester game let's just say 1/2 the team was at a soccer banquet and the entire JV team played as well as a goalie who never played goalie before - REMEMBER IT IS ONLY A SCRIMMAGE!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

To Icing-2, yes it should read that Lexington is the team to beat.

To Ponderspy, Arlington looked OK on the Blue Line Saturday night, but Woburn looked surprisingly strong - but it was pre-season hockey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rogerde. Show rogerde's posts

Yup your right. Both played all players (4lines) Lexington kept Reilly in goal for whole game. In the long run it all means nothing!! Go SMH!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime91. Show goodtime91's posts

Any further info on Waltham - Wellesley gm.  Bit surprised by the score, granted it is 2 period scrimmage.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sleeper3. Show sleeper3's posts

And I'm sure your the authority on everything girls hockey.

Polls mean nothing. Scrimmages mean nothing.
    Bring on the season. Everything will settle in.

You're right...it doesn't matter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : SMH does play Woburn ( 1-27-2010 )  as far as Lexington, they are not there as you say, BUT we do have a scrimmage with them, and you know what happens on this board when we have a scrimmage. For those of you that have forgot, when you scrimmage another team and win, well they think it should count until you lose and then it was only a scrimmage, and then we can comment on all the scrimmages and figure if team (A) beat team (B) and team (B) losses to team (C) than of course team (A) is given the STATE TITLE before we play any real games. LOL After a years absence SMH has added Matigon back to the schedule (twice) so there Mr Icing-2
    Posted by magellann
    Boy you hit it right about all the crazies coming out and think their scrimmage victories should actually count as something. If we go by your A,B,C premises we could actually give Lexington the STATE TITLE and cancel the season. LOL
    And tell Sleeper I'll be coming out with my poll right  after Icing. Another LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xj9. Show xj9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : I am almost positive she did leave Fontbonne. Everyone I've talked to said she was gone, but cannot confirm that 100%. If that is the case, they will really, really miss her.
    Posted by abgirlsfan[/QUOTE]

I can confirm Shep is still at fontbonne

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

Saw parts of some games at the weekend. Hingham looked pretty strong vs BL. Braintree continues to improve and will give many teams all they can handle.
    Fontbonne will be fine again this year, not as strong as last year, but they will have a good season and should contend for the DII title

Scrimmages IMHO mean zero, they are a chance for the coach to see what he has and to experiment with lines/combo's etc.

any score from Mt Sc /vs Fontbonne

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Framingham vs. Winchester at 4:10pm at Loring today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : AB vs Lincoln Sudbury this afternoon at 3:15. Works out well for both teams as they practice at the same place.
    Posted by abgirlsfan[/QUOTE]

Any results from yesterday?

Woburn, Chelmsford scrimmage today at 4:40 in Woburn.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from girlswiz. Show girlswiz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Any results from yesterday? Woburn, Chelmsford scrimmage today at 4:40 in Woburn.
    Posted by Sportsdad23[/QUOTE]

Is the Woburn/Chelmsford scrimmage at 4:40 or 3:00.  I heard 3:00..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Is the Woburn/Chelmsford scrimmage at 4:40 or 3:00.  I heard 3:00..
    Posted by girlswiz

Yes 3:00 to 4:40, team at rink at 2:30...makes more sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Framingham vs. Winchester, tied 2-2.  Winchester scored first in the 2nd, Framingham tied it towards the end of the 2nd and went ahead 2-1 early in the 3rd.  Framingham then used about 9 minutes of 3rd period to practice being shorthanded.  Winchester tied it up about 10 seconds after the first line came off a 4 min. shift. 1st line went back out for remainder and held them off to keep the tie. Was a good back and forth game overall with what seemed like limited playing time for the 3rd and 4th liners of both teams.  Winchester looked like they had 4 lines of girls (if not 4 complete, pretty close, they definately had a lot of bodies), with the 4th seemingly not playing much, but with the intensity that some of them were playing with it was obvious they were still fighting for spots, or thinking they were. Only issue of the game was one managed to knock one of Framingham's D unconscious with a cross check to the back of the head, not cool under any circumstances, but especially in a scrimmage.  A move like that on our team would have gotten her sent down to JV, not given her points to stay with the Varsity. I would imagine the Winchester coach couldn't have been happy with it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Icing - if you're referring to the 5 goals scored between NDA and Falmouth at the Summit, it was clear that both teams were playing girls that more than likely aren't going to be on the roster or dressing reglularly for Varsity games.  A few times NDA's weaker players were out on the ice against Falmouths stronger players and vice versa.  Both goalies for both looked to be pretty decent. Falmouth must have have had at least 4 lines, if not almost 5, worth of players with them and NDA looked like they were carrying an extra lines worth of players at least as well. When each had their regular lines out there it was a fun, back and forth game that was entertaining to watch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime91. Show goodtime91's posts

Braintree has a real tough non league schedule this season:

Mary's
    Hingham
    W-H/Pembroke
    Fontbonne

I am excited to see how they perform tonight.  I think their coach has high expectations based off their non league.  This could be a real tough team that gives Milton and Wellelsey a run for the Bay State this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bb257. Show bb257's posts

[QUOTE]Framingham vs. Winchester, tied 2-2.  Winchester scored first in the 2nd, Framingham tied it towards the end of the 2nd and went ahead 2-1 early in the 3rd.  Framingham then used about 9 minutes of 3rd period to practice being shorthanded.  Winchester tied it up about 10 seconds after the first line came off a 4 min. shift. 1st line went back out for remainder and held them off to keep the tie. Was a good back and forth game overall with what seemed like limited playing time for the 3rd and 4th liners of both teams.  Winchester looked like they had 4 lines of girls (if not 4 complete, pretty close, they definately had a lot of bodies), with the 4th seemingly not playing much, but with the intensity that some of them were playing with it was obvious they were still fighting for spots, or thinking they were. Only issue of the game was one managed to knock one of Framingham's D unconscious with a cross check to the back of the head, not cool under any circumstances, but especially in a scrimmage.  A move like that on our team would have gotten her sent down to JV, not given her points to stay with the Varsity. I would imagine the Winchester coach couldn't have been happy with it.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

you have got to be kidding me...... OH hockeymom..... that explains everything did you bring your stop watch to time the shifts of this meaningful  SCRIMMAGE
    Cry

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : you have got to be kidding me...... OH hockeymom ..... that explains everything did you bring your stop watch to time the shifts of this meaningful  SCRIMMAGE
    Posted by bb257[/QUOTE]

Huh? Who said anything about time of shifts??  Not me. 

Barking up the wrong tree if you're trying to bait into that kind of discussion.  Been there, done that with my oldest, have the t-shirt, sweatshirt and probably a few pairs of practice shorts he left behind before leaving for school again back in August too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from girlswiz. Show girlswiz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Jamboree Arlington plays Chelmsford 1 period AC Plays Chelmsford 1 Period Icemake Ac Plays Arlington 1 period Season starts next week for all 3 teams Arlington opens 12/16 vs Waltham Chelmsford opens 12/16 vs Lincoln/Sudbury AC opens 12/16 at St Marys
    Posted by Icing-2[/QUOTE]

Chelmsford's season starts 12/13 (Sunday) against Boston Latin

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Mass Hockey site now has rankings working:

http://www.emasshockeyonline.com/rankings.html?did=F