EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]Sportsdad. What's up? I go away for a few weeks and you're dogging me here! Anyway, good luck this season to all the girls and hope everyone is safe during this season. Hockeymom, should be a good game against AB on Saturday, I am going to miss it even though it is directly across the street from my house. Planned a dinner party, should have looked at the schedule first. Nobody giving AB any thought this year, they seem to be flying under the radar currently. Same problem as last year, goaltending might not be a strong as it needs to but the defense is a big and strong as it has ever been. Good Luck!
    Posted by abgirlsfan[/QUOTE]

Ab I thought you left for the College Blog?

I hope your daughter has a great season, and I know the Woburn AB game will have intensity like a tournament game.

Hockeymom - 2 to 0 sounds like a competitive game, any insight on AB this season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Dad - A/B had a small army over on their bench, their goalies may be little but at minimum the one that played against us is solid down low and she's got a defense in front of her that doesn't let much get through up high.   They have some strong forwards too.  We are all defense, graduated 4 forwards, 2 of which were in the top 5 for scoring last year.  None of the freshman forwards are 1st or 2nd line ready, so it's going to be up to the returners to turn it up a notch. They're going to have to work incredibly hard for every goal they get this year.  We need some scoring punch and as of right now we just don't have it.

Such an incredible bummer for CD, hoping she has a quick recovery!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Sunday
    Archbishop Williams 3  Boaton Latin Academy 2

Who has a report from the SMH vs Braintree game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Hockeymom,

Just like I said, the AB defense is probably the best around, they are big, strong and fast and do not let you attack the offensive zone. I heard the Framingham goalie played very well? Saw lots of rubber was the report I got.

Dad, you are correct, I do not have a dog in the fight anymore, but still will follow AB girls hockey, and will most definitely be at the Woburn/AB game providing Im not travelling to one of her games. Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

A/B yes, that she did, was awesome to see her start off with a solid start. If they counted the shots blocked by the defense as well as the ones that got through, the shot count was probably closer to the 65 mark. A few bruises for some after that game for sure.  It's going to take some time to rebuild the fire power on our end, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Braintree is looking scary good. <que the darth vader music /> LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

MassHSHockey.com is updating!
    I never realized how much I depend on that site, just to get an idea on who your playing or how good/bad other teams are,especially when talent drastically changes year after year.

Thank you to whoever you guys are,

WT

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Wellesley 4 Framingham 1.  Anyone have a sniper we can borrow for a year or two? LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

BAY STATE: Dedham 1, Needham 1Wellesley 4, Framingham 1 Norwood 3, Newton North 0Milton 5, Brookline 0Walpole 3 Braintree 1

CAL/NEC: Winthrop/Lynn 5, Marblehead/Swampscott 3

DCL/MVC: Westford Academy 6, Wayland/Weston 2Arlington 2, Newton South 0

GREATER BOSTON: Peabody 2, Shawsheen 2Medford 6, Wilmington/N. Reading 1

MIDDLESEX: Reading 0, Winchester 0 Lexington 3, Woburn 1  Watertown/Melrose 4, Burlington 1

SOUTHEASTERN MASS.: Medfield 3, Canton 2Franklin 4, Latin Academy 1

NONLEAGUE: Algonquin/Hudson 3, Cambridge/Somerville 1Archbishop Williams 6, MSJ/Matignon 3Arlington Catholic 3, Notre Dame (H) 2 Billerica 3, Springfield Cathedral 1Chelmsford 2, Beverly/Gloucester 1Concord-Carlisle 3, Belmont 1Hingham 5, Falmouth 3St. Mary’s 3, Duxbury 1Ursuline 7, Quincy/N. Quincy 1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Thought this was pretty intresting, feel bad for the girls and the program

BARNSTABLE
    Kim Sullivan
    , the head coach of Barnstable girl’s ice hockey for nine years, officially resigned last night, according to Barnstable's former goalie coach T.C. Cleary.

A mass informational e-mail was sent about the resignation to all alumni players of the team by Kristen Logan, daughter of manager Paul Logan and former captain and varsity player of four years.

Sullivan's resignation comes after “being bullied online by disagreeing parents,” said Cleary. Also, since this summer, accusations ranging three pages long were made to the school and MIAA by upset parents.

“This season Kim has resulted on being forced to go back on team policies and rules,” said Cleary.

Current players are upset.

“There are no words to describe how I feel. I can’t ever imagine playing under anyone else,” said captain Harleigh Jenkins.

Both Jenkins and fellow captain Cortney Sollows have played for Sullivan for four years on varsity.

“She puts us before herself at the drop of a hat,” said Sollows.

An example of that would be when a team manager and a sister of a former player, Caroline Fries, passed away two winters ago due to cancer.

“When Caroline passed away, she held our team together. Without her the team would have fallen apart,” said Sollows.

Former players are stepping out and defending Sullivan through e-mails, Facebook, and by possibly boycotting the alumni game. The players include Cara Osimo who played for Sullivan as a captain during the inaugural 2002-2003 club season.

“She treated all of her players with respect and always interacted with us in a responsible and appropriate manner," said Osimo. "Her patience and genuine caring personality had a very large impact on me during a time in which I needed guidance."

Kathryn Lennon, former captain and 2002-2003 player, has been working with Sullivan since the beginning of starting a girl’s team at Barnstable.

“She was right there with me when I needed to speak to the school council to get the Barnstable team approved. I wasn’t scared about having the team because I knew we had a coach, a very qualified coach,” said Lennon.

Calls to Sullivan and Barnstable High School’s Athletic Director Steve Francis have not been returned. According to Sollows and Jenkins, the team was speaking with Francis before today’s practice about the resignation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Hmm.. Interesting. Is anyone else curious to find out what the three pages of accusations by the parents were? What exactly are they pissed off about? Unless these accusations involve actually breaking MIAA rules or actual state laws then I think these parents should let coach do her job. 
    Icing----
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but didnt a lot of the AC parents have a hand in the recent firing of a couple of coaches? They are just now getting back to a good place it seems.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

AB @ Fontbonne   4pm Shea Rink, Qunicy

Should be a good game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

It always boggles my mind when parents who are fortunate enough to have their daughters playing for someone who actually knows what they are doing and they still go to this extent to get what they think their daughters want. It doesn't sound from the article at all that the players are at all happy with what their parents have done. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

abgirlsfan, the parents did help oust the 1st AC coach only, who left due to a parent using their connections to override a decision by the coach on benching his daughter. The 2nd coach, who was great for the girls program over there too ,I believe she had a few conflicts with the AD's thinking or future plans, which the girls were a very small part of!

In Barnstable, it sounds like it could be 2 sides to a story! Anybody from that program care to shed a little light?

wt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

Hockeymom, I thought that all parents learned the lesson in youth hockey, let the coach coach, but now that I see this kind of thing way too often, especially in the last few years that my daughters been at the HS level and I'm wrong, its too bad parents get involved. 

I also wish that some AD's would stand up for their coach, and had the guts to tell the parents if you don't like it, too bad!!
    Bottomline is, who'd want to coach with all the BS going on, it gets the point , as it seem to be, where its not worth the aggravation anymore.
    it only hurts the players in the end,
    wt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]Sunday Archbishop Williams 3  Boaton Latin Academy 2 Who has a report from the SMH vs Braintree game?
    Posted by Icing-2[/QUOTE]

Hi Icing,
    I was at the game. SMH outshot Braintree 39-12 (from Lynn Item), but as you know neither team scored. I would say that in this case the shots on net do reflect the complexion of the game. SMH had a clear offensive advantage, although Braintrees defense did a great job of clearing the puck from the crease and blocking shots. The Braintree goalie also had an outstanding game. SMH needs to finish their opportunities and find ways around a defense that takes away the slot. Braintree did have a few scoring chances also, including one post. The game was a lot more wide open than the score indicates.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueline3. Show blueline3's posts

Anyone have a report on the St. Mary's Duxbury game?  What about Braintree/Walpole?  Interesting....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cager. Show cager's posts

Congrats to new Coach Mandy Ciarletta on her Lexington Squad's huge victory over Woburn last night.

Goaltending was awesome, and defense played very well !  Offense took advantage of their opportunities.  

Yes, Woburn can play better than it did.  But, Lexington is legit, and well coached !

At this early point of the season, doesn't appear like there are any "runaway" with it teams in D1 !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone have a report on the St. Mary's Duxbury game?  What about Braintree/Walpole?  Interesting....
    Posted by blueline3[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you that Duxbury is a very good team. They controlled play the first half of the game, second half of the game was about even or maybe tilted a lttle bit in St. Mary's favor but not much. St. Mary's won 3-1 (with an EN).

No score in the 1st period.

Duxbury took a 1-0 lead about halfway through the 2nd period, St. Mary's tied it up with 13 seconds left in the second.

In the 3rd period, St. Mary's took a 2-1 lead with about 5 minutes left and held on to win with an empty net goal.

I am not sure if Duxbury was running 3 lines all night, but they had about 25 players on their bench. Good skaters, good with the puck. It was pretty exciting game to watch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Sounds like it was a good game Cager, although I'll be interested to see what the result of the rematch is if it is played post the broken foot of their actual starting goalie.  The mental affect losing a top tier goalie can have on a team can be huge, especially early in the season when they're still figuring out what they actually have in front of the net. If it's played before she's back, could end up with the same result.  Tough break for the Woburn team to lose her right at the start like they did.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

I hear ya WT, as much as I may disagree with some of the stuff our coach does, the long lengths of shifts, or even the system they play, I can't even imagine taking it beyond a vent with the hubby.  Frustrating? Yes. But it is what it is, our daughter made her decision to stay at her public school despite opportunities to go elsewhere and that's the boat she's in.  Fact remains, in public schools, these coaches are limited directly by the players from within the school district only.  There are times when it doesn't matter who is behind the bench, there just isn't enough talent among the players to accomplish anything beyond personally set team goals.  Parents really need to get over themselves and accept the fact that they in fact did not give birth to the next Sarah Parsons. (except me of course bahahahahahahahahahahahaha)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

Speaking of St. Mary's and goalies, AC's goalie got a concussion from practice and was out of the lineup last night, the Fresh filled in Ok. Also the AC Captain got a game misconduct for punching, so would that be a 2 game suspension? Their next game is vs. who else, SMH, hate to see anybody go against them that shorthanded!

WT

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Matty+Ice. Show Matty+Ice's posts

Braintree@Walpole summary:

Sluggish scoreless first period.  Back and forth. 
    Play picked up a bit in 2nd period, both team playing slightly better.  Braintree scores on a tipped puck off a turnover.  I don't think the Walpole goalie had a chance.  Braintree had the better of play through 2, but not by much.
    Walpole outplayed Braintree in 3rd period, scoring 3 times.  Nice shortie by a shortie (#3) stripped the puck in from Braintree's defense and went top shelf.  #3 then made a great pass across the crease to put Walpole up for good midway through the 3rd.
    Players of note:
    Braintree #23 Center (SR) and #14 Defense (SR) were both good players, best on their team IMHO.  Goalie was supposed to be top notch but I don't have a sense for how good she is.  She made some good stops and gave up some good goals.  Not her fault.
    Walpole #19 Left Wing (SR) has great hands, #18 Defense (FR) was solid, as was # 6 Defense (FR)  Goalie (SO) was solid in net.  Made a momemtunm changing save at 1-0 late in the 2nd period.

1st game of year for Walpole, 2nd for Braintree.  I would say all in all, the teams very pretty even.   Walpole did a better job of clearing the rebounds,  They also had to kill about 6 or 7 Power Plays.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Hi Icing, I was at the game. SMH outshot Braintree 39-12 (from Lynn Item), but as you know neither team scored. I would say that in this case the shots on net do reflect the complexion of the game. SMH had a clear offensive advantage, although Braintrees defense did a great job of clearing the puck from the crease and blocking shots. The Braintree goalie also had an outstanding game. SMH needs to finish their opportunities and find ways around a defense that takes away the slot. Braintree did have a few scoring chances also, including one post. The game was a lot more wide open than the score indicates.
    Posted by ghockeyfan[/QUOTE]

GHF:
    As you know SMH lost a lot of depth, They still have a wealth of Talent.  Your comment about finishing I figure would be their problen early in the season until the players are comfortable in their roles.  You do have arguably the fastest skaters in Girls hockey, Coach P will be challanged to find 2 players who can keep up with "SI".  If you are going to get to SMH you best do it early in the year, I think when the players that have been role players the last couple of years get comfortable in their consistant and extended playing time they will show they are still the team to beat.  See you next week.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of St. Mary's and goalies, AC's goalie got a concussion from practice and was out of the lineup last night, the Fresh filled in Ok. Also the AC Captain got a game misconduct for punching, so would that be a 2 game suspension? Their next game is vs. who else, SMH, hate to see anybody go against them that shorthanded! WT
    Posted by wtcash[/QUOTE]

I was at the game and the announcement came as a Major for roughing and a Game Misconduct.  Looks like there have to looking into rules here.  I also do not think the player punched the NDA player (who actually got a DQ for Kicking and there is no room in this sport for such actions) from where I stood it looked like she pushed the player in the back of the head, but definitely warrant of a penalty but I think what was assessed was a bit much.  I wish I had a Federation rule book to see if what was assessed was even proper.

On a side note why do coaches keep mouthing off to referees (Hello NDA Coach in a 3-1 third period) even after the let them go on and on then tell them ok coach that is enough...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Katprowl17. Show Katprowl17's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds like it was a good game Cager, although I'll be interested to see what the result of the rematch is if it is played post the broken foot of their actual starting goalie.  The mental affect losing a top tier goalie can have on a team can be huge, especially early in the season when they're still figuring out what they actually have in front of the net. If it's played before she's back, could end up with the same result.  Tough break for the Woburn team to lose her right at the start like they did.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

Well I have to say that I was at the Woburn vs. Lexington game and it was not the goaltending that was the issue....Woburn did not generate any offense at all and I have to credit Lexington for that as they did a great job at protecting their goalie, which they have always done.  It was a fast paced up and down game for the most part and if they freshman was in the net I see the results as being the same....last night Lexington was the better team...but I know Woburn and they will rebound and they will have their revenge 2nd time around....they are still messing with lines and getting things organized!!