EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

Well since Goodtime did such a great job with the re-cap, I'll just leave it at that as there's really not much to add. Completely agree on NF as well, she's already being scouted by a few places, the doors are opening for her, it's just a matter of which one she opts to walk through. So proud of her, have watched her from her very first time out playing this game and has always been one of those kids you watch play and just say "wow".  Quite the dangle she put on our goalie, is fun to watch her do that but not as much fun when she's doing it for the opposing team. ha ha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckenpeter. Show puckenpeter's posts

Was in Arlington yesterday to catch the Arlington vs St Mary's game and decided to watch the AC vs Framingham game. For the life of me, cannot figure out what happened to the Arlington Catholic program. Seems as if the no chemistry whatsoever and too many individualists. The player everyone seems to be talking about is talented as is a senior forward, but something isn't clicking with this club. St. Mary's was very impressive as they play as a team from start to finish.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from metrofan. Show metrofan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]I had the opportunity to be "oncall" and catch two girls games today.  Whata great day to get paid to watch hockey.  The first game was Arlington hosting St. Mary's.  I bet a round of beers that Arlington would win or tie.  I thought it would be 2-2, or 2-1, 3-2 Arlington.  I have not picked against Mary's all year long and today they reminded me why.  I thought Arlington had many good scoring opportunities but just came up a bit short.  Both teams carried play for periods of the game.  Sabrina Iannetti played an outstanding game and made the most of her chances.  After a 0-0 first period things started out pretty even in the second as well.  A faceoff in the Mary's zone that they were able to transition out of the zone allowed Sabrina to split the two D and beat the goalie glove side.  The play remained even and in the third Arlington had a great chance in front put couldn't put it in.  Mary's extended lean to 2-0 when Sabrina scored again.  ENG made it 3-0 and a 4th goal with the goalie back in for good measure.  Those girls don't quit.  All in all Arlington is an elite team along with Hingham, Woburn and Lexington.  Those teams and Mary's make up Tier 1.  Billerica is right on the cuss of being tier 1 and maybe they are, O just haven't seen them play enough.  They beat AB on Wed and I will put them in Tier 1. The second game was quite a shock.  Framingham @ AC.  Framingham won 4-2.  Framingham was led by #9.  She had some great individual plays to put them up 2-0 in the first.  AC had good scoring chances but Framingham's D zone played well.  Framingham's goalie played a great game.  AC didn't quit or let up, alot of dump and chase all game.  It appear to be working in the second as Framingham looked a bit tired.  Natalie Flynn is a real shifty player.  She scored on a breakaway and there was a scrum goal in front of the Framingham net. Going into the 3rd it was 2-2.  Framingham carried play in the first and AC in the second.  Framingham recovered from their second period.  I assume the ice making helped them or the coaches or captains got things back on track.  To start the third it was Framingham with pressure.  Half way through the third period went back and forth with both teams with scoring chances.  The game winner was a low shot through traffic from the point.  The goalie never had a chance.  #9 concluded the scoring with an ENG for the trick with under a minute and while killing a 6-4.  I am not sure what to make of Framingham.  A lot of close games this season, looks like they are starting to put it together.  AC is a good team, I think they will be a Tier 2 team by the end of the season.  Flynn could be a superstar by the time she graduates.
    Posted by goodtime19[/QUOTE]
    I wa present for both games as well, Arlington certainly gave SM all they could handle. Spy Ponder goalie was very good really calm in there not sure of the saves but kept SM at bay for a good portion of the game. After first goal for SM you could see the defense lock down Arlington. Great effort. On the second game two middle of the road teams that played hard AC really can skate and pass, Framingham was much bigger played a real plodding game, #9 scored on a nice shot and later bulled her way to the net for the second goal. #5 scored the the 3rd goal on a nice shot that had eyes. Defense for Framingham is kind of hard to describe #13 and # 5 play great position and they scramble a lot after that. Conditioning down the stretch will tell how far this team can go, Ac will certainly bounce back from this one. Too much talent on that bench, one of those games that could have gone 5-2 win for AC. Great breakway goal on giveaway by Framingham. good game to watch.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Light. Show Red-Light's posts

[QUOTE]Also watched both games in Arlington yesterday. Arlington High gave SMH a run for their money for two periods. That was a fun game to watch. Not such a shock that Framingham beat AC as they continue their downward spiral. Problem at AC is 3 coaches in 3 years. Program let 2 experienced coaches go (including an award winning coach) & have wound up with someone who has little to no coaching background. AC had 1st & 2nd lines returning (less one graduating senior) & last year AC was somewhat a contender. Same girls - but an overloaded bench and lack of understanding that team is NOT 3 lines deep against most teams will prevent AC from bouncing back...   To anyone that saw both games - SMH had a lean mean bench. AC had a crowded confused one...
    Posted by sugarandice[/QUOTE]

Too crowded bench???

you can only have 20 skaters dressed?? I think you are missing some of the point.  I have seen quite a bunch of games this year and AC is one of the teams I have seen. It looks like AC's problems seem to be one of entitlement.  They all want to "be the man"  lack of puck movement too much individual play, dumb penalties. Listen to the scuttlebut in the lobby after the game excuses "the coach stinks, my kid should be playing more, the ref stinks. But the players and their parents need to be accountable.  Yes they are on another new coach but the players need to play as a team.  It apears from the outside the coach is young, very young but must have experience to draw from. It is too bad as just 4 years ago they were at the top of the world and now they are an also ran.
    Oh well times change.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Goodtime19

Looks like a very accuate list this is the time of the year when things take shape.  Still this week looks like some very interesting games
    Wed A/B vs Billerica
    Wed C/C vs Westford Academy
    Wed Natick vs Wellesley
    Wed Walpole ns Norwood
    Thu SMH vs Fontbonne
    Sat Woburn vs Lexington

As for the AC comments going on it is very sad for me to have to read as that program has given me and my family so much fun (and yes frustration at times) the past 4 years and my daughter graduating after last season, but after seeing them 2 times this year with no player on the team it is frustraiting to see them go from Champions in 2007 to looks like an uphill climb to make the tourney this year. I hope they can turn it around but we shall see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from metrofan. Show metrofan's posts

[QUOTE]Goodtime19 Looks like a very accuate list this is the time of the year when things take shape.  Still this week looks like some very interesting games Wed A/B vs Billerica Wed C/C vs Westford Academy Wed Natick vs Wellesley Wed Walpole ns Norwood Thu SMH vs Fontbonne Sat Woburn vs Lexington As for the AC comments going on it is very sad for me to have to read as that program has given me and my family so much fun (and yes frustration) the past 4 years but after seeing them 2 times this year with no player on the team it is frustraiting to see them go from Champions in 2007 to looks like an uphill climb to make the tourney this year. I hope they can turn it around but we shall see.
    Posted by Icing-2[/QUOTE]
    As I said in earlier post the talent is there, they skate very well I do agree at times they semed to be mefirst hockey compared to the very skilled and team oriented SM. New coach has to instill a belief in these girls that a team system will work. They should have beaten a less skilled Framingham team no question but couple of bounces and saves by Framingham and score would have been 5-2, 6-2. Numbers are there for this team to turn around very fast, give this young coach a chance to get her feet wet and instill some toughess and togetherness before yor ready to throw her to the curb. Parents be parents and not instands coaches or after game know it alls. I am sure its tough after wonderful run in 2007 but things change, looking at all the recent banners they seem to have a few players in youth program ready to make a splash in coming years. Good Luck AC!  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbySchmatz. Show BobbySchmatz's posts

[QUOTE]I had the opportunity to be "oncall" and catch two girls games today.  Whata great day to get paid to watch hockey.  The first game was Arlington hosting St. Mary's.  I bet a round of beers that Arlington would win or tie.  I thought it would be 2-2, or 2-1, 3-2 Arlington.  I have not picked against Mary's all year long and today they reminded me why.  I thought Arlington had many good scoring opportunities but just came up a bit short.  Both teams carried play for periods of the game.  Sabrina Iannetti played an outstanding game and made the most of her chances.  After a 0-0 first period things started out pretty even in the second as well.  A faceoff in the Mary's zone that they were able to transition out of the zone allowed Sabrina to split the two D and beat the goalie glove side.  The play remained even and in the third Arlington had a great chance in front put couldn't put it in.  Mary's extended lean to 2-0 when Sabrina scored again.  ENG made it 3-0 and a 4th goal with the goalie back in for good measure.  Those girls don't quit.  All in all Arlington is an elite team along with Hingham, Woburn and Lexington.  Those teams and Mary's make up Tier 1.  Billerica is right on the cuss of being tier 1 and maybe they are, O just haven't seen them play enough.  They beat AB on Wed and I will put them in Tier 1. The second game was quite a shock.  Framingham @ AC.  Framingham won 4-2.  Framingham was led by #9.  She had some great individual plays to put them up 2-0 in the first.  AC had good scoring chances but Framingham's D zone played well.  Framingham's goalie played a great game.  AC didn't quit or let up, alot of dump and chase all game.  It appear to be working in the second as Framingham looked a bit tired.  Natalie Flynn is a real shifty player.  She scored on a breakaway and there was a scrum goal in front of the Framingham net. Going into the 3rd it was 2-2.  Framingham carried play in the first and AC in the second.  Framingham recovered from their second period.  I assume the ice making helped them or the coaches or captains got things back on track.  To start the third it was Framingham with pressure.  Half way through the third period went back and forth with both teams with scoring chances.  The game winner was a low shot through traffic from the point.  The goalie never had a chance.  #9 concluded the scoring with an ENG for the trick with under a minute and while killing a 6-4.  I am not sure what to make of Framingham.  A lot of close games this season, looks like they are starting to put it together.  AC is a good team, I think they will be a Tier 2 team by the end of the season.  Flynn could be a superstar by the time she graduates.

SMH had 4 different goal scorers....Dont forget about the goaltender..timely huge saves when it matter most.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : SMH had 4 different goal scorers....Dont forget about the goaltender..timely huge saves when it matter most.
    Posted by BobbySchmatz[/QUOTE]

okay dad

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scooter8. Show Scooter8's posts

Elite Teams?

I think you are missing the boat a bit in your "Tier 1", "Elite" teams.  Duxbury (small Div 2 public school) beat Hingham 2-0 and they did not play their best game.  They were beating St. Marys while again - not playing their best and ended up losing 3-1 (NOTE:  ENG with 10 secs remaining).   I would put all my money on Dux if there was a rematch - no question. They dominated and excellent Canton squad 5-1. Then Duxbury went to Wellesley and - again - did not play their best - controlled the game and won 4-3.  Against and much OLDER and BIGGER Wellesley squad - that has some good talent.

My take on the elite teams (in no particular order) is below.  And - By the Way - all people should take note of the outstanding girls travel teams the are in the areas south of the pike:  The Bay State Breakers and the Spitfire.   The Breakers feed Duxbury, Hingham, WHP, Sandwich and several Privates (Thayer, Notre Dame, Milton Acad).  I assume that the Spitfire feed Canton, Walpole and Norwood. Lets be honest:  The reason ANY of the high school teams are any good is because of those two programs.  In the state tournament it is gonna come down to who has more club players in their repsective teams. To the west/northwest it is the Wizards and Assabet (if the Assabet players dont end up at Preps).  So, hats off to those programs for developing some incredible talent.

Also, while I have not seen Norwood, Walpole or Medfield HS Girls teams play, I can see their schedules and who they have played.  In any event, getting back to my take on elite teams (again - in no order):

Medfield
    Walpole
    Norwood
    Duxbury
    Hingham
    St Marys
    Fontbonne (Private School that recruits playing in the Public Sector...Whats up with that?)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from penaltybox. Show penaltybox's posts

[QUOTE]Probably should have not jinx myself.  So now I am getting ready to leave work, almost made it without being called in.  The message board has been a bit blah lately with Ref and Waiver talk.  For the record I think both are issues, just would not rather waste the time and energy posting about it.  So with that said, what are the top girls leagues this year? I would say the Middlesex is top for Division 1 teams.  Woburn and Lexington will fight for the league crown and go deep in the MIAA tourney.  Watertown is solid.  D2, Belmont and Stoneham...I think only one of them if any makes the tourney and could come down to their game later this season.  Belmont won 5-1 first time around. A close second for me is the Merrimack/Dual Lg.  I think Billerica, AB and Arlington will battle for league bragging rights.  Arlington looks built for a post season run.  AB will go as far as young goalie can take them.  Billerica is solid. Top D2 league without question is Bay State Herget.  If Milton could find a way to support one of the top goalies in the state every team in the Herget would not only make the D2 tourney but have a chance to go to final 4.  Norwood, Walpole and Wellesley will be a heavy weight fight for league.  Natick is very solid and young, watch out for them as a serious contender in next few years.  This year will get them some tourney experience. Sticking in the Bay State, the Carey is what the Carey is....Braintree and Framingham beating Weymouth, North, Needham and Brookline (only once this year).  Then they play each other and split (second game not played but basing on historical data - last season.) The winner of this side will be the team that gets the most points on the other side of the league.  I give edge to Braintree.  Braintree is a dark horse for post season.  Very tough non league schedule will have them ready to go.  Will be tough draw for the 5-7 seed that draws them.  Framingham is an easy call in my opinion. Get to .500 this week and they probably have enough to go .500 the rest of the way and make tourney as last team in.  If that is the case, they should be competitive in prelim or first round but not expecting a run further than that.  Catholic Central renamed Mary's and everyone else.  With that said, I think every team in this league will make the post season.  That says a lot about this league.  Their non league games are not push overs either.  But Mary's is still tops.  Is someone going to beat Mary's in the tourney...time will tell. Catholic Conference is Fontbonne and I don't see any other team making post season.  Some around at .500 and around but rest of their schedules look tough, but hey, that's why they play the games. The new GEM Central-West is Shrewsbury's.  Gardner and Hudson could make tourney.  Shrewsbury is solid but not expecting a run from them. The GEM Northeast is a 2 team race.  Lynn and Marblehead both solid teams playing good non league teams (for the most part).  I think Danvers also qualifies for tourney. The GBL is 1 team and 1 team only - Medford, who??? I said Medford and watch out they can score.  Question for the post season, can they defend and do they have a proven goalie.  Funny side note, Watertown decline to play a D1 school who is currently a few games below .500.  The AD and coach graciously decline the invite for a non league game stating "we missed the tourney by a few points last year and need to make it in this year."  Someone should have told them taking Medford twice and Natick once might have been a mistake.  Can't always go by last year's records...have to do some due diligence.  3-2 win first game V. Medford but they got 1 more. Merrimack/Dual small, not too much small about these teams.  South, Westford and CC are for real.  Westford and CC have some nice league wins against the lg schools and some nice non league points.  LS could find there way into the dance. The Southeast North could be the second best D2 division, there are some D1 schools in the mix as well.  Franklin is solid.  Medfield, Canton (4-3 L to Norwood) and Medway (2-2 tie Canton) will fight for the league title and could go far in the tourney.  One of the 3 could make the final 4.  Westwood is very young, no tourney this year but watch out. The Southeast South is Duxbury's for the taking.  Barnstable will be a tough out in the D1 tourney.  WH should be back in the post season (d1).  Hats off to Barnstable for fighting through adversity.  How is Falmouth a D2 school in girls hockey? Hingham no league, plays all comers and will be in final 8 for sure, 4 probably.  Since Icing has moved on from his weekly poll, I would like to take a shot.  I think now is the perfect time to start polls.  You have a good gauge to make picks and I have had a chance to see 90 percent of the teams I putting in the poll.  So, here is the GT Weekly Six Pack: Division 1 Mary's Lexington Woburn Hingham Arlington AB Division 2 Fontbonne Duxbury Norwood Walpole Medfield Canton Would love your feedback or constructive criticism.  Hope you enjoy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from penaltybox. Show penaltybox's posts

Goodtime 19:  With regard to Watertown's Coach and AD decline on other D1 non-league play I don't think I would call it funny.  I think I would call it smart.   They are already playing in one of the toughest leagues and playing Lexington and Woburn twice.  Woburn is proving to be the best and most consistant teams on all levels - disciplined and well coached with Lexington at its heels.  They also played Medford twice last year and split.  They have made a lot of progress and continue to improve.  They have never made the tournament in the history of their program... sooooo they should play St. Mary's???? Really?????... what other D1 team do you think they should play????? Just curious. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

Re: Elite Teams?

In Response to Elite Teams?:
    [QUOTE]I think you are missing the boat a bit in your "Tier 1", "Elite" teams.  Duxbury (small Div 2 public school) beat Hingham 2-0 and they did not play their best game.  They were beating St. Marys while again - not playing their best and ended up losing 3-1 (NOTE:  ENG with 10 secs remaining).   I would put all my money on Dux if there was a rematch - no question. They dominated and excellent Canton squad 5-1. Then Duxbury went to Wellesley and - again - did not play their best - controlled the game and won 4-3.  Against and much OLDER and BIGGER Wellesley squad - that has some good talent. My take on the elite teams (in no particular order) is below.  And - By the Way - all people should take note of the outstanding girls travel teams the are in the areas south of the pike:  The Bay State Breakers and the Spitfire.   The Breakers feed Duxbury, Hingham, WHP, Sandwich and several Privates (Thayer, Notre Dame, Milton Acad).  I assume that the Spitfire feed Canton, Walpole and Norwood. Lets be honest:  The reason ANY of the high school teams are any good is because of those two programs.  In the state tournament it is gonna come down to who has more club players in their repsective teams. To the west/northwest it is the Wizards and Assabet (if the Assabet players dont end up at Preps).  So, hats off to those programs for developing some incredible talent. Also, while I have not seen Norwood, Walpole or Medfield HS Girls teams play, I can see their schedules and who they have played.  In any event, getting back to my take on elite teams (again - in no order): Medfield Walpole Norwood Duxbury Hingham St Marys Fontbonne (Private School that recruits playing in the Public Sector...Whats up with that?)
    Posted by Scooter8[/QUOTE]

Where do you think all the Players from SMH come from over the last couple of years, basicly one program, Middlesex Islanders

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scooter8. Show Scooter8's posts

In Response to Re: Elite Teams?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Elite Teams? : Where do you think all the Players from SMH come from over the last couple of years, basicly one program, Middlesex Islanders
    Posted by magellann[/QUOTE]

OK.  Not so sure they are cranking out the players that the other programs I mentioned are.  Checking out the NEGHL standing reveals that the Islanders are struggling just a bit in the U12 and U14..?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wobky. Show wobky's posts

[QUOTE]I think you are missing the boat a bit in your "Tier 1", "Elite" teams.  Duxbury (small Div 2 public school) beat Hingham 2-0 and they did not play their best game.  They were beating St. Marys while again - not playing their best and ended up losing 3-1 (NOTE:  ENG with 10 secs remaining).   I would put all my money on Dux if there was a rematch - no question. They dominated and excellent Canton squad 5-1. Then Duxbury went to Wellesley and - again - did not play their best - controlled the game and won 4-3.  Against and much OLDER and BIGGER Wellesley squad - that has some good talent. My take on the elite teams (in no particular order) is below.  And - By the Way - all people should take note of the outstanding girls travel teams the are in the areas south of the pike:  The Bay State Breakers and the Spitfire.   The Breakers feed Duxbury, Hingham, WHP, Sandwich and several Privates (Thayer, Notre Dame, Milton Acad).  I assume that the Spitfire feed Canton, Walpole and Norwood. Lets be honest:  The reason ANY of the high school teams are any good is because of those two programs.  In the state tournament it is gonna come down to who has more club players in their repsective teams. To the west/northwest it is the Wizards and Assabet (if the Assabet players dont end up at Preps).  So, hats off to those programs for developing some incredible talent. Also, while I have not seen Norwood, Walpole or Medfield HS Girls teams play, I can see their schedules and who they have played.  In any event, getting back to my take on elite teams (again - in no order): Medfield Walpole Norwood Duxbury Hingham St Marys Fontbonne (Private School that recruits playing in the Public Sector...Whats up with that?)

You have to include Lexington and Woburn.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

No argument here on Duxbury.  The Tier 1 was more aligned with D1 or how I was setting it up.  But them and Fontbonne would be my Tier 1 teams in D2.  I would say your rankings seem a bit "south shore, southeastern" aligned but i assume that is the hockey you most often see.  Woburn and Lexington are for real.

As far as the select hockey teams as feeders, that has been how its been for a long time.  A lot of those towns don't have girls u14 or 17 teams.  I am not going to speak to the recruiting.  I have seen the MIAA step in when there is evidence.  Happened with two Boston city hoops teams last year or year before.  MIAA actions were swift and just.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

[QUOTE]Goodtime 19:  With regard to Watertown's Coach and AD decline on other D1 non-league play I don't think I would call it funny.  I think I would call it smart.   They are already playing in one of the toughest leagues and playing Lexington and Woburn twice.  Woburn is proving to be the best and most consistant teams on all levels - disciplined and well coached with Lexington at its heels.  They also played Medford twice last year and split.  They have made a lot of progress and continue to improve.  They have never made the tournament in the history of their program... sooooo they should play St. Mary's???? Really?????... what other D1 team do you think they should play????? Just curious. 
    Posted by penaltybox[/QUOTE]

The reason I think it is funny is because I have very close friends within the Watertown ice hockey community.  I want them to make the tourney more than most people within the town.  That being said.  The coaches and AD looked at last season's scores and standing and picked teams they perceived as wins to play.  I am okay with that because they play in the toughest top to bottom league in girls hockey.  MY PROBLEM, they didn't do their homework.  Had they looked at the team asking to play them they would see what the team looked like and what was coming in.  Schedules are made in October for non league.  Usually after the league schedule is set so teams can find open dates.  By October, coaches that have the finger on the pulse can know who is where and what teams may look like.  I know coaches who have adleast 1 contact within most of the leagues.  They reach out and trade information on teams in their league to get info on teams in the others league.  This goes against the league code but its all about your team I guess.  My thoughts were that Medford is up this season and Natick has about 10 quality freshman.  Getting Natick later in the year doesn't help Watertown either as these girls will have games under their belt.  I wasn't trying to bash Watertown, just an observation.  It is also not just Watertown that does it, I just personally know the situation and thought it was funny.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

[QUOTE]Goodtime 19:  With regard to Watertown's Coach and AD decline on other D1 non-league play I don't think I would call it funny.  I think I would call it smart.   They are already playing in one of the toughest leagues and playing Lexington and Woburn twice.  Woburn is proving to be the best and most consistant teams on all levels - disciplined and well coached with Lexington at its heels.  They also played Medford twice last year and split.  They have made a lot of progress and continue to improve.  They have never made the tournament in the history of their program... sooooo they should play St. Mary's???? Really?????... what other D1 team do you think they should play????? Just curious. 
    Posted by penaltybox[/QUOTE]

Who do I think they should play?  Brookline...oh wait, they are playing them.  Just a joke, couldn't resist.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from penaltybox. Show penaltybox's posts

Goodtime19.
    Wow... Too much information.  Looks like you are just the go-too guy... Sounds like someone has an axe to grind.  Maybe a team that is going to struggle to make the playoffs this year.. and was a little over confident scheduling a non-league game with SMH this season.  "You want them to make it more than most people within the town"....  I think not.    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

actually my rooting interests are for Milton so no axes to grind here.  Wife went to Watertown High and I own a business is Watertown.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]I think you are missing the boat a bit in your "Tier 1", "Elite" teams.  Duxbury (small Div 2 public school) beat Hingham 2-0 and they did not play their best game.  They were beating St. Marys while again - not playing their best and ended up losing 3-1 (NOTE:  ENG with 10 secs remaining).   I would put all my money on Dux if there was a rematch - no question. They dominated and excellent Canton squad 5-1. Then Duxbury went to Wellesley and - again - did not play their best - controlled the game and won 4-3.  Against and much OLDER and BIGGER Wellesley squad - that has some good talent. My take on the elite teams (in no particular order) is below.  ....

No argument from me that Duxbury is a great team, I would pick them over Fontbonne to take the D2 title, but from the sound of your post they seem a bit inconsistent, you named three games where they "did not play their best game",
    that's every third game.

They were outplaying St. Mary's for the first half of the game, but they seemed to run out of gas in the third period and it cost them. Unfortunately, no rematch this year, it would be a terrific game to watch.

Come tournament time they had better bring their best game because if not, its one and done.

I wish them good luck. Go Dragons!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbySchmatz. Show BobbySchmatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : okay dad
    Posted by endofroad[/QUOTE]
    Not Dad and your a Jackwagon

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from penaltybox. Show penaltybox's posts

[QUOTE]actually my rooting interests are for Milton so no axes to grind here.  Wife went to Watertown High and I own a business is Watertown.

Oh that explains your insider knowlege and ability to quote coaches and AD's in the Watertown Hockey Community not to mention your keen insight into the doings of MIAA and all things D1 and D2
     "Things that make you go Hmmmmm" 
    Hope business picks up.

GO  MILTON

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

My wife and I own Pleasant Street Pizza.  We bought it about 7.5 years ago.  We do very well during lunch time with the businesses in the area.  We donate pizza's for the all night party after graduation.  We take out ad space in the sports programs.  I am also an "employee of the town of Milton."  Feel free to stop in anytime, code word can be Raiders.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]My wife and I own Pleasant Street Pizza.  We bought it about 7.5 years ago.  We do very well during lunch time with the businesses in the area.  We donate pizza's for the all night party after graduation.  We take out ad space in the sports programs.  I am also an "employee of the town of Milton."  Feel free to stop in anytime, code word can be Raiders.   

Italian or Greek pizza?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

greek but no too much oil and great crust

Sections
Shortcuts