EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Thanks for putting together.  Just trying to understand the process.  If there are going to be 9 byes, above looks as though you have  8 & 9 playing each other or did I misunderstand your post?
    Posted by penaltybox[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late answer, I had to do some real work :)
    It looks like you got it figured out from END's suggestion but anyway ...

Yes, 8 will play 9, but not in the preliminary round. They will play in the first round.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Sorry I am having a tough time posting my bracket on bracketmasters but just a few points.  I see 6 sets of coin flips in D1.  AB have a L removed as it came v. Fontbonne in an exclusion game.  This means they finish 16-3-1 same record as Medway.  Also, I am pretty confident Hudson beat Wilmington so they finish 16.4 and have same win percentage as Lexington.

Coin Flip A - AB and Medway for 3 and 4 seed

Coin Flip B - Lexington and Hudson for 6 and 7 seed

Coin Flip C - Medford and Watertown for seed 9(bye) and seed 10

Coin Flip D - Arlington and Billerica for seed 11 and 12

Coin Flip E - Franklin and Westford seed 14 and 15

3 way Coin Flip or Pull out of Hat - Beverly, Cambridge and Shrewsbury got 16,17,18.

Should be an interesting morning.  Good luck to all with a horse in the race!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

As far as D2.  Archies is in under the following rule:

95.3.2 In leagues where a team's schedule is comprised of more than seventy percent (70%) of higher division schools, and there is no small and large breakout, all league and non-league contests played against equal and/or lower divisions may solely be considered in the fifty percent (50%) qualifying criteria. Schools may also access the 70% tournament qualifying opportunity if a league is aligned by enrollment BUT the league requires cross-scheduling to the extent that at least 70% of the school’s total required opponents are in a higher tournament division.

Not sure if NDA falls under the second part of the rule.

Gardner is 4-0 v D2 schools and plays in a primarily D1 league and schedule, not sure if they are in.

For these reasons I haven't even tried to figure out D2.

Archies has 2 exclusions in against Fontbonne who is not in their league so that should move them up a bit i think?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

Nothing better to do at 8am on Saturday morning drinking my coffee waiting for the official pairings to come out:

This self admitted obsessed hockey dad's predictions for D2.

a quick look at the potential seedings for D2

I would say that #2 seed Duxbury has the easiest road to the Garden.  

Spread does not include empty netters.

Sweet 16:
    Norwood over "whoever they get" by 2 goals
    Canton over Dedham (very slight edge) by 1
    Duxbury over Natick by 3
    Wellesley over Sandwich (?) (to tough to call actually) by 1
    Fontbonne over W-H/P
    Walpole over Stonehame (if Walpole shows up to play) by 2
    Medfield over Ursuline (although Ursuline could surprise) by 2
    MSJ over CC by 1

Elite 8
    Norwood over Canton (will be close but Norwood will win) by 2
    Fontbonne over Walpole (although Walpole could surprise if they come to play) by 2
    Duxbury over Wellesly (or Sandwich) by 3
    Medfield over MSJ by 2

Final 4
    Fontbonee over Norwood (although Norwood goalie could put Norwood over the top) by 1
    Duxbury over Medfield by 3

Final
    Duxbury over Fontbonne (or Norwood) by 2

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

I believe the pairings meeting starts at 1:00pm. Can anyone confirm?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hshockeyfan1. Show hshockeyfan1's posts

GHDad -- That's some analysis!!!  Quick question -- what about AWHS?  I thought I read on this board that the team qualifies under the Sullivan Rule?  If so, are they seeded by their overall pct, or by the D2 games win pct?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from peaceonearth. Show peaceonearth's posts

[QUOTE]As far as D2.  Archies is in under the following rule: 95.3.2 In leagues where a team's schedule is comprised of more than seventy percent (70%) of higher division schools, and there is no small and large breakout, all league and non-league contests played against equal and/or lower divisions may solely be considered in the fifty percent (50%) qualifying criteria. Schools may also access the 70% tournament qualifying opportunity if a league is aligned by enrollment BUT the league requires cross-scheduling to the extent that at least 70% of the school’s total required opponents are in a higher tournament division. Not sure if NDA falls under the second part of the rule. Gardner is 4-0 v D2 schools and plays in a primarily D1 league and schedule, not sure if they are in. For these reasons I haven't even tried to figure out D2. Archies has 2 exclusions in against Fontbonne who is not in their league so that should move them up a bit i think?
    Posted by goodtime19[/QUOTE]

Good, think you are right about archies getting in, and also Gardner.  Looks like they will qualify under same rule.  Don't think NDA gonna slide in, only 8 of their games against d1 schools. 

Seeding is at 12:30

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from peaceonearth. Show peaceonearth's posts

[QUOTE]Nothing better to do at 8am on Saturday morning drinking my coffee waiting for the official pairings to come out: This self admitted obsessed hockey dad's predictions for D2. a quick look at the potential seedings for D2 https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoBzm7PQS5BGdHhiTjYyaVppR1doaFp4OEdDS25VbWc&hl=en#gid=12 I would say that #2 seed Duxbury has the easiest road to the Garden.   Spread does not include empty netters. Sweet 16: Norwood over "whoever they get" by 2 goals Canton over Dedham (very slight edge) by 1 Duxbury over Natick by 3 Wellesley over Sandwich (?) (to tough to call actually) by 1 Fontbonne over W-H/P Walpole over Stonehame (if Walpole shows up to play) by 2 Medfield over Ursuline (although Ursuline could surprise) by 2 MSJ over CC by 1 Elite 8 Norwood over Canton (will be close but Norwood will win) by 2 Fontbonne over Walpole (although Walpole could surprise if they come to play) by 2 Duxbury over Wellesly (or Sandwich) by 3 Medfield over MSJ by 2 Final 4 Fontbonee over Norwood (although Norwood goalie could put Norwood over the top) by 1 Duxbury over Medfield by 3 Final Duxbury over Fontbonne (or Norwood) by 2
    Posted by ghockeydad[/QUOTE]

Impressive!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

hey dad....your a maniac !  this is hockey.............
                      the sport is ping pong when you "win by 2"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

the whole thing should be an NCAA style top 64 playdown.......let em all have a crack at it.........those teams at the lower end would not care about the score, they would have a blast..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

[QUOTE]hey dad....your a maniac !  this is hockey.............                   the sport is ping pong when you "win by 2"
    Posted by Paycheck4[/QUOTE]

See what happens when you drink almost a full pot of coffee before 8 :-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

thats not what happens to me when i drink a full pot of coffee.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wobky. Show wobky's posts

brackets have been updated

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Division 1
    http://miaa.statebrackets.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=2028

Division 2
    http://miaa.statebrackets.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=2031

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

go mustangs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

[QUOTE]go mustangs
    Posted by penalty[/QUOTE]

I hope you don't mean Medfaa(no doubt you are), if Hingham doesn't beat them by 5 or more, the harborwoman should look at taking up tennis or golf!
    After that win the Hingham girls will see what they are made of in game 25 and take on St Marys. Game 27 will be another doozie, Lex. vs. the Tanners.(sorry HockeyMom)

HS hockey at its best, good luck to all,

Bob

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

bob,i have seen both teams.hingham is very good,one of the best.medford is a pretty good team,granted, not as good but dont underestimate.tennis and golf it is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfan78. Show hockeyfan78's posts

[QUOTE]Nothing better to do at 8am on Saturday morning drinking my coffee waiting for the official pairings to come out: This self admitted obsessed hockey dad's predictions for D2. a quick look at the potential seedings for D2 https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoBzm7PQS5BGdHhiTjYyaVppR1doaFp4OEdDS25VbWc&hl=en#gid=12 I would say that #2 seed Duxbury has the easiest road to the Garden.   Spread does not include empty netters. Sweet 16: Norwood over "whoever they get" by 2 goals Canton over Dedham (very slight edge) by 1 Duxbury over Natick by 3 Wellesley over Sandwich (?) (to tough to call actually) by 1 Fontbonne over W-H/P Walpole over Stonehame (if Walpole shows up to play) by 2 Medfield over Ursuline (although Ursuline could surprise) by 2 MSJ over CC by 1 Elite 8 Norwood over Canton (will be close but Norwood will win) by 2 Fontbonne over Walpole (although Walpole could surprise if they come to play) by 2 Duxbury over Wellesly (or Sandwich) by 3 Medfield over MSJ by 2 Final 4 Fontbonee over Norwood (although Norwood goalie could put Norwood over the top) by 1 Duxbury over Medfield by 3 Final Duxbury over Fontbonne (or Norwood) by 2
    Posted by ghockeydad[/QUOTE]

Well thought out predictions.  However, look for a Baystate team to take D2 title.  Tough conference, Herget sent 5 out of 6 teams to tourney.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Well thought out predictions.  However, look for a Baystate team to take D2 title.  Tough conference, Herget sent 5 out of 6 teams to tourney.
    Posted by hockeyfan78[/QUOTE]

Not sure it was too well thought out.  More a coffee fueled rant :-).  That said, any of the BSH teams have enough talent.  Will one of the BSH team's put it all together and string 3 A+ games together.  I'll be fun to watch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

To any of you who may be new to the girls forum or just to remind all of you....

If you go to the MassHsHockey.com Tournament page
    http://masshshockey.com/tournament09.html

You can see all the Mass HS Hockey brackets.

But wait that's not the good part...

After you select a bracket for viewing there is a link on the top left that says: "Predict It!"

You will need to create an account but once you do you can enter your predictions all the way through to the finals.

Its pretty nice, it keeps track of everyones predictions and awards points for each round.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

:-) No need for apologies Bob, it's the most likely outcome, but this is hockey and as we all know anything can happen. If the girls all come out playing hard and fast and play like that for the full game they could keep themselves in it and anything could be possible when all is said and done.  If they get by W/M and then manage to get by Lex, my girl CD is going to stuff them, but it will have been a fun and unexpected ride getting there.  Heck, just getting in this year was a feat in and of itself that those girls should be proud of.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

[QUOTE]:-) No need for apologies Bob, it's the most likely outcome, but this is hockey and as we all know anything can happen. If the girls all come out playing hard and fast and play like that for the full game they could keep themselves in it and anything could be possible when all is said and done.  If they get by W/M and then manage to get by Lex, my girl CD is going to stuff them, but it will have been a fun and unexpected ride getting there.  Heck, just getting in this year was a feat in and of itself that those girls should be proud of.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

Good luck Hockeymom...CD is the biggest change for us this year ....funny how one player can improve a team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

Am I delirious or did the pairings change from yesterday? Originally Win/Lyn-game 19,Algon/Hud -Game 20, Lex. game- 24, A/B game- 22, Med/Ash-game23!

What happened?

Bob

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wobky. Show wobky's posts

[QUOTE]Am I delirious or did the pairings change from yesterday? Originally Win/Lyn-game 19,Algon/Hud -Game 20, Lex. game- 24, A/B game- 22, Med/Ash-game23! What happened? Bob
    Posted by suburbanbob[/QUOTE]

originally they had medway/ashland listed as 3rd seed and a/b as 7th. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

On the masshshockey.com tournament Bracket Maker leader board currently:

D1
    SMH - 13
    Woburn - 8
    Hingham - 1
    Lexington - 1

D2
    Duxbury - 13
    Norwood - 2
    Fontbonne Academy - 2
    Canton - 1
    Winchester - 1

23 D1, and 18 D2 bracket selections....lets get some more in before the first puck drops tomorrow night!

Good luck all!

Sections
Shortcuts