EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

Woburn 8 AB 2

Plenty of SMH players at the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

just take the kids out for some hot fudge sundaes and enjoy themselves before the slaughter.

......finally, someone gets what its all about !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Looks like the coin will be busy tomorrow on the D1 side ties for 9/10, 11/12, 14/15, 16/17/18.  Keep an eye on the 19 seed could see them in the semi fianals.

The D2 side still has 2 games to be played that have impact on the seeds but I think the tourney will wide open and mas many as 6 or 7 teams that could be there at the end. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfan78. Show hockeyfan78's posts

First time bay stater here.  Good luck to all the girls and teams in the tourney.
    Just a quick observation, a hot goalie can carry any team to the title.  Drop the puck already!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Paycheck,

Im still here brother, I got your back. Still pulling for AB girls hockey and now AB boys as I have a Frosh goalie coming into the program. As you know, been following college hockey now, it's been a tough year for the college team and me with all the travel to these away games, it's killing me. Was at the AB v Woburn game, Enough said. Good luck to everyone inthe tournament.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Hey A/B miss you round these parts!

Goodtime - as always, succinctly and accurately put, thanks.

Looking like we're heading up to Medfuhd on Monday, here's to hoping for a game earlier than 8pm.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    Hey A/B miss you round these parts! Goodtime - as always, succinctly and accurately put, thanks. Looking like we're heading up to Medfuhd on Monday, here's to hoping for a game earlier than 8pm.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule

there are a ton of coin flips...medford is one of the teams involved.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

End, your the best.  you have any idea this is a game ? played by teenagers ? c'mon man, stop living life thru ur kid..... Cash:  love that pic ! Pete; I hear ya loud and clear........you puttin Framingham and Woburn/AC in the same class of team ? 
    Posted by Paycheck4

living through my kid? i never played the game. if you're trying to stir the pot you're pretty good at it.
    good luck in the tourney. let me know who you root for. i'd like to meet you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

HockeyMom,
    Endofroad is right , the toss is between Medford and Watertown/Melrose.
    I'd rather play Medford and cover one player,#11, then play Watertown covering #22 plus a few others, including a good goaltender. Thats if they play AK, why they don't(?) must be a senior thing!

Bob

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Well Based On Win Percentage we have a number of rankings that will require a coin flip. I have tried to summarize below the possible scenarios for teams with winning percentag .500 and above. I suppose it would just be easier to wait until the seeding come out tomorrow. Oddly enough DII does not have any ties.

Also I don't know if any of the Exclusion Games will come into play.

Division 1
            (1)     St Marys Lynn
            (16)    Beverly/Danvers or Cambridge/Somerville or Shrewsbury vs. (17)Beverly/Danvers or Cambridge/Somerville or Shrewsbury
            (8)     Hingham
            (9)     Watertown/Melrose or Medford

(2)     Woburn
            (15)    Franklin or Westford Academy vs. (18)Beverly/Danvers or Cambridge/Somerville or Shrewsbury
            (7)     Acton-Boxboro
            (10)    Watertown/Melrose or Medford vs. (23)Framingham

(3)     Medway/Ashland
            (14)    Franklin or Westford Academy vs. (19)Lincoln-Sudbury
            (6)     Algonquin/Hudson
            (11)    Arlington or Billerica vs. (22)Chelmsford

(4)     Winthrop/Lynn
            (13)    Braintree vs. (20)Marblehead/Swampscott
            (5)     Lexington
            (12)    Arlington or Billerica vs. (21)Barnstable

Division 2

(1)     Norwood
            (16)    Belmont vs. (17)Winchester
            (8)     Sandwich
            (9)     Canton

(4)     Fontbonne Academy
            (13)    Stoneham
            (5)     Walpole
            (12)    Concord-Carlisle

(2)     Duxbury
            (15)    Natick
            (7)     Dedham
            (10)    Mt St Joseph/Matignon

(3)     Medfield
            (14)    Ursuline Academy
            (6)     Wellesley
            (11)    Whitman-Hanson/Pembroke

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

Well Based On Win Percentage we have a number of rankings that will require a coin flip. I have tried to summarize below the possible scenarios. I suppose it would just be easier to wait until the seeding come out tomorrow. Oddly enough DII does not have any ties. Also I don't know if any of the Exclusion Games will come into play. Division 1         (1)     St Marys Lynn         (16)    Beverly/Danvers or Cambridge/Somerville or Shrewsbury vs. (17)Beverly/Danvers or Cambridge/Somerville or Shrewsbury         (8)     Hingham         (9)     Watertown/Melrose or Medford         (2)     Woburn         (15)    Franklin or Westford Academy vs. (18)Beverly/Danvers or Cambridge/Somerville or Shrewsbury         (7)     Acton-Boxboro         (10)    Watertown/Melrose or Medford vs. (23)Framingham         (3)     Medway/Ashland         (14)    Franklin or Westford Academy vs. (19)Lincoln-Sudbury         (6)     Algonquin/Hudson         (11)    Arlington or Billerica vs. (22)Chelmsford         (4)     Winthrop/Lynn         (13)    Braintree vs. (20)Marblehead/Swampscott         (5)     Lexington         (12)    Arlington or Billerica vs. (21)Barnstable Division 2         (1)     Norwood         (16)    Belmont vs. (17)Winchester         (8)     Sandwich         (9)     Canton         (4)     Fontbonne Academy         (13)    Stoneham         (5)     Walpole         (12)    Concord-Carlisle         (2)     Duxbury         (15)    Natick         (7)     Dedham         (10)    Mt St Joseph/Matignon         (3)     Medfield         (14)    Ursuline Academy         (6)     Wellesley         (11)    Whitman-Hanson/Pembroke
    Posted by ghockeyfan

Nicely put together - There is also a coin flip at 5/6 for D1 between Lexington and Algonquin/Hudson

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Otto-Maddox. Show Otto-Maddox's posts

Well Based On Win Percentage we have a number of rankings that will require a coin flip. I have tried to summarize below the possible scenarios. I suppose it would just be easier to wait until the seeding come out tomorrow. Oddly enough DII does not have any ties. Also I don't know if any of the Exclusion Games will come into play. Division 1         (1)     St Marys Lynn         (16)    Beverly/Danvers or Cambridge/Somerville or Shrewsbury vs. (17)Beverly/Danvers or Cambridge/Somerville or Shrewsbury         (8)     Hingham         (9)     Watertown/Melrose or Medford         (2)     Woburn         (15)    Franklin or Westford Academy vs. (18)Beverly/Danvers or Cambridge/Somerville or Shrewsbury         (7)     Acton-Boxboro         (10)    Watertown/Melrose or Medford vs. (23)Framingham         (3)     Medway/Ashland         (14)    Franklin or Westford Academy vs. (19)Lincoln-Sudbury         (6)     Algonquin/Hudson         (11)    Arlington or Billerica vs. (22)Chelmsford         (4)     Winthrop/Lynn         (13)    Braintree vs. (20)Marblehead/Swampscott         (5)     Lexington         (12)    Arlington or Billerica vs. (21)Barnstable Division 2         (1)     Norwood         (16)    Belmont vs. (17)Winchester         (8)     Sandwich         (9)     Canton         (4)     Fontbonne Academy         (13)    Stoneham         (5)     Walpole         (12)    Concord-Carlisle         (2)     Duxbury         (15)    Natick         (7)     Dedham         (10)    Mt St Joseph/Matignon         (3)     Medfield         (14)    Ursuline Academy         (6)     Wellesley         (11)    Whitman-Hanson/Pembroke
    Posted by ghockeyfan

The Duxbury / WHP game today will determine who plays Fontbonne, a Duxbury win means WHP plays Fontbonne, a WHP win things remain the way they are above(I think)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

if you're trying to stir the pot you're pretty good at it.     exactly END !!! I knew you would catch on.

AB:  great to hear from ya !!!! I love those college road trips !!  expecially the ones in CT that end up a 3day at Foxwoods !!!!   Note on office door:  Will return in 4 days, gone to hockey game in CT.........Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cager. Show cager's posts

To many coin flips in D1 to bother with figuring out.

D2 is a little off.

MT St Joe is 6, and AWHS is 18.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Otto-Maddox. Show Otto-Maddox's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : The Duxbury / WHP game today will determine who plays Fontbonne, a Duxbury win means WHP plays Fontbonne, a WHP win things remain the way they are above(I think)
    Posted by Otto-Maddox

Also I think a Duxbury loss means a coin flip for 2/3 and I think Archies gets in based on Sullivan rule ? and would slot in against Natick winner to play Duxbury

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

To many coin flips in D1 to bother with figuring out. D2 is a little off. MT St Joe is 6, and AWHS is 18.
    Posted by cager

Can I assume the MSJ and AWHS differences are due to exclusion games?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Nicely put together - There is also a coin flip at 5/6 for D1 between Lexington and Algonquin/Hudson
    Posted by shoot2score

So Algonquin/Hudson must have won yesterday vs. Wilmington. The result was not on MassHSHockey yet.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfan78. Show hockeyfan78's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Also I think a Duxbury loss means a coin flip for 2/3 and I think Archies gets in based on Sullivan rule ? and would slot in against Natick winner to play Duxbury
    Posted by Otto-Maddox

Archies is in, so there will be two prelims in D2.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Paycheck, Im still here brother, I got your back. Still pulling for AB girls hockey and now AB boys as I have a Frosh goalie coming into the program. As you know, been following college hockey now, it's been a tough year for the college team and me with all the travel to these away games, it's killing me. Was at the AB v Woburn game, Enough said. Good luck to everyone inthe tournament.
    Posted by abgirlsfan

AB it was just one game:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/5115/no-2-woburn-ends-regular-season-with-a-bang

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Can I assume the MSJ and AWHS differences are due to exclusion games?
    Posted by ghockeyfan

MIAA exclusion games:
    http://www.miaa.net/ice-hockey-game-exclusions.htm

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from penaltybox. Show penaltybox's posts

Well Based On Win Percentage we have a number of rankings that will require a coin flip. I have tried to summarize below the possible scenarios for teams with winning percentag .500 and above. I suppose it would just be easier to wait until the seeding come out tomorrow. Oddly enough DII does not have any ties. Also I don't know if any of the Exclusion Games will come into play. Division 1         (1)     St Marys Lynn         (16)    Beverly/Danvers or Cambridge/Somerville or Shrewsbury vs. (17)Beverly/Danvers or Cambridge/Somerville or Shrewsbury         (8)     Hingham         (9)     Watertown/Melrose or Medford         (2)     Woburn         (15)    Franklin or Westford Academy vs. (18)Beverly/Danvers or Cambridge/Somerville or Shrewsbury         (7)     Acton-Boxboro         (10)    Watertown/Melrose or Medford vs. (23)Framingham         (3)     Medway/Ashland         (14)    Franklin or Westford Academy vs. (19)Lincoln-Sudbury         (6)     Algonquin/Hudson         (11)    Arlington or Billerica vs. (22)Chelmsford         (4)     Winthrop/Lynn         (13)    Braintree vs. (20)Marblehead/Swampscott         (5)     Lexington         (12)    Arlington or Billerica vs. (21)Barnstable Division 2         (1)     Norwood         (16)    Belmont vs. (17)Winchester         (8)     Sandwich         (9)     Canton         (4)     Fontbonne Academy         (13)    Stoneham         (5)     Walpole         (12)    Concord-Carlisle         (2)     Duxbury         (15)    Natick         (7)     Dedham         (10)    Mt St Joseph/Matignon         (3)     Medfield         (14)    Ursuline Academy         (6)     Wellesley         (11)    Whitman-Hanson/Pembroke
    Posted by ghockeyfan

Thanks for putting together.  Just trying to understand the process.  If there are going to be 9 byes, above looks as though you have  8 & 9 playing each other or did I misunderstand your post?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Thanks for putting together.  Just trying to understand the process.  If there are going to be 9 byes, above looks as though you have  8 & 9 playing each other or did I misunderstand your post?
    Posted by penaltybox

if you go to http://www.printyourbrackets.com/pdfbrackets/23teamsingleseeded.pdf 

print it...go to Masshockey and print from St Marys to Framingham...number the teams from 1-23...keeing in mind the coin flips...enter the teams onto the bracket.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from penaltybox. Show penaltybox's posts

GHF:  Think I got it.  Teams 14 through 23 play each other (14 teams) the 7 that come out of it play top 7 teams and 8 and 9 play each other.  Is that it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from penaltybox. Show penaltybox's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : if you go to http://www.printyourbrackets.com/pdfbrackets/23teamsingleseeded.pdf   print it...go to Masshockey and print from St Marys to Framingham...number the teams from 1-23...keeing in mind the coin flips...enter the teams onto the bracket.
    Posted by endofroad

Thank you END.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Penalty - you got it.

End & Bob - thanks, thought there might still be a tie situation between the two but wasn't sure.  Either way, agree that the Medford draw is probably best case scenario, but for some reason some around here are saying the  Watertown/Melrose is a better match up.  Can't figure their reasoning unless they think the only one to worry about with W/M is EK? I was pretty sure they had a handful to worry about, including the goalie and let's face it, our biggest obstacle this season is the goalie, no matter who we're playing. :-)  Going to be interesting to see how the returners react to dropping from a 9 seed to the last seed in one year come Monday no matter who they are playing.  Hopefully they'll have a chip or two on their shoulders and just go for it.

Sections
Shortcuts