EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ih8u2. Show Ih8u2's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Erin McAndrews (SMH) Sacred Heart University (softball/hockey).
    Good news! Proud to see local kids continue their dream in college.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Erin McAndrews (SMH) Sacred Heart University (softball/hockey) offered roster spot for both sports can only play one (still deciding)
    Posted by above-the-law

They're crazy to tell her one sport? She's so good at both. I wouldn't know what to do if they said that to my daughter. That's a tough one.

She did hit that HUGE home run a couple of years back but there is NOTHING like a hockey freindship. NO jealousy, you'll jump in front of a train for your teammates, almost everyone in college gets in a game with hockey when kids sit on the bench with softball and it's a much longer season as WE ALL know.

Good luck with that decision.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : They're crazy to tell her one sport? She's so good at both. I wouldn't know what to do if they said that to my daughter. That's a tough one. She did hit that HUGE home run a couple of years back but there is NOTHING like a hockey freindship. NO jealousy, you'll jump in front of a train for your teammates, almost everyone in college gets in a game with hockey when kids sit on the bench with softball and it's a much longer season as WE ALL know. Good luck with that decision.
    Posted by endofroad

HA, yes, from a parents persepctive those LONG hours at the ball field.. UGH.  At least with hockey its a planned time, and then over. With softball it can go on and on and on..  players love it, but lugging those beach chairs to a softball game to be eaten alive by mosquitos... I'll take a cold rink anyday over that!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyc16. Show billyc16's posts

a player get two handed with a stick across the back of her head  * Mom* C'mon......
    Posted by Paycheck4
    player hauled down , then mauled and then speared. lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : How many penalities did you guys rack up? I had heard there team was physical.
    Posted by Middlesextoday

Four for Woburn.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ih8u2. Show Ih8u2's posts

? lighten up Francis?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

I guess Hingham came to play, 12-3 over Waltham.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from greatestfan. Show greatestfan's posts

The actual score for the Hingham vs. Waltham game was 11 to 3.  Hingham dominated the game from the beginning to end, but to their credit, Waltham never quit.  They scored 3 goals on 11 shots on net. Hingham's defense was outstanding tonight with 3 of their goals coming off shots by the defense. Chrissie Bowler scored her 100th career goal with a hat trick, joining Courtney Winters of St. Mary's in the 200 point/100 goal club. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

? lighten up Francis?  BINGO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Middlesextoday. Show Middlesextoday's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Four for Woburn.
    Posted by Sportsdad23

Wow...that does not seem like a high number especially since all you read on here was how physical the Barns team was,  I thoughtyou were going to say you were shorthanded all game with the way you wrote your post.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Billy - she did, it was our own player that did it and didn't get called for it.  In fact, 2 of the things up there were done by our own players and they weren't called for it.  It was embarrassing, they should have been penalties.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyc16. Show billyc16's posts

Billy - she did, it was our own player that did it and didn't get called for it.  In fact, 2 of the things up there were done by our own players and they weren't called for it.  It was embarrassing, they should have been penalties.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule

ok i believe ya

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

Anybody have any input on todays games,
    Andover at SMH
    AC at Spring. Cathedral
    Linc./Sud. at Lex.
    Shrews. vs. Med./Ash.
    Woburn at Arl.

How about Tomorrows tilt,
    Bev./Glouc. at A/B

WT

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Anybody have any input on todays games, Andover at SMH AC at Spring. Cathedral Linc./Sud. at Lex. Shrews. vs. Med./Ash. Woburn at Arl. How about Tomorrows tilt, Bev./Glouc. at A/B WT
    Posted by wtcash

Only one comment Cash, GO LS!!!!!! I know it's wishful thinking, they do have a very good goaltender but I'm pretty sure they don't have enough firepower to beat Lexington, but I'm hoping.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Only one comment Cash, GO LS!!!!!! I know it's wishful thinking, they do have a very good goaltender but I'm pretty sure they don't have enough firepower to beat Lexington, but I'm hoping.
    Posted by abgirlsfan

Not enough firepower sounds like the right term. As a team they have only scored 40 goals all year with no more than 3 goals in any game (except 1). On the flip side they have only allowed 27 goals against. So their only chance would be to score and then try to make it stand up. No easy task against Lex. BTW, AB - you need to get by Beverly first :)

As far as the other games go. This is Shrewsbury's first test in the tournament. I predict they will pass.

The AC/SC game should be a very intense physical game. If AC's defense and goaltending can hold, I think they should prevail. I give them the edge offensively even though they have scored fewer goals than SC (93 v 86), their SOS is much higher.

Woburn v Arlington. Arlington seems just too strong for Woburn to handle, but Woburn is a team that always comes alive in the tournament. Let's see what coach M has up his sleeve.

SMH vs Andover. SMH is the favorite, but if they don't come ready for a battle, then they may be bowing out of the tourney early.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Not enough firepower sounds like the right term. As a team they have only scored 40 goals all year with no more than 3 goals in any game (except 1). On the flip side they have only allowed 27 goals against. So their only chance would be to score and then try to make it stand up. No easy task against Lex. BTW, AB - you need to get by Beverly first :) As far as the other games go. This is Shrewsbury's first test in the tournament. I predict they will pass. The AC/SC game should be a very intense physical game. If AC's defense and goaltending can hold, I think they should prevail. I give them the edge offensively even though they have scored fewer goals than SC (93 v 86), their SOS is much higher. Woburn v Arlington. Arlington seems just too strong for Woburn to handle, but Woburn is a team that always comes alive in the tournament. Let's see what coach M has up his sleeve. SMH vs Andover. SMH is the favorite, but if they don't come ready for a battle, then they may be bowing out of the tourney early.
    Posted by ghockeyfan

I would think that Shrewsbury will win this one, but this is what everyone has been waiting to see. Where should they have actually been seeded had this not been done solely by record.
    The girls from SMH better hope that they have a ref that will not "let em' play" because they are in for a smash-mouth kind of game from Andover because that's the way they play. Their success will depend on how tight the game is called.
    We all know that Coach M always has something up his sleeve, unfortunately this time it might only be his arm. This could probably be a pretty good game and it would not shock me to see Woburn win a big game at this time of the year, they always seemed to do exactly that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

We can only hope that LS plays a great game, its a small test for Lex, but you never know! Like you said lets go LS.

AC/Springfield, like you said very Physical matchup, whoever stays out of the box will benefit. AC's goalie was hurt towards the end of the season, hopefully she's Ok. whoever gets the "W", their next fate is Hingham!

Arlington/Woburn, I know its not much to go on, but I believe they had a scrimmage early on, 4-4 tie. Woburn could also be a spoiler in this one especially if they feel that they are the underdog.

SMH/Andover, I pity Andover, their goalie will see a lot of rubber, that's for sure. I'd be curious how #16 for Andover acts in this affair, be careful SMH players!

Shrewsbury,well being here is a gift,especially once they go to the next round without hardly breaking a sweat(should take care of Medway). They finally will be tested next rd, so we'll finally see what they are made of.

WT

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ih8u2. Show Ih8u2's posts

I do think Sm will prevail, I'm concerned about the physical play of Andover. Sm will probably be very frustrated being bounced off the puck, they better hope for good refs. Ultimately SM will wear them down, too fast, too many, just too much talent even if they shut down 1 their are like 7 right behind her who can finish the job. Best game today is a toss up between AC/Spring and WB/Arl all good teams.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

I do think Sm will prevail, I'm concerned about the physical play of Andover. Sm will probably be very frustrated being bounced off the puck, they better hope for good refs. Ultimately SM will wear them down, too fast, too many, just too much talent even if they shut down 1 their are like 7 right behind her who can finish the job. Best game today is a toss up between AC/Spring and WB/Arl all good teams.
    Posted by Ih8u2
    Listen Hingham beat Andover 10-1 , AC beat them 7-1 and even Wakefield beat them 7-4 and then lost to SMH 9-2. This should be an all out rout probably 9-0 my guess.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ih8u2. Show Ih8u2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Listen Hingham beat Andover 10-1 , AC beat them 7-1 and even Wakefield beat them 7-4 and then lost to SMH 9-2. This should be an all out rout probably 9-0 my guess.
    Posted by jzhiphop07

Ok, said they were going to win!!! Relax dude. I still don't think they are going to roll over and die. Just physical, something sm doesn't play, nor do they need to.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from greatestfan. Show greatestfan's posts

Anyone know the final of the Arlington Catholic vs Springfield Catholic game?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Anyone know the final of the Arlington Catholic vs Springfield Catholic game?
    Posted by greatestfan

SC 3  AC 2---AC had a 2-0 lead with 5:30 left in the game and could not close the deal.

SMH 6  Andover 0

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

I told you coach M had something up his sleeve. Who has the recap of this game and the Lexington game?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Woburn 2 Arlington 1 in OT:

Game should have ended in regulation, but first goal of the game nullified by a quick whistle. Woburn gave up a quick goal after the poor call on an emotional let down, but regrouped to push the game to OT. Teams were very even, and the game moved quickly with many shots on both sides.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedixiepucks. Show thedixiepucks's posts

give LS a ton of credit for playing tough but this one was never in doubt
    Lex 2 LS 0