EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massattack5. Show massattack5's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    With seven D1 teams left the postings are slowing down. AB good luck tonight with Lexington, and let's see if we can play again on Saturday!
    Posted by Sportsdad23

Are you too scared to play lexington? lex vs woburn would be a much better game with two of the best middlesex league teams battling it out for a spot at the garden on march 14

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanners1111. Show tanners1111's posts

Too scared to play Nina Riley more like it. I think AB is better than Lex offensively, but I'd rather play AB, give up 2 or 3 goals, but also have a better chance of scoring 3 or 4 ourselves. With Lex you can outplay them and lose 1-0 anyway if Riley is on her A game.

Gotta get by Shrews first anyway. I'm not looking past them. Has anyone out there seen them play and can give us some insight?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Woburn plays tomorrow in Watertown at 7 PM.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ih8u2. Show Ih8u2's posts

Looks like they can put some serious points on the board, BUT they also have played some truly awful teams (sorry):( Looks like a couple of powerful forward's the rest questionable. Your assessment above is correct Riley is the best goalie. Can her team support her though when they play tougher teams? Except 1 game against Hingham and maybe Woburn have they played any of the remaining teams? A game or not Lex has to put it in the net in order to win. You never know though it can be anyone's game in the end. Good Luck

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nss79. Show nss79's posts

Not to take anything away from the girls that are still playing, I wish them all the best, but since mine are done for the year, does anyone have recommendations on spring or summer camps/leagues in the area for them to participate in?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Not to take anything away from the girls that are still playing, I wish them all the best, but since mine are done for the year, does anyone have recommendations on spring or summer camps/leagues in the area for them to participate in?
    Posted by nss79

NEWHL has spring and summer programs
    www.newhl.net

Bob Rotundo and Bob Hansen have put together a very good program there, My daughter has played there the last half dozen or so years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedmanthepuc. Show hedmanthepuc's posts

n Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    Posted by nss79

There is a couple of spring or summer  skates that are available. The most common one is the NEWHL (north east woman's) they have a league plus skills thru out the off season (spring/summer/fall). Second is a HS summer league with FMC, its in Burlington. This league has been around for a while, FMC keeps trying to build it up for the better, but its been a pretty competitive skate off season.

HMTP

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Sandwich 5  Stoneham 1
    Katherine O'Brien scored twice for the Blue Knights.

Hingham 6  Springfield Cathereral 2

AB 2  Lex 0 after 2

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedmanthepuc. Show hedmanthepuc's posts

Being the electronic age with wireless phone/web, you'd think we'd get an update with scores. Come on people, please lower my blood pressure and update!!!

HMTP

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Being the electronic age with wireless phone/web, you'd think we'd get an update with scores. Come on people, please lower my blood pressure and update!!! HMTP
    Posted by hedmanthepuc

HMTP

See above post

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedmanthepuc. Show hedmanthepuc's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : HMTP See above post
    Posted by Icing-2

Thanks, I guess great minds think alike, in timing too!

Awesome, congrats. to the Harborwoman, Sandwich too! Hmmmm A/B or Lex. I don't know,

HMTP

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Thanks, I guess great minds think alike, in timing too! Awesome, congrats. to the Harborwoman, Sandwich too! Hmmmm A/B or Lex. I don't know, HMTP
    Posted by hedmanthepuc

Thank goodness for friends with blackberries!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Thanks, I guess great minds think alike, in timing too! Awesome, congrats. to the Harborwoman, Sandwich too! Hmmmm A/B or Lex. I don't know, HMTP
    Posted by hedmanthepuc

Great Minds.-Huh -LOL

Icing,you have more friends than anyone, Keep us updated, all most time for betty bye.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

AB 3  Lex 0

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyc16. Show billyc16's posts

AB 3  Lex 0
    Posted by Icing-2

you gotta be kidding. i'll be a mudder-----

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

AB Congratulations - we need to close the deal tomorrow for a Saturday rematch!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ih8u2. Show Ih8u2's posts

Looks like they can put some serious points on the board, BUT they also have played some truly awful teams (sorry):( Looks like a couple of powerful forward's the rest questionable. Your assessment above is correct Riley is the best goalie. Can her team support her though when they play tougher teams? Except 1 game against Hingham and maybe Woburn have they played any of the remaining teams? A game or not Lex has to put it in the net in order to win. You never know though it can be anyone's game in the end. Good Luck
    Posted by Ih8u2

I guess I wasn't that far off...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

Billy, love the logo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from massattack5. Show massattack5's posts

Great game over at watertown btw a/b lex.
    zero zero after the first period with both teams looking pretty even.
    a/b struck first with a high wrist shot through traffic from the point that riley had no chance of getting to. then a/b notched another one of a shot from the boards that riley appeared to have smothered yet got loose somehow and was smacked in. lexingtons hate was sealed at the start of the third when a puck being thrown into the corner by a/b deflected off of a lexington defender and into the net.  lex tried with all their might to get something going but nothing worked.
    congrats to a/b for a great game and congrats to lex for a great season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

me thinks AB goin to the Garden to see the kid play..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

It was a really good game. All in all I would have to say that Lexington probably had a slight edge in the overall game. The difference tonight was goaltending and defense but not the way everyone thought it would go. Shots on goal Lex 32-23. The AB goalie played very well, and yes, she got lucky a couple of times, especially when Lex missed the net on a couple of great chances. Seemed like the Lex coach knew he was beat when with 1:30 left to play AB got called for a penalty and the Lex coach opted not to go for the 6 on 4. Who knows why. Come on Woburn and Sportsdad, let's play again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from massattack5. Show massattack5's posts

Please do not take this as sour grape, just wondering what others think about a tactic a/b used on their penalty kill tonight.  On at least three actions while a/b was killing penalties their players would trap the puck up against the boards even when no lexington pressure was on them. They would hold the puck along the boards until lex girls came in and dug it out or a whistle was blown. Personally i have always thought that would warrant a delay of game call but the refs did nothing and eventually one of those plays ended up in a lexington penalty when a lex girl was trying to get loose the trapped puck, that lexington penalty allowed for a/b to score their first goal on the power play.  Once again just wondering what others think should that be a delay of game call?
    A couple questionable calls for both teams by the refs but abfan is correct their goalie played an outstanding game and deserves the glory

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Please do not take this as sour grape, just wondering what others think about a tactic a/b used on their penalty kill tonight.  On at least three actions while a/b was killing penalties their players would trap the puck up against the boards even when no lexington pressure was on them. They would hold the puck along the boards until lex girls came in and dug it out or a whistle was blown. Personally i have always thought that would warrant a delay of game call but the refs did nothing and eventually one of those plays ended up in a lexington penalty when a lex girl was trying to get loose the trapped puck, that lexington penalty allowed for a/b to score their first goal on the power play.  Once again just wondering what others think should that be a delay of game call? A couple questionable calls for both teams by the refs but abfan is correct their goalie played an outstanding game and deserves the glory
    Posted by massattack5

I can remember watching the Bruins do that for as long as I can remember when I was a kid, some guys were masters at tying up tying up the puck and moving it just enough to keep play going. Its been going on as long as I can remember. Personally I do not like when they do it, I'd much rather have it out of the defensive zone as soon as possible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

Ali used to hang on the ropes and let the other guy punch out....seen 3 mens college teams have plays drawn and attack on the PP......incredibly effective...was hard to tell who was short..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

So I looked ahead at girls HS finals and noticed the times,which hopefully  are wrong. On Sunday 3/14 Div. 2 girls play at 9:00am, while the Div. 1 girls play at 8:15 that night.
    I see no common sense here, wouldn't you put both girls divisions back to back. Ahhh wait, you would do that if you promote girls hockey, nevermind!

Anyways, seems like a great night to catch a couple of games will be this Sat. in Stoneham!
    congratulations to A/B, not sure if I consider that an upset, but a well deserved win that's for sure.

WT