EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

Where did Concord/Carlisle come from, seems to be a sleeper thats in the Div. 2 semi's. Not sure if they'll come out ahead vs. Duxbury, but who knows. Same as in Div. 1 with Algonquin/Hudson which we'll see what they are made of going against A/B.

Also back in Div. 2, looks like another great game thats coming up Fontbonne vs. Norwood, heard a lot of good things about Norwood. don't know when or where yet but it looks like it will be a top seeded battle.

Cash

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]Whats the saying when we were kids, "SORE LOSERS" Ya we lost, the girls sat and cried on each others shoulders. Same as everyone else that has a close knit team, its the last game with the seniors and so its a lot of emotion in the locker room. Mean while right next door,the Winthrop/Lynn girls were yelling "B**ch** you S**k". Why do this, you won, isn't it enough or did the game actually have no meaning to you. Very classy bunch of players out there, maybe too much salt in the air, or the breeze is too strong from deer island that its rotting the brain.
    Posted by suburbanbob[/QUOTE]

Ask your girls what they were saying on the ice and you'll understand why they were going nuts after the game. My daughter was called a fat $#it all game by a player. Pretty funny once you realize that she was saying it to the goale...not a lot of fat there. They do it to get under skin. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Parents have to realize stuff like that goes on at every high school game in any sport...the stuff my daughter tells me that kids have said is pretty hilarious. They must tone it down after the game because on the ice is much worse.

Any way, your team and goalie were really good. I wish we had her size.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

"Parents are killing the sport. I saw 4 parents walking out of the rink Saturday carrying their kid's bag and stick...in HIGH SCHOOL!!! I had to clear my eyes. Parents still baby their little girl...all that does is set them up to be a baby in life."

Just to let you know, which is in my case. Since the rule is, "you need go to and from the rink on the team bus when the game is away". so for a fast get away, the girls give the parent their equipment so they can just jump off the bus and into the car instead of waiting until all the equipment is unpacked from the bus.

My daughter gets embarrassed if I carry hers even if its just her stick!

Cash

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Ask your girls what they were saying on the ice and you'll understand why they were going nuts after the game. My daughter was called a fat $#it all game by a player. Pretty funny once you realize that she was saying it to the goale...not a lot of fat there. They do it to get under skin. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Parents have to realize stuff like that goes on at every high school game in any sport...the stuff my daughter tells me that kids have said is pretty hilarious. They must tone it down after the game because on the ice is much worse. Any way, your team and goalie were really good. I wish we had her size.
    Posted by endofroad[/QUOTE]

I should have remembered that there are two sides to every story because I did hear a few things the next day, as usual the emotions carry over past that last horn. Good luck vs. Braintree not sure if they have the same problem as us, fire power! But KB is fantastic and seems that after each great save she made, it created momentum for the rest of the team, they changed for the better from the 1st to OT. I knew we were in trouble once we went to a shoot out, would have liked it going to a 4 on 4, 3 on 3!

Bob

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : I should have remembered that there are two sides to every story because I did hear a few things the next day, as usual the emotions carry over past that last horn. Good luck vs. Braintree not sure if they have the same problem as us, fire power! But KB is fantastic and seems that after each great save she made, it created momentum for the rest of the team, they changed for the better from the 1st to OT. I knew we were in trouble once we went to a shoot out, would have liked it going to a 4 on 4, 3 on 3! Bob
    Posted by suburbanbob[/QUOTE]

thanks,

i always pray for a shootout in games like that...we only had 12-15 shots on net. In a shootout we're guranteed 5 shots.

a 3-3 would have been tough on us for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Actually endofroad, Woburn is in a 9 team (for Hockey) league this year.  With home and away with each that is 16 games. 4 out of conferance games were scheduled against top level competition.  (SMH, Arlington, Acton-Box and Lincoln-Sudbury). 

Next year with the addition of Arlington and Wilmington to the Middlesex, not sure what happens with other games.  They are talking about two subsets of conferences with H/A with your half and one vs the other side. 

But agree that it is hard for up and comers to get games against the established powers since they often have very few slots open, and want to keep their games with the other top tier programs in the state.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

[QUOTE]Actually endoftheroad, Woburn is in a 9 team (for Hockey) league this year.  With home and away with each that is 16 games. 4 out of conferance games were scheduled against top level competition.  (SMH, Arlington, Acton-Box and Lincoln-Sudbury).  Next year with the addition of Arlington and Wilmington to the Middlesex, not sure what happens with other games.  They are talking about two subsets of conferences with H/A with your half and one vs the other side.  But agree that it is hard for up and comers to get games against the established powers since they often have very few slots open, and want to keep their games with the other top tier programs in the state.
    Posted by PetefromNorthofBoston[/QUOTE]

Just a guess - but if you look at if Middlesex split by how the teams are divided by divisions you would get:

D1 - Arlington, Lexington, Reading, Wakefield, Watertown/Melrose, Woburn
    D2 - Belmont, Burlington, Stoneham, Wilmington, Winchester

This would give the D1 Teams 10 Games vs. D1 teams and 5 Games vs D2 teams. You could see a 16th game if the Burlington/Lexington, Woburn/Winchester .. natural rivalries play a second game.

The D2 teams would get 8 games vs. D2 and 6 vs. D1 for 14 or 15 if they add the natural rival for a second game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PassMeThePuck. Show PassMeThePuck's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Just a guess - but if you look at if Middlesex split by how the teams are divided by divisions you would get: D1 - Arlington, Lexington, Reading, Wakefield, Watertown/Melrose, Woburn D2 - Belmont, Burlington, Stoneham, Wilmington, Winchester This would give the D1 Teams 10 Games vs. D1 teams and 5 Games vs D2 teams. You could see a 16th game if the Burlington/Lexington, Woburn/Winchester .. natural rivalries play a second game. The D2 teams would get 8 games vs. D2 and 6 vs. D1 for 14 or 15 if they add the natural rival for a second game.
    Posted by shoot2score[/QUOTE]

Way too logical. MIAA will use a coin flip to determine which teams fall into which bracket.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

End:  the board was dead and needed to be revived; you already know why I'm out here.  Mission accomplished.  Can feel that passion.

btw....have no old video............only DVD's Laughing  but 2 tech challenged to do much with them Laughing  so I think everyone should feel safe Laughing

..........and Stoneham has an AWESOME snack bar !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

Just to let you know, which is in my case. Since the rule is, "you need go to and from the rink on the team bus when the game is away". so for a fast get away,

Cash: 
    this generally is a team by team rule and can be circumvented with a note from the parent; although have seen kids that live in a town where a game is played, get bussed back to the school at 10PM, then turn around and drive 20-25 minutes back home........not much common sence going on, but; coaches want players on the bus to bond, in victory and defeat...make sence, unless your the one that has to drive back and pick them up.....Frown

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]End:  the board was dead and needed to be revived; you already know why I'm out here.  Mission accomplished.  Can feel that passion. btw....have no old video............only DVD's   but 2 tech challenged to do much with them   so I think everyone should feel safe ..........and Stoneham has an AWESOME snack bar !!!!
    Posted by Paycheck4[/QUOTE]

all you've accomplished is to take the focus away from a great team and put it on yourself.  pretty pathetic. who are you accountable to? the 2 pocket pooches?

you didn't answer the feather question.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Larry - your team and coaches understood the rules before the season started -seedings are strictly by winning percentage. You need to win all the games win it. If you had won one of the games you lost to D2 teams you would have been on the other side of the bracket where you want to be. No one cares who the second best team was last year - you think the Atlanta Falcons are claiming they just got a bad draw having to play the Packers in their first game - NO. There is the winner and everyone else - Where does Hingham keep the "We think we were the second best team but lost in the semi-finals banner and trophy?" By the way - you guys are the most popular team in Mass Girls Hockey on Thursday. Everyone wants to be the one to knock off the kingpin, but no one will care if they win the whole thing without having to beat them because Higham, Wintrop/Lynn or Braintree does it first. 
    Posted by shoot2score[/QUOTE]

and when Princeton BBall beats Kentucky in March..nobody will complain then...it's tough to be at the top...everyone coming after you.

let the kids play...they may surprise you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

Physical play is a gameplan   end; checking and physcial play is illegal and against the rules in girls hockey and CANNOT be part of the game plan.  Its against the rules; plain and simple.

*** maybe ghockey can dig it up........someone posted (I think last year) a video teaching link for referees and physical play in girls hockey. It is a very clear video of what is allowed and what is not.  Coaches and referees should see this video, because physical play and checking are against the rules.

Many, if not 90% of referees will start a physical game calling every infraction.  After 6-8 calls, you can see them questioning themselves and trying to figure out if they are overdoing it.  The game then progresses into a boys game, simply because there is so much, and some teams have trained to play this way, and referees (almost all of them) get lost in the translation due to the maginitude of junk going on; every shift.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

.....maybe a root beer summit would do the trick

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]Physical play is a gameplan   end; checking and physcial play is illegal and against the rules in girls hockey and CANNOT be part of the game plan.  Its against the rules; plain and simple. *** maybe ghockey can dig it up........someone posted (I think last year) a video teaching link for referees and physical play in girls hockey. It is a very clear video of what is allowed and what is not.  Coaches and referees should see this video, because physical play and checking are against the rules. Many, if not 90% of referees will start a physical game calling every infraction.  After 6-8 calls, you can see them questioning themselves and trying to figure out if they are overdoing it.  The game then progresses into a boys game, simply because there is so much, and some teams have trained to play this way, and referees (almost all of them) get lost in the translation due to the maginitude of junk going on; every shift.....

this points out the difference between you and me. Physical play is a game plan. I'm not talking about a player going around slashing and checking...I'm talking about leaning on a player, moving them out from in front of the net. Your team plays that way. I've seen it first hand.

Like carrying the bag after a game...if a kid can't take a leaning or a bump off the crease there's a good chance daddy carries the bag to the car or bus .

Why the different color gloves?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

End:  I'm with you 100% on this part:
     Physical play is a game plan. I'm talking about leaning on a player, moving them out from in front of the net. Your team plays that way. I've seen it first hand.

But: many of the teams playing like this and appear to be instructed to do this:
    I'm not talking about a player going around slashing and checking...
    and not "leaning on a player"......... 

and reason this happens is because the smucky teams are not fast enough or skilled enough to compete with the upper teams....this is thier justification......can't come up with justification for a high school kid to give the finger 2X to a group of parents in front on the coach and ref, then still line up and play....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]End:  I'm with you 100% on this part:  Physical play is a game plan. I'm talking about leaning on a player, moving them out from in front of the net. Your team plays that way. I've seen it first hand. But: many of the teams playing like this and appear to be instructed to do this: I'm not talking about a player going around slashing and checking... and not "leaning on a player".........  and reason this happens is because the smucky teams are not fast enough or skilled enough to compete with the upper teams....this is thier justification......can't come up with justification for a high school kid to give the finger 2X to a group of parents in front on the coach and ref, then still line up and play....

that is pretty bad...that's a parent thing though. to be that angry (I should talk) our team last year had some pretty good hackers. it made for a horrible season with a ton of ties because of all the shorthanded situations.

do these kids know that if they get thrown out of 2 games they lose eligibilty for ALL sports for 1 year from that date?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

[QUOTE]End:  the board was dead and needed to be revived; you already know why I'm out here.  Mission accomplished.  Can feel that passion. btw....have no old video............only DVD's   but 2 tech challenged to do much with them   so I think everyone should feel safe ..........and Stoneham has an AWESOME snack bar !!!!
    Hey Paycheck,
    I'm with you. This board was dead. I knew if I threw out a couple of complaints about the seedings I could draw a few of the boys out. Worked great..LOL
    Remember the old days on this board with all those other maniacs on here.. Those were the days my friend... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

AB was the best !!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Hey Paycheck, I'm with you. This board was dead. I knew if I threw out a couple of complaints about the seedings I could draw a few of the boys out. Worked great..LOL Remember the old days on this board with all those other maniacs on here.. Those were the days my friend... 
    Posted by LARRY1990[/QUOTE]

What a couple of DB's, go back under your rock.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

aw, c'mon Cash...........chill

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

[QUOTE]Where did Concord/Carlisle come from, seems to be a sleeper thats in the Div. 2 semi's. Not sure if they'll come out ahead vs. Duxbury, but who knows. Same as in Div. 1 with Algonquin/Hudson which we'll see what they are made of going against A/B. Also back in Div. 2, looks like another great game thats coming up Fontbonne vs. Norwood, heard a lot of good things about Norwood. don't know when or where yet but it looks like it will be a top seeded battle. Cash
    Posted by wtcash[/QUOTE]

WTCash - If you missed the Fontbonne v Walpole game then this could be de ja vu all over again for Fontbonne.

Norwood Fontbonne should be a thriller.  We played against both of them and my assessment is that if both teams bring their 'A' game the edge goes to Fontbonne.  One of Fontbonne's top D got a major check from behind against Walpole.  I've heard (can anyone confirm?) that this girl is out of the Norwood game as well.  That would even things up a bit.  This game is just too close to call.  

Concord/Carlisle - luck of the seeding.  IMO That half of the Bracket had only Wellesly and Canton who could possibly skate with Duxbury.  Canton took care of Wellesly and Duxbury buried Canton.  Duxbury will bury CC.  

My pick all along has been Duxbury over either Fontbonne or Norwood and I'm sticking with it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

[QUOTE]AB was the best !!!!
    yeah ab was one of the greatest. i loved his braggin and every1 would go wild. all those old lunies starting up so much trouble that we'd run out of pages and have to start another blog. now all we get is that game was wonderful and your kid was wonderful..blah blah blah.. thank god for u paycheck for trying to keep this fading blog alive... u can do it ....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PassMeThePuck. Show PassMeThePuck's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : What a couple of DB's, go back under your rock.
    Posted by wtcash[/QUOTE]

That's it DH. Now you've got the right atitude

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : What a couple of DB's, go back under your rock.
    Posted by wtcash[/QUOTE]

Us old DB have seen all the girls play and understand what a program needs to become successful. 

484 posts, us old folks have been around on this page and other blogs before this one. How's your bracket doing??

Sections
Shortcuts