EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from metrofan. Show metrofan's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : This is what the Globe had to say: Norwood 2, Framingham 1 Saturday, Jan. 29, 2011, at Framingham Lisa Coskren and Ali Maloof scored in the third period to lead the Mustangs.
    Posted by peaceonearth[/QUOTE]

Saw the game Framingham played very well for two periods and had a good def. scheme for Maloof. Tow costly penalties did Fram. in. Young Defenseman #5 played outstanding she really shores up that defense very mature for Freshman. Norwood had quality chances but goalie from Framingham kept them in the game. Gotta say this team is playing better from the first few times I saw them #8 tall forward is really helping carry the puck and #13 playing wing up from def. spot looks like she is adjusting. Could be a surprisingly good game down at Braintree in coming weeks. Heard a lot of complaining that the refs. only penalized Norwood for the first two periods, these calls were justified the Mustangs are very physical. Maloof is a player to watch very strong skater with the best hands in BSC.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Matty+Ice. Show Matty+Ice's posts

Walpole 7 Weymouth 0.  Game was 6-0 before the end of the 1st.  Coach actually shuffled the lines for Walpole.  3rd line scored on first two shifts.  First time I can remember in a long time him making noteworthy changes.  We'll see if this gets KC going offensively.
    Let's see if it works as Walpole has interesting schedule coming up.
    @ Framingham (coming off solid performance vs. Norwood)
    vs. Wellesley (very good team looking for revenge for Walpole winning in their barn)
    @ Milton (solid goalie)
    vs. Dedham (robbed of game @ Dedham)
    @ Norwood (Lots of trash talk, started by Norwood, but Walpole not backing down)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]Larry, Pete, as Icing has pointed out it is a different season, and on any given night if a team steps up they have a chance....maybe Endofroad will have her net minder winning in the garden before she moves on….
    Posted by Sportsdad23[/QUOTE]

that would be nice. the team can't be star struck though. they are a much better team than 2 years ago but the young ones just don;t know it yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Seeding is going to play an even bigger part in the equation this year.  I know it can be said every year.  If you look at things right now the round of 8 would have some interesting matchups.  Hingham v Lexington is one while others like the #3 best record Medway/Ashland may be a 1 and done team.  Still alot of hockey left but before we look at who will be facing whom in the finals look down at the teams as the seeds start to shake out over the next few weeks.  Remember last year the #22 seeded team played the #1 team for the title.
    As I said before and will say again it is kind of a wierd year and expect the unexpected. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Weekly Six Pack

Division 1
    St. Mary's - They take everyone's best shot every night.  Great program top to bottom.
    Woburn - Had there chance, now they will have to wait to March
    Hingham - Tough schedule, don't have recap on L to Font. today
    Lexington - Watertown on Wed.  Watertown's chance to prove 5-5 tie was no fluke
    AB- next week they get Arl.
    Arlington - Saturday starts a big big 3 game streak for the Ponders
    If you are seed 7-24 in the tourney which one of these 6 would you want to play later in the dance???  I would say AB, great D and goalie but you might have a chance to keep it close and capitalize on the slim opportunities you may have.

Divison 2
    Duxbury - Train is rolling
    Fontbonne -Up and Down.  Tie w/ NDA and beats Hingham
    Medfield -  Don't see them taking a L the rest of reg. season.  Battle tested?
    Norwood - Framingham may have the right idea, shadow Maloof all game.  Let her get some penalties...but, don't let her get on the PP.
    Dedham - That's right, 2-1 L to Wood and Tree, beats Well and Pole
    Wellesley- Watch out for the Herget
    Would think that adleast 2 Herget teams will be in the final 4 D2 teams standing in March.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Upset Monday??
    Although The Fontbonne 3 Hingham 1 score is not necessarly but the Belmont 7 Wellesley 2 score certianlly counts as one!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from peaceonearth. Show peaceonearth's posts

[QUOTE]Upset Monday?? Although The Fontbonne 3 Hingham 1 score is not necessarly but the Belmont 7 Wellesley 2 score certianlly counts as one!
    Posted by Icing-2[/QUOTE]

Is the Wellesley goalie hurt again?  Hard to imagine their #1 goalie was in net for that one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Is the Wellesley goalie hurt again?  Hard to imagine their #1 goalie was in net for that one.
    Posted by peaceonearth[/QUOTE]

Yes, Wellesley's number 1 Charlotte Borgatti was out Saturday V. Braintree and was out yesterday V. Belmont. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

I'm ready to move to Hawaii....back on to the topic at hand though - What is the consensus on what is going to happen to the schedule over the weekend of March 11-13th? Think there's any chance at all the AD's or MIAA will avoid scheduling games for that weekend? The way things are shaking out with this weather, these teams are not likely going to be done with the regular season, never mind the tournament.  Could end up being some unexpected teams moving on from States in both tiers if this season doesn't finish on time. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

Is there a proposed schedule for the tournament already out?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

See page 2
    http://www.miaa.net/IceHockey-10-11-format.pdf

Tourney starys 2/28/11 and the finals are 3/20/11

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

[QUOTE]See page 2 http://www.miaa.net/IceHockey-10-11-format.pdf Tourney starys 2/28/11 and the finals are 3/20/11

Thanks Icing!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

I think one of our make up games isn't scheduled to be played until March 1st, and that was before this latest round of cancellations. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

[QUOTE]I think one of our make up games isn't scheduled to be played until March 1st, and that was before this latest round of cancellations. 
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

I have seen a lot of games rescheduled for March 1st on Mass hs hockey.  I emailed them and they stated that games with a March 1st date are only because those games have not been scheduled yet.

I have heard from some AD's that there is no way the MIAA will push back the start of the tourneys.  They told me that back a few years ago the spring season of sports had a ton of rainouts.  Teams had to get the games in or take them as a L.  The MIAA did allow teams to play more than 3 games in a week though.

I think most teams will have to play 3 games during Feb. break.  The rinks should have ice since it's the middle of the morning or early afternoon during the work week.  I would also not be surprised if games are being held where ever ice is available.  It will be interesting to see what the teams playing in Feb. break tourneys do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Ah, that makes sense.  Thanks Good. Sounding like another round of cancellations is going to happen for Saturdays games with another 4-8" hitting our area.  Don't know about others, but that leaves us with 4 make-ups, with only one of them actually scheduled. Going to be a nightmare. So much for those pre-season softball work outs!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Some teams are on the home stretch and others have 8 or 9 games left.  Based on only winning percentage and not taking into account any special rules here is what I see.

Division 1.  25 teams qualify.  1-9 seed get a bye.  There are 4 teams with a current winning percentage between .500 - .600, I think all will qualify.  There are 5 teams with a current win percentage between .400 - .500.  I think Framingham will get in and AC will be on the fence.  Framingham has Brookline, Weymouth which they should win.  They have Needham, North and Reading where they should be able to get 3 points total.  They then have Braintree and Walpole for L's.  AC has Ursuline, AP and Archies for wins.  Then it gets dialed up.  They have Fontbonne, Billerica and 2 with Arlington.  They will need one win or 2 points in those games.  Obviously the phrase "that's why they play the games" applies.  Anything could happen, I'm just making some educated guesses.

Division 2. 15-17 teams qualify.  If 15 teams, 1 bye, 16 teams no byes and 17 teams 1 prelim game 16 v 17.  3 teams currently .400 to .500 I don't think any of them will make it.  There schedules, esp. NDA and Winchester are very tough.  There are 6 teams with winning percentages between .500 - .600.  I think one is out, Archies.  I think 2 are on the fence.  Belmont and Ursuline have tough schedules down the stretch.  Belmont has Stoneham, Lexington and Watertown as difficult games.  Ursuline has AC, NDA and Walpole.

Should be exciting to watch end of season unfold.  Once we are down to final 2 or 3 games I will put out projected brackets and seeds as I did last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cager. Show cager's posts

The deadline is Friday 2/25.

Pairing meetings are Saturday 2/26, starting at 10:30am.

For the girls sections, higher rated teams host the preliminary and first round games, with approval of the Tournament Director.

By the time the tournament gets to the March weekend mentioned above, at least two rounds will have been completed.  So, only half the teams will still be playing.  That the teams will be, or will not be playing that weekend is impossible to predict right now.  But, some years, there have been girls games played on Saturday or Sunday during the second weekend.

When tring to figure out who will qualify, remember to consider the exclusion games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Woburn 7 Wakefield 3

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nogame. Show nogame's posts

Not sure why the previous post by puckenpeter was removed but the answer is inexperienced coach and an AD who could care less about women's hockey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Light. Show Red-Light's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure why the previous post by puckenpeter was removed but the answer is inexperienced coach and an AD who could care less about women's hockey.
    Posted by nogame[/QUOTE]
    Ok, so Nogame is an angry AC parent.  That is all the AC parents have been talking about in this forum.  This act is getting old here.  It is never the players, or what the parents are telling the players, it is always the coach and the AD. 

When do the players take some of the blame, come on here people.  Lets face it you are on your third coach in 3 years.  There must be a reason!  How about looking in the mirror!! If the players broke their butts and parents were supportive of the coach the last one would of never left. Your chances on making the Tournament are virtually non existent!

Blame the AD if you want but wasn't he AD back in 2007 when the team was on top (I think that was the year)? Did not see the bashing going on then!  I do not see how someone can say the AD hates girls hockey unless he dosent get them practice ice, game and practice equipment, Buses or forgets to schedule officials.  If he has a habit of that well you may be right, but what would be examples of not liking girls hockey. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nogame. Show nogame's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Ok, so Nogame is an angry AC parent.  That is all the AC parents have been talking about in this forum.  This act is getting old here.  It is never the players, or what the parents are telling the players, it is always the coach and the AD.  When do the players take some of the blame, come on here people.  Lets face it you are on your third coach in 3 years.  There must be a reason!  How about looking in the mirror!! If the players broke their butts and parents were supportive of the coach the last one would of never left. Your chances on making the Tournament are virtually non existent! Blame the AD if you want but wasn't he AD back in 2007 when the team was on top (I think that was the year)? Did not see the bashing going on then!  I do not see how someone can say the AD hates girls hockey unless he dosent get them practice ice, game and practice equipment, Buses or forgets to schedule officials.  If he has a habit of that well you may be right, but what would be examples of not liking girls hockey. 
    Posted by Red-Light[/QUOTE]

You must be a fan of the AD or Coach because you have no clue of what's going on here. No where in THIS post was a team mentioned.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Ok, so Nogame is an angry AC parent.  That is all the AC parents have been talking about in this forum.  This act is getting old here.  It is never the players, or what the parents are telling the players, it is always the coach and the AD.  When do the players take some of the blame, come on here people.  Lets face it you are on your third coach in 3 years.  There must be a reason!  How about looking in the mirror!! If the players broke their butts and parents were supportive of the coach the last one would of never left. Your chances on making the Tournament are virtually non existent! Blame the AD if you want but wasn't he AD back in 2007 when the team was on top (I think that was the year)? Did not see the bashing going on then!  I do not see how someone can say the AD hates girls hockey unless he dosent get them practice ice, game and practice equipment, Buses or forgets to schedule officials.  If he has a habit of that well you may be right, but what would be examples of not liking girls hockey. 
    Posted by Red-Light[/QUOTE]
    WOW Kind of harsh words don't you think.  I know they have had their ups and downs and will rebound.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : WOW Kind of harsh words don't you think.  I know they have had their ups and downs and will rebound.

AC's problems actually are the AD and the few players/parents that are full of themselves. I believe it will be a whole different team next season where the coach(s) get to start fresh without the few headaches(players) and outside distractions(parents).  the only problem, they'll still have to deal with the pompous AD.

Bob

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

SMH vs Hingham round 2 today any report yet??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hcky2. Show hcky2's posts

St. Mary's 4 Hingham 2

Sections
Shortcuts