EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    Heard Winchester and SMH are getting together tonight
    Posted by Icing-2

True. I watched. It was everything you would expect from a scrimmage. Everyone played. Hard to get an accurate read on team strentghs but I think SMH will have a competitive team this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Who will challenge St Mary's?
    Posted by boarding

Hingham?
    Woburn?
    Arlington?
    Lexington?
    Norwood?
    Braintree?

Still scrimmage season, and it's too early to tell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Hingham? Woburn? Arlington? Lexington? Norwood? Braintree? Still scrimmage season, and it's too early to tell.
    Posted by Sportsdad23

You are right it is still too early. But I think all of the teams you mentioned will challenge St. Mary's. In fact, I would have St. Mary's as underdogs against Woburn and Hingham. Either way we should see some more great hockey this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : True. I watched. It was everything you would expect from a scrimmage. Everyone played. Hard to get an accurate read on team strentghs but I think SMH will have a competitive team this year.
    Posted by ghockeyfan

Winchester skates with AC Today

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Framingham skates with Shrewsbury tomorrow.  Imagine it will be much like this past weekends scrimmages, the returners will hold their own and the freshman and jv hopefuls will muddle through not really being too sure of themselves or what they're doing.  Pretty normal for all at this early juncture I think.  The only question at this point is really who's young players are going to pick up and feel confident in their new systems first? Whoever has the fortune to have that click quickly, will benefit greatly.  Seems to be a 'rebuilding year' for many of the girls programs, must be a small birth year for girl hockey players. I think the fortunate ones to have solid talent coming in are going to benefit greatly and quickly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hcky2. Show hcky2's posts

In response to boarding-who will challenge St. Mary's this year?-how about Fontbonne-the only team who tied them last year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Fontbonne still prefers to take the easy road and has remained Division 2, they won't be a factor for the Division I state title.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

There really should be a rule in place that forces these power house Division 2 schools to move up to Division 1 if they win consecutive state titles and are repeatedly dominating their competition amongst division 2 teams.  Having it be 'optional' at this juncture is just silly, in my opinion of course.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Garmin. Show Garmin's posts

Fontbonne did not win 2 years in a row, BUT should do like most of the other Catholics and play Division 1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

They won last year and the year before, didn't they?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Scrimmaged Shrewsbury yesterday. 4-5 players that other teams need to be aggressive & smart against when they are playing together, but when they are seperated and mixed in among the others they aren't as big a factor and are easily controlled, or at least were by ours.  A couple of either very small or very young players over there in Shrewsbury.  

All starts officially vs. A/B on Saturday @ Nashoba.  We'll see how it goes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilledhockeydad. Show Chilledhockeydad's posts

They won last year and the year before, didn't they?
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule

Winchester won D2 least year, beating Fontbonne in the finals.
    Saw the SMH/Winchester scrimmage.  SMH goalie was terrific, and the SMH team had impressive speed from all the players. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Ahhh thanks Chilled, hard enough to keep up with my own kids schedules and goings on, never mind keep track of other divisions. LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Masshshockey site is not updated yet, so here is a link to the Girls schedules posted from the Herald:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoBzm7PQS5BGdGcycnhVT3RZSkNxeUVOd2FhN2MtQ2c&hl=en#gid=1

The games start Saturday - Hockeymom good luck, and beat AB!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Thanks Dad! Hope so, but we lost a lot with graduation and were only middle of the pack with what we had as it was.  Going to be tough to even finish .500 this year I think, but who knows, stranger things have happened.  Seems like just about everyone in our division had a strong group of freshman come in except us and there are 3 or 4 schools who are using waivers and have pretty deep rosters because of it too.  We're still at 2 full lines and a partial 3rd. We'll see how it goes! At least we'll be starting off in a warm rink, the girls might not like it but the parents will!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Scores
    From Thursday
    Fontbonne 5  Archbishop Williams 2

From Wednesday
    Dover/Sherborne 2  Wayland/Weston 2

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbySchmatz. Show BobbySchmatz's posts

St. Mary's 1 - Phillips Exeter 1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Sportsdad. What's up? I go away for a few weeks and you're dogging me here! Anyway, good luck this season to all the girls and hope everyone is safe during this season.
    Hockeymom, should be a good game against AB on Saturday, I am going to miss it even though it is directly across the street from my house. Planned a dinner party, should have looked at the schedule first. Nobody giving AB any thought this year, they seem to be flying under the radar currently. Same problem as last year, goaltending might not be a strong as it needs to but the defense is a big and strong as it has ever been. Good Luck!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Thanks A/B, will be interesting to see how this goes down. Honk once if you lose, twice if you win as I'm leaving? LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

Smh
    going down to Braintree tonight, good opening game for both teams.

Braintree was a solid team last year, not sure about graduation, all new Captains for the Spartans. #6 for the Spartan should be one of the top players this season(imo) thoughout the state, love to watch that young lady skate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

From Friday
    Mt St Joseph/Matignon 5  Scituate 2

Lots of Games on Saturday

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

From Friday Mt St Joseph/Matignon 5  Scituate 2 Lots of Games on Saturday
    Posted by Icing-2

MSJ off to a good start, it would be great to see them do well this year

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Masshshockey site is not updated yet, so here is a link to the Girls schedules posted from the Herald: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoBzm7PQS5BGdGcycnhVT3RZSkNxeUVOd2FhN2MtQ2c&hl=en#gid=1 The games start Saturday - Hockeymom good luck, and beat AB!
    Posted by Sportsdad23

Wow, That is quite an impressive site. Thanks for posting it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Scoreboard Saturday
    Fontbonne 6  Ursuline 1
    Medford 7  Cambridge/Somerville 2
    Billerica 4  Boston Latin School 0
    Duxbury 4 Barnstable 1
    Falmouth 1 Milton 1
    Shawsheen 2  King Phillip 0
    Wilmington/North Reading 4 Marthas Vineyard 2
    Franklin 5  Dover/Sherborne 0
    Archbishop Williams 6 Scituate 3
    Canton 6 Quincy/North Quincy 2
    Marshfield 6  Sandwich 1
    A/B 2  Framingham 0
    Woburn 4 L/S 1
    SMH 0  Braintree 0
    Lexington 6 Needham 0
    Westwood 5  Boston Latin Academy 1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

A/B 2 Framingham 0

Sections
Shortcuts