EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

It's never too early! :-) Welcome back everyone, hope you all had great summers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Hey gang, Im still around....I know some of your are thrilled about that! I'll be in and out all season long as I will still be following the AB program. Be doing lots of travelling to games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

Good luck to all.Keep  your heads high and your expectations realistic.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Awww Penalty, but that takes all the fun away from the pre-season stuff. heh heh j/k :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]Hey gang, Im still around....I know some of your are thrilled about that! I'll be in and out all season long as I will still be following the AB program. Be doing lots of travelling to games.
    Posted by abgirlsfan[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you will be back. I'm hoping icing and magellan will pop in from time to time too. So how does AB look this year. Think they'll make it to the final four again?

It's also good to see some other familiar posters are back too.

How about a pre-season question/topic....

Why is it that the Girls Hockey Forum is by far the most active amateur sports  forum on this service? Are the people just that much more passionate about their sport? Or is it something else.....

What do you think .....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

I think you are right about the passion. As with any other HS sport there is always a lot of passion involved, but those of us who are fans of girls hockey are a special breed. We are basically considered second class citizens in the hockey world.  It's all about the Super 8. We as parents have put in the same time as any boys parent, sometimes more. Those of us who's kids have played on elite club teams and national bound teams know all about the expense, travel and politics it takes to get your kid on a good team.

As for AB this year, they should be ok again this year as long as the goaltending holds up. Next year will be a different story I think. Losing as least 7 kids after this year. Keep your eye on #6, very good player, currently playing on Assabet U16 National team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]I think you are right about the passion. As with any other HS sport there is always a lot of passion involved, but those of us who are fans of girls hockey are a special breed. We are basically considered second class citizens in the hockey world.  It's all about the Super 8. We as parents have put in the same time as any boys parent, sometimes more. Those of us who's kids have played on elite club teams and national bound teams know all about the expense, travel and politics it takes to get your kid on a good team. As for AB this year, they should be ok again this year as long as the goaltending holds up. Next year will be a different story I think. Losing as least 7 kids after this year. Keep your eye on #6, very good player, currently playing on Assabet U16 National team.
    Posted by abgirlsfan[/QUOTE]

I agree that we are regarded as "second class citizens", not only by hockey fans but to some extent by the MIAA. Although I must say in recent years they are coming around.

I can say that just about everyone I have invited to attend a girls hockey game that came and watched has walked away with a new appreciation for girls hockey. Many of them commented that they had no idea how great the games can be and wanted to and have attended more games.

I agree about ABs #6, she is a fantastic player, I am glad that Assabet has finally recognized that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

It's not to early....tryouts are only two months away!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Schedules starting to come out. Looks like we have about half of our games scheduled.   Nice to see they are at least adding in some out of conference tough games (A/B) instead of the fluff games they had last season. 

Saturday 12/11 6:15PM @ Acton-Boxborough Event Info    
    Wednesday 12/15 6:15PM @ Wellesley High School Event Info    
    Wednesday 12/22 TBA vs. Natick High School Event Info    
    Wednesday 1/5 TBA vs. Needham High School Event Info    
    Wednesday 1/5 TBA @ Dedham High School Event Info    
    Wednesday 1/12 TBA vs. Braintree High School Event Info    
    Saturday 1/15 TBA vs. Newton North High School Event Info    
    Tuesday 1/18 5:00PM @ Brookline High School Event Info    
    Saturday 1/22 TBA @ Milton High School Event Info    
    Saturday 1/29 TBA vs. Norwood High School Event Info    
    Wednesday 2/2 TBA vs. Walpole High School Event Info    
    Wednesday 2/9 TBA @ Braintree High School Event Info    
    Saturday 2/12 TBA vs. Newton North High School Event Info    

Quantcast

Quantcast

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

I was informed Milton and Weymouth were appiling for waivers which would allow them to use 8th graders on their teams this season.  Has anyone heard anything about this?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Hingham should have no problem with either Bay View or Hamden, the Framingham girls beat Hamden and had a 1 goal game with Bay View last year at the Mt. St. Charles Tournament.  I think Hingham is way deeper than Framingham is so they should handle both of those opponents easily enough. It's wild the difference in level of hockey from one state to the next, what is "state champion" material in one state can be a team that barely qualifies for the tournament in another.

Heard from a h.s. coach the other day that the MIAA is voting in June to allow 7th and 8th graders to be eligible to tryout for varsity sports whether the middle schools are under the same principal or not.  Could be good news for a lot of these girls teams if this passes. Far too many have no depth because of the limitation to 9th-12th graders, while playing against schools that have access to 6th-12th graders.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

According to the person who I was talking to, if they pass it as it was proposed, it would only apply to 7th and 8th graders.  6th graders would remain ineligible, mostly for safety reasons was my understanding. Either way, it will be a help and will provide much needed depth that is currently missing for a good majority of teams. Imgaine girls teams with full rosters of 20 plus actual JV teams that aren't just "learn to play" level? Bestill my heart.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rundstone56. Show Rundstone56's posts

Hingham will rule they lost only two starting seniors.

They were the second best team last year and this year will be number 1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

[QUOTE]Hingham will rule they lost only two starting seniors.   They were the second best team last year and this year will be number 1
    Posted by Rundstone56[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

[QUOTE]Hingham will rule they lost only two starting seniors.   They were the second best team last year and this year will be number 1

Poundstone,I thought Woburn was the second best team last year?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

you can't lump all 6th graders together stating that they are a safety risk. you have no idea how some of them can play. i saw a 6th grader make it to a shootout vs Woburn. Ask Woburn coach if she was a safety risk.

each player should be evaluated and interviewed by the MIAA before they are allowed to play. if that were the case Bobby Orr wouldn;t have been seen as a 12 year old on a junior team in Canada in 1966,

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rundstone56. Show Rundstone56's posts

Maybe because St Marys beat us 4-3 and you lost 7-2 and we had a better record playing head to head teams and tougher schedule

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe because St Marys beat us 4-3 and you lost 7-2 and we had a better record playing head to head teams and tougher schedule

Woburn lost one starting senior...have a good season and maybe we will have a re-match of 2009, but this time in the Garden for the title, and not the Tsongas in the semis.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Woburn lost one starting senior...have a good season and maybe we will have a re-match of 2009, but this time in the Garden for the title, and not the Tsongas in the semis.
    Posted by Sportsdad23[/QUOTE]

PREDICTION

ST MARY'S
    HINGHAM
    ARLINGTON CATHOLIC
    WOBURN

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rundstone56. Show Rundstone56's posts

Would be awesome and good luck to you too on a great season

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Woburn has a freshman goalie coming in that is easily, if not the top 1995 female goalie, in the top 3.  Every team they play is going to have a tough time putting pucks behind her.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Her sister is a defenseman, never played net.  Every goalie is beatable.  It's all a matter of how tough it is to beat them, and it's tough to beat her.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : i know she was defense...she was top 3 defense. daughter lost to her team...best player on her team by far.
    Posted by endofroad[/QUOTE]

The center with the game winner is pretty good too......plays with KD at SM.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Can't wait to see them play this year and see them after a year of college play under their belts.  Should be fun to watch.  KD had an absolutely incredible freshman season on the diamond too, broke all kinds of school records. She is amazing, love that kid, so happy for her.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

[QUOTE]Can't wait to see them play this year and see them after a year of college play under their belts.  Should be fun to watch.  KD had an absolutely incredible freshman season on the diamond too, broke all kinds of school records. She is amazing, love that kid, so happy for her.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

I hoped to watch a Woburn Alumni match with SM vs. the Beacons (2 Woburn players there), but it doesn't look like Boston is on the SM travel schedule.

Sections
Shortcuts