EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 :
    OK The Boston Globe should stay out of the top 20 business, I mean have a clue http://www.boston.com/partners/globesports/schools/201011/rankings/59.html Posted by Change-Up[/QUOTE They have updated this week's rankings, don't get it either? Just an opinion I guess. Masshockey's rankings looks more accurate to me but still just my opinion.
    Posted by wobky

I don't know anyone that takes the Globe or Herald rankings seriously. Marblehead is on the list having played 10 games. They have only played 7. if your team isn't there (mine isn't either) don't worry. It's the butt of everone's jokes. How can they list Nobles in there? they play in the ISL.

MassHockey is the place to go for rankings.
    much more accurate and they always have the records correct...especially at the end of the season for seedings 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

I am new to this page, as my yougest daughter(9) has decided to play hockey and now attends the Winthrop/Lynn/Revere games religiously. How is it that this team is not ranked in the top 20? They have beaten at least 2 of the teams that are ranked in there. 
    Posted by cford19

Don't worry...it's best to be under the radar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : I don't know anyone that takes the Globe or Herald rankings seriously. Marblehead is on the list having played 10 games. They have only played 7. if your team isn't there (mine isn't either) don't worry. It's the butt of everone's jokes. How can they list Nobles in there? they play in the ISL. MassHockey is the place to go for rankings. much more accurate and they always have the records correct...especially at the end of the season for seedings 
    Posted by endofroad

take a look at ESPN Boston

Better than boston.com not sure about MassHockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reg-Dunlop. Show Reg-Dunlop's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : I see Winthrop/Lynn ranked as number 3 in masshshockey,which doesn't make sense. Not saying they shouldn't be in the top twenty but I doubt they are #3. I think that Boston globe and the Masshshockey rankings are questionable except for a select few, Woburn, SMH, Duxbury, Hingham and Lexington,also AC was dropped way down. This years surprises I think are still Billerica, Watertown/Melrose. Bob
    Posted by suburbanbob

masshshockey ranks based on RPI, which is a mathematical formula.   It's a method of comparing teams based on factors such as strength of schedule and its won/loss record.  Basically it's a way of comparing teams that are unrelated (have not played each other).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : take a look at ESPN Boston   http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/teams/preps/news/story?page=top20magirlshockey   Better than boston.com not sure about MassHockey.
    Posted by ghockeydad

I would say that the espn top 20 is closer to reality than the globe. and as always I like the Herald as they are the only ones to seperate the Div 1 and Div 2 teams. http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/high_school/?srvc=sports&position=recent

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

Icing-2 the Herald does look like the one with the most common sense. I know its early but the Globe is way off, don't know what formula their using, masshshockey will be correcting themselves soon I'm sure.

Bob

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Here are some games of note for this week although the snow will reap havoc on the schedule but:
    Tuesday Jan 11 NDA vs AC-NDA Tied SMH last week and AC needs to get on a roll.  May be a MUST game for AC
    Wed Jan 12 Natick vs Dedham-Big Baystate game
    Wed Jan 12 Woburn vs Stoneham-Woburn will get put to the test here
    Wed Jan 12 Norwood vs Wellesley-Battle for the top of the Baystate League
    Wed Jan 12 Austin Prep vs Acton/Boxborough-2 teams comming off of big Ties
    Thu Jan 13 AC vs Fontbonne-It has been a while since AC topped the Ducks
    Fri Jan 14 Natick vs Norwood-All Batstate Games look to be big ones
    Sat Jan 15 Winchester vs Woburn-Big Rivals in All sports
    Sat Jan 15 L/S vs Billerica-Battle for the top of the DCL/MVC ??

Thoughts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

Bay State Herget is very tight at the top.  Norwood and Walpole 5-0 and Wellesley 4-1.  Walpole plays Milton on Wed.  Assuming they play the games, no telling what the standings will be come Thursday morning. Could be 1 team left at the top or 3 teams tied (again).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Here are some games of note for this week although the snow will reap havoc on the schedule but: Tuesday Jan 11 NDA vs AC-NDA Tied SMH last week and AC needs to get on a roll.  May be a MUST game for AC Wed Jan 12 Natick vs Dedham-Big Baystate game Wed Jan 12 Woburn vs Stoneham-Woburn will get put to the test here Wed Jan 12 Norwood vs Wellesley-Battle for the top of the Baystate League Wed Jan 12 Austin Prep vs Acton/Boxborough-2 teams comming off of big Ties Thu Jan 13 AC vs Fontbonne-It has been a while since AC topped the Ducks Fri Jan 14 Natick vs Norwood-All Batstate Games look to be big ones Sat Jan 15 Winchester vs Woburn-Big Rivals in All sports Sat Jan 15 L/S vs Billerica-Battle for the top of the DCL/MVC ?? Thoughts
    Posted by Icing-2

AC wins easy
    Natick wins tight
    Woburn and Norwood win big
    AP and AB tie
    The Ducks win again
    Norwood beats Natick
    Woburn beats up Winchester
    Billerica beats LS

Norwood and Walpole are class of Herget.  Wellesley goalie is out and they will be exploited. Natick is good but not Norwood or Walpole good,

Middlesex will be Lexington and Woburn fight.  Stoneham, Watertown and Winchester make tourney.

AC is middle of the pack right now

AP and AB are for real and will go to quaters this year

The Ducks are one of top teams in D2 until I see otherwise

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Good what happened to the Wellesley goalie??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : AC wins easy Natick wins tight Woburn and Norwood win big AP and AB tie The Ducks win again Norwood beats Natick Woburn beats up Winchester Billerica beats LS Norwood and Walpole are class of Herget.  Wellesley goalie is out and they will be exploited. Natick is good but not Norwood or Walpole good, Middlesex will be Lexington and Woburn fight.  Stoneham, Watertown and Winchester make tourney. AC is middle of the pack right now AP and AB are for real and will go to quaters this year The Ducks are one of top teams in D2 until I see otherwise
    Posted by goodtime19

GoodTime - I'm sure it was a typo but Norwood is playing Wellesely.  If Wellesley is w/out their starting goalie then Norwood is a heavy favorite.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from metrofan. Show metrofan's posts

Good what happened to the Wellesley goalie??
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule

Has been out for most or all of season, the vaunted Flyer offense could only score one on the back up. Same as the Needham backup goalie.     

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Has been out for most or all of season, the vaunted Flyer offense could only score one on the back up. Same as the Needham backup goalie.     
    Posted by metrofan

Isn't Charlotte B? the #1 goalie for Wellesly?  She started against Walpole last Saturday.  She let up a soft 1st goal (could have been screened) but after that played very well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reg-Dunlop. Show Reg-Dunlop's posts

Icing-2 the Herald does look like the one with the most common sense. I know its early but the Globe is way off, don't know what formula their using, masshshockey will be correcting themselves soon I'm sure. Bob
    Posted by suburbanbob

Since RPI is a formula, it's all about the sample size.   There simply isn't enough data yet for it to be accurate.   RPI gets closer to the real deal as the number of games increases.   It's pretty volatile until at least half the season has passed.  In fact, USCHO (college) doesn't even start posting the RPI rankings until after the half way point because of this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Has been out for most or all of season, the vaunted Flyer offense could only score one on the back up. Same as the Needham backup goalie.     
    Posted by metrofan

"Vaunted Flyer offense"...according to who?  We graduated 4 out of 6 of last years 1st and 2nd line forwards. Have been down 1 of the remaining 2 due to injury for 2 weeks and will remain so for rest of season. We have one returning top line forward currently in the line up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyrules. Show hockeyrules's posts

The loudest, and most annoying is hands down NDA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

If anyone ever wants to find out when the winters "big storm" is going to hit so they can plan accordingly for it, just check our schedule when they come out and look for when we are scheduled against Braintree for the teams first match up.  Two years in a row now they've been/are going to be snowed out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from g18. Show g18's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : The loudest, and most annoying is hands down NDA
    Posted by hockeyrules

how so ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : The loudest, and most annoying is hands down NDA
    Posted by hockeyrules

I've got a poll, who the loudest, most obnoxious coach?
    I put my money on the Newton south coach, yelled at the refs during his own timeout!

as far a crowd, Canton or Waltham on a Sat night!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Well Since Framingham is due to travel to Braintree tomorrow the annual snowstorm on that is due here.  Follow you latest reschedule here
    http://www.masshshockey.com/news.html?news=full&newsID=1294787081

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

Adding to the strange season, AC 5 - Notre Dame  1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from danajim. Show danajim's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : I've got a poll, who the loudest, most obnoxious coach? I put my money on the Newton south coach, yelled at the refs during his own timeout! as far a crowd, Canton or Waltham on a Sat night!!!
    Posted by suburbanbob

really?! My daughter's on the team, we've known him as a coach for almost 8 years...he's normally pretty calm and phlegmatic! Of course, when you're in the heat of the moment with a valiant effort on the part of only 11 girls, the nerves
    get pretty raw...who won the game, by the way?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from spj8. Show spj8's posts

Congratulations to St. Mary's Girls.  Saw the game last night with Hingham and was very proud of the girls.  My daughter graduated last year and SMH has held their own this year.  They lost a lot of points with the graduation of seniors and I am very impressed with the team, especially with the goalie.  As for the pressure on this team, do not worry.  They practice hard every single day just like every other team does and they lace their skates the same way every other player does. The streak is not important, improvement, friendship and the final goal is at the Garden.  Good luck to SMH players this year - we are rooting for you!  SMH Alumni Parents #9
    Posted by magellann

Perfectly put. You said it better than I did in my last post. This is the essence of what I meant. Lets go Spartans!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from spj8. Show spj8's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : How do you feel bad for kids that choose to go to this school....it is not a public school where these girls have no choice....they PICK to go to that school to play hockey!!!  They choose to be put in that situation.....if you want to feel bad for anyone feel bad for the public schools that do not have this same opportunity and have to face this powerhouse....I am rooting for ANY public team to knock them off the top and preferably at the Garden ~~ GO PUBLICS!!!
    Posted by Katprowl17

Nope, still feel bad. I am talking strictly on these point that they are just 12-17 years old girls, not public or private or anything else anyone can think of. Pretty sure their parents are deciding where they go to school, not sure where these KIDS could come up with money like that. If you think they pick the school JUST to play hockey, you should probably talk to some of them. Most would have to disagree with you. Public schools may not have the same opportunity but the girls do have a choice. The choice is still there that they could have the opportunity to attend a public or private school. There is a choice there, they just choose to attend public, which unfortunately based on demographics is a smaller draw of girls.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaRocket. Show DaRocket's posts

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Sections
Shortcuts