EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

Looks like Woburn got their game in this afternoon with a win against Belmont so both SMH and Woburn are on a roll heading into the match this weekend. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Woburn 6 Belmont 2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Matty+Ice. Show Matty+Ice's posts

Natick 3 Walpole 0.
    Natick totally outplayed Walpole for 1st and 2nd period.  Natick goalie very good.
    Walpole played better in 3rd, but could not score.  1st line for Walpole is just not good enough to get it done.  Their top left wing is very good though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    SMH 5 Winthrop/Lynn 0
    Posted by ghockeyfan

all I can say is WOW. great team. skate like the wind. back to the drawing board.
    good luck Woburn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : all I can say is WOW. great team. skate like the wind. back to the drawing board. good luck Woburn.
    Posted by endofroad

I am new to this page, as my yougest daughter(9) has decided to play hockey and now attends the Winthrop/Lynn/Revere games religiously. How is it that this team is not ranked in the top 20? They have beaten at least 2 of the teams that are ranked in there. 
    Posted by cford19

Welcome to our nightmare cford19, plus its gotta be a shock to play one of the top team when W/R/L has played many/all lower level teams. I don't know why W/R/L are still #3, with such a weak schedule, RPI calculator must need batteries!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : I am new to this page, as my yougest daughter(9) has decided to play hockey and now attends the Winthrop/Lynn/Revere games religiously. How is it that this team is not ranked in the top 20? They have beaten at least 2 of the teams that are ranked in there.  Posted by cford19 Welcome to our nightmare cford19, plus its gotta be a shock to play one of the top team when W/R/L has played many/all lower level teams. I don't know why W/R/L are still #3, with such a weak schedule, RPI calculator must need batteries!
    Posted by suburbanbob

i assume you're from arlington...or arlington catholic. it all shakes out in the end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : i assume you're from arlington...or arlington catholic. it all shakes out in the end.
    Posted by endofroad

I'm sure it will pan out soon enough. Do the "rankings" actually have anything to do with who makes the tournament,or does that strictly go by wins(1/2 or more wins). Do teams make it on their conference record, not their overall record?

SB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoalieMom93. Show GoalieMom93's posts

make tournament with .500 of all games

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

make tournament with .500 of all games
    Posted by GoalieMom93

there are other ways but that is the simplest.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : I'm sure it will pan out soon enough. Do the "rankings" actually have anything to do with who makes the tournament,or does that strictly go by wins(1/2 or more wins). Do teams make it on their conference record, not their overall record? SB
    Posted by suburbanbob

seedings are done by winning percentage if I remember correctly

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Here you go from the MIAA....

94.3 Qualification: For all team tournaments utilizing winning percentage

94.3.1 A team must have a minimum winning percentage of fifty (50%) of

games played with any and all MIAA member schools and out of

state schools that are members in good standing of their own state

high school association.

94.3.2 In leagues where a team's schedule is comprised of more than

seventy percent (70%) of higher division schools, and there is no

small and large breakout, all league and non-league contests

played against equal and/or lower divisions may solely be

considered in the fifty percent (50%) qualifying criteria.

94.3.3 All league champions, regardless of winning percentage. This

includes co-championships.

94.3.4 Runner-up or multi-runners-up in leagues of five or more teams,

provided the league has a single champion. In the case of multichampions,

no runner-up will automatically qualify.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cager. Show cager's posts

The one thing left out, was the Exclusion games.

There is a list of Exclusion Schools.  When a team plays those schools, they can choose, before the start of the season, to count, or not count the result of those games individually.

Teams have both made, and not made the tournament based on these choices.  Teams, and the games are both posted on the MIAA web site.

BTW, 94.3.2 is also known as the "Sulllivan Rule".  This year, the first team to qualify for the State Tournament was the Dedham HS Boys team.  Meeting the criteria during their Christmas Tournament.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Fontbonne 2 NDA 2 is that score correct??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hcky2. Show hcky2's posts

The NDA-Fontbonne score is correct 2-2 tie. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Woburn 1 SMH 1

Let's see who wins the game this year in the tournament!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

SMH vs Woburn 1-1 tie, Great game. Both team mirror image of each other, could these two teams play in the garden for the title for the third time in a row? Maybe

Hingam may be the other team that could knock one of these team out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbySchmatz. Show BobbySchmatz's posts

SMH vs Woburn 1-1 tie, Great game. Both team mirror image of each other, could these two teams play in the garden for the title for the third time in a row? Maybe Hingam may be the other team that could knock one of these team out.
    Posted by magellann

Yeah, you may have mentioned that before

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wobky. Show wobky's posts

SMH vs Woburn 1-1 tie, Great game. Both team mirror image of each other, could these two teams play in the garden for the title for the third time in a row? Maybe Hingam may be the other team that could knock one of these team out.
    Posted by magellann

And wasn't it said that the publics can't compete?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

Woburn 1 SMH 1 Let's see who wins the game this year in the tournament!
    Posted by Sportsdad23
    are you predicting another victory by woburn this year over smh in tourney? how many years in a row does this make? you gotta get it right some time i guess....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

Will someone please post summary of Norwood 2  Framingham 1.  I would have expected a wider margin of victory.  Did Framingham play great? Did the Framingham goalie stand on her head or did Norwood slip up?  thanks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : are you predicting another victory by woburn this year over smh in tourney? how many years in a row does this make? you gotta get it right some time i guess....
    Posted by Downtown11

I am predicting another victory by Hingham again too. Maybe I'll get it right finally and beat Sportsdad to the great victory... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckenpeter. Show puckenpeter's posts

Saw the Hingham v Arlington Catholic game and cannot for the life figure what is wrong with Arlington Catholic. No flow at all on the ice for a team that was a premier team only a few years ago.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

At the High School all it takes is a couple of dominant players to elevate the play of entire teams in most sports.  With turnover every few years it is not that hard to see how a team can slip from the top to the middle, the difference between those is not that great. So a team like AC can slip a bit.  As long as the feeder streams of new players is healthy, then more than likely the team will return to form in time.

As for seeing, Wob vs SMH in the finals again, that should be a good match this time, unlike last year, where Woburn shot thru the tournement from the 22 seed slot. (although they were perhaps the strongest 22 seed ever....)  Looking for a game more like the one a few years ago when both squads were on top of their games and the Garden match was a tight 1-0 affair that year with SMH coming out on top.  The 1-1 match the other night portends well for that type of game.   Something both teams have going for them, is experience on that level of play and playing in that kind of arena. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Larry, Pete,

as Icing has pointed out it is a different season, and on any given night if a team steps up they have a chance....maybe Endofroad will have her net minder winning in the garden before she moves on….

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from peaceonearth. Show peaceonearth's posts

Will someone please post summary of Norwood 2  Framingham 1.  I would have expected a wider margin of victory.  Did Framingham play great? Did the Framingham goalie stand on her head or did Norwood slip up?  thanks.
    Posted by ghockeydad

This is what the Globe had to say:

Norwood 2, Framingham 1

Saturday, Jan. 29, 2011, at Framingham

Lisa Coskren and Ali Maloof scored in the third period to lead the Mustangs.

Sections
Shortcuts