EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010:
    In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : It could be a pretty good game if it doesn't turn into a hack fest which is usually what happens when these two get together for some reason.
    Posted by abgirlsfan

Good luck with that !
    Looking ahead at your (AB) schedule, your next game looks like a battle vs Boston Latin. Is BL in the top tier of teams ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anniesflowers2. Show anniesflowers2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : I think what you're seeing is that girls HS hockey is going in the same direction as the boys. Most of the best boys are not playing for their HS team. The boys have had juniors for a few years now and the girls now have full season club teams or teams like the Shamrocks. All of this will continue to diminish play at the HS level. So you see Annie, if you are a top player there are many things to consider and it's not necessarily all about having fun.
    Posted by abgirlsfan

Silly me forgot my login. Don't worry wrote it down this time.

I don't know what any of this junior or club stuff has to do with my post. When I said there's a lot to consider I meant grades mostly. I was just trying to point out that just because a person doesn't play a college sport doesn't mean they weren't good enough to. My nephew had offers to play DII lacrosse, but he got into a better school that had a DI program and he couldn't play. He tells me he never regretted his decision to go to the better school. I hope my daughter and the other girls on here follow his lead. If the school they go to is the best they can and they happen to be able to play there then that is awesome and I am happy for them. I just fear that people downgrade the education sometimes in place of athletics and that is not good whatsoever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime91. Show goodtime91's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : This looks like it could be a good game... Some other games that should be good as well.  Middlesex Tilts: Woburn @ Belmont ( Woburn needs a win here) Stoneham @ Winchester (Is Stoneham for real?... 14 gf in the last two games a good test for them) Watertown @ Reading (two teams headed in different directions?) What else is out there tonight?
    Posted by rocketfan

Woburn wins fairly easy and gets back on track

Winchester wins a close one, Stoneham is better this year but Winchester is a well built and very deep team.

Could not have stated it better myself, Watertown will start its revenge campaign remembering who ran up scores on them in past.  E. Kelly is coming!  They will win a close one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rogerde. Show rogerde's posts

Any info on Wakefield-Lexington game last night. 6-0 score Lex but I hear that it was 1-0 going into thr 3rd!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : Woburn wins fairly easy and gets back on track Winchester wins a close one, Stoneham is better this year but Winchester is a well built and very deep team. Could not have stated it better myself, Watertown will start its revenge campaign remembering who ran up scores on them in past.  E. Kelly is coming!  They will win a close one.
    Posted by goodtime91

Its good to see Watertown & Stoneham coming to the top of the Middlesex league !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anniesflowers2. Show anniesflowers2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : I can see your point , player go to, just say ksjdh college and plays hockey, and you see most of here games and she's Caption her senior year and gradutes with a degree in Knot tieing, and Wall papering, was it with the MONEY because mom and dad open your wallet your paying for half those 4 years or more, and then she says mom can I live with you and dad for a while. Is that what you ment annies flowers2?
    Posted by magellann

EXACTLY. Some schools have certain major restrictions for athletes as well. People give up a better careers to play 4 more years of hockey or whatever and go nowhere with it. It just makes me shake my head.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anniesflowers2. Show anniesflowers2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : I can see your point , player go to, just say ksjdh college and plays hockey, and you see most of here games and she's Caption her senior year and gradutes with a degree in Knot tieing, and Wall papering, was it with the MONEY because mom and dad open your wallet your paying for half those 4 years or more, and then she says mom can I live with you and dad for a while. Pick a school with eduction first like Sacred Heart, and they a sport. Is that what you ment annies flowers2?
    Posted by magellann

Yes and if they can drive to nearby Yale even better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeynet. Show Hockeynet's posts

Any info on Wakefield-Lexington game last night. 6-0 score Lex but I hear that it was 1-0 going into thr 3rd!!
    Posted by rogerde

I did catch some of the game.  Lexington is very difficult to figure out.  They have so many talented players but seem to have no system to speak of.  I have noticed this over the last several years but was only able to pinpoint it last night! They really do not have a system! There is no real breakout to speak of, no defensive zone coverage, no offense zone system other than working the puck from behind the net and then trying to hit somebody out in front, and then worst of all, no neutral zone re-group.  It seems that when the puck   is dropped, they chased after it and play a sort of glorified pond hockey style game!  Really don’t know if it is intentional or the kids are just doing it out of necessity? Their individual player talents are excellent. Many very skilled young ladies play for them.  Woodward is simply remarkable. But she's not the only very talented player on the team. I was caught off guard with the fact that they have three very balanced lines in terms of talent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

The vast majority of women hockey players do graduate and go on to lead productive lives. Education is first, but for some kids they want both education and the chance to play, nothing wrong with that. There aren't too many players who would give up say a Dartmouth education to play hockey at kmshg college or whatever.

Woodward is excellent, smooth skater, good  shot, good hockey IQ, may be best player in state talentwise IMHO , regardless of who scores the most points.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unemployed3. Show unemployed3's posts

okay enough with all the college blah blah lets go back to high school

Anyone think Matignon/MSJ will bring a Christmas miracle tonight? LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : EXACTLY. Some schools have certain major restrictions for athletes as well. People give up a better careers to play 4 more years of hockey or whatever and go nowhere with it. It just makes me shake my head.
    Posted by anniesflowers2

Then there are cases like my sons. (insert big sigh) A Div I school spent 6 months making phone calls and visits to him on a weekly basis, repeatedly offering him a full 4 year ride for wrestling.  He said no. Why? Two reasons. 1) He wanted no part of wrestling beyond h.s. (it is brutal what those kids put themselves through, but I love what it did for him as a person), and 2) they didn't have his major.  He ended up accepting a 75% "merit aid"/"scholarship" offer at a Div. III school that wanted him for the sport he did want to play in college AND had his major.  My wallet of course wishes he chose differently, my head knows he made the right decision.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2009-2010 : You are letting me down again. You're complaining about 75% package?
    Posted by abgirlsfan

I'm a woman, I can easily wish for one thing with my head and know in my  heart that the right decision was made and not have any ill feelings because of it. :-) 

p.s. if you spent 20 years working for a GM company and ended up holding the preverbial bag of crap when all was said and done while the corporate powers that be go  home this Chrismtas with their multiple thousands in bonuses on top of their 6 figure incomes you'd be lamenting that 15K of the 45K tuition you have to come up with too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

First, I wish you would all stop using the girls names in this blog. They read it.  Even using #'s is not appropriate. Take conversations off line if you want to IM about particuliar situations. These are young girls and they take to heart things that are written here, good or bad. 

Hockeymomsrule:  I think you are making some excellent points, keep blogging I love to read it.  The posts you write are what blogging is about, they are statements that make people think a little deeper.  I'm a few years away from my dgts college decisions and we are helping her now to understand that although hockey is an excellent social tool its the education that matters. You can always find a hockey game somewhere that needs you.  The best of the best are limited in scholorships and the college experience is intense and WILL not be the same as high school so choose based on your education, not your sports.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sleeper3. Show sleeper3's posts

Woburn--0-2-1 lost last year in finals Wakefield--1-2-0 lost two years ago in the finals Austin Prep--0-3--1 lost three years ago in finals This clearly show that you build up you progam, and hopfully peak, and than rebuild and get back, an it  startes with freshman, the next year more freshman, and some luck with a select team near you that lets the girls play alot more than just a week before tryouts
    Posted by magellann

THE TEAMS BUILD WITH 7TH 8TH AND 9TH GRADERS THAT LEARN EARLY HOW TO PLAY WITH THE BIG GIRLS. WHEN THEY'RE JUNIORS AND SENIORS THEY HAVE A GOOD NUCLEUS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Eveyone Home work for the holidays, pick a picture that you can put over your name. Click your name look for profile  and then browse,  add a picture from your own picture file, don't foget to go to the bottm and hit save If you don't have the right picture; goggle hockey pictures or funny hockey pictures and save then in your file to use on your edite browse  You will be graded on humor and taste (an class/ no a##es on the pond) He ab I think my picture looks more and more like #22-I'll sell for a million $
    Posted by magellann

Look at you. You're an internet wiz kid now. See what a few days off can do Surprised

See ya in a couple of hours.

For your next assignment, I want you to figure out how to use the spell checker.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nicmcg. Show nicmcg's posts

I second that!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Ironically I could take AB's post about the A/B v. Waltham game and write almost the the same thing on the Framingham v. Natick game.  Only difference being 1st and 3rd periods were Framingham's best.  Flyer girls came out strong in the first with it ending 4-0. 3 of the 4 "active" freshman (one is sick) now all have their first varsity points either by goal or asst. They came out sluggish and kind of sloppy in the 2nd and Natick tried pouring it on but the goalie came up with some big saves while her teammates worked through their 2nd period funk. Scored another mid-way through the 2nd and then came out strong again in the 3rd adding 2 more.  Final Framingham 7 Natick 0.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Hillside - thank you. I'm trying not to step on any toes but still ask the questions to things I'm curious about.  Sometimes it comes out right, and once or twice it hasn't. LOL I don't shy away from stating my opinion, but will also admit I'm wrong when proven otherwise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

crap, sorry, keep forgetting to answer the 'reply to this post' question. Yes, that option is not showing on mine either right now.  It was there earlier today though. Weird. Temporary glitch or change? I hope it's just a glitch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

The surprise last night was Woburn's shutout, as the correct score for the game is:

Woburn 4 Belmont 0

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

Magellan...  9 posts this year... what does it matter how many posts someone has in regards to them participating in this blog? are you more qualified to speak on topics becuase you post 316 times?  People do not use girls names just to say where they are going to college. And quite frankly, although I think its wonderful that all these top players are getting "looks" and "scholorships" there are hundreds of everyday girl hockey players that don't get a mention here that are instrumental in making those top girls successful, those names never seem to appear.

All I'm saying is that using names and numbers is not appropriate.  We can agree to disagree.  I've heard lots of girls lately talking in the lobbies about what they read here, and again, quite frankly, its seems that there are a few particpants in this blog that use it as a way to communicate with each other rather than discuss the overall activities of the season.  If someone says something about a goaltender on a particiuliar team in this blog and she reads it she takes that as "gospel" when its really only the opinion of about 4 constant blog participants.

Just sayin... happy holiday

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

The noise is the entertainment. Most of the postings are very humorous, and it is fun to enjoy the season with this community.

Happy Holydays!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

I was at the Reading vs Watertown game, Good hockey game! both teams skated well. The play was up and down the rink, Watertowns goalie play very well.I think Reading had the edge in the scoring chances category. A much needed win for Reading having lost their first two games.Watertown is IMHO is going to be a force in the very near future will a roster of under classmen that skate well.

Merry Christmast All !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hillsideoldtimer. Show hillsideoldtimer's posts

Post 12...  I heard last year Reading ran the score up on Melrose/Watertown 7-0. Not sure how I feel about that. Seems that in HS you should be able to score, score, score if you can, but mixed feelings.  I heard the parents were screeming as loud for the 7th as they were for the 1st, that I think is what is troubling, if its true. No matter how you look at it, last years game created a nice new rivalry.  Too bad someone had to loose, sounds like an excellent all around hockey game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Let's get  the G-man on this problem, he can do everything. Reply to Post by Magellann

Not everything. But mostly everything

Sections
Shortcuts