EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    Quarterfinal game switches Just got this e-mail from our coach which was forwarded from the MIAA Change in dates and time due to a conflict with other teams competing. MIAA will provide all logistics of the game tickets, staff, trainer, and officials. Please review the tournament format for supervisory needs for crowd control.   Watertown Ryan Rink      1 Paramount Place Watertown, MA 02172 617-972-6468 . Quarterfinal 3/2,3 Tuesday St. Mary's vs Braintree  7:30pm Shrewsbury vs Woburn  5:30pm   Wednesday Cathedral vs Hingham                    5:30pm Lexington vs Acton Boxborough   7:30pm   Semifinals 3/6 Saturday Stoneham Area 101 Montvale Ave. Stoneham, MA 02180 781-279-2629   State Finals    Boston Garden 3/14/10 Division 2      9:00am Division 1      8:00pm   Thanks in Advance for you help!!  Best of Luck to all your teams.  
    Posted by Onrust

The MIAA site has the Woburn game on Thursday 3/4?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bb257. Show bb257's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Oh I get it now...you seem to be on the wrong forum. Here ya go.... http://stoogeworld.yuku.com/directory Good luck in your new adventure.
    Posted by ghockeyfan

Ahhhhhh!   Finally Home

:)Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : was I correct witht the prediction of the Springfield team, rink and refs? I gutsta know.
    Posted by endofroad
      The Springfield team was fisty and chippy, do not know if I would call them Dirty...the did belt one the AC players directly from behind face first and got away with a minor penalty for roughing.  As for the officials they did a credible job, certinaly not the reason AC lost.  AC had 2 lenghty 5 on 3's and had more pp's than SC and did not put the puck in the net...If AC could of converted in their PP oppertunities they would of routed SC but did not.  AC had control of the game through 2 1/2 periods, got cought on some long shifts late in the 3rd period and it definitely cost them.  They should live and learn...They (AC) have a boat load of talent comming back including 5 of the top 6 forwards, 2 very strong defensemen and a goalie with 2 yrs of being an #1 goalie. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 :   The Springfield team was fisty and chippy, do not know if I would call them Dirty...the did belt one the AC players directly from behind face first and got away with a minor penalty for roughing.  As for the officials they did a credible job, certinaly not the reason AC lost.  AC had 2 lenghty 5 on 3's and had more pp's than SC and did not put the puck in the net...If AC could of converted in their PP oppertunities they would of routed SC but did not.  AC had control of the game through 2 1/2 periods, got cought on some long shifts late in the 3rd period and it definitely cost them.  They should live and learn...They (AC) have a boat load of talent comming back including 5 of the top 6 forwards, 2 very strong defensemen and a goalie with 2 yrs of being an #1 goalie. 
    Posted by Icing-2

I guess that I'm glad that i'll be gone and won't have that to deal with.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ih8u2. Show Ih8u2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 :   The Springfield team was fisty and chippy, do not know if I would call them Dirty...Posted by Icing-2

With all that said, how do you think Hingham will do against them? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : With all that said, how do you think Hingham will do against them? 
    Posted by Ih8u2

I think Hingham will have no problem, If they stay diciplined.  They (SC) has a tendency to play the game very Horizontal and crash the net on every whistle.  Try to change the side the puck is on.  They always have a defenseman on the weak side.  They only skate 3 defensemen so if HHS can keep the tempo up, which they always do should win maybe 5 or 6 to 1.

Smh should win by a similar score say 6-1.

Lex should get past AB 3-1 and the great unknown is WHS vs SHS  Ill go with SHA 2-1.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ih8u2. Show Ih8u2's posts

n Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : I think Hingham will have no problem, If they stay diciplined.  They (SC) has a tendency to play the game very Horizontal and crash the net on every whistle.  Try to change the side the puck is on.  They always have a defenseman on the weak side.  They only skate 3 defensemen so if HHS can keep the tempo up, which they always do should win maybe 5 or 6 to 1. Smh should win by a similar score say 6-1. Lex should get past AB 3-1 and the great unknown is WHS vs SHS  Ill go with SHA 2-1.
    Posted by Icing-2

thx- WB V. SBY, who knows??? No idea if the record means anything??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzhiphop07. Show jzhiphop07's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : I think Hingham will have no problem, If they stay diciplined.  They (SC) has a tendency to play the game very Horizontal and crash the net on every whistle.  Try to change the side the puck is on.  They always have a defenseman on the weak side.  They only skate 3 defensemen so if HHS can keep the tempo up, which they always do should win maybe 5 or 6 to 1. Smh should win by a similar score say 6-1. Lex should get past AB 3-1 and the great unknown is WHS vs SHS  Ill go with SHA 2-1.
    Posted by Icing-2
    Well Ice I do also like Saints and Hingham to win appx. 6-1 in each game. I also like the Lex. over AB at 3-1. As far as the other game you'd have to like Woburn over Shrewsbury if you look at the 1 similar team they each played. Woburn beat Burlington twice by a combined total of 14-2. Shrewsbury just squeaked by Burlington 4-3. That said I'll say Woburn by a score of 4-2. AB has a shot at an upset special but they can't afford to give up any easy goals or they're doomed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

On the D2 Side of things
    Canton will take care of Winchester 4-2
    Fontbonne gets past Walpole 5-2
    Duxbury beats Wellesley 3-1
    and Sandwich will double up on Stoneham 4-2

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

Sorry not to get off the subject of the great games that will be happening in the next few days, but I've got to ask one question. Why can't the MIAA and Mass hockey get together and schedule the Finals without conflicts? What I mean is, the HS finals are the same weekend as the non-national bound state tournament. Lets say that SMH or Hingham and Lex. or A/B make the HS finals, that could be about 12-15 skaters that are also on a non-national club team. I know the High School tournament is #1, but after skating all season for their club and not being able to skate in their tournament, just doesn't seem right!
    Or it seems someone just doesn't give a S%$#t, because this happens year after year.

WT

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slowbutquick. Show slowbutquick's posts

Sorry not to get off the subject of the great games that will be happening in the next few days, but I've got to ask one question. Why can't the MIAA and Mass hockey get together and schedule the Finals without conflicts? What I mean is, the HS finals are the same weekend as the non-national bound state tournament. Lets say that SMH or Hingham and Lex. or A/B make the HS finals, that could be about 12-15 skaters that are also on a non-national club team. I know the High School tournament is #1, but after skating all season for their club and not being able to skate in their tournament, just doesn't seem right! Or it seems someone just doesn't give a S%$#t, because this happens year after year. WT
    Posted by wtcash

I think they do it on purpose because they do it in soccer also.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

how long is the season supposed to go on ?  Spring sports officially starts on Monday the 15th................Y does it take 3 weeks to play a 27 team tournament.....get it done, get it over, and get a break before the next season starts !!!!!!!!!!111

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

In the end only some players from four teams will be directly impacted, those are the teams that end up at the Garden.

I hate saying this part...
    We wanted our girls to play at the Garden (the same as the boys), so now we have to live with the consequences. Can't have our cake and eat it too.

MIAA put all the games on the same day this year, probably for scheduling and money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

Will wednesdays two games at Watertown have separate admissions?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from above-the-law. Show above-the-law's posts

Posted by corrosive

No - but once you go in you can't go out for any reason!  If you have to have a smoke they will make you pay again. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

Posted by corrosive

I gotta plan if they kick everyone out between games, but somebody's gotta let me know if they have a couple of those "checking dummies", if so they'll have an extra one tomorrow night  ; )!!!
    That's my plan and I'm sticking to it!!

Sorry long day, anyways good luck to SMH and Woburn.(sorry Woburn, wrong night)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

In the end only some players from four teams will be directly impacted, those are the teams that end up at the Garden. I hate saying this part... We wanted our girls to play at the Garden (the same as the boys), so now we have to live with the consequences. Can't have our cake and eat it too. MIAA put all the games on the same day this year, probably for scheduling and money.
    Posted by ghockeyfan

BINGO!!

I liked it better when they were at Harvard!!!they were earlier, not a lot maybe 3 or 4 days earlier and during the week...I think the Garden will only give them 1 date to put all the games in.  They claim they make no money that day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

Y not get it done early enough to do the Final Four at Fenway....??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

So its Ghockeys fault this thing is taking so long......jeeezz

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Where's the recap of the SMH/Braintree game?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Where's the recap of the SMH/Braintree game?
    Posted by abgirlsfan

Hi Ab,
    Fairly boring recap follows....
    It was a pretty physical game but not over the top. SMH controlled play for about 90% of the game. BHS had some chances on two of their PP's but couldn't convert. Penalties were probably 9 - 3 with BHS having the 9. Ref-ing was reasonable. It was 3 - 0 after 1, and the 5 - 0 after 2, no scoring in the 3rd.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

btw........ghockey admitted that he is the cause of dragging out the season....jeez

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

With seven D1 teams left the postings are slowing down. AB good luck tonight with Lexington, and let's see if we can play again on Saturday!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

btw........ghockey admitted that he is the cause of dragging out the season....jeez
    Posted by Paycheck4

Too much coffee ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from above-the-law. Show above-the-law's posts

With seven D1 teams left the postings are slowing down. AB good luck tonight with Lexington, and let's see if we can play again on Saturday!
    Posted by Sportsdad23

When is Woburn playing?  Great comeback for Woburn - didn't think they would be there at the end.  that really says something about the program.  Congratulations!