EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedixiepucks. Show thedixiepucks's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

congrats to hingham. that coach and those girls have been working so hard for the past few years for this moment.  I guess we all wanted to be the one to do it though!
    congrats to st marys too. the streak they had has made
     it so much for fun for the rest of us, the spartans had quite a ride!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Congratulations and good luck to Hingham, they played a great game (all three times)!!
    Posted by ghockeyfan

See what I was saying? all the talk about seedings means nothing if you win the games your supposed to...which good teams will do.

the Winthrop game was crazy...i can only imagine how nuts the Hingham game was...notice "Hingham game" they erned that respect.

good luck Sunday...not too uch though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Congrats Hingham! Still rooting for Woburn the rest of the way though :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

The St. Mary's contingent on the campus of USM is in mourning I have heard.

Seriously.

Congrats to the Hingham girls, you girls have had many shots at the king of the hill and finally beat them.

Congrats to all of the St. Mary's girls who played on those record setting teams. I have become friends with some of them and their parents throughout this past college hockey season. During "The Streak" I have read many posts from many different people call them and their fans cocky, rude and many other things. In my book they had a right to all of it! They won 101 games in a row!! After watching the state of girls HS hockey this season, there is no doubt in my mind that the St. Mary's record will NEVER be broken or even approached. Congrats girls and Coach Frank, well done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bb257. Show bb257's posts

Physical play is a gameplan   end; checking and physcial play is illegal and against the rules in girls hockey and CANNOT be part of the game plan.  Its against the rules; plain and simple. *** maybe ghockey can dig it up........someone posted (I think last year) a video teaching link for referees and physical play in girls hockey. It is a very clear video of what is allowed and what is not.  Coaches and referees should see this video, because physical play and checking are against the rules. Many, if not 90% of referees will start a physical game calling every infraction.  After 6-8 calls, you can see them questioning themselves and trying to figure out if they are overdoing it.  The game then progresses into a boys game, simply because there is so much, and some teams have trained to play this way, and referees (almost all of them) get lost in the translation due to the maginitude of junk going on; every shift.....
    Posted by Paycheck4

Physical Play is NOT illegal...........  incidental contact?  You should watch a Div 1 women's game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

end,  you say "see what i was saying".  no i dont see what you were saying.   what were you saying?.everyone knows "good teams win the games they are supposed to".is that what you were saying?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

also end,what does "not too uch mean?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

end,  you say "see what i was saying".  no i dont see what you were saying.   what were you saying?.everyone knows "good teams win the games they are supposed to".is that what you were saying?
    Posted by penalty

PEOPLE WERE CRYING ABOUT HINGHAM'S SEED...THAT THEY WERE TOO LOW AND ON THE SAME SIDE WITH ST MARYS. IT DEOSN'T MATTER WHERE YOU ARE YOU HAVE TO WIN THE GAMES. THEY WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT TEAMS THAT HAVE BETTER RECORDS BUT PLAY A WEEKER SCHEDULE. THE STATE TITLE GOES THROUGH ST MARYS OR WOBURN. IT DOESN'T MATTER WERE YOU ARE SEEDED.

MUCH SORRY...MUCH...SORRY...SORRY.SORRY

I ALWAYS WONDERED HOW IT WOULD BE TO LIVE LIFE PERFECTLY...CAN YOU TELL ME?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

honestly end,its not bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : PEOPLE WERE CRYING ABOUT HINGHAM'S SEED...THAT THEY WERE TOO LOW AND ON THE SAME SIDE WITH ST MARYS. IT DEOSN'T MATTER WHERE YOU ARE YOU HAVE TO WIN THE GAMES. THEY WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT TEAMS THAT HAVE BETTER RECORDS BUT PLAY A WEEKER SCHEDULE. THE STATE TITLE GOES THROUGH ST MARYS OR WOBURN. IT DOESN'T MATTER WERE YOU ARE SEEDED. MUCH SORRY...MUCH...SORRY...SORRY.SORRY I ALWAYS WONDERED HOW IT WOULD BE TO LIVE LIFE PERFECTLY...CAN YOU TELL ME?
    Posted by endofroad
    every year people look at the seedings to see if they came out with a good draw or for the most part hoping they didnt get on the same side as the saints. Larry was correct that hingham landed on the wrong side of the draw last year and had to play them early. that semifinal game was great and would have been a much better final than the slaughter of woburn last year. they should at least seed the top 4 teams in my opinion but for now its a crapshoot and some teams will get big breaks in the seeding and some wont. the fact is the past 2 years hingham has drawn a bad seeding. if you want to call it complaining thats up to you but to me its just an observation and the truth. anybody from woburn not saying they were happy with the seeding especially last season would in my opinion not be telling the truth. goodby paycheck good luck in your retirement from forum. you r next to go in this boards hall of fame with the famous icing,magellan and even my old arch enemy in ab. long live u old timers..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : every year people look at the seedings to see if they came out with a good draw or for the most part hoping they didnt get on the same side as the saints. Larry was correct that hingham landed on the wrong side of the draw last year and had to play them early. that semifinal game was great and would have been a much better final than the slaughter of woburn last year. they should at least seed the top 4 teams in my opinion but for now its a crapshoot and some teams will get big breaks in the seeding and some wont. the fact is the past 2 years hingham has drawn a bad seeding. if you want to call it complaining thats up to you but to me its just an observation and the truth. anybody from woburn not saying they were happy with the seeding especially last season would in my opinion not be telling the truth. goodby paycheck good luck in your retirement from forum. you r next to go in this boards hall of fame with the famous icing,magellan and even my old arch enemy in ab. long live u old timers..
    Posted by Downtown11

I take exception to that "old timer" slam. I knew I could count on downtown.

Good luck to all four teams Sunday afternoon. I'll be there, will you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : its a shame hingham will have to play the saints so early in the tourney. last year they were the 2nd best team and got stuck on the same side as the saints leading to such a poor final game with woburn. at least this year woburn looks like the 2nd best team and we should get a decent final game. can hingham do woburn a favor and be the 1st to upset the saints. it happened once before ages ago when austin pulled off the great upset of saints and ac came in the back door to be champs. stay tuned.....
    Posted by Downtown11

Hope your not right with this prediction..It's going to be hard to ever top a night like the one against SMH but hopefully Hingham can refocus and can go on to be champs. I don't want to be put in that oldtimers HOF just yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Would be awesome and good luck to you too on a great season
    Posted by Rundstone56

RUNDSTONE56, 

It is time for both teams to take care of business!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Let's go Woburn, get it done ladies!!!!! Good luck today!!!!

And also good luck to all the club teams who are still playing today, for those in the 12, 14 and 16 brackets in the semi's you're all one win away from Nationals, let's get Mass. represented!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

Well - My D2 predictions are turning out to be pretty spot on although I was not sure it would be as dramatic as it turned out to be.  I am going to change my pick for the championship though. 

Concord Carlise is a surprise semi-finalist but Duxbury should continue its cakewalk straight to the garden

Congratulations to Fontbonne.  The Ducks are certainly battle tested.  2 thrilling, identical 3-2 OT victories in both the quarter and semi finals.  The Ducks didn't fold when Walpole stormed back from a 2-0 deficit to tie late in the 3rd.  TS stepped up and delivered in OT for the win.  Then the Ducks showed the heart of a champion roaring back in the Semi vs Norwood.  They found themselves down 2-0 but fought back to tie in regulation then carry the day in OT again 3-2.  I won't bet against them in the final.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbySchmatz. Show BobbySchmatz's posts

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/03/13/the_win_wasnt_the_story/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Very nice, but why was it not on the sports pages too.  An example of competing hard, but keeping perspective on things that matter more in the end, including things like sportsmanship and civility.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbySchmatz. Show BobbySchmatz's posts

AB BEAT WOBURN!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

congrats to a.b.  class act from coach on down.  good luck in the finals.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

+also congrats to another class outfit, hingham.good luck to both of you

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

+also congrats to another class outfit, hingham.good luck to both of you
    Posted by penalty

Hingham was great. They play every bit as well as SMH.
    Game was over in OT. everyone behind the net knows it...saw it...except for the goal judge. the ref blew the whistle and called it a goal. the goal judge waived it off. the goal judge then states that he was blocked by a player. if you call that "the hockey Gods" I guess you're right.

tough way to end 5 seniors high school career...we can only hope that the MIAA does something so this doesn't happen to another team in the future.

Maybe add a ref along with the two linesman for both the semis and final.

Before all of you start with "sour grapes" Hingham was clearly the better team and absolutely deserve to move on.  It's time the "other teams" (besides SMH, AB, Woburn, Fontbonne, Duxbury ect...) get some respect. they were outplayed in all three games and still managed to win all of them...too bad the ref didn't have the ----- to get it right.

Good luck at the Garden Hingham, you are a great team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Hingham was great. They play every bit as well as SMH. Game was over in OT. everyone behind the net knows it...saw it...except for the goal judge. the ref blew the whistle and called it a goal. the goal judge waived it off. the goal judge then states that he was blocked by a player. if you call that "the hockey Gods" I guess you're right. tough way to end 5 seniors high school career...we can only hope that the MIAA does something so this doesn't happen to another team in the future. Maybe add a ref along with the two linesman for both the semis and final. Before all of you start with "sour grapes" Hingham was clearly the better team and absolutely deserve to move on.  It's time the "other teams" (besides SMH, AB, Woburn, Fontbonne, Duxbury ect...) get some respect. they were outplayed in all three games and still managed to win all of them...too bad the ref didn't have the ----- to get it right. Good luck at the Garden Hingham, you are a great team.
    Posted by endofroad

well end you really need to take a lesson from paycheck and ghockeyfan. they lost sucked it up said great job to all and moved on. its the end of the road man and the far superior team won. it would have been a shame after that dominance if hingham had lost just due to a great goalie.. and if u think the miaa is going to add another ref for a girls game u gotta be crazy...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : well end you really need to take a lesson from paycheck and ghockeyfan. they lost sucked it up said great job to all and moved on. its the end of the road man and the far superior team won. it would have been a shame after that dominance if hingham had lost just due to a great goalie.. and if u think the miaa is going to add another ref for a girls game u gotta be crazy...
    Posted by Downtown11

I agree with you. Really., I'm over it because the better team did win. it is a lot easier when the better team wins.

If you know me at all you would think I would have lost my mind last night but it was kind of wierd...again because the better team won.

it is sucked up and I look forward to the game Sunday.

it was a great run for a team that over achieved all year long.

it was just as much fun mixing it up with the people on this blog. 

to quote a famous Republican "You won't have Endofroad to kick around anymore"

good luck to all the girls. AB and Hingham

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

end,you will be missed.i consider you the captain of this blog.i think you deserve a promotion for complaining about the goal judge.in the navy, a captain gets promoted to rear admiral.i would like to promote you to REAR END.congrats. it is well deserved. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Katprowl17. Show Katprowl17's posts

AB BEAT WOBURN!!!
    Posted by BobbySchmatz

Not sure if you remember but Woburn played AB at the end of the season and beat them 8-2....when we saw that AB had beat Algonquin 8-2 just before playing Woburn in this semi-final round.  I made a comment to daughter and said that I think that AB did not give Woburn anything to study on them before the tournament...think of it....if they played to beat Woburn it would not have moved them anywhere in the standings...they would still stay the #3 seed, and I do believe these coaches are well aware of where they are with the top teams.  So they didn't show them anything in that match and if anything gave Woburn a false hope of dominence to look past them....or maybe they just had a bad night against Woburn in that game but either way it paid off for them....as they shutdown that Woburn offense that has so many weapons and won the big game!!!  Good luck to both AB & Hingham in the finals!!!

Sections
Shortcuts