EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherhockeydad. Show anotherhockeydad's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Not Dad and your a Jackwagon
    Posted by BobbySchmatz[/QUOTE]

HUH?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scooter8. Show Scooter8's posts

Re: Elite Teams?

GHhockeyfan:

Hmmmm....GH stand for "Go Hingham"..?  Sounds like a friend.  Anyways, I would say inconsistent is not really the right word - but not playing (get ready for cliche phrase) "up to their potential"...and they have still won all but 1....If they play together truly as a TEAM and up to that potential I am refrrring to...this should be the year.

In D1, I am going to say Hingham will peak at the right time and beat SM in the state final....2 of the best coaches in the SShore in Hingham for the Girls team...  :)

In Response to Re: Elite Teams?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Elite Teams? : No argument from me that Duxbury is a great team, I would pick them over Fontbonne to take the D2 title, but from the sound of your post they seem a bit inconsistent, you named three games where they "did not play their best game", that's every third game. They were outplaying St. Mary's for the first half of the game, but they seemed to run out of gas in the third period and it cost them. Unfortunately, no rematch this year, it would be a terrific game to watch. Come tournament time they had better bring their best game because if not, its one and done. I wish them good luck. Go Dragons!
    Posted by ghockeyfan[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Well, we're almost at .500.  Busy 3 days ahead for the girls coming up, Friday @ Brookline, (oh the joy, BU men playing at same time, parking is going to be tons o' fun) Saturday @ Milton, Sunday @ Winchester. Will be nice to have some home games eventually, getting old having so many away games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Which "next Big Game" is bigger
    Thurs SMH vs Fontbonne
    Sat Lex vs Woburn

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Not Dad and your a Jackwagon
    Posted by BobbySchmatz[/QUOTE]

saw this earlier too, made no sense but i need to know! 
    Schmatzie whats a Jackwagon???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

[QUOTE]Which "next Big Game" is bigger Thurs SMH vs Fontbonne Sat Lex vs Woburn
    Posted by Icing-2[/QUOTE]

I'd say SMH vs. Fontbonne, because the streak ends!!
    Close second is Woburn vs. Lex, just going to be a great hockey game.

Bob

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Re: Elite Teams?

In Response to Re: Elite Teams?:
    [QUOTE]GHhockeyfan: Hmmmm....GH stand for "Go Hingham"..?  Sounds like a friend.  Anyways, I would say inconsistent is not really the right word - but not playing (get ready for cliche phrase) "up to their potential"...and they have still won all but 1....If they play together truly as a TEAM and up to that potential I am refrrring to...this should be the year. In D1, I am going to say Hingham will peak at the right time and beat SM in the state final....2 of the best coaches in the SShore in Hingham for the Girls team...  :) In Response to Re: Elite Teams? :
    Posted by Scooter8[/QUOTE]

Not quite. its just ghockeyfan (one "H"). I am a fan of girls hockey, that's mostly because that what my daughter plays :).

I admire Hingham and I am friends with the coaches, but I wouldn't root for them against my team. Same for Duxbury but they are D2 so I can root for them (except when they play us). I am a North Shore boy through and through.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

Since there is no score for the AC-Austin Prep game on massHShockey can I assume that AC has continued their freefall? Congratulations to A/B on getting the "W" over Billerica, must of been a good game.

Wt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Matty+Ice. Show Matty+Ice's posts

Norwood beat Walpole 3-1 at Iorio last night.  Norwood looked good, but also got a little lucky.  Their first goal was on a rebound off a shot from the point that the Walpole goalie wishes she had back (It was high and was a relatively easy catch as there was no screen and no one in front.) Second Norwood goal was scored with .6 seconds left in 2nd on a PP for Norwood.  Why Walpole's coach put only one of his top 2 defense on a key penalty key late in the 2nd makes little sense.  The 2 freshmen (depsite their lack of experience) are the best two skaters and defensive players on the team, shame to not coach and instead just "roll out the lines."  Put your best two forwards (my daughter is not one of the top 2) and your best 2 defense on the ice with under a minute in the period on a PP.  This isn't youth hockey, this is High School.
    That being said, Norwood certainly was the better team.  Senior dominated up front with a great goalie as well.  They could go far this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbySchmatz. Show BobbySchmatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : saw this earlier too, made no sense but i need to know!  Schmatzie whats a Jackwagon???
    Posted by suburbanbob[/QUOTE]I made a post complimenting a player and some knob made a wise crack about it and they wouldn't let me type jack--- so I referred to him as a jackwagon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : saw this earlier too, made no sense but i need to know!  Schmatzie whats a Jackwagon???
    Posted by suburbanbob[/QUOTE]

If you really want a definition look here:
    http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/jackwagon

BTW, the GEICO commercial they mention is hilarious. It features R. Lee Ermey (Gunny SGT. Hartman from Full Metal Jacket)

Here's the GEICO commercial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhlWddAXSRA

Ok, I know, let's get back to hockey talk

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from metrofan. Show metrofan's posts

[QUOTE]Norwood beat Walpole 3-1 at Iorio last night.  Norwood looked good, but also got a little lucky.  Their first goal was on a rebound off a shot from the point that the Walpole goalie wishes she had back (It was high and was a relatively easy catch as there was no screen and no one in front.) Second Norwood goal was scored with .6 seconds left in 2nd on a PP for Norwood.  Why Walpole's coach put only one of his top 2 defense on a key penalty key late in the 2nd makes little sense.  The 2 freshmen (depsite their lack of experience) are the best two skaters and defensive players on the team, shame to not coach and instead just "roll out the lines."  Put your best two forwards (my daughter is not one of the top 2) and your best 2 defense on the ice with under a minute in the period on a PP.  This isn't youth hockey, this is High School. That being said, Norwood certainly was the better team.  Senior dominated up front with a great goalie as well.  They could go far this year.
    Posted by Matty+Ice[/QUOTE]
    Could it be they just came off a long shift? Just asking, Norwood maybe lucky but sounds like to me goalie came thru and they just won the game. Two great teams that will go far in tournament. Good coaching on those teams girls play club outside of HS team.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Matty+Ice. Show Matty+Ice's posts

Norwood better than Walpole, but also got a little lucky.
    Not impressed with Walpole coach.
    AM for Norwood a little chippy.  Not horribly, but a little over the line.
    Norwood has a legitimate first line.  If you have your best players out against them, they can be neutralized, but they pose a matchup problem for 2nd or 3rd lines.
    Don't think Walpole can go deep.  They have one legitimate scorer.  Goalie for Walpole is good, but not as good as the better ones in the league. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]Since there is no score for the AC-Austin Prep game on massHShockey can I assume that AC has continued their freefall? Congratulations to A/B on getting the "W" over Billerica, must of been a good game. Wt
    Posted by wtcash[/QUOTE]

Not so fast Cash...It looks like they just posted it, AC-4 AP-2
    So AC is still alive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaRocket. Show DaRocket's posts

AC 4 AP 2.  Natalie Flynn hat trick and assist.  Shots were huge in AC's favor (like 47-13).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from metrofan. Show metrofan's posts

[QUOTE]Norwood better than Walpole, but also got a little lucky. Not impressed with Walpole coach. AM for Norwood a little chippy.  Not horribly, but a little over the line. Norwood has a legitimate first line.  If you have your best players out against them, they can be neutralized, but they pose a matchup problem for 2nd or 3rd lines. Don't think Walpole can go deep.  They have one legitimate scorer.  Goalie for Walpole is good, but not as good as the better ones in the league.  They would have to buckle down defensively and getter coaching.  The first could happen, the second won't.
    Posted by Matty+Ice[/QUOTE]
    Too much coach bashing, the other day AC lost because coach was using right compo, Framingham coach to blame for not filing waiver. Now Walpole who I think does a great job is getting taken to task. Makes all the coaches out there take a step back and wonder if this feedback is worth it. They love the game more than you or I sometimes I think us as parents have to look at our own kid and realize that little Joey or Abby is not that good. Coming on this forum and blaming the coach is not going to help. 9 times out of 10 the better team wins, this time maybe they didn't. I have seen both teams and if they played 10 times it would split right down the middle. Norwood and Walpole are two teams that are just getting their feet wet in girls hockey for the most part they have come on in the past 3 years, with all these club teams popping up the are playing offseason and getting great coaching. I wish in our town we had that committment. Alas in 1 1/2 months the season and career will be over for my child and teammates, its been a great ride. Hopefully they will finish strong and make tourney.      

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Light. Show Red-Light's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Not so fast Cash...It looks like they just posted it, AC-4 AP-2 So AC is still alive.
    ok 1 win over a .500 team is suppose to mean they are back?? what about the choke jobs in the games against Andover and Framingham.  They are a fraud team!!  Stick a fork in them they are done!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Hey Metro - you can stop putting words in my mouth any time now.  Never blamed the coach on the waiver thing. Never. Think otherwise? Find it. Post it. Prove it. Guarantee you won't. In case you missed it while skimming and adding words that don't exist into posts, the biggest reason Framingham won't/can't get a waiver - they won't take the opportunity to play this game for the first time away from any athlete and cut the JV program. All the other big schools that use waivers do not have a JV program specifically so they can use the waiver.  It's a loophole that needs to be closed. 

Does that stance hurt the varsity team? Of course it does. Doesn't mean anyone on the team or any parent wants to see the opportunity the JV girls are getting be taken away from them.  The fact remains though, it is because of those JV numbers that our AD won't apply for one because he knows it will be denied.  The coach who has done nothing but work towards improving the level of play of the players he is getting at the youth level. Does he probably hope the rule gets amended when they vote on it in June? I wouldn't doubt it for a second, what varsity coach wouldn't?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Little harsh there dont you think redlight?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wobky. Show wobky's posts

St Mary's keep rolling, can they be beaten?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 5holes. Show 5holes's posts

[QUOTE]St Mary's keep rolling, can they be beaten?
    Posted by wobky[/QUOTE]

Not the way they played tonight,Great game 2-0 win

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Next Big game Sat is Lexington vs Woburn (Actually Woburn has a huge game this week and Next Sat SMH)

Who likes which team

Anybody have a report from from the Fontbonne vs SMH???

I know there were quite a few you there that are regulars on this Board!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]Next Big game Sat is Lexington vs Woburn (Actually Woburn has a huge game this week and Next Sat SMH) Who likes which team Anybody have a report from from the Fontbonne vs SMH??? I know there were quite a few you there that are regulars on this Board!
    Posted by Icing-2[/QUOTE]

I would say that Fontbonne controlled the play for the 1st period, the rest of the game about even. Fontbonne probably outshot SMH by a 2-1 margin but a lot of the shots were long range or little dribblers that got past the D. Quality scoring chances were probably dead even.  SMH capitalized on one of its 2 on 1 rushes and the other goal was a bomb (top corner) from the top of the dot. Overall a very even game.

Can they be beaten???
    Tough road ahead for SMH. Some of their tougher games include Woburn, Lexington, Fontbonne and Hingham. Also the battle of Lynn teams takes place on Wednesday, should be a good one. And lets not forget the rematch with NDA and the final game of the season against top NH team Bishop Guertin. NO easy ones this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : I would say that Fontbonne controlled the play for the 1st period, the rest of the game about even. Fontbonne probably outshot SMH by a 2-1 margin but a lot of the shots were long range or little dribblers that got past the D. Quality scoring chances were probably dead even.  SMH capitalized on one of its 2 on 1 rushes and the other goal was a bomb (top corner) from the top of the dot. Overall a very even game. Can they be beaten??? Tough road ahead for SMH. Some of their tougher games include Woburn, Lexington, Fontbonne and Hingham. Also the battle of Lynn teams takes place on Wednesday, should be a good one. And lets not forget the rematch with NDA and the final game of the season against top NH team Bishop Guertin. NO easy ones this year.

You really do have to give the coach credit. He is taking on all comers. look at their schedule. It is quite a stretch of quality teams. If they get through it unbeaten it will be his best job to date.

can't wait for Wednesday

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : You really do have to give the coach credit. He is taking on all comers. look at their schedule. It is quite a stretch of quality teams. If they get through it unbeaten it will be his best job to date. can't wait for Wednesday
    Posted by endofroad[/QUOTE]
    Give the program credit I agree but MT/Matignon dropped their CC schedule so they were able to get those quality OOC games.  I would like to see the 4 "big" catholic schools SMH, AP, AC and Fontbonne all do like Hingham has done and play an Independant schedule.  I think it would be good for the sport of Girls Ice Hockey.

Sections
Shortcuts