EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockee. Show Hockee's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

That actually looks like the center you speak of who I agree was one of the best to come out of Woburn.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Without  a horse in the race this year, I think there are a couple of things for certain.
    1) Hingham has put out a very challenging schedule, BUT they do have an advantage to be able to do so as they have NO LEAGUE tie in, As far as I know they are still independent so they have the ability to do so.  Other perennial powers Woburn and Lexington for example only have room for 2 ooc games.  With that all said they have set forth the model on how to put out a top notch program.

2) St Mary's (SMH) is still the team to beat.

3) Woburn should remain in the mix

4) Keep an eye on Austin Prep, 2 solid goaltenders and a very talented underclassmen.

5) Don't forget about last years sleepers in Shrewsbury and Springfield Catherderal.

Should be interesting season to say the least. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ponderspy. Show Ponderspy's posts

Arlington Spy Ponder's are in rebuilding mode after losing many talented players, but the well isn't dry. Goaltending will keep the Ponders in many games. I hear another coaching change at Arlington Catholic as last year's new coach who replaced the 2007 Boston Globe Caoch of the Year was one and done. Surprised to see Icing did not have AC in his top 5 as they have a returning all-scholastic forward and many talented underclasswomen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    Hingham will rule they lost only two starting seniors.   They were the second best team last year and this year will be number 1
    Posted by Rundstone56
    Agreed. Hingham was the clear number 2 team last season and should replace the Saints as no.1 team this year. Saints have finally lost to many to overcome...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : shrewsbury lost their 2 best players springfield lost a few to graduation Arlington Catholic will make some noise too. very well coached. very classy too. we lost to them last year and the team was outstanding.
    Posted by endofroad

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 :
    Posted by penalty

A/C BEING WELL COACHED?, THEY MADE ANOTHER COACHING CHANGE THIS YEAR,WHO KNOWS? AS FAR AS A/C BEING A CLASSY OUTFIT,OPEN FOR DEBATE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

One month to tryouts!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

I am sure captain's practices are under way...Anyone know of any surprises?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

No surprises, out our way, the 5 coming in are as expected. a decent defenseman, a pretty solid goalie to add to our returning Sr. goalie & returning 4 defensive core, should have 5 legit defensmen this season which will be nice and 2 legit goalies, which will be a first for the program.  Incoming forwards are an uncertainty as to how much of an impact they'll have this year, but may have potential down the road if they're willing to step up the level of their play. Which they'll definately need to do next year as we only have 1 player coming in next year that has any experience and we graduate another 3 forwards and a defensemen this year. Could be rough for the FHS girls over the next season or two if everyone isn't on the same page and stepping up their game each time they're out there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

I am sure captain's practices are under way...Anyone know of any surprises?
    Posted by Icing-2

SMH seems to have picked up an additional goalie (freshman) this year, definitely legit. I would think that last years goalie (now a sophmore) would remain number one. But its great to have depth at the goaltending position. Don't see any big surpises on D or up front.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

I'm alive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Congratulations to Norwood on winning the Mass Hockey U19 Tier III Championship game last night in Taunton.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Congrats Norwood!

Didn't make any of the games, but daughter said she saw pretty much all of her club teammates that go to private schools on just about every team they played.  Were we the only dumba$$es that only rostered our available returning varsity girls and not our private school girls too? Granted, doesn't help when you end up with your seniors on official college visits the weekend of States, but they definately could have used the depth those additional private school girls would have given them even if the sr.'s were all there. 3 D and 7 forwards will never a good tournament result make.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Of course you're alive. Was there ever any doubt!

I'm alive.
    Posted by magellann

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

So how are things going in Connecticut? Did you do as much driving as Im getting ready to do. We opened up with the first three at home. Now its a long road trip this weekend until Tuesday. NEC tomorrow, Castleton on Sat and Colby on Tuesday. My credit card will get a good workout.

I'm alive.
    Posted by magellann

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

So how are things going in Connecticut? Did you do as much driving as Im getting ready to do. We opened up with the first three at home. Now its a long road trip this weekend until Tuesday. NEC tomorrow, Castleton on Sat and Colby on Tuesday. My credit card will get a good workout. In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 :
    Posted by abgirlsfan

No, not much driving yet, a little in the fall, more in the spring, not sure how many game I'll be able to get to.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

So how are things going in Connecticut? Did you do as much driving as Im getting ready to do. We opened up with the first three at home. Now its a long road trip this weekend until Tuesday. NEC tomorrow, Castleton on Sat and Colby on Tuesday. My credit card will get a good workout. In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 :
    Posted by abgirlsfan

castleton and colby.. what high school teams are they? am i on the wrong blog//

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

The season is finally here on Monday, and the question is still out there...who will beat SMH?

Woburn's schedule is posted with out of league games against Lincoln/Sudbury, SMH, Arlington, and AB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockee. Show Hockee's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : castleton and colby.. what high school teams are they? am i on the wrong blog//
    Posted by Downtown11

To funny! I read it the same way! Hopefully the "College boys" will take thier ( actually thier daughters) exploits to the College blog.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Hockeymom,

It looks like Framingham has 21 games posted on highschoolsports.net, not including a scrimmage with Billerica. Looks like a solid schedule with games against AC, and AB…good luck with tryouts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Hey Dad, yah, they toughened up their schedule this year, have one against Winchester too. Not sure if this was the year to do it, will be interesting to see how they do.  The Billerica "scrimmage" is the Garret Regan Summit game, they also have the Jamboree at Newton Country Day on 12/4 again this year too. Doesn't look like we're going back to Mt. St. Charles in Feb. which is a bummer, the girls had a good time and did well for themselves down there last year. 5 freshman coming in, not sure how many, if any, will really have an impact this year though. Good luck to the Woburn girls, especially CD, hope she has a great season!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : To funny! I read it the same way! Hopefully the "College boys" will take thier ( actually thier daughters) exploits to the College blog.
    Posted by Hockee

And those of us who have been around look forward to their updates on their daughters freshman college seasons. Don't want to read them, then just skip 'em, it's not a big deal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Good Luck with the start of practices, I must say today had a different feeling to it!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

We start tomorrow with the NCDS Jamboree & Garrett Regan on Sunday. Good luck to everyone playing this weekend and good luck to those hoping their daughters come home with varsity uniform shirts today.

Let the season begin!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Heard Winchester and SMH are getting together tonight

Sections
Shortcuts